The American Asylum

Moderators: Elvis, DrVolin, Jeff

The American Asylum

Postby Blue » Mon Oct 16, 2017 7:32 pm

Just wanted to put this out there to our RI friends outside the US.

It's a very difficult place to live here in the USA since Trump became the "leader." I would guesstimate that about 80% of the population went batshit nuts when it was announced Trump became President. Both nuts for and nuts against. The other 20% are just fucking trying to survive.

Fake News PizzaGate which has morphed into Fake News VegasGate is another example of the sick, twisted hoaxes being perpetrated upon the beat down American citizenry.

It's sad to see the amount of bullshit that is posted here and the continued support of members who post the bs who make egregious attacks on other members.

It's 25 degrees above normal in parts of the US so maybe Summer Madness will never end....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4_1etTOVO1E
Blue

Blog: View Blog (0)

Re: The American Asylum

Postby PufPuf93 » Mon Oct 16, 2017 9:47 pm

The United States is far from the nation we are taught.

The USA is no longer a democracy and is losing rather than gaining empathy for the less fortunate and "different".

I will probably be dead by then but I don't think things are going to end well.

If younger, healthier, and had more financial resources, I might even be looking to move to Ireland or Central America or Canada or even Australia.

As it is I am stuck albeit out in the mountains.
PufPuf93

Postby Blue » Mon Oct 16, 2017 10:16 pm

PufPuf93 wrote:The United States is far from the nation we are taught.

The USA is no longer a democracy and is losing rather than gaining empathy for the less fortunate and "different".

I will probably be dead by then but I don't think things are going to end well.

If younger, healthier, and had more financial resources, I might even be looking to move to Ireland or Central America or Canada or even Australia.

As it is I am stuck albeit out in the mountains.

Yeah, well I agree, my friend. Funny, how I recently thought of Ireland (their youth is leaving) and Equador. Canada, too cold. Australia, too far.

I wish you well in the mountains. I hope I survive where I am away from large cities.
Blue

Postby norton ash » Tue Oct 17, 2017 10:41 am

I always marvel at Americans saying 'Canada's too cold.' Vancouver's like Seattle, Winnipeg is like Minneapolis (yeah, cold), Toronto or Montreal or Halifax are pretty much alike to Chicago, New York, or Boston. Canadian weather wouldn't be too cold for much of the American population. Meanwhile, the footprint of the year-round air conditioned lifestyle in the South must be sumpin' else.

Stay warm, and good luck with President Deranged Animal Fucking Moron.
Zen horse
norton ash

Postby MacCruiskeen » Tue Oct 17, 2017 10:50 am

Blue » Mon Oct 16, 2017 6:32 pm wrote:Just wanted to put this out there to our RI friends outside the US.

It's a very difficult place to live here in the USA since Trump became the "leader." I would guesstimate that about 80% of the population went batshit nuts when it was announced Trump became President. Both nuts for and nuts against. The other 20% are just fucking trying to survive.

Fake News PizzaGate which has morphed into Fake News VegasGate is another example of the sick, twisted hoaxes being perpetrated upon the beat down American citizenry.

It's sad to see the amount of bullshit that is posted here and the continued support of members who post the bs who make egregious attacks on other members.

It's 25 degrees above normal in parts of the US so maybe Summer Madness will never end....

Easy for you to say, as a mere spectator of that thread. Precisely what is bullshit there? State why it you think is bullshit, and provide evidence in support of your arguments.

PS "PizzaGate" has precisely nothing to do with the massacre in Las Vegas. To claim that it does is bullshit.
"Ich kann gar nicht so viel fressen, wie ich kotzen möchte." - Max Liebermann,, Berlin, 1933

"Science is the belief in the ignorance of experts." - Richard Feynman, NYC, 1966

TESTDEMIC ➝ "CASE"DEMIC
MacCruiskeen

Postby PufPuf93 » Tue Oct 17, 2017 11:15 am

norton ash » Tue Oct 17, 2017 7:41 am wrote:I always marvel at Americans saying 'Canada's too cold.' Vancouver's like Seattle, Winnipeg is like Minneapolis (yeah, cold), Toronto or Montreal or Halifax are pretty much alike to Chicago, New York, or Boston. Canadian weather wouldn't be too cold for much of the American population. Meanwhile, the footprint of the year-round air conditioned lifestyle in the South must be sumpin' else.

Stay warm, and good luck with President Deranged Animal Fucking Moron.

Sheeshh

I know you live in a frigging igloo and eat walrus fat mostly.
PufPuf93

Postby Heaven Swan » Thu Oct 19, 2017 5:24 pm

Blue » Mon Oct 16, 2017 7:32 pm wrote:Just wanted to put this out there to our RI friends outside the US.

I agree Blue. The Las Vegas you tube stuff and even our thread on it are a disgrace, MRAs and far-right wingers, and walking combinations of the two have seized onto the conspiracy narrative and are flooding the internet with half-baked BS. There used to be more careful analysis here at RI...or maybe I was greener and more easily hoodwinked.

I know that secret societies, Gladio type operations and MK Ultra are real but if I hadn't done the time-consuming research I have, and had just read the stuff on Las Vegas I might dismiss conspiracy, (or 'deep state') theories as a bunch of ranting by lunatics.

I was in Europe for a month and a half and being away from the US madness for a while saved my sanity. I could maybe move to Europe but I'm not only interested in an individual solution (and besides, Europe is highly influenced by the US so there's no real escape).

I'd love to discuss this stuff calmly, rationally and intelligently, along with brainstorming of ideas about what to do about the deep state conspiracies, but I agree that in the political insane asylum atmosphere both in and outside of RI that level of discourse seems unattainable.

That's not to say that I'm not grateful for SLAD, Project Willow and quite a few others who post valuable information that might be hard for me to find on my own.
"When IT reigns, I’m poor.” Mario
Heaven Swan

Postby 82_28 » Fri Oct 20, 2017 5:33 am

From the Indians who welcomed the pilgrims
And to the buffalo who once ruled the plains
Like the vultures circling beneath the dark clouds
Looking for the rain
Looking for the rain

Just like the cities staggered on the coastline
Living in a nation that just can't stand much more
Like the forest buried beneath the highway
Never had a chance to grow

And now it's winter
Winter in America
Yes and all of the healers have been killed
Or sent away, yeah
But the people know, the people know
It's winter
Winter in America
And ain't nobody fighting
'Cause nobody knows what to save
Save your soul, Lord knows
From Winter in America

The Constitution
A noble piece of paper
With free society
Struggled but it died in vain
And now Democracy is ragtime on the corner
Hoping for some rain
Looks like it's hoping
Hoping for some rain

And I see the robins
Perched in barren treetops
Watching last-ditch racists marching across the floor
But just like the peace sign that vanished in our dreams

And now it's winter
It's winter in America
And all of the healers have been killed
Or betrayed
Yeah, but the people know, people know
It's winter, Lord knows
It's winter in America
Cause nobody knows what to save
Save your souls
From Winter in America

And now it's winter
Winter in America
And all of the healers done been killed or sent away
Yeah, and the people know, people know
It's winter
Winter in America
Cause nobody knows, nobody knows
There is no me. There is no you. There is all. There is no you. There is no me. And that is all. A profound acceptance of an enormous pageantry. A haunting certainty that the unifying principle of this universe is love. -- Propagandhi
82_28

Postby Blue » Fri Oct 20, 2017 7:25 am

^^^
Nice, 82, thanks.
Blue

Postby MacCruiskeen » Fri Oct 20, 2017 7:48 am

Heaven Swan » Thu Oct 19, 2017 4:24 pm wrote:
Blue » Mon Oct 16, 2017 7:32 pm wrote:Just wanted to put this out there to our RI friends outside the US.

I agree Blue. The Las Vegas you tube stuff and even our thread on it are a disgrace, MRAs and far-right wingers, and walking combinations of the two have seized onto the conspiracy narrative and are flooding the internet with half-baked BS. There used to be more careful analysis here at RI...or maybe I was greener and more easily hoodwinked.

I know that secret societies, Gladio type operations and MK Ultra are real but if I hadn't done the time-consuming research I have, and had just read the stuff on Las Vegas I might dismiss conspiracy, (or 'deep state') theories as a bunch of ranting by lunatics.

I was in Europe for a month and a half and being away from the US madness for a while saved my sanity. I could maybe move to Europe but I'm not only interested in an individual solution (and besides, Europe is highly influenced by the US so there's no real escape).

I'd love to discuss this stuff calmly, rationally and intelligently, along with brainstorming of ideas about what to do about the deep state conspiracies, but I agree that in the political insane asylum atmosphere both in and outside of RI that level of discourse seems unattainable.

That's not to say that I'm not grateful for SLAD, Project Willow and quite a few others who post valuable information that might be hard for me to find on my own.

It must be so hard being you.

The Las Vegas you tube stuff and even our thread on it are a disgrace

I'd love to discuss this stuff calmly, rationally and intelligently,

Then start doing so, as opposed to just repeatedly slandering unnamed-but-easily-identifiable RI posters from a safe distance while making incessant empty boasts about how intelligent, rational, well-informed and exquisitely sensitive you (in stark contrast) allegedly are.

Your bluff is hereby called.
"Ich kann gar nicht so viel fressen, wie ich kotzen möchte." - Max Liebermann,, Berlin, 1933

"Science is the belief in the ignorance of experts." - Richard Feynman, NYC, 1966

TESTDEMIC ➝ "CASE"DEMIC
MacCruiskeen

Postby Heaven Swan » Fri Oct 20, 2017 8:22 am

MacCruiskeen » Fri Oct 20, 2017 7:48 am wrote:
Heaven Swan » Thu Oct 19, 2017 4:24 pm wrote:

It must be so hard being you.

The Las Vegas you tube stuff and even our thread on it are a disgrace

I'd love to discuss this stuff calmly, rationally and intelligently,

Then start doing so, as opposed to just repeatedly slandering unnamed-but-easily-identifiable RI posters from a safe distance while making incessant empty boasts about how intelligent, rational, well-informed and exquisitely sensitive you (in stark contrast) allegedly are.

Your bluff is hereby called.

There are those countering the thin and absurd arguments you and others make on the LV thread, but my patience has run out.

I guess there's really no escape anywhere in mixed public venues from abusive bullies like you. Therefore I am going NO CONTACT i.e. I intend, to the best of my ability, to ignore you, and I ask that you refrain from commenting on my posts.
Heaven Swan

Postby MacCruiskeen » Fri Oct 20, 2017 8:45 am

Heaven Swan wrote:There are those countering the thin and absurd arguments you and others make on the LV thread, but my patience has run out.

Laughable. There's no there there, as anyone could already see. Bluff successfully called.

Heaven Swan wrote:I guess there's really no escape anywhere in mixed public venues from abusive bullies like you.

Don't you dare accuse me of being "an abusive bully". Bullying and abuse are very serious and utterly detestable crimes, and demonstrably false accusations such as yours are not just morally shabby in the extreme; they also serve to trivialise those crimes and make it easier for real bullies & actual abusers to flourish. Defending onself against shabby lies, such as yours, is not bullying. It is, precisely, self-defence against attempted bullying.

You're seething just because I successfully called your bluff after you had repeatedly and sneakily needled and insulted me, stickdog and other RI posters from what you presumed was a safe distance. Tough.

You have no leg to stand on. You have no argument, no evidence, and nothing of any value whatsoever to contribute to the Las Vegas discussion. Nothing but sanctimoniousness, repeated insults, shabby false accusations and pretentious empty boasts. This place needs protecting from vindictive phoneys like you.

Heaven Swan wrote:Therefore I am going NO CONTACT i.e. I intend, to the best of my ability, to ignore you, and I ask that you refrain from commenting on my posts.

This is a Discussion Board on the Internet, i.e. it is a public place. When you talk shit on it, I will contine to feel at liberty to respond, especially when you are making ridiculous supercilious boasts you cannot even begin to back up. I will most certainly respond if and when you ever again tell shabby lies at my expense. Because I hate bullying, even such weak attempts at it as yours, and I think it should always be opposed. HTH.

TESTDEMIC ➝ "CASE"DEMIC
MacCruiskeen

Postby Blue » Fri Oct 20, 2017 9:32 am

Heaven Swan » Fri Oct 20, 2017 6:22 am wrote:
There are those countering the thin and absurd arguments you and others make on the LV thread, but my patience has run out.

I guess there's really no escape anywhere in mixed public venues from abusive bullies like you. Therefore I am going NO CONTACT i.e. I intend, to the best of my ability, to ignore you, and I ask that you refrain from commenting on my posts.

Yep, abusive bullies destroy every single board online. No matter the subject, they show up, run the civilized adults off and weirdly the mods and admins have no problem with it. For years they flaunt it.

The Vegas Hoax threads are so similar to the PG ones. Easily faked accounts or photoshopped social media clips are the backbone of their evidence, mocking all mainstream news coverage of the event and witnesses. Until. They find that one mainstream article about the local dude in Kansas City who swore he never heard a bullet fired but heard the really loud sound of those CIA cleaners clomping around upstairs. Sheesh!
Blue

Postby MacCruiskeen » Fri Oct 20, 2017 9:38 am

^^Bullshit. Again, again.

TESTDEMIC ➝ "CASE"DEMIC
MacCruiskeen

Postby Heaven Swan » Fri Oct 20, 2017 10:35 am

MacCruiskeen » Fri Oct 20, 2017 8:45 am wrote:
Heaven Swan wrote:There are those countering the thin and absurd arguments you and others make on the LV thread, but my patience has run out.

Laughable. There's no there there, as anyone could already see. Bluff successfully called.

Heaven Swan wrote:I guess there's really no escape anywhere in mixed public venues from abusive bullies like you.

Don't you dare accuse me of being "an abusive bully". Bullying and abuse are very serious and utterly detestable crimes, and demonstrably false accusations such as yours are not just morally shabby in the extreme; they also serve to trivialise those crimes and make it easier for real bullies & actual abusers to flourish. Defending onself against shabby lies, such as yours, is not bullying. It is, precisely, self-defence against attempted bullying.

You're seething just because I successfully called your bluff after you had repeatedly and sneakily needled and insulted me, stickdog and other RI posters from what you presumed was a safe distance. Tough.

You have no leg to stand on. You have no argument, no evidence, and nothing of any value whatsoever to contribute to the Las Vegas discussion. Nothing but sanctimoniousness, repeated insults, shabby false accusations and pretentious empty boasts. This place needs protecting from vindictive phoneys like you.

Heaven Swan wrote:Therefore I am going NO CONTACT i.e. I intend, to the best of my ability, to ignore you, and I ask that you refrain from commenting on my posts.

This is a Discussion Board on the Internet, i.e. it is a public place. When you talk shit on it, I will contine to feel at liberty to respond, especially when you are making ridiculous supercilious boasts you cannot even begin to back up. I will most certainly respond if and when you ever again tell shabby lies at my expense. Because I hate bullying, even such weak attempts at it as yours, and I think it should always be opposed. HTH.

The first bolded quote is a predictable and textbook response. See "The Tinderbox Effect" in the book "Why Does He Do That" by Lundy Bancroft. Lundy has spent decades running programs to rehabilitate male abusers, some court-ordered and some showing up on their own.

The Tinderbox Effect is the predictable response of the abuser when called out as such--he blows up and turns the accusation back on the victim, often then trying to shout (or beat) them back into submission.

In the second bolded section are a cascade of ad-hominem, personal attacks that you've wielded to intimidate and silence me, a regular practice and habit of yours around here. I believe that personal attacks are not allowed on RI, therefore, I ask you to refrain from personal attacks against me and other posters.
Heaven Swan

Next

Return to General Discussion