Al Franken will resign U.S. Senate

Moderators: Elvis, DrVolin, Jeff

Al Franken will resign U.S. Senate

Postby Elvis » Thu Dec 07, 2017 9:18 pm

It sucks, in my opinion.

He's given himself "a few weeks"; during that interval, can he somehow back out of resigning?
“The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists.” ― Joan Robinson
Elvis

Blog: View Blog (0)

Re: Al Franken will resign U.S. Senate

Postby seemslikeadream » Thu Dec 07, 2017 9:46 pm

he's done the right thing ....too bad others can't won't

Michael Trujillo‏

SOURCES: @CNN and @washingtonpost working on exposing 20-30 congressional members for sexual harassment

there's gonna be a housecleaning
Mazars and Deutsche Bank could have ended this nightmare before it started.
They could still get him out of office.
But instead, they want mass death.
Don’t forget that.
seemslikeadream

Blog: View Blog (83)

Postby Burnt Hill » Thu Dec 07, 2017 11:20 pm

Elvis wrote:It sucks, in my opinion.

I agree.

seemslikeadream wrote:he's done the right thing

Definitely the right thing to do.

Elvis wrote:He's given himself "a few weeks"; during that interval, can he somehow back out of resigning?

Probably not - or at least he shouldn't... but....in time he may reestablish trust and become a better political leader.

Meanwhile I sure hope he becomes a real vocal advocate for women's rights.
Burnt Hill

Postby Elvis » Fri Dec 08, 2017 2:35 am

He is certainly taking the high road, though under considerable pressure. Setting an example in the current circumstances is good, but I smell a plot to rid the Congress of one of its very few progressive-ish members.
“The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists.” ― Joan Robinson
Elvis

Postby seemslikeadream » Fri Dec 08, 2017 10:43 am

Thank you for starting this thread Elvis

Al said he would resign in the next coming weeks......that will be after Moore is seated in the Senate at that time Al should say I am not going anywhere until the Predator in Chief and the Child Molester Senator are given the opportunity to do the right thing and actually do it

I am so tired of dems bringing a knife to a gun fight

and small plane crashes are no longer needed to get rid of political opponents

everyone that is posting here should be well aware of that and the lurkers that are reading this know now

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fG3ZNpjNNSg

Senator Paul Wellstone (D-MN) was killed in a plane crash 15 years ago on Oct 25, 2002. Senator Al Franken (D-MN) now holds Wellstone's seat and took to the Senate floor Tuesday night to remember his friend.

Statement from Senator Al Franken's office:

“Paul was a tireless, passionate champion for working families, for veterans, for farmers, and for those who simply needed a voice. His life and his work meant a lot to Minnesota, and it inspired my own time in the Senate. I keep Paul’s picture and Senate nameplate in my office as a reminder of him, and each day I serve, I think back to his words: ‘Politics is not about power. Politics is not about money. Politics is not about winning for the sake of winning. Politics is about the improvement of people’s lives.’

“While it’s been 15 years now since our good friend Paul was last with us, his legacy lives on in so many ways. It lives on in the generation of students and activists he trained and inspired in Minnesota. It lives on in the policies he fought for here in the Senate—for access to mental health care, for a cleaner environment, and making sure working families get a fair shot. And it lives on in the countless lives he touched, including my own. Franni and I miss Paul—he truly made us better—and Minnesota misses him too. I hope his legacy will continue to inspire future generations.”

Minstrel Boy

Fri Aug-06-04 09:33 AM

6. But America is a city on a hill! To suggest the hill has a false beacon

leading those who would challenge its power elite to untimely deaths is a disturbing insinuation, troubling my sleep.

What I'm suggesting is that there's this history of the Fascism moving; that assassination has been its long-term technique for certain political purposes; and that it's time you took a look around you. Because they are killing us. They're not killing all of us. But they're killing people not just at the top government levels, but all the way down to the activists and the people who are going to try to make a difference
https://www.democraticunderground.com/d ... id=2167138

Minstrel Boy/Jeff Wells made a huge difference in my life and I will never forget that

seemslikeadream » Mon Oct 19, 2015 1:12 pm wrote:
WTC responders illness worse than expected

The Paul Wellstone crash was.....
http://www.democraticunderground.com/di ... _id=561809

Plane Crashes, WR Grace, Deadly Asbestos, WTC Collapse & Wellstone
http://www.democraticunderground.com/du ... 28856.html

Wellstone Was Murdered"American Assassination," two professors explain how
http://www.democraticunderground.com/di ... id=2332485

Senator Paul Wellstone and Mozambique's President Samora Machel
http://www.democraticunderground.com/di ... id=2167138

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WMCLUemTrFw

AND any person that accuses Al Franken of being a rapist should be really really really ashamed because he is guilty of slander and is doing nothing less than the work of the rabid right wing political assassins. Rape is not the same as a grope and equating the two severely diminishes what a rape victim has gone through
Mazars and Deutsche Bank could have ended this nightmare before it started.
They could still get him out of office.
But instead, they want mass death.
Don’t forget that.
seemslikeadream

Blog: View Blog (83)

Postby norton ash » Fri Dec 08, 2017 2:04 pm

He's rich enough to devote his powers to good full-time now. He could start by breaking with the neo-con pro-war Machine Democrats.

And yes, he fucked up, and I agree there were forces summoned to get him... which could backfire by keeping sexual misconduct up-front in the public eye while that pig squats in the oval office. Bonus that the whole Washington anthill could do with a hard kick.
Zen horse
norton ash

Postby Cordelia » Sat Dec 09, 2017 3:07 pm

norton ash » Fri Dec 08, 2017 5:04 pm wrote:He's rich enough to devote his powers to good full-time now. He could start by breaking with the neo-con pro-war Machine Democrats.

And yes, he fucked up, and I agree there were forces summoned to get him... which could backfire by keeping sexual misconduct up-front in the public eye while that pig squats in the oval office. Bonus that the whole Washington anthill could do with a hard kick.

Modestly rich (about $9M https://coed.com/2017/11/16/al-franken- ... an-career/) by the standards of many of his Congressional colleagues.

And war is profitable. (Wonder what his stock portfolio looks like--no tobacco of course :roll: )

In his speech I thought he came across as a drunk arrogant SOB but that’s no big deal in Washington. And bitter........ understandable.
The greatest sin is to be unconscious. ~ Carl Jung

We may not choose the parameters of our destiny. But we give it its content. ~ Dag Hammarskjold 'Waymarks'
Cordelia

Return to General Discussion