Alt Right vs "Alt Left" Strategy of Tension in the USA?

Moderators: Elvis, DrVolin, Jeff

Re: Alt Right vs "Alt Left" Strategy of Tension in the USA?

Postby Sounder » Mon Aug 28, 2017 9:09 pm

Innocent Sounder the sweet summer child.

You are the innocent one apparently.

sounder wrote...
Still it does seem that liberals are no better at seeing they are being played than were the 'foreigner fearing' Birchers before them. There is big money for these operations, so of course they happen. Along with fakes for inoculation purposes.

norton wrote....
I don't give a fuck who's funding disruptors or outside agitators or fakes, but REAL people of good will will often demonstrate against hateful fascists without being paid, or just because they're suckers to your Soros-organized fever dreams.

yes real people of good will demonstrate against hateful fascists, but people of good will do not attack people that are not fascists as being fascists.

and yes many good people do this without being paid, but to then suggest that Soros influence is my fevered dream is just odd given the well known commitments of Soros.

It is somewhat telling that you 'don't give a fuck who's funding disruptors or outside agitators or fakes'. Why not? Do you not care about good folk being manipulated against their interests?

It is not in any liberals interest to support trans-national corporatism via the fig-leaf of 'world culture' or globalism.

Birchers were indeed fucking suckers, while most of the 'liberals' who demonstrate do it out of civic engagement.

Yes Birchers were suckers, but why not consider that liberal pretenses can also be weaponized and monetized through calibrated psychological operations?

But absolutely everything's fake

Oh no, reality always wins in the end.

to you assholes, isn't it?

What class of assholes do I belong with norton?

How has your writing done anything to refute the thesis of the OP?
All these things will continue as long as coercion remains a central element of our mentality.
Sounder

Blog: View Blog (0)

Re: I am not a moron

Postby DrEvil » Mon Aug 28, 2017 9:23 pm

Sounder » Tue Aug 29, 2017 12:03 am wrote:There are very few vids from you-tube that I can endorse without reservation, from my perspective, this is a gem.

I live in probably the most diverse city in these United States. It's very liberal and I have lived quite comfortably here for many years, greatly valuing both the diversity and my liberal friends. Still it does seem that liberals are no better at seeing they are being played than were the 'foreigner fearing' Birchers before them. There is big money for these operations, so of course they happen. Along with fakes for inoculation purposes.

I'm shocked that you think this video is a gem. No wait, what's the opposite of shocked?

The words that spring to mind after watching that video (unlike you I try to watch stuff before commenting on it) aren't exactly "this is a gem". More like, "wow, this is some stupid shit". This is just a bullshit-parade of "just asking questions", your favorite past-time, and it's getting old.

Oh look, FBI entrapped someone. Color me not surprised, but it has fuck-all to do with Charlottesville. And someone (may have) tried to stir up shit at Trump rallies (other than Project Veritas / James O'Keefe I mean. The people who made those videos got caught trying to bribe people to, you guessed it, stir up shit at Trump rallies). Again, so what? It has nothing to do with Charlottesville. The only thing in there even remotely connected is the random black dude claiming to have seen something, but then you think that one crab fisherman is more reliable than the entire climate research establishment, so to you that should constitute absolute proof that Charlottesville was faked in some way.

Bonus points to the moron in the video for squeezing in a Soros reference. Can't have a Sounder post without invoking Soros in some way.

I live in probably the most diverse city in these United States. It's very liberal and I have lived quite comfortably here for many years, greatly valuing both the diversity and my liberal friends. Still..... <snip>

"I'm not racist, but.."
"I only read American. I want my fantasy pure." - Dave
DrEvil

Postby Sounder » Mon Aug 28, 2017 9:40 pm

Oh look, FBI entrapped someone. Color me not surprised, but it has fuck-all to do with Charlottesville.

Fine if you think it doesn't, but the story was making the rounds although of course not on MSM. Still there are other examples of new 'issues' being used to swamp out interest in embarrassing events. Besides it being an example of weaponizing a mentally ill person to promote the threat of 'right-wing' terrorism. Huh, a twofer, but yeah, no connection. Nooooo connections here.

You folks are angry at the wrong targets.

Morty knows what I'm talking about.

(Also, the racism tag is lazy thought stopper defense for insecure minds.)
All these things will continue as long as coercion remains a central element of our mentality.
Sounder

Postby norton ash » Mon Aug 28, 2017 9:51 pm

Fine if you think it doesn't, but the story was making the rounds although of course not on MSM.

It's a weak desperate bullshit story that made the rounds of you and your weak-minded nazi-loving friends.
Zen horse
norton ash

Postby Elvis » Mon Aug 28, 2017 10:16 pm

The video Sounder posted above (which I did not find unreasonable) led me to this one:

(Skip to 8:10 for a description of the buses)
[img]TZ3jyrGB3VE[/img]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TZ3jyrGB3VE

My friend whom I trust dearly was there. She was not there to protest. She was not there to riot. She was there having lunch and taking in local culture. As she has done in the past for many weeks. Engaging in conversation with the locals. Ads were placed on craigslist Virginia looking for " paid protesters" from a service that provides crowds on demand. Who paid for this " service? " and why? Participants in this staged event arrived in Buses .Actors wearing BLM and KKK Shirts arrived TOGETHER. In the SAME BUS. They were armed with riot gear, shields, soda bottles full of concrete, condoms full of manure, urine and other substances.

The YouTuber "The Charles Patrick" seems like a reasonable guy (I watched another video of his about this) and his friend on the phone sounds pretty believable. So I guess someone is hiring fake protesters. The comments mention companies like "Crowd Source" who provide such services.

I for one am very curious who paid for this. I don't have any assumptions about who it is.

But we ought to be curious.

(My mind doesn't immediately go to "George Soros," I think that's a fairly facile attribution. I could probably get a grant from George Soros Foundation, or whatever it is, to "promote social justice through theater" and hire fake protesters with the money. I wouldn't tell George, of course.)
“The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists.” ― Joan Robinson
Elvis

Postby Iamwhomiam » Tue Aug 29, 2017 1:17 am

I need something a bit more than heresay, 2nd hand at that. Not a single photo? No other mentioning of this by any other of the thousands there that day? Find more to make me curious.
Iamwhomiam

Postby Elvis » Tue Aug 29, 2017 2:56 am

Iamwhomiam » Mon Aug 28, 2017 10:17 pm wrote:Not a single photo? No other mentioning of this by any other of the thousands there that day?

Good questions, seems there would be more about it. I might look later, if I find time; I have a feeling it happened.
“The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists.” ― Joan Robinson
Elvis

Postby DrEvil » Tue Aug 29, 2017 7:20 am

Sounder » Tue Aug 29, 2017 3:40 am wrote:
Oh look, FBI entrapped someone. Color me not surprised, but it has fuck-all to do with Charlottesville.

Fine if you think it doesn't, but the story was making the rounds although of course not on MSM. Still there are other examples of new 'issues' being used to swamp out interest in embarrassing events. Besides it being an example of weaponizing a mentally ill person to promote the threat of 'right-wing' terrorism. Huh, a twofer, but yeah, no connection. Nooooo connections here.

You folks are angry at the wrong targets.

Morty knows what I'm talking about.

(Also, the racism tag is lazy thought stopper defense for insecure minds.)

We're angry at the Nazis and white supremacists. You're trying really hard to deflect from the fact that fucking Nazis were marching in Charlottesville, and one of them killed a person. Your constant attempts to shift blame to "them" is a bullshit tactic to make the Nazis look less guilty. The poor things are just the playthings of Soros and friends, right?

I didn't call you a racist, because I don't think you are. I think you're a moron.
I used the most common variety of "I'm not X, but..." to juxtapose with your more long-winded version. The rule of thumb is to ignore everything before the "but", or in your case "still".
"I only read American. I want my fantasy pure." - Dave
DrEvil

Postby Sounder » Tue Aug 29, 2017 7:32 am

Fine if you think it doesn't, but the story was making the rounds although of course not on MSM.

norton wrote...
It's a weak desperate bullshit story that made the rounds of you and your weak-minded nazi-loving friends.

Hmmm..., weak, desperate and bullshit? It is evidence that the FBI uses mentally ill people to foment violence.

'your weak-minded nazi-loving friends' Really? They got you where they want you, using your lizard brain. Expressing reactive mind thoughts that shut down critical faculties, making YOU easily manipulated. .
Sounder

Postby cptmarginal » Tue Aug 29, 2017 7:40 am

There are very few vids from you-tube that I can endorse without reservation, from my perspective, this is a gem.

That's just a laugh riot. "I can double task!"
cptmarginal

Postby cptmarginal » Tue Aug 29, 2017 7:41 am

"We're an empire now, and when we act, we create our own reality. And while you're studying that reality—judiciously, as you will—we'll act again, creating other new realities." —Karl Rove

Just adding something here, while it's on my mind: Don't Believe Ron Suskind
cptmarginal

Postby norton ash » Tue Aug 29, 2017 10:26 am

Minecraft Creator Alleges Global Conspiracy Involving Pizzagate, a ‘Manufactured Race War,’ a Missing Tabloid Toddler, and Holistic Medicine

Markus ‘Notch’ Persson has a net worth of over a billion dollars, which he’s not using to investigate the lead he got from Reddit on Madeleine McCann’s disappearance.

Persson capped off his tweetstorm alleging that “a very obvious attempt at a race war is being manufactured by the media and the god damned retarded alt-right and alt-left fuel that fire.”

http://www.thedailybeast.com/minecraft- ... c-medicine
Zen horse
norton ash

Postby JackRiddler » Tue Aug 29, 2017 1:54 pm

DrEvil » Tue Aug 29, 2017 6:20 am wrote:I didn't call you a racist, because I don't think you are. I think you're a moron.

Doesn't matter anyway. The context to the "I'm not a racist" dodge is the larger idea that racism is a personal defect or someone's hidden creed. Inner states of mind are ultimately unknowable even to one's own self. One's self-image may be secondary. Action matters more. The action here is to find ways to deflect from or defuse or otherwise excuse the actions of declared Nazis and of a larger racist system (system, ideology, set of collective relations that work by a double standard, modes of action that may be independent of what one thinks one is doing).

We meet at the borders of our being, we dream something of each others reality. - Harvey of R.I.

To Justice my maker from on high did incline:
I am by virtue of its might divine,
The highest Wisdom and the first Love.

TopSecret WallSt. Iraq & more
JackRiddler

Postby Elvis » Tue Aug 29, 2017 2:58 pm

cptmarginal » Tue Aug 29, 2017 4:41 am wrote:
"We're an empire now, and when we act, we create our own reality. And while you're studying that reality—judiciously, as you will—we'll act again, creating other new realities." —Karl Rove

Just adding something here, while it's on my mind: Don't Believe Ron Suskind

Interesting hit on Ron Suskind; I don't know much about him, but I certainly read Slate with a jaded eye. The piece is from 2011, not sure whether Suskind had yet revealed the source of the "reality based community" remark was Rove. Despite the Slate piece, I accept that Rove said it (has ROve denied it?).
Elvis

Postby cptmarginal » Tue Aug 29, 2017 4:59 pm

I'm not sure if he has ever addressed the topic, but he does seem like the kind of guy who would be satisfied with getting blamed for (credited with?) it. The spirit of the rant was certainly on-point, and it may well be a real quote; it's just that I take it with a grain of salt whenever seeing it referenced. Just another "one of those things" and I forgot to add the FWIW :partyhat
cptmarginal

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion