Man arrested for asking 'threatening' question's?

Moderators: Elvis, DrVolin, Jeff

Man arrested for asking 'threatening' question's?

Postby Grizzly » Thu Sep 14, 2017 4:25 pm

Man arrested for asking 'threatening' question at GOP senator's town hall.

Really? for asking a provocative question? Who the fuck do the servants think they are? Roman Senators???

http://thehill.com/homenews/senate/3493 ... -town-hall

Since there's no way to embed the link, even your lovely youtube wont let you watch it without going to it, so fuck trying to post it...

Fear Factor
The presidential press secretary, Ari Fleischer, condemned Bill Maher's irreverent comic response to 9/11 by reminding "all Americans that they need to watch what they say, watch what they do." Fear itself—the fear that "paralyzes needed efforts to convert retreat into advance," as FDR had it—was already being wielded as a weapon against Americans by their own government.

http://www.slate.com/articles/news_and_ ... actor.html
“The more we do to you, the less you seem to believe we are doing it.”

― Joseph mengele
Grizzly

Blog: View Blog (0)

Re: Man arrested for asking 'threatening' question's?

Postby mentalgongfu2 » Thu Sep 14, 2017 4:47 pm

Man arrested for asking 'threatening' question at GOP senator's town hall

Local police are reportedly planning to charge a man who attended Sen. Patrick Toomey’s (R-Pa.) town hall after he asked the senator a question that was perceived as “threatening.”

The exchange between Toomey and the man, reported by the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette, led Bethlehem, Pa., police to remove the man, who law enforcement said they would charge with disrupting a public meeting and disorderly conduct.

According to the Post-Gazette, Simon Radecki of Northampton County asked Toomey a question about a family member in an effort to talk about immigration.

“We’ve been here for a while. You probably haven’t seen the news. Can you confirm whether or not your daughter Bridget has been kidnapped?” Radecki asked the senator.

After several seconds, Radecki then said, “The reason I ask is because that’s the reality of families that suffer deportation.”

Tim Fallon, the CEO of PBS39, which aired last week’s town hall, described the exchange to the newspaper as “one of the scariest things that I have ever been a part of.”

The incident caused the American Civil Liberties Union of Pennsylvania to come to Radecki’s defense, however.

The group’s legal director said the ACLU would “love to talk” to Radecki should he require legal assistance.

“You aren’t going to show that intent, and the disruption stemmed not from his question but the response to it,” Vic Walczak, the legal director, told the Post-Gazette.

A spokesman for Toomey called the question “reprehensible.”

“Asking questions that are based upon kidnapping a child is not only reprehensible, but it is inherently threatening,” Steve Kelly told the newspaper.

I think few at RI would support arresting someone for simply asking a question, but I can definitely see how that question, and the way it was phrased, could be interpreted as a threat.
I think the kidnapping analogy falls flat; but agree or disagree, there are a million better ways to make a point about deportation.

Side note: The headline is a bit misleading, as it states the questioner has been arrested, but both the article and the video simply say that police "are planning to charge" him with disorderly conduct and disrupting.

Here's a more comprehensive story from the original source:

http://www.post-gazette.com/news/politics-state/2017/09/02/Man-who-disrupted-Toomey-town-hall-to-be-charged/stories/201709020061

The original story also notes:
The Bethlehem Police Department on Friday said it intends to charge Mr. Radecki with disorderly conduct and disrupting a public meeting. They said he will receive a summons in the mail on those charges but did not indicate whether he would face misdemeanor or summary counts.

Also, the video can't be embedded with "lovely youtube" because it isn't hosted on youtube.
"When I'm done ranting about elite power that rules the planet under a totalitarian government that uses the media in order to keep people stupid, my throat gets parched. That's why I drink Orange Drink!"
mentalgongfu2

Postby Grizzly » Thu Sep 14, 2017 5:05 pm

I'm "RI" and you don't speak for the whole board. As for your defence of Youtube, it cetainly is on there, but you can't watch it from here, you have to go to their site to watch it. You guys are either completely oblivious to the changes by Alphabet and it's other subsidiaries or your wilfully ignorant.

― Joseph mengele
Grizzly

Postby Wombaticus Rex » Thu Sep 14, 2017 6:06 pm

You can't embed it because they're using a proprietary player that doesn't let you embed it. It's not Youtube. It's not Alphabet. It's streaming mp4 from a server called newsinc.com

This isn't a blog, this isn't a website, this is a discussion forum. Image hosting is fleeting; text is not.
Wombaticus Rex

Postby Grizzly » Thu Sep 14, 2017 6:28 pm

Your splitting hairs Rex..

― Joseph mengele
Grizzly

Postby Iamwhomiam » Thu Sep 14, 2017 6:35 pm

http://informmediap-a.akamaihd.net/delivery/ca/08/ca088f77-b37c-4356-8a20-4baf3fa653f5/vid66e9a222-1fa0-4cc1-8123-6c5ecaef0c16Toomey_1572k.mp4?t=1504695300

That's the best you can do with proprietary players, Grizzly.

More likely The Hill chose this method to force traffic to their site.

Dude should have run his 'speech' past another before opening his mouth. Still - it was an effective way to tug at Toomey's heartstrings, just not quite the reaction he wanted, but more like Toomey wanting to leap on top of him and choke the very life out of him, kinda way.

And nobody's thinking a thing about the tragic impact DACA will have on the dreamers.
Iamwhomiam

Postby Wombaticus Rex » Thu Sep 14, 2017 7:38 pm

Grizzly » Thu Sep 14, 2017 4:05 pm wrote:[img]As for your defence of Youtube, it cetainly is on there, but you can't watch it from here, you have to go to their site to watch it.

Grizzly wrote:Your splitting hairs Rex..

:thumbsup

Not sure what you're even talking about at this point, but that's my willful ignorance at work again, I suppose.
Wombaticus Rex

Postby Cordelia » Thu Sep 14, 2017 8:20 pm

According to the Post-Gazette, Simon Radecki of Northampton County asked Toomey a question about a family member in an effort to talk about immigration.

“We’ve been here for a while. You probably haven’t seen the news. Can you confirm whether or not your daughter Bridget has been kidnapped?” Radecki asked the senator.

After several seconds, Radecki then said, “The reason I ask is because that’s the reality of families that suffer deportation.”

Getting personal w/a pol isn't ok imho, but alarming anybody about the safety of one of their children, and by name, is really not cool :wallhead:

No crime in being socially inept of course, but agree w/Iam; he should have run his 'question' by somebody else. Better still, by several people.
The greatest sin is to be unconscious. ~ Carl Jung

We may not choose the parameters of our destiny. But we give it its content. ~ Dag Hammarskjold 'Waymarks'
Cordelia

Postby DrEvil » Thu Sep 14, 2017 8:24 pm

Grizzly » Fri Sep 15, 2017 12:28 am wrote:Your splitting hairs Rex..

What part of "it's a proprietary video player so you can't embed it as a youtube video" don't you understand?
"I only read American. I want my fantasy pure." - Dave
DrEvil

Return to General Discussion