Mass shooting in Las Vegas, 2/10/2017

Moderators: Elvis, DrVolin, Jeff

Re: Mass shooting in Las Vegas, 2/10/2017

Postby MacCruiskeen » Sat Oct 21, 2017 8:11 pm

JackRiddler » Sat Oct 21, 2017 6:12 pm wrote:
PufPuf93 » Sat Oct 21, 2017 5:44 pm wrote:

Have we ever been told if Paddock spent time in the military?

Not officially but it was revealed early that he worked for the notorious terrorist organization Lockheed Martin.

A terrorist organization that makes its billions precisely by enabling the elimination of Designated Culprits from a safe distance.
"Ich kann gar nicht so viel fressen, wie ich kotzen möchte." - Max Liebermann,, Berlin, 1933

"Science is the belief in the ignorance of experts." - Richard Feynman, NYC, 1966

TESTDEMIC ➝ "CASE"DEMIC
MacCruiskeen

Blog: View Blog (0)

Postby Elvis » Sat Oct 21, 2017 9:51 pm

FWIW, Paddock did *apparently* have a prescription for Valium, which is typically prescribed for panic attacks. If you've ever seen someone experiencing a full-blown panic attack, it's scary, especially if you know the person well.

I must keep in mind the San Bernadino mass shooting, right after which a number of false impressions/fake facts were introduced into the news reporting by anonymous sources and police tips. When these lies (and they can't really be anything other) were proved, and removed from the evidence picture, there's nothing to suggest the Farooks would ever do such a thing. The one remaining anomaly is Farook's friend Enrique Marquez Jr., who claims the two of them planned attacks that were never carried out. Marquez just pleaded guilty earlier this year.

So, these little hints at Paddock's misanthropy, true or not, could be deliberately introduced by interested parties, to quickly close the case in the public mind.
“The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists.” ― Joan Robinson
Elvis

Postby PufPuf93 » Sat Oct 21, 2017 10:03 pm

Elvis » Sat Oct 21, 2017 6:51 pm wrote:FWIW, Paddock did *apparently* have a prescription for Valium, which is typically prescribed for panic attacks. If you've ever seen someone experiencing a full-blown panic attack, it's scary, especially if you know the person well.

I must keep in mind the San Bernadino mass shooting, right after which a number of false impressions/fake facts were introduced into the news reporting by anonymous sources and police tips. When these lies (and they can't really be anything other) were proved, and removed from the evidence picture, there's nothing to suggest the Farooks would ever do such a thing. The one remaining anomaly is Farook's friend Enrique Marquez Jr., who claims the two of them planned attacks that were never carried out. Marquez just pleaded guilty earlier this year.

So, these little hints at Paddock's misanthropy, true or not, could be deliberately introduced by interested parties, to quickly close the case in the public mind.

Alternatively a benzo (valium class of drug) can allow one to be stone cold unfeeling in a stressful situation. Intravenous lorazepam is often given prior to the general anesthesia for surgery. Helps one just not give a care.

Highly addictive too but nothing to indicate that Paddock had a habit.
PufPuf93

Postby Elvis » Sun Oct 22, 2017 12:10 am

PufPuf93 wrote: a benzo (valium class of drug) can allow one to be stone cold unfeeling in a stressful situation. Intravenous lorazepam is often given prior to the general anesthesia for surgery. Helps one just not give a care.

Yes, my one experience with those drugs was when my eyeball was being sliced open. I could not have cared less. I chatted with the surgeon about his camera collection.

My thought was that Paddock may have taken the benzo drug for occasional PTSD symptoms, to maybe include panic attacks. On the other hand, maybe they were just for occasional mild anxiety. The prescription, if real, is just a data point for the record, something to keep in mind.
“The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists.” ― Joan Robinson
Elvis

Postby PufPuf93 » Sun Oct 22, 2017 1:10 am

Elvis » Sat Oct 21, 2017 9:10 pm wrote:
PufPuf93 wrote: a benzo (valium class of drug) can allow one to be stone cold unfeeling in a stressful situation. Intravenous lorazepam is often given prior to the general anesthesia for surgery. Helps one just not give a care.

Yes, my one experience with those drugs was when my eyeball was being sliced open. I could not have cared less. I chatted with the surgeon about his camera collection.

My thought was that Paddock may have taken the benzo drug for occasional PTSD symptoms, to maybe include panic attacks. On the other hand, maybe they were just for occasional mild anxiety. The prescription, if real, is just a data point for the record, something to keep in mind.

IIRC Paddock was known to have one Rx for 50 valium in June, not enough for an addiction (if that was only source) nor that regular use.

Suppose the valium was not for PSTD but to stay calm and collected and get sleep as he transported his arsenal and prepared for his aggression.

Paddock could pop a valium or two so as to stay calm and collected just prior to murdering 59 people plus I bet it is easier to deposit a slug in one's head on a valium or three.
PufPuf93

Postby Rory » Sun Oct 22, 2017 2:08 am

Anyway - edited
Last edited by Rory on Sun Oct 22, 2017 4:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
Rory

Postby Rory » Sun Oct 22, 2017 2:21 am

Edited
Last edited by Rory on Sun Oct 22, 2017 4:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
Rory

Postby Spook » Sun Oct 22, 2017 4:04 am

Sorry, but I don’t buy the Valium excuse for the crime. Valium is a muscle relaxant. Not really what you want to be on before going on a killing spree and switching between an arsenal of weapons.

I could understand the reasoning that one Valium could help with nerves when preparing and staying calm in the days before (if he even was responsible).

I had cause to take a couple of valiums once and was pretty groggy and slept long and well.

Definitely NOT something I would be taking before going on a rampage.

In short, I see his possible possession of Valium as more of a marker as to his current mental state, than a crutch with which to muster the courage to murder almost 60 people.
Spook

Postby Spook » Sun Oct 22, 2017 4:07 am

And I still can’t work out what was up with the other room with the broken window? You know, the one the Aussie was allegedly staying in at the time of the shooting.....
Spook

Postby Elvis » Sun Oct 22, 2017 5:35 am

PufPuf93 » Sat Oct 21, 2017 10:10 pm wrote:
Elvis » Sat Oct 21, 2017 9:10 pm wrote:

IIRC Paddock was known to have one Rx for 50 valium in June, not enough for an addiction (if that was only source) nor that regular use.

Suppose the valium was not for PSTD but to stay calm and collected and get sleep as he transported his arsenal and prepared for his aggression.

Paddock could pop a valium or two so as to stay calm and collected just prior to murdering 59 people plus I bet it is easier to deposit a slug in one's head on a valium or three.

Very good points, PufPuf, and Spook—thanks.

Spook wrote:Sorry, but I don’t buy the Valium excuse for the crime. Valium is a muscle relaxant. Not really what you want to be on before going on a killing spree and switching between an arsenal of weapons.

I could understand the reasoning that one Valium could help with nerves when preparing and staying calm in the days before (if he even was responsible).

I had cause to take a couple of valiums once and was pretty groggy and slept long and well.

In short, I see his possible possession of Valium as more of a marker as to his current mental state, than a crutch with which to muster the courage to murder almost 60 people.
Elvis

Postby Burnt Hill » Sun Oct 22, 2017 9:02 am

So, typically with Valium (Diazepam) , 60 tablets would be a months supply, to be taken twice a day. Diazepam is not prescribed as much now, as the newer Benzos are better.
These two things suggests long term use - but do we know the dosage?
That matters - as the higher the dosage - the longer he has been on it, you build up tolerance.
That he had a scrip bottle from June suggests he was self - medicating - not following the suggested Dr's order, and just taking it when he wanted.

What does all this mean? Like Elvis said - "(it) is just a data point for the record, something to keep in mind".

But having used it to help stay calm during this stressful event cannot be ruled out.

Do I need a disclaimer every post saying I don't know that Paddock even did this?
Burnt Hill

Postby Iamwhomiam » Sun Oct 22, 2017 4:35 pm

PufPuf93 » Sat Oct 21, 2017 6:44 pm wrote:
0_0 » Sat Oct 21, 2017 10:04 am wrote:Yes we assume he murdered a lot of people, but his motive for doing so is currently a mystery. Shooters like that usually have a history of mental illness and/or have alleged ties to terrorist organisations. Saying, well he avoided controlled areas when flying and he liked asian women, doesn't do much in the way of explaining that mystery away imo. And that's just one of the many mysteries in all of this. We'll never know anyway. Seems like showing dominance over the people and letting them know in their gut what's up by the mysteries while denying it on the surface with the official 'normal' narrative.

Have we ever been told if Paddock spent time in the military?

He (Paddock) has no military background or anything like that,” the brother said.
https://www.nytimes.com/2017/10/02/us/stephen-paddock-vegas-shooter.html

Thanks for posting the NY Times video compilation, Heavenly Swan!
Iamwhomiam

Postby Freitag » Sun Oct 22, 2017 4:39 pm

Burnt Hill » Sun Oct 22, 2017 2:02 am wrote:Diazepam is not prescribed as much now, as the newer Benzos are better.

Years ago, when I took benzos I preferred long-lasting ones like Diazepam or Clonazepam to short-acting ones like Xanax. The long-lasting ones are less addicting (but highly addicting nonetheless). They let you down gently, Xanax dumps you off a cliff. Indeed, the first step to wean yourself off benzos is to switch from a short-acting one to long-acting one, and only then gradually reduce the dose.

But more relevant to this thread: Benzos can definitely make you unreasonably angry and violent. Most drugs, benzos included, can induce effects opposite to those intended. So antidepressants can make you the opposite of happy (suicidal/homicidal), and benzos can make you the opposite of calm (nervous/jittery, or even angry/violent). This is especially true during withdrawal, but it can also happen while taking the drug. Fun story (not), years ago in a moment of clarity I quit R.I. and had my original account (Monster) closed because I said something rude and out of character to someone on this board while I was withdrawing from benzos. The withdrawal was making me crazy, and I had a super low frustration tolerance.

That being said, my guess is Paddock obtained the pills to help him sleep and keep calm during the massacre.
Freitag

Postby Iamwhomiam » Sun Oct 22, 2017 4:59 pm

Spook » Sun Oct 22, 2017 4:04 am wrote:Sorry, but I don’t buy the Valium excuse for the crime. Valium is a muscle relaxant. Not really what you want to be on before going on a killing spree and switching between an arsenal of weapons.

The body reacts much differently when accustomed to taking a muscle relaxant that it does after taking an initial dosage. Had you been using the drug regularly, you would not have been so whacked out & whooped.

Another thought about Paddock, if he was the sole perpetrator: Perhaps he was numb to normal human feelings and emotions and wanted desperately to "feel" something and so decided to commit the dastardly deed in a last resort to see if he could finally feel "something" by committing mass murder. When he didn't feel any differently after the deed, he committed suicide.

I'd rather go with the more credible, 'it was a protest against the government's intrusive overreach and its targeted persecution of the Bundy's'.
Iamwhomiam

Postby PufPuf93 » Sun Oct 22, 2017 5:07 pm

Freitag » Sun Oct 22, 2017 1:39 pm wrote:
That being said, my guess is Paddock obtained the pills to help him sleep and keep calm during the massacre.

That is what I was hinting at as a possibility but not a certainty. Benzos are precisely the type of drug for that end.

What you said about the adverse effects of benzos, especially coming off the easily addictive substance, can be gnarly, periodic, and extended.

No sleep, agitation, and irritation.
PufPuf93

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion