Mysterious Apocalyptic Message Interrupts Calif. Broadcasts

Moderators: Elvis, DrVolin, Jeff

Mysterious Apocalyptic Message Interrupts Calif. Broadcasts

Postby RocketMan » Sat Sep 23, 2017 5:24 am

https://gizmodo.com/mysterious-apocalyp ... 1818656201

Many Californians’ regularly scheduled broadcasts were interrupted Thursday morning with strange emergency messages warning of extraterrestrial invasions and the beginning of Armageddon. The bizarre warnings aired on TVs in the Orange County area, affecting Cox and Spectrum cable users, according to the Orange County Register.

One video of the broadcast uploaded to YouTube includes a terrified, breathless voice saying: “The space program made contact with... They are not what they claim to be. They have infiltrated a lot of, uh, a lot of aspects of military establishment, particularly Area 51. The disasters that are coming—the military—I’m sorry the government knows about them...”

Gizmodo found that the audio comes from a call that Art Bell, the host of the conspiracy theory-themed radio show Coast to Coast AM, received in 1997 from a man claiming to be a former Area 51 employee.

Other videos of the emergency broadcast feature a different voice warning that “extremely violent times will come.” Redditor smittenkitten77 discovered the audio came from the Christian radio program Insight for Living with Chuck Swindoll.

It’s still unclear whether the messages were broadcast intentionally or by accident, but broadcast signal intrusions by pranksters aren’t unheard of, even in the digital era. Most famously, still-unidentified hackers hijacked TV signals in the Chicago area in 1987, broadcasting footage of a person wearing a Max Headroom mask and a man’s bare buttocks being spanked with a flyswatter.
-I don't like hoodlums.
-That's just a word, Marlowe. We have that kind of world. Two wars gave it to us and we are going to keep it.
RocketMan

Blog: View Blog (0)

Re: Mysterious Apocalyptic Message Interrupts Calif. Broadca

Postby Cordelia » Sat Sep 23, 2017 7:36 am

Most famously, still-unidentified hackers hijacked TV signals in the Chicago area in 1987, broadcasting footage of a person wearing a Max Headroom mask and a man’s bare buttocks being spanked with a flyswatter.

:thumbsup I vaguely remember that.

Many viewers reported being alarmed and confused by yesterday’s broadcast—though we assume some were relieved at the possibility that the end times were imminent.

This featured earlier this week in WaPo headline:

The world as we know it is about to end — again — if you believe this biblical doomsday claim

A few years ago, NASA senior space scientist David Morrison debunked an apocalyptic claim as a hoax.

No, there’s no such thing as a planet called Nibiru, he said. No, it’s not a brown dwarf surrounded by planets, as iterations of the claim suggest. No, it’s not on a collision course toward Earth. And yes, people should “get over it.”

But the claim has been getting renewed attention recently. Added to it is the precise date of the astronomical event leading to Earth’s destruction. And that, according to David Meade, is in six days — Sept. 23, 2017. Unsealed, an evangelical Christian publication, foretells the Rapture in a viral, four-minute YouTube video, complete with special effects and ominous doomsday soundtrack. It’s called “September 23, 2017: You Need to See This.”

Why Sept. 23, 2017?

Meade’s prediction is based largely on verses and numerical codes in the Bible. He has homed in one number: 33.

Continued........

I guess this is it then. ..... :shrug:
The greatest sin is to be unconscious. ~ Carl Jung

We may not choose the parameters of our destiny. But we give it its content. ~ Dag Hammarskjold 'Waymarks'
Cordelia

Postby DrEvil » Sat Sep 23, 2017 6:32 pm

I've been too caught up in Divinity: Original Sin 2 to notice that the world ended. How was it?
"I only read American. I want my fantasy pure." - Dave
DrEvil

Postby Cordelia » Sat Sep 23, 2017 8:13 pm

It's not over yet; still waiting another 4-10+ hours to go here but just heard a police siren go by so maybe soon ............

We may not choose the parameters of our destiny. But we give it its content. ~ Dag Hammarskjold 'Waymarks'
Cordelia

Postby Grizzly » Sun Sep 24, 2017 12:01 am

How'd it work out? Everyone got their Cipero and iodine ready?!?!
“The more we do to you, the less you seem to believe we are doing it.”

― Joseph mengele
Grizzly

Postby Cordelia » Sun Sep 24, 2017 10:23 am

Whew. Glad yesterday's finally over.

I just love EAS signals—so comforting. The ‘EAS Experience’ w/a more realistic sounding announcer:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BxADDxPykyo

(If anybody wants to stock-pile antibiotics w/o a prescription :wink: )

Cordelia

Postby Grizzly » Sun Sep 24, 2017 6:46 pm

^^^^

That was creepy... Made several of my friends look my way. when it was played.
“The more we do to you, the less you seem to believe we are doing it.”

― Joseph mengele
Grizzly

Apocalyptic Message Interrupts Hawaii Broadcasts

Postby Cordelia » Sat Jan 13, 2018 5:16 pm

Cordelia

Postby nashvillebrook » Sat Jan 13, 2018 5:35 pm

Actually came to RI today wondering what anyone thinks about the Hawaii false-alarm. My husband put the TV on (god, i hate panic TV), and I’m just not buying the “pushed the wrong” narrative. It just seems a convenient exercise in ratcheting up hysteria in the Pacific US vis-a-vis NK.

Otoh, maybe it’ll help us resist Trump’s tilting toward nuclear war.
nashvillebrook

Postby Burnt Hill » Sat Jan 13, 2018 6:36 pm

nashvillebrook wrote:Otoh, maybe it’ll help us resist Trump’s tilting toward nuclear war.

I would like to think so too, but...
Whether we believe that a dark hand pushed the "wrong button" or not, this will be used by Trump to serve his needs.
And he needs a major distraction soon.
Burnt Hill

Postby NaturalMystik » Sat Jan 13, 2018 7:59 pm

nashvillebrook » Sat Jan 13, 2018 4:35 pm wrote:Actually came to RI today wondering what anyone thinks about the Hawaii false-alarm. My husband put the TV on (god, i hate panic TV), and I’m just not buying the “pushed the wrong” narrative. It just seems a convenient exercise in ratcheting up hysteria in the Pacific US vis-a-vis NK.

Otoh, maybe it’ll help us resist Trump’s tilting toward nuclear war.

Agreed... I think whether folks had considered a nuclear threat or not, it's now in the back of their minds...

DrEvil wrote:I've been too caught up in Divinity: Original Sin 2 to notice that the world ended. How was it?

Just got into Divinity 2, a great way to while away the apocalypse...
Do not attempt to adjust the picture. We are controlling the transmission.
NaturalMystik

Postby seemslikeadream » Sat Jan 13, 2018 9:50 pm

excuse me I won't "make" this about the president of the Untied States

“We just sat there silently praying, hugging and kissing our kids,” said Mr. Barstis, 42, the general manager of a construction company. “Somebody needs to be held accountable for this.”
Last edited by seemslikeadream on Sun Jan 14, 2018 10:04 am, edited 2 times in total.
Mazars and Deutsche Bank could have ended this nightmare before it started.
They could still get him out of office.
But instead, they want mass death.
Don’t forget that.
seemslikeadream

Blog: View Blog (83)

Postby mentalgongfu2 » Sun Jan 14, 2018 6:58 am

Please don't make this about Trump's incompetence and/or dangerousness. It's relevant, sure, but there's more here.

"Pushed the wrong button" during a shift change is at best a horribly simplifying metaphor for a glaring weakness in the emergency alert system. And at worst, well, i'm not sure what qualifies as worst-case, but it feels like a bad omen to me.

My band was traveling and playing a gig all night, so I missed the real-time drama. Reading about it in hindsight at 5 AM is scary enough.
"When I'm done ranting about elite power that rules the planet under a totalitarian government that uses the media in order to keep people stupid, my throat gets parched. That's why I drink Orange Drink!"
mentalgongfu2

Postby Cordelia » Sun Jan 14, 2018 8:50 am

The recently re-implemented air raid siren alert system in Hawaii wasn't activated

Cautious Hawaii prepares for a nuclear attack

Casey Tolan The Mercury News

December 16, 2017

HONOLULU For the first time in more than three decades, an ominous warning siren blared across Hawaii this month an alarm that one day could mean a nuclear missile is about to hit.

The siren, a Cold War relic brought back after new threats from North Korea, is the centerpiece of a wide-ranging campaign to prepare for a nuclear strike. Over the past few months, state officials have aired TV ads warning Hawaiians to "get inside, stay inside" if an attack is imminent. They've also held meetings across the islands to educate residents on the danger.

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/nati ... story.html

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q-dF6xvkr50

Cordelia

Postby seemslikeadream » Sun Jan 14, 2018 10:27 am

in 15 minutes reporters were able to find out that this was a mistake

where was the U.S. military for that 38 minutes?
Mazars and Deutsche Bank could have ended this nightmare before it started.
They could still get him out of office.
But instead, they want mass death.
Don’t forget that.
seemslikeadream

Blog: View Blog (83)

Next

Return to General Discussion