Dear Mods and coders

Moderators: Elvis, DrVolin, Jeff

Re: Dear Mods and coders

Postby Elvis » Wed Sep 06, 2017 9:20 pm

“The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists.” ― Joan Robinson
Elvis

Blog: View Blog (0)

Postby Grizzly » Thu Sep 07, 2017 1:46 am

Retort...
“The more we do to you, the less you seem to believe we are doing it.”

― Joseph mengele
Grizzly

Postby semper occultus » Thu Sep 07, 2017 12:19 pm

Total Luddite here - is Whatsapp secure or not ?
semper occultus

Postby minime » Thu Sep 07, 2017 3:24 pm

Wombaticus Rex » Wed Sep 06, 2017 7:45 pm wrote:If you have nothing to hide, you have nothing to fear -- and if you have nothing to hide in 2017, that means the contents of your skull are completely unobjectionable to anyone. A rare feat.

I used to have things to hide. When I was young and dumb. But not anymore. In fact, the statue of imitations has run out, taking my things to hide along with it. Now, the only thing I have left to hide is that I have nothing to hide; and I fear that I will be found out.

What do you have to be afraid of, Wombat? What are you hiding?

That the only viable solution for mankind is mass suicide, race-wide? That we need to stfu and do something, but you don't have a clue what it is, except that you hope the electorate will wise up before the 2020 elections? To what? To vote?

Or do you have something else in mind?

Entirely off the record, of course...
minime

Postby 82_28 » Thu Sep 07, 2017 5:01 pm

That was a paradoxical phrase, minime -- though Mr. Rex did leave room for the rare possibility that there exists one person in which no one could ever find a problem with. In other words an impossibility, the Internet is as it is and futile to completely change.
There is no me. There is no you. There is all. There is no you. There is no me. And that is all. A profound acceptance of an enormous pageantry. A haunting certainty that the unifying principle of this universe is love. -- Propagandhi
82_28

Postby minime » Thu Sep 07, 2017 5:16 pm

82_28 » Thu Sep 07, 2017 4:01 pm wrote:That was a paradoxical phrase, minime -- though Mr. Rex did leave room for the rare possibility that there exists one person in which no one could ever find a problem with. In other words an impossibility, the Internet is as it is and futile to completely change.

I am amused at how often you speak for others--the Wombat in particular.

So, your nick, is the 8 in 82 and 28 the same as 2 cubed?
minime

Postby 82_28 » Thu Sep 07, 2017 5:34 pm

Amused why? You read it just as I did. It was pretty simple to discern the meaning. I don't know how often I "speak for people" here but I guess I only do it when I do semi sorta (online) and for realz know them irl. 82_28 comes from a weird coincidence that was actually made more weird when justdrew pointed out the birthdate and date of death of PKD. There is nothing mathematic about it. Just more of a strange coincidence that I figured I'd use as a handle.
There is no me. There is no you. There is all. There is no you. There is no me. And that is all. A profound acceptance of an enormous pageantry. A haunting certainty that the unifying principle of this universe is love. -- Propagandhi
82_28

Postby minime » Thu Sep 07, 2017 5:40 pm

82_28 » Thu Sep 07, 2017 4:34 pm wrote:You read it just as I did.

Nope. Not only did it not happen that way, but it could not possibly happen that way.
minime

Postby Grizzly » Thu Sep 07, 2017 5:46 pm

Do nothing... Blah blah blah... Retort retort. Guniflect Guniflect.

― Joseph mengele
Grizzly

Postby Belligerent Savant » Thu Sep 07, 2017 8:12 pm

I believe the word you're looking for, fellow human, is *genuflect*. Not sure what 'retort' may mean in your context, unless it's a way to satirize the inevitable retorts to your retorts. In which case, well-played.

Otherwise, there is not much a given mod or coder can do for you, going back to the OP. It can be ugly out there at times.

But there's still plenty of beauty as well.

Eye of the Beholder.
Belligerent Savant

Postby Grizzly » Fri Sep 08, 2017 1:17 am

I often spell words wrong g on purpose to see if I'm shadow banned;if anyone replies there's chance I'm not... Paranoid? Fuck yeah.. Nuck Nuck Nuck...

Or is it a J. Joyce, stream of conscience sort of Thang. Any view, I be on line since it's conception and seems to me it's a hydra's head on the leavers side. Not the takers side...

Sorta cat & mouse "You close it we opened it', game... Binary good cop bad cop. Pirate seas and pirate's Bay you take it down three more form...

Introducing DTube: a decentralized video platform using STEEM and IPFS

But I guess it stops when mods and prepriters say, so... Coders too. As it's their backs we rode on...

― Joseph mengele
Grizzly

Postby Grizzly » Fri Sep 08, 2017 1:20 am

Grizzly » Fri Sep 08, 2017 1:17 am wrote:I often spell words wrong g on purpose to see if I'm shadow banned;if anyone replies there's chance I'm not... Paranoid? Fuck yeah.. Nuck Nuck Nuck...

Or is it a J. Joyce, stream of conscience sort of Thang. Any view, I be on line since it's conception and seems to me it's a hydra's head on the leavers side. Not the takers side...

Sorta cat & mouse "You close it we opened it', game... Binary good cop bad cop. Pirate seas and pirate's Bay you take it down three more form...

Introducing DTube: a decentralized video platform using STEEM and IPFS

But I guess it stops when mods and prepriters say, so... Coders too. As it's their backs we rode on...

Nah, prolly a combination of tiredness, old and blind stuck on my phone e more often than my desk... and 8th grade edumecation... lol

― Joseph mengele
Grizzly

Postby seemslikeadream » Fri Sep 08, 2017 1:38 pm

what is everyone worried about?

Equifax Faces Multibillion-Dollar Lawsuit Over Hack
Class action seeking to represent 143 million consumers alleges company didn’t spend enough on protecting data.
Mazars and Deutsche Bank could have ended this nightmare before it started.
They could still get him out of office.
But instead, they want mass death.
Don’t forget that.
seemslikeadream

Blog: View Blog (83)

Postby DrEvil » Fri Sep 08, 2017 6:42 pm

Grizzly » Thu Sep 07, 2017 11:46 pm wrote:Do nothing... Blah blah blah... Retort retort. Guniflect Guniflect.

There really isn't that much you can do, unless you want to go full paranoid with some homebrew OS on an airgapped machine where you only read websites you downloaded to a USB stick at the library three counties over, but that's not very convenient.

You can take some measures, like not logging in to Facebook or Google, and using various plugins and scripts to block the worst crap, but for some things some websites are almost unavoidable today. If you want to watch videos you go to Youtube or Vimeo, if you want to search the web you use Google or Bing (or Duckduckgo, which is probably your best bet for privacy and staying out of the content bubble), etc.

Or you could switch to the Chinese equivalents. You'll still be watched, but they're not going to share it with the US government, and who cares what the Chinese know about you.

You could also try lodging a complaint with Youtube about your videos. Who knows, you might get an explanation, or at least an automated reply from the GoogleMind.
"I only read American. I want my fantasy pure." - Dave
DrEvil

Postby minime » Fri Sep 08, 2017 6:54 pm

The things I'm doing I want them to know about.

What do you all have to hide anyway?
minime

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion