Mass shooting in Las Vegas, 2/10/2017

Moderators: Elvis, DrVolin, Jeff

Re: Mass shooting in Las Vegas, 2/10/2017

Postby Freitag » Thu Oct 05, 2017 1:13 am

stickdog99 » Wed Oct 04, 2017 5:32 pm wrote:Note that rich 64-year-olds don't generally become active shooters for no reason. I can't think of any other case of this that I have ever heard of.

Charles Whitman had a brain tumor which may have been a factor in his mass murder. Otherwise, who knows? Mind control? Ever since we had that rash of TV personalities (including Judge Judy IIRC) talk gibberish on live TV, and especially now after these mysterious attacks on U.S. diplomats in Cuba, I just wonder if there isn't some technology that can be beamed at someone to make them crack up.
Freitag

Blog: View Blog (0)

Postby stickdog99 » Thu Oct 05, 2017 1:30 am

A timeline of Paddock’s shooting spree, which killed 58 people and injured 489 others, was presented to the press and the “appearance of an undue delay” was explained.

Sheriff Joseph Lombardo of Clark County said the first shot was fired at 10.05pm local time and a SWAT team blew into Paddock’s room at 11.20pm.

That’s despite the first officers reaching level 31, just beneath Paddock, at 10.12pm — just seven minutes after the mayhem began.

Sheriff Lombardo said a hotel security guard was shot when the killer fired through his hotel door.

When officers reached the hallway outside the room, they spotted a surveillance camera in place on a room service trolley outside Paddock’s door.

They could also see inside through the bullet damage and spotted a high-powered firearm and “pulled back and waited for the approach of a full SWAT team”, Sheriff Lombardo said.

In other words, they needed to plant the bullshit "security camera" so they could ex[lain why their pusillanimous asses stood down for 70 minutes to let whoever did this finish their operation of shooting random people and fingering Paddock before safely getting away.

He also said further analysis of Paddock’s car, which was in the garage of the Mandalay Bay Hotel, unveiled some 1600 rounds of ammunition and additional bomb-making material.

How in the name of fuck did this discovery require "further analysis"? Were the fertilizer and ammunition rounds fashioned into a convincing fake engine block or something?

The new information comes as questions were being asked about whether the shooter was really alone in his hotel suite as originally thought.

A receipt for room service has emerged showing a hefty food order and a note indicating there were two guests inside.

The potential clue was uploaded to Facebook by a man named Tony Hernandez Armenta but later deleted. It indicates two guests ordered an assortment of items including a burger, bagel, soups and soft drink.

Thank God the police have Facebook to help them or otherwise they may never thought of checking Paddock's hotel charges!
stickdog99

Postby Project Willow » Thu Oct 05, 2017 1:46 am

Maybe I'm not as sharp as I used to be, but these two videos, one by an ex-military firearm expert, and one accidentally recorded that documents people being shot before any sound of gunfire, are evidence of multiple shooters. There are lots of comments by veterans who are not buying the lone nut scenario.

Sound Pitch and Rate of Fire between the automatic fire (1:11 through 1:21) is totally different than (11:06 through 11:26), if you are unable to discern the difference then we cannot help you.

At the (13:11 though 12:32) - Best guess is the burst fire is coming from a suppressed M4 running subsonic ammunition, fired from a position of cover and concealment very close as subsonic rounds are unstable. Something like this: https://youtu.be/wc0EQ4quVQQ

In the comments being held for idiocy, ignorance, or general trolling behavior, there seems to be significant confusion (Paid Troll / Shill or Genuine Ignoramus) on the acoustics; specifically the echo and also behavior of supersonic vs subsonic, and sounds associated with the sound barrier.

Here is a simple video which explains the acoustic difference between suppressed subsonic and suppressed supersonic fire: https://youtu.be/Icrm9m9bRpY

The key to understanding this issue:

1. Understand the Cyclical Rate Variation between weapon systems - the "Acoustic Signature"
2. Understand the Change in Sound specific to the "Origin of Fire"
3. Recognize and Identify Changes in "Rates of Fire" or "Cyclic Rates"
4. Recognize and Identify Changes in the Sounds directly resulting from different firing locations. Here is another example video, again, of two different firing locations, if you are unable to determine for yourself the fact there are two separate locations, then we cannot help you...https://youtu.be/fEf7HObspB0
5. Two different Cyclic Rates taking place concurrently is conclusive evidence of multiple shooters, multiple weapon systems, from multiple locations. You will hear the evidence for this At the (13:11 though 12:32) of this video.
6. The idea of a "Bump Fire" or "Gatling Device" on a modified AR-15 is a joke (As stated Earlier) - It is possible this could have been used as "Acoustical Cover" for the precision bursts of one or more suppressed weapon systems firing subsonic ammunition from a very close position. (As Stated Below) In the below Interview, Mike Cronk provides the statement that his "buddy" was shot 3x in the chest. This type of wound pattern is entirely inconsistent with a "bump fire" slide on an AR-15 from 518M Distance (Meaning Impossible)...and is entirely consistent with the suppressed controlled bursts at shorter range identified in this video. https://youtu.be/6jvITJEm_jw
7. Echo is just that...an echo...an echo will not introduce concurrent conflicting cyclic rates of fire...sorry, but no. Two separated firing positions are easily discernible from an echo...if you cannot discern between the two, then again, we cannot help you...
8. There are active trolls pushing false explanations, trying hard to muddy the water, so beware. Use common sense.
9. Download this and other videos, share links, then repeat the process.
10. We desperately need first hand testimony of the entry and exit wounds of the dead and wounded (Impact Groupings, Bullet Spread, Caliber, etc..) from First Responders, EMT, Police Officers on the Scene, Fire Fighters, ER Nurse, ER PAs, ER MDs, etc...from those who personally treated the dead and / or wounded. If you are out there please provide your detailed testimony ASAP. (there is no reason for this to be withheld or classified information). - Share with anyone who can provide first hand detailed testimony specific to the entry and exit wound patterns.

Concert goer with camera recording in his pocket, people are ducking and screaming during the second to last song played.

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=10213130125640429&id=1613063982
Project Willow

Blog: View Blog (1)

Postby SonicG » Thu Oct 05, 2017 2:10 am

You would think, if using a patsy, a young muslim would be the go to, as Paddock is making people all over the political spectrum ask questions about what really went down. How could the gf not know about the guns, the explosives...One odd thing I have seen reported at least twice is this multimillionaire baller said, "I found you a cheap ticket to the philippines..." Maybe just a turn of phrase but combined with trying to sue for a measly 100,000....Also, he supposedly used algorithms to beat video poker and slots...is that feasible??
"a poiminint tidal wave in a notion of dynamite"
SonicG

Postby Iamwhomiam » Thu Oct 05, 2017 2:45 am

MacCruiskeen » Wed Oct 04, 2017 3:27 pm wrote:
Iamwhomiam » Wed Oct 04, 2017 2:17 pm wrote:The floor plan is accurate, regardless elfis' link.

Very well planned.

Que Bono?

The five star joint Luna's amigo worked at, Mandalay Bay's competitor?

Gun stocks are soaring.

Or is this not the right time to discuss profiteering from mass murder?

As a response to the information just posted, that is simply shameless. You know perfectly well that the floorplan was never the point at issue, you say not one single goddam word about the fact that the Dead Designated Culprit's wife was libelled by Newsweek without apology (a libel that you explicitly said you were "glad to see" [sic]), and the rest of your post is just blather and padding.

No wonder the US corporate media have such an easy time of it. They know that all they have to do is throw meat to the slavering crowd.

MacCruiskeen » Wed Oct 04, 2017 4:12 pm wrote:
Iamwhomiam » Wed Oct 04, 2017 3:02 pm wrote:
Mac, your opinions hold little of value to me.

It's not my opinion that Newsweek libelled her and then retracted the libel without apology; it is a demonstrable fact. Jaysus, you are even more shameless than those hacks are. They at least admitted it! All you have ever done is ignore it, like now, because it hurts your vanity to admit a mistake.

Facts are of no value to you, that's your problem. And god knows you have form on this, especially when it comes to Dead Designated Culprits (and their molls). You just love to swallow that meat.

This is how seriously you take the whole issue:

Iamwhomiam » Wed Oct 04, 2017 1:44 pm wrote:...
But the wife may be an agent of, yes, MILF. The Moro Islamic Liberation Front. Which means we'll soon be hearing news of her "turning" him to become sympathetic to the Muslim cause.

Ho ho ho. She is nothing but grist to your mill.

You're such an ass, Mac. I didn't read the Newsweek article elfis posted and wasn't commenting on it at all in mentioning I had read she had been married to two men at the same time. Just two factoids that hadn't been mentioned when I signed off but were during my absence. I don't read Newsweek so I read it from another source. Someone mentioned she might have been married to two men and I mentioned only that I too had read that. As Rex mentioned, much is being posted elsewhere, so I was glad to see these points were raised here.

You presume too much, Mac. You libel and castigate me for not condemning Newsweek's libeling of her? I'd say your thinking on this is more than a bit fucked up.

You asked for the floor plan, which was easily located by any who searched for it. It is an accurate rendition of the floor plan layout. The doorway between the adjoining two rooms allowed quick passage from one room to the other, something someone asked about, so that why its accuracy was important.

That I posed a possibility that she was a radicalized Muslim Philippine revolutionary who "turned" her husband to her sympathies was a line I could imagine being tossed to the public by tptb as establishing motive for the shooting while promoting the anti-Muslim meme: Hate our avowed Muslim "enemies."

60 dead and more than 500 injured and of all people, you think this is a game to me?

I have no idea about anything to do with this shooting, whether he was a dead patsy or just a pissed of guy. Seems more like a sting to me, but the mass murder doesn't add up unless it was ISIS doing the buy and after killing Paddock, went on a killing spree.

I ask 'who benefits' as a most serious question. Just like after Sandy Hook, gun sales are soaring. Anyone else see any others profiting from this horror?

I've got a few pages to read to catch up. And while it is general procedure to light the area for ease in exiting, I'm still pissed off that they so brightly lit the audience after first sensibly blacking out the stage. It probably wouldn't have mattered all that much one way or the other, actually.
Iamwhomiam

Postby Elvis » Thu Oct 05, 2017 3:35 am

Brentos » Wed Oct 04, 2017 5:14 pm wrote:Initial eyewitness/victim report that completely contradicts the lone gunman narrative.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rArn0pk1H7Q

Reminds me of the Scalise shooting, that I saw live where initial reports (more than 1 shooter) varied widely from the final narrative.

Very interesting, Brentos, thanks for that.

Bummer how the interview is cut off, I'd like to hear more from that couple. The girl insists on multiple shooters on the ground, but of course she might have just heard echos and formed the wrong impression.

I am intrigued by the report—where did I see it?—that someone saw multiple shooters in security guard uniforms.

A general note about the audio recorded on most handheld devices—they have a built-in automatic gain control ("AGC") that compresses and "evens out" the audio recording levels. A very loud transient sound can be almost completely cut off as the overall recording level is automatically reduced, then it rises back to normal when the signal is again normal. This is to make shooting videos with sound easy/no-fuss for the average consumer. Hope that makes sense. It's a problem with recording music on an AGC-equipped device, it screws with the "dynamics."

The point is, gunshot sounds especially can really get distorted and attenuated when recorded with a typical home video camera or other AGC-limited device.
“The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists.” ― Joan Robinson
Elvis

Postby Elvis » Thu Oct 05, 2017 3:43 am

Paddock apparently had recently started taking diazepam.

According to the Las Vegas Review-Journal, Paddock was prescribed 50, 10-milligram diazepam tablets, and was instructed to take one pill daily, although it is not clear if he had been taking them regularly.

This alone might explain "motive." I wonder if he was taking other drugs as well?
“The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists.” ― Joan Robinson
Elvis

Postby stickdog99 » Thu Oct 05, 2017 4:35 am

Why did the Vegas police wait 68 minutes after their first officers arrived on the scene to respond to this incident?

I mean, am I the only one here who thinks this is completely bizarre, completely chickenshit, or both?

"OK, so the shooting has stopped for well over 15 minutes now. Is it finally OK to send n the SWAT team?"
stickdog99

Postby stickdog99 » Thu Oct 05, 2017 4:51 am

Elvis » 05 Oct 2017 07:43 wrote:Paddock apparently had recently started taking diazepam.

According to the Las Vegas Review-Journal, Paddock was prescribed 50, 10-milligram diazepam tablets, and was instructed to take one pill daily, although it is not clear if he had been taking them regularly.

This alone might explain "motive." I wonder if he was taking other drugs as well?

stickdog99

Postby PufPuf93 » Thu Oct 05, 2017 5:06 am

Elvis » Thu Oct 05, 2017 12:43 am wrote:Paddock apparently had recently started taking diazepam.

Diazepam (Valium) is a benzo and very addictive and very mood modifying. The Rx was allegedly written for Paddock in June 2017 so that is not the huge amount to get strung out if that was his only Rx and source.

Coming cold turkey off a benzo habit can be life threatening and one can be miserable in essentially forgetting how to sleep and highly agitated if the drugs are withheld.

Conversely under the "positive" impact, one is sedated with lowered inhibitions so something one is normally inhibited about doing becomes o big deal, the benzo being a tool to stay calm during stress. Nasty drugs to be used with caution are benzos.
PufPuf93

Postby stickdog99 » Thu Oct 05, 2017 5:49 am

stickdog99

Postby 8bitagent » Thu Oct 05, 2017 6:05 am

Again, to me two plausible scenarios from a non RI and "RI" perspective

1) For whatever sick strange reason, the Vegas massacre was Paddock's ultimate retirement "bucket list". No political, ideological, "radicalized" agenda. Just "well ive done pretty well with myself over the years. Ive secured my mom, brother, family and girlfriend and her family's financial security...ive flown planes, done all this stuff...but becoming the most famous mass murderer in modern US history is my #1 bucket list". Again what Paddock may have been thinking.

2) If it IS a new Gladio/psyops by hidden powers, it's for something weird and new. A new lane. Not ISIS/al qaeda/nazis/etc

However, re-reading the Lash thread definitely links to Paddock in a few similarities. Heck people already forget Michael Hastings and Ronni Chasens mysterious deaths in Hollywood
http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/featur ... led-947580 Like the insanely disturbing woo-filled 2013 death of Elisa Lam in Hollywood,
LA holds a dark weirdness, and a lot of those cases dont have much on the surface to do with "evil Muslims" or commies or CIA spooks or nazis.

Tho, why the hell does FLORIDA always play into this stuff? OJ Simpson wanted to move to Florida upon his release, but instead he went to Vegas a few hours before the Vegas shooting. And Paddock lived in Florida, as does some of his family now. Many of the 9/11 hijackers were in florida right before the attack. The Boston bombers had ties to Florida. Im just saying, I know Hopsicker maintains Florida is spook central, but Florida seems also
synchromystic central. And of course Florida just experienced the last big news cycle of horror(IRMA)
"Do you know who I am? I am the arm, and I sound like this..."-man from another place, twin peaks fire walk with me
8bitagent

Postby 8bitagent » Thu Oct 05, 2017 6:19 am

Its been ten years now since I first posted on here. I remember being fascinated by the John Titor time travel stuff, Duncan/Blake, 9/11, etc threads on here.

But I was thinking.....if my 2017 future self time traveled to post on 2007 RI that "in exactly a decade, schmaltzy 80s celeb turned 2000s reality star Donald Trump is president a decade from now as Vegas strip endures the most massive US mass shooting in history just hours after OJ Simpson was released miles away and President Trump and North Korea are threatening nuclear war on top of that"(as well as Spain breaking apart, Venezuela completely collapsing, Syria completely destroyed in a mass war, etc) Im not sure what all of us circa 2007 would make of it. Also Bowie, Petty, Prince, Cohen, etc are all dead. And of course, in a year or so what Im describing will seem totally boring and normal compared to whatever unthinkably shocking and bizarre horror show zeitgeist we will be living in before 2025.
"Do you know who I am? I am the arm, and I sound like this..."-man from another place, twin peaks fire walk with me
8bitagent

Postby stefano » Thu Oct 05, 2017 7:00 am

Brentos » Thu Oct 05, 2017 2:14 am wrote:Initial eyewitness/victim report that completely contradicts the lone gunman narrative.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rArn0pk1H7Q

"And, Taylor, just to show people what you went through: you lost your shoe." *Reporter points, camera pans to his sock*
stefano

Postby stefano » Thu Oct 05, 2017 7:30 am

Thanks all. Yeah the cameras are strange. Also the 23 firearms, I mean what can you do with 23 that you can't do with, like, three? I want to make time to watch the brother's interview later.

A lot of weirdness but I'm also tending to think it was Paddock. Some counters to specifics:

stickdog99 wrote:Why did the Vegas police wait 68 minutes after their first officers arrived on the scene to respond to this incident?

Don't they have standing orders to wait for SWAT if one of them might get shot? Or, if they don't, wouldn't you expect the officer to make that call rather than get shot anyway?

'A receipt for room service has emerged showing a hefty food order and a note indicating there were two guests inside.' Yeah, from three days before the massacre (the detail isn't on the links or headlines, because they need you to click through to get paid). So maybe he had an escort over.

'How do they know the gunshot was self-inflicted' - on one of the videos pasted above, there is a photo of Paddock's head showing no injury to his face but the top of his head is a bloody mess.

I also don't get the vehemence against Jack or anyone else for thinking it was probably Paddock. I think a lot of this is mainly from a determination not to fall for establishment bullshit. I mean it is objectively true that Americans shoot each other for no reason all the time, and that something like 15-20% of men will fire at strangers if told to. In modern armies, most notably the US's, the percentage is higher thanks to scientific training designed to break down the instinctive resistance to killing. It is also quite true that there are individuals who want to end their lives like this, in an explosion of violence against a crowd of strangers, whether they are spree-killing Americans, Syrian jihadists, or that German pilot. I can't think of any others as old as Paddock but there must have been. Amok is an old word.

I mean it's common cause here that some person or persons fired sustained volleys at a crowd 400m away. Why is it dumber to think it was Paddock than another spook or arms dealer or psycho? If you think this was the work of some sinister government agents - what do you think their lives would look like if splashed across the teevee? Odder than Paddocks? More likely to make you say 'oh yeah I can see them doing it'? It's probably the opposite - some of the biggest psychos are ostentatious churchgoers and actively involved at their kids' schools in DC.
stefano

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion