America's Garden of Dicks

Moderators: Elvis, DrVolin, Jeff

Re: America's Garden of Dicks

Postby Rory » Sun Dec 17, 2017 3:59 pm

seemslikeadream » Sun Dec 17, 2017 11:44 am wrote:the dog edited my response

meow

SmartSelectImage_2017-12-17-11-57-54.jpg

:thumbsup
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Rory

Blog: View Blog (0)

Postby mentalgongfu2 » Sun Dec 17, 2017 4:08 pm

Oh, well if Doug Jones says we so, clearly we should all agree with him. Because reasons. That's sensible.

Edit: Also, wtf does Jared Fogle or whoever "wint" is have to do with anything in this thread?
Last edited by mentalgongfu2 on Sun Dec 17, 2017 4:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"When I'm done ranting about elite power that rules the planet under a totalitarian government that uses the media in order to keep people stupid, my throat gets parched. That's why I drink Orange Drink!"
mentalgongfu2

Postby seemslikeadream » Sun Dec 17, 2017 4:47 pm

Still waiting for you Rory to answer my question .....show me proof of your allegation.....I'm beginning to think you've been making things up again :thumbsup

sensible?.... :P

it would be sensible if he knew what he was commenting about

sensible would be verifying a statement instead of ignoring a demand for proof

kinda like throwing rumors around that someone is a rapist or that someone maybe a pedophile because there is no proof that he is not

Mazars and Deutsche Bank could have ended this nightmare before it started.
They could still get him out of office.
But instead, they want mass death.
Don’t forget that.
seemslikeadream

Blog: View Blog (83)

Postby seemslikeadream » Sun Dec 17, 2017 8:27 pm

trump's up for another nomination and then we have a new guy

Sen Corker supported the GOPTaxScam after language was added to let real estate developers like him exclude 20% of income via a pass through. Sen Cornyn confirmed it was done for Corker, who would pay millions less in taxes.

#corkerkickback

It appears the hashtag #corkerkickback is starting to trend. Here’s the story at the heart of it — please retweet to spread the story. Doesn’t matter if you love or hate the tax bill — this is information that needs to be out there.

Last-minute provision in GOP tax bill would benefit Trump, Corker: IBTimes
BY JOHN BOWDEN - 12/16/17 08:16 PM EST 285

Republicans unveil final version of tax bill

A last-minute addition to the GOP tax plan creates a new tax deduction that would potentially benefit both President Trump and Tennessee Sen. Bob Corker (R), who is seen as a swing vote on the Republican tax-reform plan.

The International Business Times reports that a provision added during the reconciliation process allows owners of income-producing real estate to take advantage of a 20 percent deduction for "pass-through" entities. The Senate version of the tax bill included rules that allowed the deduction to be claimed only by businesses that pay their employees significant wages.

The new provision effectively creates a new tax deduction for real estate moguls like Trump and Corker, who announced his support for the bill on Friday after it was added. According to the International Business Times, 13 GOP lawmakers could benefit from the provision.

Both Trump and Corker have made millions off of "pass-through" income, according to the International Business Times. Trump made between $41 million and $68 million from 25 "pass-through" businesses he owned in 2016, while Corker earned between $1.2 million and $7 million in rental income from his companies last year.

"I know every bill we consider is imperfect and the question becomes is our country better off with or without this piece of legislation. I think we are better off with it. I realize this is a bet on our country’s enterprising spirit, and that is a bet I am willing to make," Corker said in his statement explaining his support for the bill.

Democratic Sen. Chris Van Hollen (Md.) condemned his colleagues after learning about the provision, saying they are putting personal profit over the American people.

“Writing a tax bill that puts the very wealthy and special interests before working families was bad enough — but to slip in a last minute provision that could give even more of a windfall to people like President Trump and some Republicans in Congress is unconscionable,” the senator told the news outlet.

“It’s not too late for my colleagues to do the right thing. I urge them to put politics — and personal profit — aside, and stop this scam that will leave millions of middle class Americans paying more and cause the debt to skyrocket," he added.

Corker's spokesman denied that the senator knew about the provision before agreeing to vote for it, and added that he did not request any specific provisions before switching his vote to "yes." Corker was the only Republican senator to vote against the bill when it passed in a 2 a.m. session in early December.

“Senator Corker is not a member of the tax-writing committee and made no requests for specific provisions throughout this debate," a spokesman for Corker told the International Business Times.
http://thehill.com/policy/finance/36528 ... er-ibtimes
Don’t forget that.
seemslikeadream

Postby seemslikeadream » Mon Dec 18, 2017 5:43 pm

Don’t forget that.
seemslikeadream

Postby Burnt Hill » Mon Dec 18, 2017 7:32 pm

That cookie looks way more like Ajit Pai than Obama. Weird synchy dealio there.
Burnt Hill

Postby seemslikeadream » Wed Dec 20, 2017 5:59 am

Trump tried to ban these words — Americans shined a spotlight on them instead
By Caroline Orr |
DECEMBER 19, 2017
"Our message for the Trump-Pence administration is this: you cannot erase us."
Trump Hotel in DCHuman Rights Campaign
The Trump administration’s attempt to ban government agencies from using terms like “evidence-based,” “science-based,” and “diversity” backfired spectacularly Tuesday night, when activists projected the banned words across the front of Trump’s hotel in downtown DC.
The projection on the Trump International Hotel in DC included the seven words that the Trump administration reportedly told the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, along with other agencies within the Department of Health and Human Services, to stop using in official budget documents.
In addition to the seven banned words — “evidence-based,” “science-based,” “transgender,” “fetus,” “vulnerable,” “entitlement,” and “diversity” — activists also included a declaration of their own: “We will not be erased.”
The display was coordinated by the Human Rights Campaign.

“Our message for the Trump-Pence Administration is this: you cannot erase us. We will meet attacks on our community with a resolve to be louder and more visible than ever before,” said David Stacy, HRC’s Director of Government Affairs.
According to a press release, HRC also filed a Freedom of Information Act (FOIA) request with the Department of Health and Human Services (HHS) for “any and all records, including communications with the CDC, relating to the banned words from November 2016 onward.”
“[T]he American public deserves to know the degree to which the Trump-Pence Administration has interfered with the life-saving work of the CDC,” Stacy added. “This kind of erasure has potentially catastrophic consequences beyond the words used by the CDC — it could impact the very programs most vital to the health of transgender people, women, youth and others.”
If the Trump administration was hoping that banning these words would force people into silence, they were sorely mistaken. Not only are Americans speaking up — they’re making sure the censored words are more visible than ever.
https://shareblue.com/trump-tried-ban-w ... HA.twitter

A theater in New London, CT today!

Here’s a photo of Senator Lindsey Graham & Alan Dershowitz with a Putin-linked billionaire who made his fortune off Russian oil. He gave Senator Graham’s super PAC $800,000. He also gave McConnell $2.5M, Rubio $1.5M, Scott Walker $1.1M, Kasich $250K & McCain $200K.

"What you are seeing with this tax legislation is the ugliest display of pigs at the trough that I have ever seen in Congress." —Lawrence O'Donnell
Don’t forget that.
seemslikeadream

Postby seemslikeadream » Wed Dec 20, 2017 4:01 pm

1. PIGGISH

Judge: Florida GOP Senator Groped Aide, Tried to Trade Sex for Votes
FLORIDA STATE SENATE
An independent report released late Tuesday said that Florida State Sen. Jack Latvala, a Republican, has sexually harassed women and attempted to trade votes for sex; and that the state’s Senate Rules Committee should open an investigation into whether he should be removed from office. According to retired Judge Ronald Swanson’s findings, Latvala groped a high-ranking Senate aide after throwing a tantrum about donuts. Additionally, Swanson revealed, based on conversations with other accusers, that Latvala, who is married, had texted a lobbyist offering his support for legislative items she’d desired in exchange for allowing him to engage in sexual acts with her. Another accuser said Latvala groped her under her dress every time she’d visit his office. Swanson ultimately concluded that the Senate open a criminal probe of Latvala’s behavior and decide whether he should be sanctioned or forced out of office. Florida Gov. Rick Scott on Wednesday called upon Latvala to resign immediately over the “disturbing” report.
https://www.thedailybeast.com/judge-flo ... -for-votes
Don’t forget that.
seemslikeadream

Postby seemslikeadream » Thu Dec 21, 2017 7:36 pm

UPDATE on previous dick ...he is a little more dickish than we thought

The House Ethics Committee has expanded its investigation into Blake Farenthold, going beyond the original sexual harassment allegations to include misuse of House resources and making false statements to ethics investigators.
Don’t forget that.
seemslikeadream

Postby seemslikeadream » Fri Dec 22, 2017 11:10 am

dicks on ice

ICE approves plan to separate families at border

and I just can't miss this opportunity

Gingrich attends Rome funeral of disgraced US cardinal accused of covering up sex abuse

Don’t forget that.
seemslikeadream

Postby cptmarginal » Fri Dec 22, 2017 11:18 am

Still seeing a lot of your images as placeholders:

Might want to look into it (I for one would like to see what is missing every time I scroll past another blank grey image)
cptmarginal

Postby seemslikeadream » Fri Dec 22, 2017 11:27 am

thanks for the heads up cptmarginal.....I am using google photos right now.....I do not know any other way to post pics here...could you link to another post that you can not see the photo?

I think the one you just referenced is not one of mine from google photos

can you see this

Don’t forget that.
seemslikeadream

Postby seemslikeadream » Fri Dec 22, 2017 2:02 pm

Senate Misconduct Settlements Have Totaled At Least $600K In Last 20 Years

http://talkingpointsmemo.com/livewire/s ... n-20-years
Don’t forget that.
seemslikeadream

Postby cptmarginal » Fri Dec 22, 2017 3:24 pm

Nope, can't see that one.

I don't know what the best choice for image hosting is right now, but I use Imgur and it has always worked great for me.
cptmarginal

Postby seemslikeadream » Sat Dec 23, 2017 12:25 am

Lewandowski accused of inappropriately touching singer at holiday party
A singer and longtime supporter of President Trump has accused his former campaign manager Corey Lewandowski of inappropriately touching her at a holiday party at Trump International Hotel in Washington.

Politico reported Friday that Lewandowski slapped Joy Villa's behind last month during an event at Trump's namesake D.C. hotel during a photo opportunity.

“I’m wearing this silver suit and stretchy pants, and after the photo, he smacks my ass really hard,” Villa told Politico. “It was completely demeaning and shocking.”

Villa said she warned Lewandowski that she could report him for sexual harassment.

“He said, ‘Go ahead, I work in the private sector,’” Villa, who is exploring a congressional run in Florida, told Politico.

Villa said that she hesitated to go public with the allegations against Lewandowski in part because she worried about retaliation given the former Trump campaign manager's prominence and connections in the president's circles.

“I did feel that Corey could badmouth me,” Villa said. “I thought, ‘What if this messes up my chances.’ He has power and influence, and he’s close with the president, who just tweeted about his book. I wanted to play it safe and avoid the drama.”

Politico said that Lewandowski did not respond to multiple requests for comment on Friday.

The allegations against Lewandowski come as multiple prominent men in politics, entertainment, business and media have had their careers derailed by allegations of sexual misconduct.

Lewandowski was charged last year with simple battery after a female Breitbart reporter accused him of violently grabbing her arm during a Trump campaign rally. Those charges were eventually dropped by authorities in Florida.
http://thehill.com/blogs/blog-briefing- ... ssion=true
Don’t forget that.
seemslikeadream

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion