America's Garden of Dicks

Moderators: Elvis, DrVolin, Jeff

Re: America's Garden of Dicks

Postby seemslikeadream » Thu Nov 16, 2017 4:27 pm

What.... the truth?

I just asked a simple question you can answer if you like
if you forgot the question

it is

when have you ever spoke up for the victims of trump or Moore?
Mazars and Deutsche Bank could have ended this nightmare before it started.
They could still get him out of office.
But instead, they want mass death.
Don’t forget that.
seemslikeadream

Blog: View Blog (83)

Postby MacCruiskeen » Thu Nov 16, 2017 4:32 pm

:ohno:
"Ich kann gar nicht so viel fressen, wie ich kotzen möchte." - Max Liebermann,, Berlin, 1933

"Science is the belief in the ignorance of experts." - Richard Feynman, NYC, 1966

TESTDEMIC ➝ "CASE"DEMIC
MacCruiskeen

Blog: View Blog (0)

Postby seemslikeadream » Thu Nov 16, 2017 4:34 pm

ok you can't

that's too bad
I don't know how sexual predators get away with it

EXCLUSIVE: Top N.Y. Senate Republican goes to pizza party rather than meet with kid-sex victims about law to stop predators
http://www.nydailynews.com/news/politic ... -1.2625338

Don’t forget that.
seemslikeadream

Postby seemslikeadream » Thu Nov 16, 2017 5:23 pm

MacCruiskeen » Thu Nov 16, 2017 2:51 pm wrote:DO NOT DISCUSS DEMOCRATIC DICKS

no one mentioned democratic dicks in this thread so I could not have told anyone not to mention it...

no one was talking about democratic dicks ..where did you get that idea?

there was no democratic dicks shown in this thread...

In Roy Moore’s Senate race, anonymous threats, deceptive texts, alternative facts

U.S. Senate candidate Roy Moore after speaking at a church revival in Jackson, Ala., on Tuesday. (Brynn Anderson/AP)
By Marc Fisher November 15 at 7:47 PM
A minister in south Alabama gets a phone call from a man who says he is a Washington Post reporter offering cash for dirt about Senate candidate Roy Moore. A man who told an Alabama newspaper about Moore’s alleged approaches to teenage girls when he was in his 30s receives texts falsely telling him he is being sued for defamation.

On Twitter and Facebook, in texts and in phone calls, Alabamians say they are on the receiving end of a muddy river of threats, dirty tricks and angry attacks, all aimed at undermining allegations that Moore, the Republican candidate in next month’s special election to fill a U.S. Senate seat, made sexual advances to teenagers decades ago.

After Blake Usry told AL.com, an Alabama news site, that he knew girls Moore tried to flirt with, Usry received threatening phone calls and Facebook messages, as well as texts informing him that he had been sued for defamation.

One text falsely claimed that northern Alabama’s U.S. attorney, Jay Town, “has verified defamation cases” against Usry and others who were quoted in news articles.

ADVERTISING

“I just thought, here they go, trying to intimidate me,” said Usry, who lives in Gadsden, where Moore lived and worked. “It could be a religious zealot, some right-wing nut, someone from Roy Moore’s campaign, I don’t know. It doesn’t intimidate me, but it’s caused me misery all day long.”

0:51
Fake robo-call impersonating a Washington Post reporter made in Alabama

An Alabama pastor received a robo-call on Nov. 14, from a man posing as a Washington Post reporter and asking for allegations against Roy Moore. (The Washington Post)
The claim that the U.S. attorney was moving against those who spoke out about Moore is “patently absurd,” Town said. “My office has not received, nor would we have the legal basis to pursue, any such defamation cases.” Under federal law, defamation is a civil matter, not a crime.

In today’s politics of disbelief, every burst of news is fodder for an avalanche of pushback and disinformation. In the Moore case, that reaction has come in the form of organized campaigns by Moore’s supporters defending their candidate and grass-roots expressions from individuals who believe that any report in the news media may be politically motivated.

“People down here are pushing back against The Washington Post, the moderate liberal Republicans and the Washington establishment that thinks we’re all stupid,” said Dean Young, a Republican political consultant in Alabama who called himself “Judge Moore’s number one adviser.” “They’re pushing back every way we can.”

Lawyers representing Moore and his campaign have sent letters to news organizations, including AL.com and The Post, warning that they are preparing to file suit against the outlets for “making false reports.”

Young said he doesn’t know who is responsible for messages from fake Post reporters, but he suggested that it might be the newspaper itself: “Who says you all aren’t paying someone to do that? Go pay more people to say stuff. It’s a waste of money because people here know Judge Moore and we know he does believe in a Christian God, so that fake stuff doesn’t work with us.”

Campaigns and their supporters have always defended themselves against allegations of wrongdoing, but the range and effect of tactics used to push back against damaging news articles has metastasized in this era of polarized politics and social media.

Responding to controversy with alternative narratives, conspiracy theories and attacks on the messengers is as American as the half-century of anguished debate over who really killed John F. Kennedy or the midnight mullings over what really happened in the skies over Area 51. Skepticism morphs into disbelief, and those who are inclined to mistrust authority latch onto notions that may seem fantastic.

What Republicans are saying about the sexual misconduct allegations against Roy Moore
View Photos A chorus of Republicans has called on Senate candidate Moore to withdraw from a special election in Alabama if allegations prove true that the former judge initiated a sexual encounter with a 14-year-old girl nearly four decades ago.
This long-standing tradition is hypermagnified by the speed and ease of Twitter, Facebook and other social media platforms, where any user can post “alternative facts” in the same format as verified reporting.

The latest struggle over what to believe follows The Post’s investigation, published last week, in which four women said Moore pursued them when they were teenagers. The youngest of the women, Leigh Corfman, said Moore initiated a sexual encounter with her in 1979, when she was 14 and he was 32. A fifth woman came forward this week, saying Moore sexually assaulted her in the 1970s when she was 16.

An Alabama pastor named Al Moore — no relation to the candidate — received a voice mail Tuesday from “Bernie Bernstein,” who identified himself as a Post reporter and said he was looking for women “between the ages of 54 to 57 years old willing to make damaging remarks about candidate Roy Moore for a reward of between $5,000 and $7,000.” The voice mail, which showed up on caller ID as a “private number,” concluded with a phony email address purportedly at The Post.

Al Moore said he could tell right away that the call was fake. He let a local TV station know about the call because “it’s important that we let the public know how ugly this thing has gotten.”

Al Moore said he hasn’t decided whether to believe the allegations against Roy Moore.

“I’m a pastor and I’m conservative, and so is Roy Moore, but I’m not dumb,” Al Moore said. “I’m on the fence until we know more. But the thing that bothered me is that someone is so adamant to bury this guy out there, that they would even attempt to do this.”

The caller referred to himself as “Bernie” but later gave his email address as “Al Bernstein.” (Al Moore tried to respond to the email address, but his message bounced back as undeliverable.) There are no Post reporters or editors named Bernie Bernstein or Al Bernstein.

The Post’s executive editor, Martin Baron, said the call was bogus.

“The response to our meticulously reported story about Roy Moore has been a stunning level of deceit, deception and dirty tricks,” Baron said. “The Moore campaign and others have lied about our motives and lied about our methods. And at least one individual — we’re still not sure who — has also pretended to be a Post journalist so as to falsely portray our journalistic practices.”

A Moore campaign spokesman, John Rogers, did not respond to questions about the various threats. He told WKRG, an Alabama TV station, that he had not heard about any robo-calls.

Roy Moore’s wife, Kayla, complained in a Facebook post Wednesday that “the Washington Post is calling and harassing anyone that has had any contact with me, my husband, and other family members.” She referred to a real Post reporter who was reporting an article about Kayla Moore and had sent requests for information to possible sources.

“The Washington Post is working on a profile of Kayla Moore, not unlike other stories we’ve done about spouses of high-profile candidates,” Post spokeswoman Kris Coratti said. “As part of that reporting, The Post has reached out to many people by phone, email and through social media.” Coratti called the reporter’s message “a straightforward, respectful request for an interview.”

On social media, veterans of past attacks on news reporting have rallied around Moore. Mike Cernovich, a prominent critic of what he calls the “fake news media,” tweeted that “sexual harassment is the new race card and many GOP men will be falsely accused.”

“Someone is lying on” Roy Moore, a user tweeted under the name Marion Talley, claiming that Corfman was older than she has said she was at the time of her encounter with Moore. Talley declared defending Moore to be a matter of loyalty, akin to sticking with Donald Trump after the release last fall of an “Access Hollywood” tape in which he boasts of grabbing women by their genitals.

“When they played the infamous pussy tape, I didn’t quit Trump. Not when HE was accused,” the Talley account tweeted. “No one should quit Roy Moore. This is the same thing by the same people.”

Much of the pushback from the right has focused on trying to discredit The Post’s reporting about Moore. Breitbart quoted its chairman, Stephen K. Bannon, the former White House chief strategist, calling reports about Moore a “weaponized hit” organized by the news media and the Republican establishment. Breitbart published an article quoting Corfman’s mother saying that a Post reporter had persuaded her daughter to tell her story — as if that ordinary aspect of news reporting were somehow improper.

Gateway Pundit, a right-wing site, spread a story from a Twitter account, @umpire43, that said, “A family friend in Alabama just told my wife that a [Washington Post] reporter named Beth offer her $1,000 to accuse Roy Moore.” The Post, like many other news organizations, has a strict policy against paying sources for information.

The @umpire43 account, which has since been deleted, had 18,000 followers and operated under the name “Doug Lewis #MAGA.” The account has a history of spreading misinformation, such as its claim last fall that Huma Abedin, vice chair of Hillary Clinton’s presidential campaign, was about to be indicted. That never happened.

The account’s operator offered often-shifting strands of autobiography, claiming at various points to have been a Navy veteran, an associate of former White House chief of staff Reince Priebus, an owner of a polling firm, and a baseball umpire. The Daily Beast reported that several of the employers that “Doug Lewis” claimed to have worked for had no record of such a person.

A spokesman for Twitter would not comment on @umpire43 but said “we carefully review all reported possible violations of the Twitter rules and take action as appropriate.”

The text messages that threatened Usry with a defamation lawsuit came from a phone number that was created on Tuesday, used to send seven texts, and was then shut down Wednesday after inquiries from a Post reporter, according to Bandwidth.com, a North Carolina company that generates temporary phone numbers for apps such as Burner.

Bandwidth’s chief executive, David Morken, who served on Trump’s transition team for the Federal Communications Commission, said he was unaware of the texts. He said the number the texts were sent from appeared to be one of his company’s 52 million phone numbers. After The Post provided Bandwidth with the number used in the Alabama case, Morken said his company determined that the texts were unwanted and harassing, and shut down the phone number.

He said Bandwidth’s privacy policy prevented him from identifying who had set up the account.

Aaron C. Davis, Herman Wong and Alice Crites contributed to this report.
https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics ... 9890fa51fa
Don’t forget that.
seemslikeadream

Postby seemslikeadream » Thu Nov 16, 2017 5:36 pm

ETHICS INVESTIGATION FOR EVERYONE!

TWITTER

News Anchor: "I accept Al Franken's apology."

Okay I realize that her acceptance of his apology makes the story no longer about Al or her.

The Al Franken story is attention-grabbing. But I think the secret House sex harassment settlements--authorized by whom, using what legal and fact-finding processes, known to whom else?--have the potential to be more explosive. And have there been no similar cases in the Senate?

No question ethics investigation of Franken called for; as ethicist, welcome it.
BUT PLEASE, NO FALSE EQUIVALENCE.
1. Moore: denies allegations and threatens to sue
2. Trump: same.
3. Franken: apologizes & calls for independent investigation
Here, 1+2 does not equal 3

What the hell is going on with Breitbart and pedophilia? First their senior editor defends sex between adult men and 13-year-old boys. Now their editor is trying to defend Roy Moore, a man accused of sexually molesting a 14-year-old girl. Seriously, can someone explain this?

Roger Stone tweeted about a Franken scandal BEFORE she said anything, right? And the photo's photographer has said the photo was staged and she was in on it. And she is a Hannity supporter. His hands are NOT touching her (still icky) but all these points are fishy.

Al Franken's accuser Leeann Tweeden just happens to be a conservative Republican who donated to McCain-Palin vs Obama in 2008.

And apparently Roger Stone was in on the accusation.

She’s obviously not sleeping and he’s not touching her. But it’s a stupid photo and he may have badgered her for a kiss so it will be used against him. Time for men to act grown up. No equivalence to raping a child.

Nothing to see here. Move along.

Franken called for an ethics investigation himself. Hardly the actions of a guilty man. Guilty men deny and point fingers at others.

Franken apologized immediately to sole accuser and welcomed an investigation.
Moore called all accusers liars and won't quit the race

yes molesters usually want their picture taken while committing a crime :roll:

at the end of the day Franken made a mistake , admitted it...apologized end of story...no serial rapest....no serial molester

I believe what the lady said ...I believe what Franken said..end of story

INVESTIGATE THE WHOLE FUCKING SENATE..... fine by me

DEMOCRATS admit what they have done and immediately apologize ...republicans say I did nothing wrong

THAT'S THE FUCKING DIFFERENCE....Mac and Rory want to talk about Democrats dicks...be my guest...go for it!

I am waiting patiently for someone to suck trump's dick so we can impeach him

back to real abusers ...real sexual predators ...real child molesters

New Roy Moore accuser: 'He didn't pinch it; he grabbed it'

Updated Nov 15, 4:57 PM; Posted Nov 15, 4:20 PM

Tina Johnson with her son, about six years before she met Moore at his Gadsden office. (Courtesy of Tina Johnson)

By Anna Claire Vollers avollers@al.com
A Gadsden woman says Roy Moore groped her while she was in his law office on legal business with her mother in 1991. Moore was married at that time.

In the past week, Moore has been accused by five other women of a range of behaviors that include sexual misconduct with a woman when she was 14, and sexual assault of another when she was 16. This is the first public accusation of physical contact that happened after Moore was married.

In recent days, Moore has publicly denied any wrongdoing, and has denied knowing some of the women.

Tina Johnson

In interviews with AL.com, Tina Johnson recalls that in the fall of 1991 she sat in the law office of then-attorney Roy Moore on Third Street in Gadsden. Her mother, Mary Katherine Cofield, sat in the chair next to her. Moore sat behind his desk, across from them. Johnson remembers she was wearing a black and white dress.

Almost from the moment she walked in to Moore's office, Johnson said, Moore began flirting with her.

"He kept commenting on my looks, telling me how pretty I was, how nice I looked," recalled Johnson. "He was saying that my eyes were beautiful."

It made her uncomfortable. "I was thinking, can we hurry up and get out of here?"

Johnson was 28 years old, in a difficult marriage headed toward divorce, and unemployed. She was at the office to sign over custody of her 12-year-old son to her mother, with whom he'd been living. Her mother had hired Moore to handle the custody petition.

Johnson had two young daughters at the time with her then-husband, and her son said he wanted to live with his grandmother.

At one point during the meeting, she said, Moore came around the desk and sat on the front of it, just inches from her. He was so close, she said, she could smell his breath.

According to Johnson, he asked questions about her young daughters, including what color eyes they had and if they were as pretty as she was. She said that made her feel uncomfortable, too.

Once the papers were signed, she and her mother got up to leave. After her mother walked through the door first, she said, Moore came up behind her.

It was at that point, she recalled, he grabbed her buttocks.

"He didn't pinch it; he grabbed it," said Johnson. She was so surprised she didn't say anything. She didn't tell her mother.

She said she told her sister years later how Moore had made her feel uncomfortable during that meeting. Her sister told AL.com she remembers the conversation.

Johnson reached out to AL.com earlier this week to talk about her experience with Moore.

AL.com located the court documents from 1991, detailing the custody transfer. Cofield's petition for custody is signed by Roy S. Moore, attorney. It lists his address as 924 Third Avenue, Gadsden.

Johnson has had ups and downs in her life, both before and after she met Moore. She has pled guilty to writing bad checks, and for third-degree theft of property, which she said stemmed from family disagreement over the care of her late stepfather.

Since marrying her husband, Morris Johnson, in 2010, she said she has been working to improve her life.

"I'm not perfect," she said. "I have things in my background and I know (the public) will jump on anything, but (what happened with Moore) is still the truth, and the truth will stand when the world won't."

Johnson, who is now disabled, considers herself a devout Christian and regularly attends a church near her home in Gadsden. She said she is not political and doesn't follow politics. She said she has not spoken with Moore since that day in his office, and does not know any of the five other women who have come forward with accusations against him.

"This is not a politics thing with me," she said. "It's more of a moral and religious thing." It has bothered her over the years to see Moore on TV, talking about his Christian faith.

She wanted to come forward publicly now, she said, because it's hard for victims of harassment to talk openly about their experiences.

"I want people to know that it's OK to finally say something," she said. "I guess I'm ashamed I didn't say nothing, didn't turn around and slap him."

A spokesperson for the Roy Moore campaign contacted in advance had not given AL.com a response by publication time.

'All the time'

In 1982, Kelly Harrison Thorp was working as a hostess at the Red Lobster restaurant in Gadsden. She was 17 years old and a high school senior.

One day Roy Moore came into the restaurant, and she recognized him.

"He was a public figure in this small town," she said of Moore, who at the time was in his early 30s and the deputy district attorney for Etowah County. Later that year he would mount an unsuccessful campaign for circuit court judge.

Thorp said Moore asked her if she'd go out with him sometime.

"I just kind of said, 'Do you know how old I am?'" she recalled.

"And he said, 'Yeah. I go out with girls your age all the time.'"

Thorp said she turned him down and told him she had a boyfriend. She said he then walked away.

Thorp said she later told a family member but did not tell the story publicly. She moved away from Gadsden the following year, and has just recently moved back.

Thorp knows one of Moore's accusers, Leigh Corfman, who told The Washington Post that Moore had a sexual encounter with her when she was 14. Thorp believes Corfman's story and said she is proud of her for telling it publicly.

In an interview on Sean Hannity's radio show last Friday, Moore said he did not "generally" date girls in their late teens when he was in his early 30s.

"If I did, you know, I'm not going to dispute anything," he said, "but I don't remember anything like that."

Why now

As more GOP leaders - including Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell - are calling for Moore to step aside, he has given no indication he plans to do so. He still has a lead in most polls.

One question often levied at the accusers is why they didn't come forward publicly before now, a month away from the special election for Alabama senator. Moore has been a public and often controversial figure in Alabama politics for decades.

It's an issue both Johnson and Thorp wanted to address.

Thorp said local women have not spoken publicly against Moore before now because he had power in town and in the state, and they didn't think they would be believed.

"Everybody knew it wouldn't matter," she said, "that he would get elected anyway because his supporters are never going to believe anything bad about him."

Johnson said the answer was even more simple.

"It's because somebody asked," she said. "If anybody had asked, we would have told it. No one asked."
http://www.al.com/news/index.ssf/2017/1 ... didnt.html

BAD LOOK

Trump Supporting Ex-Judge Arrested for Child Sex Crime

A local chairman for the president’s campaign in Kentucky has been charged with several crimes related to a minor.

GABY DEL VALLE
04.24.17 2:46 PM ET
A former Kentucky judge who served as a local chair for Donald Trump’s presidential campaign was arrested Friday on sex trafficking charges.

Tim Nolan, 70, was charged with human trafficking and unlawful transaction with a minor, according to a press release from Kentucky Attorney General Andy Beshear. Nolan allegedly provided a minor with alcohol—and subjected a minor to commercial sexual activity, according to court papers first obtained by the River City News.

The alleged trafficking occurred between July and August 2016 when he was serving as Campbell County chairman for Trump’s campaign.

In June, Nolan sued GOPFacts.org for publishing a picture of a man who they claimed was Nolan dressed in Ku Klux Klan robes. Nolan had originally posted the picture on his personal Facebook with the caption “Comn [sic] out to the Rabbit Hole and join the clan” but quickly deleted it, the Cincinnati Enquirer reported. In a suit, Nolan said the picture wasn’t him but rather a friend posing as a joke.

“It’s a joke in the neighborhood because every year [the friend] dresses up as a Klansman and he has two black grandchildren that he loves to death,” Nolan’s attorney said at the time. The Trump campaign kept Nolan on after the KKK incident.

Judges who know Nolan are puzzled by the sex allegations, the Enquirer reports.

“I can’t imagine what he did,” retired family court attorney Mickey Foellger told the paper. Folleger worked as an attorney in the Campbell County attorney’s office during the same years that Nolan served as a judge.

“I don’t want to speculate. It’s mind-boggling that he would be with an underage girl.”

Nolan won a school board seat in Campbell County, Kentucky last November after running on a platform of giving families “school choice vouchers” for and eliminating property tax funding for public schools.

“We are immensely troubled and saddened to hear of the arrest of Mr. Nolan and grieve for those impacted. Campbell County Schools’ leadership is currently monitoring this situation and working to determine next steps,” the school board told The Daily Beast in a statement. “We ask the community for your continued confidence in our commitment to each and every child as we work to provide them with the highest quality education in a safe and secure setting.”

Nolan’s case is being handled in nearby Boone County to avoid any potential conflicts of interest. Nolan’s daughter, Taunya Nolan Jack, is a current Campbell County circuit clerk. After the investigation against Nolan was announced, Campbell district judge Karen Thomas recused all of the county’s district judges and appointed Elizabeth Chandler, a judge from another county.

Nolan served as a district judge in Campbell County in the 1970s and ‘80s and remained a fixture in local politics after leaving the bench. Nolan served as chairman of Trump’s campaign in Campbell County and was part of a group of local Republicans who unsuccessfully tried to remove Mitch McConnell from the Kentucky delegation.

On Friday, Judge Chandler lowered Nolan’s original $50,000 bond on Friday and ordered him to wear an electronic ankle monitor and stay at least 1,000 feet away from the alleged victim and her family, WKRC Cincinnati reported. He has a preliminary hearing scheduled for May 5.
https://www.thedailybeast.com/trump-sup ... -sex-crime
Last edited by seemslikeadream on Thu Nov 16, 2017 6:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Don’t forget that.
seemslikeadream

Postby Cordelia » Thu Nov 16, 2017 6:39 pm

MacCruiskeen » Thu Nov 16, 2017 7:26 pm wrote:How do you get away with it?

Good question. :shrug:
The greatest sin is to be unconscious. ~ Carl Jung

We may not choose the parameters of our destiny. But we give it its content. ~ Dag Hammarskjold 'Waymarks'
Cordelia

Postby seemslikeadream » Thu Nov 16, 2017 6:40 pm

get away with what?

what are you accusing me of Cordelia?
Don’t forget that.
seemslikeadream

Postby Cordelia » Thu Nov 16, 2017 6:56 pm

Reams of C&P. Offensive photos, posted again and again, Cap. enlarged letters........

With all due respect SLAD, it's really not okay.
The greatest sin is to be unconscious. ~ Carl Jung

We may not choose the parameters of our destiny. But we give it its content. ~ Dag Hammarskjold 'Waymarks'
Cordelia

Postby seemslikeadream » Thu Nov 16, 2017 6:57 pm

alright then ...good bye
Don’t forget that.
seemslikeadream

Postby Blue » Thu Nov 16, 2017 6:58 pm

This subject sure has brought out the enablers, slad.

It's really stupid when it devolves into comparisons of republicans vs democrats who are sexually abusing females when the whole fucking point is that MEN IN POWER are and have been abusing females FOREVER and the women aren't going to take it any more!

This has become a groundswell and I hope every fuckin predator dick who thinks he's king gets brought down BIG TIME. Loses his status, career, money.
Blue

Postby MacCruiskeen » Thu Nov 16, 2017 7:25 pm

Blue » Thu Nov 16, 2017 5:58 pm wrote:
It's really stupid when it devolves into comparisons of republicans vs democrats who are sexually abusing females when the whole fucking point is that MEN IN POWER are and have been abusing females FOREVER

True. It's really stupid.

seemslikeadream » Thu Nov 16, 2017 4:36 pm wrote:
DEMOCRATS admit what they have done and immediately apologize ...republicans say I did nothing wrong

THAT'S THE FUCKING DIFFERENCE....Mac and Rory want to talk about Democrats dicks...be my guest...go for it!

I am waiting patiently for someone to suck trump's dick so we can impeach him

back to real abusers ...real sexual predators ...real child molesters
"Ich kann gar nicht so viel fressen, wie ich kotzen möchte." - Max Liebermann,, Berlin, 1933

"Science is the belief in the ignorance of experts." - Richard Feynman, NYC, 1966

TESTDEMIC ➝ "CASE"DEMIC
MacCruiskeen

Postby 82_28 » Fri Nov 17, 2017 6:39 am

I have always been bummed about Al Franken being seemingly pro-war. By that I mean, "entertaining" "our troops" as they figuratively and literally drew a paycheck and hollow compliments of gratitude for doing nothing other than being too stupid to recognize the capriciousness of war crimes. That bummed me out. We could have used a voice like him when war is what we were trying to stop, trying to wake people up to the obvious misery and fear they were going to do to others. He didn't so that's that. Anyhow, as we are all no longer worried about the fact of endless war and are now desensitized to mass murders (with or without weird questions as to international conspiracy), let us now move onto women finally becoming empowered. Let us hash tag the fuck out of this. Oh wait. What is this, some old news that us few souls here reading this could spend all day and all night #endlesswar #ussoldiersrapeiraqiinnocents #afghanistantoo -ing and it would never ever "catch on"? Ever.

Sooo, in 2006, the year of this "first world problems" act against a woman that pro-war (but decent domestically) Al Franken done did, one can find this bit of information that probably most of us here read, knew/know about, felt existentially sick from, that the "conflict reporting" journalists and experts and pretty anchors never had the freedom to make known far and wide. Are they that stupid, dense, craven, dishonest, scared to actually report the truths about war, about coerced capitalist violence inflicted upon the poor and innocent of planet Earth? Of course, this is just one of many extant examples. Who knows how much has been flushed down memory holes and how much has been lost having not been transcribed as the acts occurred or did not live to tell?

Tomgram: Ruth Rosen on Sexual Terrorism and Iraqi Women
Posted by Tom Engelhardt at 10:12am, July 13, 2006.
Follow TomDispatch on Twitter @TomDispatch.

. . .

In a similar way, the now highly publicized rape and murder of an Iraqi girl by American soldiers focuses attention on one horrifying case of sexual terrorism, but not on the larger issue of what has actually happened to the majority of Iraqi women in the wake of the American invasion and occupation of their country. Ruth Rosen, a former columnist for the San Francisco Chronicle and the Los Angeles Times, as well as the author of a superb history of the modern women's movement, The World Split Open, explores this distinctly under-reported but crucial topic: What, in fact, has the Bush administration's "liberation" of Iraqi women meant since 2003? Tom

The Hidden War on Women in Iraq By Ruth Rosen

Abu Ghraib. Haditha. Guantanamo. These are words that shame our country. Now, add to them Mahmudiya, a town 20 miles south of Baghdad. There, this March, a group of five American soldiers allegedly were involved in the rape and murder of Abeer Qassim Hamza, a young Iraqi girl. Her body was then set on fire to cover up their crimes, her father, mother, and sister murdered. The rape of this one girl, if proven true, is probably not simply an isolated incident. But how would we know? In Iraq, rape is a taboo subject. Shamed by the rape, relatives of this girl wouldn't even hold a public funeral and were reluctant to reveal where she is buried.

Like women everywhere, Iraqi women have always been vulnerable to rape. But since the American invasion of their country, the reported incidence of sexual terrorism has accelerated markedly. -- and this despite the fact that few Iraqi women are willing to report rapes either to Iraqi officials or to occupation forces, fearing to bring dishonor upon their families. In rural areas, female rape victims may also be vulnerable to "honor killings" in which male relatives murder them in order to restore the family's honor. "For women in Iraq," Amnesty International concluded in a 2005 report, "the stigma frequently attached to the victims instead of the perpetrators of sexual crimes makes reporting such abuses especially daunting."

This specific rape of one Iraqi girl, however, is now becoming symbolic of the way the Bush administration has violated Iraq's honor; Prime Minister Nouri al-Maliki has already launched an inquest into the crime. In an administration that normally doesn't know the meaning of an apology, the American ambassador, Zalmay Khalilzad, and the top American commander in Iraq, Gen. George W. Casey Jr., both publicly apologized. In a fierce condemnation, the Muslim Scholars Association in Iraq denounced the crime: "This act, committed by the occupying soldiers, from raping the girl to mutilating her body and killing her family, should make all humanity feel ashamed."

Shame, yes, but that is hardly sufficient. After all, rape is now considered a war crime by the International Criminal Court.

It wasn't always that way. Soldiers have long viewed women as the spoils of war, even when civilian or military leaders condemned such behavior, but in the early 1990s, a new international consensus began to emerge on the act of rape. Prodded by an energized global women's movement, the General Assembly of the United Nations passed a Declaration on the Elimination of Violence Against Women in 1993. Subsequent statutes in the International Criminal Tribunals for the Former Yugoslavia and for Rwanda, as well as the Rome Statute for the International Criminal Court in July 2002, all defined rape as a crime against humanity or a war crime.

No one accuses American soldiers of running through the streets of Iraq, raping women as an instrument of war against the insurgents (though such acts are what caused three Bosnian soldiers, for the first time in history, to be indicted in 2001 for the war crime of rape).

Still, the invasion and occupation of Iraq has had the effect of humiliating, endangering, and repressing Iraqi women in ways that have not been widely publicized in the mainstream media: As detainees in prisons run by Americans, they have been sexually abused and raped; as civilians, they have been kidnapped, raped, and then sometimes sold for prostitution; and as women -- and, in particular, as among the more liberated women in the Arab world -- they have increasingly disappeared from public life, many becoming shut-ins in their own homes.

Rape and sexual humiliation in prisons

The scandal of prisoner abuse at Abu Ghraib focused on the torture, sexual abuse, and humiliation of Iraqi men. A variety of sources suggest that female prisoners suffered similar treatment, including rape.

Few Americans probably realize that the American-run prison at Abu Ghraib also held female detainees. Some of them were arrested by Americans for political reasons -- because they were relatives of Baathist leaders or because the occupying forces thought they could use them as bargaining chips to force male relatives to inform on insurgents or give themselves up.

According to a Human Rights Watch report, the secrecy surrounding female detentions "resulted from a collusion of the families and the occupying forces." Families feared social stigma; the occupying forces feared condemnation by human rights groups and anger from Iraqis who saw such treatment of women by foreigners as a special act of violation.

On the condition of anonymity and in great fear, some female detainees nevertheless did speak with human rights workers after being released from detention. They have described beatings, torture, and isolation. Like their male counterparts, they reserve their greatest bitterness for sexual humiliations suffered in American custody. Nearly all female detainees reported being threatened with rape. Some women were interrogated naked and subjected to derision and humiliating remarks by soldiers.

The British Guardian reported that one female prisoner managed to smuggle a note out of Abu Ghraib. She claimed that American guards were raping the few female detainees held in the prison and that some of them were now pregnant. In desperation, she urged the Iraqi resistance to bomb the jail in order to spare the women further shame.

Amal Kadham Swadi, one of seven Iraqi female attorneys attempting to represent imprisoned women, told the Guardian that only one woman she met with was willing to speak about rape. "She was crying. She told us she had been raped. Several American soldiers had raped her. She had tried to fight them off, and they had hurt her arm. She showed us the stitches. She told us, 'We have daughters and husbands. For God's sake don't tell anyone about this.'"

Professor Huda Shaker, a political scientist at Baghdad University, also told the Guardian that women in Abu Ghraib have been sexually abused and raped. She identified one woman, in particular, who was raped by an American military policeman, became pregnant, and later disappeared.

Professor Shaker added, "A female colleague of mine was arrested and taken there. When I asked her after she was released what happened at Abu Ghraib, she started crying. Ladies here are afraid and shy of talking about such subjects. They say everything is OK. Even in a very advanced society in the west it is very difficult to talk about rape."

Shaker, herself, encountered a milder form of sexual abuse at the hands of one American soldier. At a checkpoint, she said, an American soldier "pointed the laser sight [of his gun] directly in the middle of my chest Then he pointed to his penis. He told me, 'Come here, bitch, I'm going to fuck you.'"

Writing from Baghdad, Luke Hardin of the Guardian reported that at Abu Ghraib journalists have been forbidden from talking to female detainees, who are cloistered in tiny windowless cells. Senior US military officers who have escorted journalists around Abu Ghraib, however, have admitted that rapes of women took place in the cellblock where 19 "high-value" male detainees were also being held. Asked how such abuse could have happened, Colonel Dave Quantock, now in charge of the prison's detention facilities, responded, "I don't know. It's all about leadership. Apparently it wasn't there."

No one should be surprised that women detainees, like male ones, were subjected to sexual abuse at Abu Ghraib. Think of the photographs we've already seen from that prison. If acts of ritual humiliation could be used to "soften up" men, then the rape of female detainees is hardly unimaginable.

But how can we be sure? In January, 2004, Lt. Gen. Ricardo Sanchez, the senior U.S. military official in Iraq, ordered Maj. Gen. Antonio M. Taguba to investigate persistent allegations of human rights abuses at Abu Ghraib. The Taguba Report confirmed that in at least one instance a U.S. military policeman had raped at least one female prisoner and that guards had videotaped and photographed naked female detainees. Seymour Hersh also reported in a 2004 issue of the New Yorker magazine that these secret photos and videos, most of which still remain under wraps by the Pentagon, show American soldiers "having sex with a female Iraqi prisoner." Additional photos have made their way to the web sites of Afterdowningstreet.org and Salon.com. In one photograph, a woman is raising her shirt, baring her breasts, presumably as she was ordered to do.

The full range of pictures and videotapes are likely to show a great deal more. Members of Congress who viewed all the pictures and videotapes from Abu Ghraib seemed genuinely shaken and sickened by what they saw. Senate Majority Leader Bill Frist, R-Tenn called them "appalling;" then-Senate Minority Leader Tom Daschle described them as "horrific." Ever since the scandal broke in April 2004, human rights and civil liberties groups have been engaged in a legal battle with the Department of Defense, demanding that it release the rest of the visual documents. Only when all those documents are available to the general public will we have a clearer -- and undoubtedly more ghastly -- record of the sexual acts forced upon both female and male detainees.

Sexual Terrorism on the Streets

Meanwhile, the chaos of the war has also led to a rash of kidnappings and rapes of women outside of prison walls. After interviewing rape and abduction victims, as well as eyewitnesses, Iraqi police and health professionals, and U.S. military police and civil affairs officers, Human Rights Watch released a report in July, 2003, titled Climate of Fear: Sexual Violence and Abduction of Women and Girls in Baghdad. Only months after Baghdad fell to U.S. forces, they had already learned of twenty-five credible allegations of the rape and/or abduction of Iraqi women. Not surprisingly, the report found that "police officers gave low priority to allegations of sexual violence and abduction, that the police were under-resourced, and that victims of sexual violence confronted indifference and sexism from Iraqi law enforcement personnel." Since then, as chaos, violence, and bloodletting have descended on Iraq, matters have only gotten worse.

After the American invasion, local gangs began roaming Baghdad, snatching girls and women from the street. Interviews with human rights investigators have produced some horrifying stories. Typical was nine-year-old "Saba A." who was abducted from the stairs of the building where she lives, taken to an abandoned building nearby, and raped. A family friend who saw Saba A. immediately following the rape told Human Rights Watch:

"She was sitting on the stairs, here, at 4:00 p.m. It seems to me that probably he hit her on the back of the head with a gun and then took her to [a neighboring] building. She came back fifteen minutes later, bleeding [from the vaginal area]. [She was still bleeding two days later, so] we took her to the hospital."

The medical report by the U.S. military doctor who treated Saba A. "documented bruising in the vaginal area, a posterior vaginal tear, and a broken hymen."

In 2005, Amnesty International also interviewed abducted women. The story of "Asma," a young engineer, was representative. She was shopping with her mother, sister, and a male relative when six armed men forced her into a car and drove her to a farmhouse outside the city. They repeatedly raped her. A day later, the men drove her to her neighborhood and pushed her out of the car.

As recently as June 2006, Mayada Zhaair, spokeswoman for the Women's Rights Association, a local NGO, reported, "We've observed an increase in the number of women being sexually abused and raped in the past four months, especially in the capital."

No one knows how many abducted women have never returned. As one Iraqi police inspector testified, "Some gangs specialize in kidnapping girls, they sell them to Gulf countries. This happened before the war too, but now it is worse, they can get in and out without passports." Others interviewed by Human Rights Watch argued that such trafficking in women had not occurred before the invasion.

The U.S. State Department's June 2005 report on the trafficking of women suggested that the extent of the problem in Iraq is "difficult to appropriately gauge" under current chaotic circumstances, but cited an unknown number of Iraqi women and girls being sent to Yemen, Syria, Jordan, and Persian Gulf countries for sexual exploitation.

In May 2006, Brian Bennett wrote in Time Magazine that a visit to "the Khadamiyah Women's Prison in the northern part of Baghdad immediately produces several tales of abduction and abandonment. A stunning 18-year-old nicknamed Amna, her black hair pulled back in a ponytail, says she was taken from an orphanage by an armed gang just after the US invasion and sent to brothels in Samarra, al-Qaim on the border with Syria, and Mosul in the north before she was taken back to Baghdad, drugged with pills, dressed in a suicide belt and sent to bomb a cleric's office in Khadamiyah, where she turned herself in to the police. A judge gave her a seven-year jail sentence 'for her sake' to protect her from the gang, according to the prison director."

"Families and courts," Bennett reported, "are usually so shamed by the disappearance [and presumed rape] of a daughter that they do not report these kidnappings. And the resulting stigma of compromised chastity is such that even if the girl should resurface, she may never be taken back by her relations."

Disappearing women

To avoid such dangers, countless Iraqi women have become shut-ins in their own homes. Historian Marjorie Lasky has described this situation in "Iraqi Women Under Siege," a 2006 report for Codepink, an anti-war women's organization. Before the war, she points out, many educated Iraqi women participated fully in the work force and in public life. Now, many of them rarely go out. They fear kidnap and rape; they are terrified of getting caught in the cross-fire between Americans and insurgents; they are frightened by sectarian reprisals; and they are scared of Islamic militants who intimidate or beat them if they are not "properly covered."

"In the British-occupied south," Terri Judd reported in the British Independent,"where Muqtada al-Sadr's Mehdi's Army retains a stranglehold, women insist the situation is at its worst. Here they are forced to live behind closed doors only to emerge, concealed behind scarves, hidden behind husbands and fathers. Even wearing a pair of trousers is considered an act of defiance, punishable by death."

Invisible women -- for some Iraqi fundamentalist Islamic leaders, this is a dream come true. The Ministry of the Interior, for example, recently issued notices warning women not to go out on their own. "This is a Muslim country and any attack on a woman's modesty is also an attack on our religious beliefs," said Salah Ali, a senior ministry official. Religious leaders in both Sunni and Shiite mosques have used their sermons to persuade their largely male congregations to keep working women at home. "These incidents of abuse just prove what we have been saying for so long," said Sheikh Salah Muzidin, an imam at a mosque in Baghdad. "That it is the Islamic duty of women to stay in their homes, looking after their children and husbands rather than searching for work---especially with the current lack of security in the country."

In the early 1970s, American feminists redefined rape and argued that it was an act driven not by sexual lust, but by a desire to exercise power over another person. Rape, they argued, was an act of terrorism that kept all women from claiming their right to public space. That is precisely what has happened to Iraqi women since the American invasion of Iraq. Sexual terrorism coupled with religious zealotry has stolen their right to claim their place in public life.

This, then, is a hidden part of the unnecessary suffering loosed by the reckless invasion of Iraq. Amid the daily explosions and gunfire that make the papers is a wave of sexual terrorism, whose exact dimensions we have no way of knowing, and that no one here notices, unleashed by the Bush administration in the name of exporting "democracy" and fighting "the war on terror."

http://www.tomdispatch.com/post/101034/

So this is what Franken is in trouble over? Some hot shot right wing LA radio host broad freaked out over probably the tamest bullshit ever and stewed over something so explainable, I would be embarrassed to have it become rage du jour. Yeah, no. She didn't give a fuck -- her reputation rises -- Franken's is understandably in the dump. As I suspected to begin with, that it had Roger Stone's filthy mitts all over it, I check out FB and yeah, of course he had everything to do with it. Imagine being lumped into the same ethical pool as a genuine dangerous idiot in Roy Moore.

All that said, they were there entertaining accomplices in a vastly greater crime that has utterly nothing to do with this dog whistle of a time while literally everything, kind of sort of, depends upon (as I said, at least on the domestic front) one Mr. Franken stepping in and somehow hindering, for the time being the complete destruction of what passes for freedom and fairness in the USA. Nothing like putting an honest person on the defense for something far smaller than the glaring systemic rot.
There is no me. There is no you. There is all. There is no you. There is no me. And that is all. A profound acceptance of an enormous pageantry. A haunting certainty that the unifying principle of this universe is love. -- Propagandhi
82_28

Postby 8bitagent » Fri Nov 17, 2017 7:08 am

So what we learned in 2017: Both the Republican Party **AND** the Liberal/Left/Hollywood side are literally crawling with violent sickening sex predators and pedos. Breitbart/Fox/etc are correct in pointing out the predator pedo sickfucks in the Democrat Party and Hollywood, and the left is correct in pointing out the sickfuck pedos and abusers on the Republican side. Including yes both "God Emperor" Trump and "First Black President" Clinton. Both rapist Epstein cohort besties

the Hypocrisy is palpable. And...yet neither side sees the goddamn irony.

I mean Hillary Clintons top managers had pedofile predators close to them(Anthony Weiner to Huma Abadein, and Tony Podesta to John Podesta) plus the rape claims against Bill Clinton.

Why the fuck are both sides so hypocritical? People are getting sick of these team sports.

Roy Moore, Bill Clinton, Anthony Weiner, Mark Foley, Weinstein, Spacey, Lawrence King III, Barney Frank's ex boyfriend, Joe Biden, Dennis Hastert, George HW Bush...and sadly now Al Fraken whom im heartbroken about

WHAT THE FUCK is the difference? When Nixon complained about the abuse at Bohemian Grove, we now know its BOTH sides of the aisle. These are all sick fucks in politics, and seeing people defend their left or right side is gross
"Do you know who I am? I am the arm, and I sound like this..."-man from another place, twin peaks fire walk with me
8bitagent

Postby minime » Fri Nov 17, 2017 12:18 pm

8bitagent » Fri Nov 17, 2017 6:08 am wrote:So what we learned in 2017: Both the Republican Party **AND** the Liberal/Left/Hollywood side are literally crawling with violent sickening sex predators and pedos. Breitbart/Fox/etc are correct in pointing out the predator pedo sickfucks in the Democrat Party and Hollywood, and the left is correct in pointing out the sickfuck pedos and abusers on the Republican side. Including yes both "God Emperor" Trump and "First Black President" Clinton. Both rapist Epstein cohort besties

the Hypocrisy is palpable. And...yet neither side sees the goddamn irony.

I mean Hillary Clintons top managers had pedofile predators close to them(Anthony Weiner to Huma Abadein, and Tony Podesta to John Podesta) plus the rape claims against Bill Clinton.

Why the fuck are both sides so hypocritical? People are getting sick of these team sports.

Roy Moore, Bill Clinton, Anthony Weiner, Mark Foley, Weinstein, Spacey, Lawrence King III, Barney Frank's ex boyfriend, Joe Biden, Dennis Hastert, George HW Bush...and sadly now Al Fraken whom im heartbroken about

WHAT THE FUCK is the difference? When Nixon complained about the abuse at Bohemian Grove, we now know its BOTH sides of the aisle. These are all sick fucks in politics, and seeing people defend their left or right side is gross

All. All. All. This is maybe your most egregious failure.
minime

Postby minime » Fri Nov 17, 2017 12:33 pm

It must be that emotional truth I've been hearing so much about here, though not so much lately.

And slad, you might relax a little. Any criticism directed your way is pretty friendly. Except for Mac maybe, and he just doesn't know any better.

BTW, I agree with Cordelia, although it bothers me none. I just keep moving.
minime

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion