Trump 2020

Moderators: Elvis, DrVolin, Jeff

Re: Trump 2020

Postby Iamwhomiam » Fri Aug 18, 2017 5:21 pm

I don't think he'll run again, if he lasts his first term. Let's recognize it's not DJT cleaning house, but that he's being directed to remove his friends. So who's calling the shots? Mercer?

If he does manage to last and decides to run for reelection, I imagine he'll suffer a 'heart attack' during a visit to some target's dignitary's country. Conveniently for the VP, and all horrified by the prospect he'll be reelected, this will ideally take place soon before voting, too late to run another candidate. Oh, many will mourn, a great many.

We already have a statue for the somber occasion, the emperor with no clothes.

He gets 400K a year if he walks now and will get no more if he served 8 years. He's gonna go for the quick, easy money. (If after his first term he lets his ego get in the way and swoons to the cheering crowd, we're never gonna get rid of the goon.)
Iamwhomiam

Blog: View Blog (0)

Postby 8bitagent » Sun Aug 20, 2017 2:08 am

brekin » Thu Aug 17, 2017 10:02 pm wrote:I scribed a bunch last night in response to the above - but poof, guess I didn't submit or something.
Anyhow agree with the above and in a nutshell, the guy has made a career out of destroying people who play by the rules - or at least still make gestures that they do. It would take someone equally ruthless to challenge him and win - but he's the president now. He obliterated seasoned and super connected political entrenched Machiavelli's (he beat The Clintons for crying out loud) when no one really supported him and I don't see anyone coming along except some proggy's who will make some nice speeches, possibly some epic ones, but won't be able to withstand the character blast furnace that is his method of melting the faces of his opponents.

And it can't be too far off when everyone will put away their "Resist" signs and sheepishly march in lockstep again to "Support Our Troops" because "United We Stand" and must "Never Forget" if Trump's eluded to above Reichstag appears. It will probably be some ISIS'ish attack that will result in a trifecta of authoritarian repercussions with Trump crowing "I told you so on X, Y, & Z didn't I? Nobody wanted to support my plan against X, Y, & Z, and look what happened!" And congress will shout, "Bring out the Gimp!" And lead Bernie Sanders on a leash to the throne room and Bernie will drop from his mouth at Trump's feet, a signed blank check from the Congress and Senate.

Yes, but three years after 9/11 the anti Bush resistance was in full force in America. (the last time youll ever see the left/activists and the "patriot" right on the same side) I remember some big anti Iraq war protests in 2003, but sadly too many on the left and yuppy America was still shell shocked from Sept 11th. But 2004...tthat was the year. Fahrenheit 9/11 just put a bow on it(Look how "liberal" Hollywood booed Michael Moore off the stage for calling the Iraq war and Bush presidency a lie in Feb 2003 at the Oscars)

What still bugs me is that most predictions I saw said Hillary would win, and win by quite a large margin. Anyone who was involved in both the Bernie Sanders fan phenomenon but also were keen on monitoring the online pro Trump folks knew a surprise was in store(ie: Berniecrats would stay home, and the GOP would eventually come together and snag a lot of rustbelt Democrats)
Many are now writing that Trumps only strategy is to create such toxic division and stoke mass internal fighting in order to replicate the chaos strategy that won him in Nov 2016...however, it'd take something really insane
for that to happen. And sadly, insane times is what we're stuck in. It feels like Trump is collapsing more than ever from Tuesday's press conference fall out, but the "this is it, he's a goner politically" mantra has been spoken many times before(Remember when the "Access Hollywood tape will finally end his chances" was the dominant thinking?)
"Do you know who I am? I am the arm, and I sound like this..."-man from another place, twin peaks fire walk with me
8bitagent

Postby Iamwhomiam » Sun Aug 20, 2017 2:30 am

Opposing contenders with a chance?

My, how things can change in just a few days!

Bannon v Trump

Trump was the door-breaker, preparing the way.
Iamwhomiam

Postby mentalgongfu2 » Sun Aug 20, 2017 1:54 pm

It feels like Trump is collapsing more than ever from Tuesday's press conference fall out, but the "this is it, he's a goner politically" mantra has been spoken many times before(Remember when the "Access Hollywood tape will finally end his chances" was the dominant thinking?)

Yup. Every two or say days there's a new article at RawStory or Slate about how stalwart GOP members are now running away from Trump. Yet, they don't actually seem to be doing so.

BTW, didn't Raw Story at one time have something akin to valuable reporting, or am I just mis-remembering?
I still check it as a barometer, but 90 percent of what they run now is "Internet freaks out over XXXX" (usually something Trump said). And the other 10 percent is just videos of talking heads at CNN yelling at each other.
I guess it's a low input model, cobble together a paragraph or two and then run a few pages of twitter screen grabs.
But I could have sworn they weren't always this bad.
"When I'm done ranting about elite power that rules the planet under a totalitarian government that uses the media in order to keep people stupid, my throat gets parched. That's why I drink Orange Drink!"
mentalgongfu2

Postby Iamwhomiam » Sun Aug 20, 2017 2:40 pm

What still bugs me is that most predictions I saw said Hillary would win, and win by quite a large margin.

8bit ~ Hillary did win the popular vote and garnered 2 million plus more votes than Trump.

If any strategy has been in play, it's been Bannon's, which is to gut and forever eliminate our government's regulating authority over business & industry.

Seems like the only strategy in play these days is "Do what thou will," kinda like, "Damn the torpedoes - full speed ahead!"
Iamwhomiam

Postby brekin » Sun Aug 20, 2017 2:49 pm

Well, the headline "Trump's Worst Week ever" has become so standard in the media every few weeks that they might as well print calendars with that on it. I just think this constant doomsaying makes most liberals look (and be) increasingly hysterical, screechy and irrational. Not that it isn't justified to a very large degree, the roll back of Westrrn Civilization and all. It's just most conservatives for years have wanted, more than most/any fiscal, religious, limited gov, military & cultural goals, to really just make those smug, sanctimonious liberals suffer. And that is happening like never before. And so I imagine many feel Trump is catharticly excorcising the liberal b.s. that previously only their right wing radio handlers frothed unceasingly about. That alone I wager is something many who voted for Trump and those who would now - cherish above all else. They finally have someone who provokes and punishes unmercifully those they've held in contempt for years. Hard to say no to such a reliable hate dealer.
If I knew all mysteries and all knowledge, and have not charity, I am nothing. St. Paul
I hang onto my prejudices, they are the testicles of my mind. Eric Hoffer
brekin

Blog: View Blog (1)

Postby Grizzly » Mon Aug 21, 2017 11:57 pm

Is Merica being gamed?

From phony news on Web sites to terrorist propaganda on social media to recruitment videos posted by extremists, conflict in the information domain is becoming a ubiquitous addition to traditional battlespaces. Given the pace of growth in social media and other networked communications, this bustling domain of words and images—once relegated to the sidelines of strategic planning—is poised to become ever more critical to national security and military success around the globe.

Understanding and operating in the information domain poses a number of novel challenges, however. Many tools are available today to reveal whether rockets and bombs hit their targets or otherwise achieved their tactical goals. But no such tools are available to rigorously assess the effects of the volleys of information that are traded through social media and other communications channels.

DARPA’s Quantitative Crisis Response (QCR) program aims to address those challenges. It is developing suites of largely automated digital tools that can help operational partners better understand how information is being used by adversaries and to quantitatively predict and assess—in real time and at scale—the effects of those campaigns and of countermeasures.

Joint Vision 2020 Emphasizes Full-spectrum Dominance

archive.defense.gov/news/newsarticle.aspx?id=45289 Proxy Highlight

WASHINGTON, June 2, 2000 – "Full-spectrum dominance" is the key term in " Joint Vision 2020," the blueprint DoD will follow in the future. Joint Vision 2020 ...

https://www.reddit.com/r/conspiracy/com ... _everyday/

What if Trump is one long season of the Apprentice?
Last edited by Grizzly on Tue Aug 22, 2017 12:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
“The more we do to you, the less you seem to believe we are doing it.”

― Joseph mengele
Grizzly

Postby mentalgongfu2 » Tue Aug 22, 2017 12:06 am

Not to be a pessimist, but I read the next solar eclipse visible in the U.S. will be in 2024. Which could mean there would be an eclipse during both Trump's first year in office and his potential last.

This of course assumes a longevity for his presidency that is hard to imagine today.
"When I'm done ranting about elite power that rules the planet under a totalitarian government that uses the media in order to keep people stupid, my throat gets parched. That's why I drink Orange Drink!"
mentalgongfu2

Postby Grizzly » Tue Aug 22, 2017 12:09 am

You have reached a collection of archived material.

The content available is no longer being updated and may no longer be applicable as a result of changes in law, regulation and/or administration. If you wish to see the latest content, please visit the current version of the site.

For persons with disabilities experiencing difficulties accessing content on archive.defense.gov, please use the DoD Section 508 Form. In this form, please indicate the nature of your accessibility issue/problem and your contact information so we can address your issue or question.
United States Department of Defense
News

News Articles
News/Casualty Releases
Press Advisories
News Transcripts
Publications
Speeches
Contracts
Testimony

Secretary of Defense

Biography
Speeches
Travels
News Photos

Deputy Secretary of Defense

Biography
Speeches
Travels
News Photos

Photos/Videos

Lead Photos
News Photos
Photo Essays
Week in Photos
Videos
DoD Video News
Imagery Archive

Other

Briefing Slides
Pentagon Press Badges
Press/Media Queries
Military Commissions
Detainees
Other News Sources

DoD News
E-Mail A Copy | Printer Friendly | Latest News
News Article
Joint Vision 2020 Emphasizes Full-spectrum Dominance

By Jim Garamone
American Forces Press Service

WASHINGTON, June 2, 2000 – "Full-spectrum dominance" is the key term in "Joint Vision 2020," the blueprint DoD will follow in the future.

Joint Vision 2020, released May 30 and signed by the chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff, Army Gen. Henry Shelton, extends the concept laid out in Joint Vision 2010. Some things will not change. The mission of the U.S. military today and tomorrow is to fight and win the nation's wars. How DoD goes about doing this is 2020's focus.

Full-spectrum dominance means the ability of U.S. forces, operating alone or with allies, to defeat any adversary and control any situation across the range of military operations.

While full-spectrum dominance is the goal, the way to get there is to "invest in and develop new military capabilities." The four capabilities at the heart of full-spectrum dominance are dominant maneuver, precision engagement, focused logistics and full-dimensional protection.

These four capabilities need the full capabilities of the total force. "To build the most effective force for 2020, we must be fully joint: intellectually, operationally, organizationally, doctrinally and technically," the report states.

The report says that new equipment and technological innovation are important, but more important is having trained people who understand and can exploit these new technologies.

The joint force must win over the full range of conflict, be prepared to work with allies and cooperate with other U.S. and international agencies. Adversaries will not stand still. They, too, have access to many cutting-edge developments in information technology.

"We should not expect opponents in 2020 to fight with strictly 'industrial age' tools," the report states. "Our advantage must ... come from leaders, people, doctrine, organizations and training that enable us to take advantage of technology to achieve superior warfighting effectiveness."

Adversaries will probably not challenge U.S. strengths, but seek to attack the United States and its interests through "asymmetric means." They could identify vulnerable areas and devise means to attack them.

"The potential of such asymmetric approaches is perhaps the most serious danger the United States faces in the immediate future - - and this danger includes long-range ballistic missiles and other direct threats to U.S. citizens and territory," the report says.

Joint Vision 2020 addresses full-spectrum dominance across the range of conflicts from nuclear war to major theater wars to smaller-scale contingencies. It also addresses amorphous situations like peacekeeping and noncombat humanitarian relief. Key to U.S. dominance in any conflict will be what the chairman calls "decision superiority" -- translating information superiority into better decisions arrived at and implemented faster than an enemy can react.

The development of a global information grid will provide the environment for decision superiority.

Innovation has always been a hallmark of the American military. In 2020, this native American talent will be even more important.

"The services and combatant commands must allow our highly trained and skilled professionals the opportunity to create new concepts and ideas that may lead to future breakthroughs," according to the report. Inherent in this statement is the commitment to not penalize service members if their innovations do not work.

"An experimentation process with low tolerance for error makes it unlikely that the force will identify and nurture the most relevant and productive aspects of new concepts, capabilities and technologies," the report states.

Normally applied to communications and materiel, "interoperability" in the military became a catchword in the 1970s, when it became apparent that many of the NATO allies could not operate with each other. Joint Vision 2020 expands the term to include the development of joint doctrine and information sharing.

Joint Vision 2020 is a blueprint. While many of its facets could come true, not all will. Changes in the world or changes in America may render some points moot. Joint Vision 2020 carries on some of the recommendations to transform the U.S. military from Joint Vision 2010. Other portions of 2010 are gone or changed.
Contact Author

Related Sites:
Joint Vision 2020

Most Recent News Stories
06/28/2015
Swimmer Uses Imagery Skills to Earn Warrior Games Medals

06/28/2015
Warrior Games Athlete’s Illness Strengthens Couple’s Bond

06/28/2015
Marine Pushes Through Pain to Win Warrior Games Gold

06/28/2015
Sailor Attributes Warrior Games Medals to Family’s Support

06/28/2015
U.S., Coalition Continue Airstrikes Against ISIL in Syria, Iraq

06/28/2015
Watch Live at 5 p.m.: Work, Dempsey Speak at Warrior Games Closing Ceremony

06/28/2015
2015 Defense Department Warrior Games Come to a Close

06/27/2015
DoD Observes National PTSD Awareness Day

06/27/2015
Warrior Games Athletes Compete in Shooting Medal Rounds

06/27/2015
Former Supply Sergeant Focuses on Fun at Warrior Games

Home
Today in DOD
About DOD
Top Issues
News
Photos/Videos
Contact Us
DoD Sites
Resources

Home
Today in DOD
About DOD
Top Issues
News
Photos/Videos
Contact Us
DoD Sites
Resources

Inspector General
Privacy & Security
Link Disclaimer
Recovery Act
FOIA
USA.gov
No FEAR Act
Plain Writing Act of 2010
Accessibility/Section 508

Join the Military
Careers
Web Policy

Stay Connected

Icon: FacebookFacebook
Icon: TwitterTwitter
Icon: YouTubeYouTube
Icon: Google PlusGoogle +
Icon: InstagramInstagram
Icon: FlickrFlickr
Icon: DoDLive BlogDOD Live Blog
Icon: EmailEmail
Icon: RSS FeedsRSS Feeds
Icon: WidgetsWidgets

MORE SOCIAL MEDIA SITES »
“The more we do to you, the less you seem to believe we are doing it.”

― Joseph mengele
Grizzly

Postby kelley » Tue Aug 22, 2017 3:54 am

must ask and am sincerely curious

where would things stand if gore hadn't stood down in 2000

the idea just kills me day after day
kelley

Postby 8bitagent » Tue Aug 22, 2017 4:12 am

Surprised I haven't seen this being discussed recently, but after the recent USS Mccain crash, there's no talk in the mainstream media about the idea someone is hacking and taking over destroyers to crash. Given this is the fourth destroyer out of commission from a maritime accident. The idea being a foreign power maybe hacking these US ships, taking out the US Navy piece by piece. All with the 10 day joint US/S Korean exercises going on. While I see some theorizing that some sort of racial civil unrest is being stoked, the idea that a major world conflict is being put together in place under the radar seems to be gaining traction. The sonic weapons against US diplomats in Cuba recently, again another example of the MSM covering strange under the radar ops going on.

Relating to Trump, it's interesting that there's an idea going around that some of Trump's staff want to leave but feel it's better for the country if 'responsible adults' are in place to help guide the baby child president.
If George W Bush was seen as the useful idiot easily compromised by the powers that be; while the pro Trump conspiracy Alex Jones side sees Trump as the "last bastion against the globalists"....yet most of
the world sees Trump as a big baby tyrant not beholden to anyone but himself...one has to wonder if Trump was a weird anomaly that slipped through on Nov 8th against an assumed Hillary win...or if something else is afoot.
I've long suspected agents of chaos wanted to take the screws off the wheels and hit the gas.

Also funny someone pointed out that the eclipse is in Trumps first year and then repeats what may be his final year of his second term if we got that far. A black sun cycle.
"Do you know who I am? I am the arm, and I sound like this..."-man from another place, twin peaks fire walk with me
8bitagent

Postby seemslikeadream » Tue Aug 22, 2017 8:11 am

:P
German police seize 5,000 Trump-shaped ecstasy pills
http://edition.cnn.com/2017/08/22/europ ... 236PMStory
Mazars and Deutsche Bank could have ended this nightmare before it started.
They could still get him out of office.
But instead, they want mass death.
Don’t forget that.
seemslikeadream

Blog: View Blog (83)

Postby Wombaticus Rex » Tue Aug 22, 2017 11:34 am

kelley » Tue Aug 22, 2017 2:54 am wrote:must ask and am sincerely curious

Same project, different branding, different time table. Al Gore goes to the same Church as the rest of these assholes.
Wombaticus Rex

Postby Iamwhomiam » Tue Aug 22, 2017 3:12 pm

Wombaticus Rex » Tue Aug 22, 2017 11:34 am wrote:
kelley » Tue Aug 22, 2017 2:54 am wrote:must ask and am sincerely curious

Same project, different branding, different time table. Al Gore goes to the same Church as the rest of these assholes.

Yes, he is. Hoping for a better candidate is akin to arguing about which bullet is better to be killed by.

There exists in our nation today a powerful and dangerous secret cult -- the cult of intelligence. Its holy men are the clandestine professionals of the Central Intelligence Agency. Its patrons and protectors are the highest officials of the federal government. Its membership, extending far beyond governmental circles, reaches into the power centers of industry, commerce, finance, and labor. Its friends are many in the areas of important public influence -- the academic world and the communications media. The cult of intelligence is a secret fraternity of the American political aristocracy. The purpose of the cult is to further the foreign policies of the U.S. government by covert and usually illegal means, while at the same time containing the spread of its avowed enemy, communism. Traditionally, the cult's hope has been to foster a world order in which America would reign supreme, the unchallenged international leader. Today, however, that dream stands tarnished by time and frequent failures. Thus, the cult's objectives are now less grandiose, but no less disturbing. It seeks largely to advance America's self-appointed role as the dominant arbiter of social, economic, and political change in the awakening regions of Asia, Africa, and Latin America. And its worldwide war against communism has to some extent been reduced to a covert struggle to maintain a self-serving stability in the Third World, using whatever clandestine methods are available.

"Victor Marchetti used the expression "cult of intelligence" to denounce what he viewed as a counterproductive mindset and culture of secrecy, elitism, amorality and lawlessness within and surrounding the Central Intelligence Agency in the service of American imperialism."

Socially as well as professionally they cliqued together, forming a sealed fraternity. They ate together at their own special favorite restaurants; they partied almost only among themselves; their families drifted to each other, so their defenses did not always have to be up. In this way they increasingly separated themselves from the ordinary world and developed a rather skewed view of that world. Their own dedicated double life became the proper norm, and they looked down on the life of the rest of the citizenry. And out of this grew what was later named -- and condemned -- as the "cult" of intelligence, an inbred, distorted, elitist view of intelligence that held it to be above the normal processes of society, with its own rationale and justification, beyond the restraints of the Constitution, which applied to everything and everyone else.

From his 1978 memoir, Honorable Men: My Life in the CIA, William Colby, a former Director of the Central Intelligence Agency, endorsed Marchetti's critique and adopted the use of the expression "cult of intelligence".

(Same source for both quotes)
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_CIA_and_the_Cult_of_Intelligence
Iamwhomiam

Postby seemslikeadream » Mon Aug 28, 2017 9:03 am

WEEK 2

Arpaio...Alex Jones says thank you mr. president

Joe Arpaio thanks conspiracy theorist Alex Jones for getting his story to Donald Trump, who is reportedly poised to pardon the former sheriff
https://www.mediamatters.org/blog/2017/ ... dly/217740

Harvey NO HEAD OF FEMA

Trump’s business sought deal on a Trump Tower in Moscow while he ran for president

Sater said recently: “In about the next 30-35 days, I will be the most colorful character you have ever talked about." I can't wait. END

Remember: giant 2013 Sberbank loan to Agalarov megaproject also included planned Trump deal

Agalarov, lest we forget, is same developer who set up fateful @DonaldJTrumpJr/Kushner/Manafort meeting w Veselnitskaya

If you want to understand how Trump/Russia connection worked pay very close attention to Felix Sater who's at the center of new WP story

Special Counsel Robert Mueller issued grand jury subpoenas

Fun fact: Sater has known Trump's personal attorney Michael Cohen since high school

Trump-McConnell Feud Sets The Stage For A September From Hell

Two Top State Department Officials Resign

Amid mounting bipartisan concerns, debate over Trump's mental health takes off

Tillerson

Mattis

transgender

Dreamers

Mazars and Deutsche Bank could have ended this nightmare before it started.
They could still get him out of office.
But instead, they want mass death.
Don’t forget that.
seemslikeadream

Blog: View Blog (83)

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion