First Charges Filed in U.S. Special Counsel Mueller's Russia

Moderators: Elvis, DrVolin, Jeff

Re: First Charges Filed in U.S. Special Counsel Mueller's Ru

Postby seemslikeadream » Mon Feb 05, 2018 2:35 pm

Go ahead and pretend that the system isn't rotten to the core. Your free to believe whatever they tell ya ...

Could you link to where I EVER said that please?

I would appreciate it if you did not put words in my mouth thank you

so it's rotten to the core so we give the Tratior in Chief a pass?

and the answer is to sit back and do nothing?

I didn't sit back during the Vietnam war...I didn't sit back when Nixon was in the WH....I didn't sit back when my family members were sick from Agent Orange....LIFE IS A STRUGGLE ....always was always will be

I have a feeling you do not have children

I have a feeling you do not know your family history

I know you are not a woman

I have a feeling you are not black

mothers ...women ....blacks..... DO NOT GIVE UP EVER

I will never give up ...in Real Life or here

fatalists sit back and give up complain about how bad it is and do NOTHING

sorry you believe you have no power

two kinds of people in this world

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U67yfNMgep4

So Trey Gowdy
The only republican who has read the FISA application/underlying memo intel
Announced his retirement
Turned down a judgeship offer from Don McGahn
Says the memo does NOT vindicate Trump
Isn’t being attacked by Trump

Something smells fishy...

Mazars and Deutsche Bank could have ended this nightmare before it started.
They could still get him out of office.
But instead, they want mass death.
Don’t forget that.
seemslikeadream

Blog: View Blog (83)

Postby dada » Mon Feb 05, 2018 5:53 pm

I have a feeling you do not have children?
Both his words and manner of speech seemed at first totally unfamiliar to me, and yet somehow they stirred memories - as an actor might be stirred by the forgotten lines of some role he had played far away and long ago.
dada

Blog: View Blog (0)

Postby seemslikeadream » Mon Feb 05, 2018 6:13 pm

in my experience a person with children does not have such a defeatist attitude especially if they are informed and care about their future

a person posting here is informed

Grissly
Don't give a fuck to be honest.

if someone doesn't give a fuck why even post a video....why even post here...there must be a reason ..not just I don't give a fuck ..of course you give a fuck

that's just me though I have always cared about the future of my children ...daughters especially because the government had control of women's body for such a long time

democracy is not a spectator sport...people of color...women....understand this

I hear you care about animals ....have you ever done anything to help an abused animal in real life not just complaining about a pic on the internet? Do you consider that being involved?
Don’t forget that.
seemslikeadream

Postby dada » Mon Feb 05, 2018 8:27 pm

Sure, I've been involved with some abused animals. But that's getting kind of personal.
Both his words and manner of speech seemed at first totally unfamiliar to me, and yet somehow they stirred memories - as an actor might be stirred by the forgotten lines of some role he had played far away and long ago.
dada

Postby seemslikeadream » Mon Feb 05, 2018 10:31 pm

oh and you think it was not personal to accuse me of promoting cat torture?

I don't take something like that lightly ...I love animals ..I've had 100s of animals in my care and I've treated them all with the utmost respect.. love... and care

and silly cat pic that has been on the net for over 10 years and that I have posted here maybe a dozen times does not make me a promoter of cat torture
Don’t forget that.
seemslikeadream

Postby seemslikeadream » Mon Feb 05, 2018 10:46 pm

The President has gone to war with whole sections of the federal government to undermine the criminal probe which appears to be gathering vast evidence of his guilt. It’s total war. We lose track of how many things the President has done just in the last few weeks which were heretofore unimaginable and which all would be credible and robust grounds for removal from office.

Trump To Plead the De Facto 5th
By Josh Marshall | February 5, 2018 9:08 pm

The Times is reporting that the President’s personal lawyers are recommending that he refuse to be interviewed or questioned by Robert Mueller’s investigators under any circumstances. Let’s be candid about what this means. The President is pleading the 5th while trying to avoid saying that’s what he’s doing. Let’s call it the de facto 5th. The constitutional law is clear cut. It’s not at all hypothetical. A sitting President has no blanket right to refuse to cooperate with a criminal investigation. Different dimensions of this question were litigated under Presidents Nixon and Clinton. The Courts were clear each time. The President has to comply with the law and with criminal investigations just like everyone else, though there may be certain areas of privilege. Presidents have been interviewed by special prosecutors, special counsels and independent counsels in numerous cases. The President is obviously guilty of obstruction of justice. He’s likely guilty of criminal conspiracy with a foreign power, though what if any statutes this would implicate is not clear to me. It makes perfect sense to refuse to talk. Perps do that all the time. It’s their right.

There are two notable points in the Times write-up of the story.

First, the President’s lawyers’ argument appears to be that the President is innocent of any crimes but that he is also a pathological liar. That could leave him vulnerable to a perjury charge. This isn’t my gloss. According to the Times, that’s their argument: “His lawyers are concerned that the president, who has a history of making false statements and contradicting himself, could be charged with lying to investigators.”

The other notable claim is that Trump’s lawyers and advisors believe that if Trump refuses a voluntary request for an interview, which is his right, Mueller might lack the nerve to subpoena him. “The lawyers and aides believe the special counsel might be unwilling to subpoena the president and set off a showdown with the White House that Mr. Mueller could lose in court.”

I think it’s very possible that Mueller would not indict the President, even if he believes he has clear and convincing evidence that he committed a crime. (While I don’t have entirely settled views on the matter myself, I actually think there are decent prudential, even not narrowly legal, reasons why a sitting President should be impeached before being indicted.) But I have a very hard time believing that if Robert Mueller believes questioning the President is necessary for his investigation that he won’t subpoena him. That seems quite out of character for the man and inconsistent with what we know about the investigation.

Really this shouldn’t surprise us. The President has gone to war with whole sections of the federal government to undermine the criminal probe which appears to be gathering vast evidence of his guilt. It’s total war. We lose track of how many things the President has done just in the last few weeks which were heretofore unimaginable and which all would be credible and robust grounds for removal from office.
https://talkingpointsmemo.com/edblog/tr ... -facto-5th
Don’t forget that.
seemslikeadream

Postby Grizzly » Tue Feb 06, 2018 6:55 am

Mueller's Russian fantasy don't have shit...

To quote Sic Semper Tyrannis frequent contributor Publius Tacitus :
http://turcopolier.typepad.com/sic_semp ... citus.html
The FBI and CIA Failed Coup Against Trump Unravels

James Comey, Andy McCabe, Sally Yates, her boss Loretta Lynch, Holder? Dana Boente and Rob Rosenstein. Lied to a federal Judge. There will be atonement. In addition, we will see John Brennan and Jim Clapper, an expat, a [former American] now British GCHQ, and very possibly Darth Cheney and redrum Rumsfeld himself involved

But, GRISSLY Don't give two fucks. To be honest.
“The more we do to you, the less you seem to believe we are doing it.”

― Joseph mengele
Grizzly

Postby Jerky » Tue Feb 06, 2018 11:13 am

Holy shit.

You really believe that bullshit you're spewing, Griz?

J.
Jerky

Postby seemslikeadream » Tue Feb 06, 2018 11:15 am

OMG!!!

he doesn't give a fuck about anything ...but if that is true why does he post what is his motivation?
Don’t forget that.
seemslikeadream

Postby seemslikeadream » Tue Feb 06, 2018 11:35 am

Bob Mueller’s Investigation Is Larger—and Further Along—Than You Think

Tthe Mueller investigation appears to have been picking up steam in the last three weeks —and homing in on a series of targets.
Eric Thayer/Bloomberg/Getty Images

President Trump claimed in a tweet over the weekend that the controversial Nunes memo “totally vindicates” him, clearing him of the cloud of the Russia investigation that has hung over his administration for a year now.

Nothing could be further from the truth.

In fact, if anything, the Mueller investigation appears to have been picking up steam in the past three weeks—and homing in on a series of targets.

Last summer, I wrote an analysis exploring the “known unknowns” of the Russia investigation—unanswered but knowable questions regarding Mueller’s probe. Today, given a week that saw immense sturm und drang over Devin Nunes’ memo—a document that seems purposefully designed to obfuscate and muddy the waters around Mueller’s investigation—it seems worth asking the opposite question: What are the known knowns of the Mueller investigation, and where might it be heading?

The first thing we know is that we know it is large.

We speak about the “Mueller probe” as a single entity, but it’s important to understand that there are no fewer than five (known) separate investigations under the broad umbrella of the special counsel’s office—some threads of these investigations may overlap or intersect, some may be completely free-standing, and some potential targets may be part of multiple threads. But it’s important to understand the different “buckets” of Mueller’s probe.

As special counsel, Mueller has broad authority to investigate “any links and/or coordination between the Russian government and individuals associated with the campaign of President Donald Trump,” as well as “any matters that arose or may arise directly from the investigation,” a catch-all phrase that allows him to pursue other criminality he may stumble across in the course of the investigation. As the acting attorney general overseeing Mueller, Rod Rosenstein has the ability to grant Mueller the ability to expand his investigation as necessary and has been briefed regularly on how the work is unfolding. Yet even without being privy to those conversations, we have a good sense of the purview of his investigation.

Right now, we know it involves at least five separate investigative angles:

1. Preexisting Business Deals and Money Laundering. Business dealings and money laundering related to Trump campaign staff, including former campaign chairman Paul Manafort and former campaign aide Rick Gates, are a major target of the inquiry. While this phase of the investigation has already led to the indictment of Gates and Manafort, it almost certainly will continue to bear further fruit. Gates appears to be heading toward a plea deal with Mueller, and there is expected to be a so-called “superseding” indictment that may add to or refine the existing charges. Such indictments are common in federal prosecutions, particularly in complicated financial cases where additional evidence may surface. Mueller’s team is believed to have amassed more than 400,000 documents in this part of the investigation alone. There have also been reports—largely advanced through intriguing reporting by Buzzfeed—about suspicious payments flagged by Citibank that passed through the accounts of the Russian embassy in the United States, including an abnormal attempted $150,000 cash withdrawal by the embassy just days after the election.

2. Russian Information Operations. When we speak in shorthand about the “hacking of the election,” we are actually talking about unique and distinct efforts, with varying degrees of coordination, by different entities associated with the Russian government. One of these is the “information operations” (bots and trolls) that swirled around the 2016 election, focused on social media platforms like Facebook and Twitter, possibly with the coordination or involvement of the Trump campaign’s data team, Cambridge Analytica.

Presumably these so-called active measures were conducted by or with the coordination of what’s known colloquially as the Russian troll factory, the Internet Research Agency, in St. Petersburg. The extent to which these social media efforts impacted the outcome of the election remains an open question, but according to Bloomberg these social media sites are a “red hot” focus of Mueller’s team, and he obtained search warrants to examine the records of companies like Facebook. In recent weeks, social media platforms like Facebook and Twitter have begun working to notify more than a million users they suspect interacted with Russian trolls and propaganda.

3. Active Cyber Intrusions. Separate from the trolls and bots on social media were a series of active operations and cyber intrusions carried out by Russian intelligence officers at the GRU and the FSB against political targets like John Podesta and the DNC. We know that Russian intelligence also penetrated the Republican National Committee, but none of those emails or documents were made public. This thread of the investigation may also involve unofficial or official campaign contacts with WikiLeaks or other campaign advisers, like Roger Stone, as well as the warning—via the Australian government—that former foreign policy adviser George Papadopoulos appeared to have foreknowledge of the hacking of Democratic emails.

Western intelligence, specifically the Dutch intelligence service AIVD, has evidently been monitoring for years the “Advanced Persistent Threats”—government-sponsored hackers who make up the Russia teams known as Fancy Bear and Cozy Bear, which were responsible for the attacks on Democratic targets. AIVD even evidently managed to penetrate a security camera in the workspace of Cozy Bear, near Red Square in Moscow, and take screenshots of those working for the team. According to The Wall Street Journal, there are at least six Russian intelligence officers who may already be identified as personally responsible for at least some of these intrusions. Bringing criminal charges against these individuals would be consistent with the practices established over the past five years by the Justice Department’s National Security Division, which indicted—and in some cases even arrested—specific government and military hackers from nation-states like Iran, China, and Russia.

4. Russian Campaign Contacts. This corner of the investigation remains perhaps the most mysterious aspect of Mueller’s probe, as questions continue to swirl about the links and contacts among Russian nationals and officials and Trump campaign staff, including Carter Page, the subject of the FISA warrant that was the focus of the Nunes memo. Numerous campaign (and now administration) officials have lied about or failed to disclose contacts with both Russian nationals and Russian government officials, from meetings with Ambassador Sergey Kislyak to government banker Sergey Gorkov to the infamous Trump Tower meeting arranged by Donald Trump Jr. with Kremlin-connected Russian lawyer Natalia V. Veselnitskaya.

At least two members of the campaign—Papadopoulos and former national security adviser Michael Flynn—have already pleaded guilty to lying to federal investigators about these contacts. But many other Trump aides face scrutiny, including Attorney General Jeff Sessions, White House adviser and son-in-law Jared Kushner, and Donald Trump Jr. Some of these contacts may go back years; Page himself originally surfaced in January 2015 as “Male #1” in the indictment of three Russian SVR agents, working undercover in New York City, who had tried to recruit Page, an oil and gas adviser, as an intelligence asset, only to decide that he was too scatterbrained to be a useful source.

5. Obstruction of Justice. This is the big kahuna—the question of whether President Trump obstructed justice by pressuring FBI director James Comey to “look past” the FBI’s investigation of Michael Flynn and whether his firing in May was in any way tied to Comey’s refusal to stop the investigation. This thread, as far as we know from public reporting, remains the only part of the investigation that stretches directly into the Oval Office. It likely focuses not only on the President and the FBI director but also on a handful of related questions about the FBI investigation of Flynn and the White House’s statements about the Trump Tower meeting. The president himself has said publicly that he fired Comey over “this Russia thing.”

There’s fresh reason to believe that this is an active criminal investigation; lost amid the news of the Nunes memo on Friday was a court ruling in a lawsuit where I and a handful of other reporters from outlets like CNN and Daily Caller are suing the Justice Department to release the “Comey memos”: The ruling held that, based on the FBI’s private testimony to the court—including evidence from Michael Dreeben, one of the leaders of the special counsel’s office—releasing the memos would compromise the investigation. “Having heard this, the Court is now fully convinced that disclosure ‘could reasonably be expected to interfere’ with that ongoing investigation,” the judge wrote in our case.

Even the most generous interpretation of the Nunes memo—which has been widely debunked by serious analysts—raises questions only around the fourth thread of this investigation, insofar as it focuses on Carter Page, the one-time foreign policy adviser who appears to be ancillary to most of the rest of the Russia probes. All of the other avenues remain unsullied by the Nunes memo.

The second thing that we know is that large parts of the investigation remain out of sight. While we’ve seen four indictments or guilty pleas, they only involve threads one (money laundering) and four (Russian campaign contacts). We haven’t seen any public moves or charges by Mueller’s team regarding the information operations, the active cyber intrusions, or the obstruction of justice investigation.

We also know there’s significant relevant evidence that’s not yet public: Both Flynn and Papadopoulos traded cooperation and information as part of their respective plea deals, and none of the information that they provided has become public yet.

We also know that, despite the relative period of quiet since Flynn’s guilty plea in December, Mueller is moving fast. While parts of the case will likely unfold and continue for years, particularly if some defendants head for trial, Mueller has in recent weeks been interviewing senior and central figures, like Comey and Sessions. He’s also begun working to interview President Trump himself. Given that standard procedure would be to interview the central figure in an investigation last—when all the evidence is gathered—it seems likely that such interest means that Mueller is confident he knows what he needs to know for the obstruction case, at least.

All of these pieces of public evidence, the “known knowns,” point to one conclusion: Bob Mueller has a busy few weeks ahead of him—and the sturm und drang of the last week will likely only intensify as more of the investigation comes into public view.
https://www.wired.com/story/bob-mueller ... you-think/
Don’t forget that.
seemslikeadream

Postby Grizzly » Tue Feb 06, 2018 2:21 pm

Deep State Live: NBC hires Brennan, CNN adds ex-FBI agent to on-air talent
https://www.reddit.com/r/conspiracy/com ... dds_exfbi/

NBC News PR: https://twitter.com/NBCNewsPR/status/959189340936179712

Former @CIA Director @JohnBrennan is now a senior national security and intelligence analyst for @NBCNews and @MSNBC.

CNN already has James Clapper, and now they've added Comey's assistant, who "turned in his badge so he can publicly voice his concerns": https://www.cnn.com/2018/02/04/politics ... index.html

Feed that Mockingbird...
“The more we do to you, the less you seem to believe we are doing it.”

― Joseph mengele
Grizzly

Postby seemslikeadream » Tue Feb 06, 2018 2:28 pm

Grizzly » Tue Feb 06, 2018 5:55 am wrote:

But, GRISSLY Don't give two fucks. To be honest.

Grizzly » Mon Feb 05, 2018 1:32 pm wrote:I have never once listened to Trump. Don't give a fuck to be honest.

sure :roll:

wondering just who you are trying to convince....me or you?
Don’t forget that.
seemslikeadream

Postby dada » Tue Feb 06, 2018 5:22 pm

seemslikeadream » Mon Feb 05, 2018 9:31 pm wrote:oh and you think it was not personal to accuse me of promoting cat torture?

No, I said you were lying. That cat pic was not a photoshop.

How dare you accuse me of accusing you, madame! J'accuse! Je vous accuse de m'accuser de vous accuser! I'm feigning with indignation! I have been so insulted in my life, too many times to count!

Well, hopefully we can get beyond this. I'm willing to try if you are. We shouldn't let the kids see slad and dada fighting. They might pick up some strategies to use against us. The little brats.
dada

Postby seemslikeadream » Tue Feb 06, 2018 5:41 pm

of course we can at this point I consider it ancient history :hug1:

but I will take issue with the lying part (that's kinda personal too) I actually thought it was photo shopped....I don't lie

sometimes I can be a bit of a Image though
Don’t forget that.
seemslikeadream

Postby seemslikeadream » Tue Feb 06, 2018 7:11 pm

Congressman Elijah Cummings, the ranking member of the House Oversight Committee, has asked Chairman Trey Gowdy to sign off on thirteen separate subpoenas. They’re aimed at many of the usual suspects: Jared Kushner, Michael Flynn, Brad Parscale, Deutsche Bank, and others. The point here is the timing. Cummings sent this request to Gowdy the same day the Nunes memo was released, and one day after Gowdy announced that he’s retiring from Congress at the end of the term. Cummings sensed an opening, and it appears he’s guessed correctly.

Gowdy has agreed to allow the committee to vote on the subpoenas :evilgrin

Nunes & trump went hog wild on 2/2/18 on the epic failed Nunes memo.
It overshadowed Rep Cummings 8 page letter to Gowdy requesting 13 SUBPOENAS wide ranging
Vote is tomorrow

EVERYTHING the Trump Admin has stonewalled in the past year.

Don’t forget that.
seemslikeadream

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion