“The Storm”

Moderators: Elvis, DrVolin, Jeff

Re: “The Storm”

Postby American Dream » Tue Feb 13, 2018 9:50 pm

I blame Pizzagate:

‘A White Genocide Fetish Artist’: Far-Right Trolls Smear Artist Who Painted Obama

Barack and Michelle Obama stand alongside their presidential portraits that will hang in the National Portrait Gallery in Washington, D.C.

http://www.rightwingwatch.org/post/a-wh ... ed-obamas/
American Dream

Blog: View Blog (0)

Postby American Dream » Wed Feb 14, 2018 12:54 pm

Sheila Zilinsky: God’s Judgment Will Soon Fall On ‘Devils’ Like Hillary Clinton

By Kyle Mantyla | February 14, 2018 11:04 am

Over the weekend, radical right-wing commentator and rabid conspiracy theorist Sheila Zilinsky appeared on Dave Hodges’ “The Common Sense Show,” where she was joined by End Times prepper Bob Griswold of Ready Made Resources to discuss the judgment that God will soon unleash upon America.

“God raised Donald Trump up, I believe, for one specific purpose,” Griswold said, “and that is to pull the lid off of the vileness that has become our government so that nobody is going to say, ‘Why did it happen to America?'”

Griswold said that “when judgment falls on this land” in the form of a nuclear attack, nobody should be surprised because “we have opened the doors to His judgment, we have offended the Most High in the most egregious ways we could do it. We have even invented ways that Israel never thought of doing, we have put ourselves below what the heathens practiced, all the while, we knew the truth. And that is the most damning part of it: we knew the truth and we decided to walk away from it to please our flesh.”

Zilinsky agreed, but also saw an upside, proclaiming that when God’s judgment does fall on this nation, the “devils” like Hillary Clinton will finally face the punishment they deserve.

“A lot of people say, ‘You know, there is never going to be any justice for these devils like Hillary Clinton, you are never going to see anybody go to jail,'” she said. “I actually have a news flash for people because when God is done—He is sorting out the men from the boys right now—it’s over. When God has had enough of these clowns, it’s game over.”

“The corruption is running amok and, yeah, we don’t feel like politicians are going to get any justice and the corruption is so fierce,” Zilinsky added, “but I assure you, the day is coming when every person in Washington, D.C., will answer for this corruption. God judges Noah’s generation that mocked the message of salvation, aka the ark. He wiped out all of them … He judges Sodom and Gomorrah and today, America’s got nothing on Sodom and Gomorrah.”

The day is coming, she warned, when “sick pervert demons” like John Podesta will be locked up because “the time for games, it’s over.”
American Dream

Postby mentalgongfu2 » Wed Feb 14, 2018 2:11 pm

The weasel word I referred to is, if it's not clear, "racist images."

I suppose "Clinton murder conspiracy theories" qualifies as well.

Wasn't clear to me, but good to know,

"Conspiracy theories" is weasely enough. Although adding 'Clinton' to it actually makes it a little more credible, surprisingly. Counter-intuitive maybe, but them Clintons were shady fuckers.

But Obama secret sperm painting? Well, no one can say the right wing lacks imagination. They'll find anything to justify hatred, and then claim it was the 'others' who promoted division.
"When I'm done ranting about elite power that rules the planet under a totalitarian government that uses the media in order to keep people stupid, my throat gets parched. That's why I drink Orange Drink!"
mentalgongfu2

Postby American Dream » Wed Feb 14, 2018 7:54 pm

Liz Crokin guarantees that Hillary Clinton will go to jail: “Mark my words, it will happen … I’d be my life on it. It’s going to happen.
American Dream

Postby American Dream » Tue Feb 20, 2018 9:00 pm

MSNBC's Ali Velshi explains how Sean Hannity fell for Russian disinformation about Satanists kidnapping children

Velshi: It's "kind of crazy" that Sean Hannity "spread information that was put out from a troll farm in Russia"

ALI VELSHI (HOST): Take a look at this popular meme that falsely accused Hillary Clinton and her campaign chair of being involved in a Satanic ritual called Spirit Cooking. It originally evolved from the WikiLeaks dump of [John] Podesta's emails after his brother talked about seeing an artist; it then morphed into this. These lies spread so far. It showed up on The Drudge Report and in Sean Hannity's account, "Leaked e-mail appears to link Clinton campaign chairman to bizarre occult ritual." This is kind of crazy stuff, right?

[...]

VELSHI: These kinds of things ended up with somebody taking a gun to a pizza parlor in Washington, D.C. because they thought that Hillary Clinton was running a child sex ring. Now that was different, but the point is these things do have impact.

BEN POPKEN (MSNBC.COM SENIOR STAFF WRITER): Right. It's really strange to see how these conspiracy theories, they start online, someone behind a keyboard and then it spills over into real-world action, and people aren't necessarily taking it seriously, but it starts to distort the conversation.

VELSHI: Right. And again, Sean Hannity is -- a lot of people watch his stuff, a lot of people listen to him on the radio. The fact is, that's kind of crazy. He spread information that was put out from a troll farm in Russia.

POPKEN: Right. So this particular Satanic cooking story started with a WikiLeaks tweet. They directed people to this excised part of the WikiLeaks chunks of the DNC hacked emails they were releasing over the summer and they said, check out this part. And that's what started it. Where the troll farm comes into play is then the trolls jumped on it, and they started amplifying it out to their networks, increasing the hashtag #SpiritCooking, and the more activity they get on it, they try to get that hashtag to trend, to show up into other networks that aren't looking at it and just try to promote -- it's marketing. It's really sick marketing, basically.

https://www.mediamatters.org/video/2018 ... ing/219436
American Dream

Postby SonicG » Wed Feb 21, 2018 12:05 am

This Qanon stuff is so reminiscent of SovCit Deus ex Machina White hat loonieness...It seems to have this perfectly crafted cache/appeal to people thirsting to make some sense of a world spinning out of control...Forgot FEMA camps, Gitmo is being prepared to hold thousands of Democrat pedofiles...These folks will be welcoming of a military coup no matter what form it takes...
"a poiminint tidal wave in a notion of dynamite"
SonicG

Postby BenDhyan » Wed Feb 21, 2018 2:24 am

^ True, the continuous failed predictions of the immanent arrest of hated anti-Trumpers is wishful thinking for the most part. But to be fair, there is also in some media circles, never ending predictions of the immanent demise of Trump.. :)

Ben D
BenDhyan

Postby Jerky » Wed Feb 21, 2018 3:29 am

But Ben, it's only been a year.
Jerky

Postby BenDhyan » Wed Feb 21, 2018 4:02 am

I understand that Jerky, but it has been :popcorn: time practically every day with both sides trying to do the other in, seriously. But clearly Trump will be gone before 2038 due to 2 term limit. Mind you, I don't see HRC in jail by 2038 either.. :)
Last edited by BenDhyan on Wed Feb 21, 2018 4:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
Ben D
BenDhyan

Postby 82_28 » Wed Feb 21, 2018 4:10 am

It show's how little I know that I am surprised the institutional center is in fact holding so far. For instance, I happen to personally know one James Robart. Though he might need his wife and niece and nephew to remind him of me since I am good friends with them. He is a great federal judge.

James Robart: 5 things to know about judge who blocked travel ban

https://www.cnn.com/2017/02/04/politics ... index.html

I once had the chance to chill with him at this yearly party he and his family hold. Admittedly stoned and buzzin' from beers I sat down with him and started in on the dangers of the right. This was like what 2006ish maybe? It was when it was really becoming a thing that the rightist lunatics were publicly threatening judges, their families etc. As unfortunate as it is, I had his ear for a good 30 minutes of just him and I sitting looking at the water in his back yard away from the party. He basically just listened. But I like to think sorta that my dire warnings of the right wing had some play in shit like this:

Threats against judges in immigration ban cases leads to increased security

. . .Trump's criticism were based first on Judge James L. Robart, who halted the executive order pending appeal. Trump referred to him as a "so-called" judge.
Later he suggested that Robart's ruling could put the country in peril.
"Just cannot believe a judge would put our country in such peril. If something happens blame him and court system. People pouring in. Bad!"

Just cannot believe a judge would put our country in such peril. If something happens blame him and court system. People pouring in. Bad!
— Donald J. Trump (@realDonaldTrump) February 5, 2017

In a speech Wednesday to the National Association of Sheriffs, Trump reiterated that his executive order is meant to protect "the security of the country.". . .

https://www.cnn.com/2017/02/09/politics ... index.html

Like I said, all he really did was listen to me tell him it's only going to get worse. But he represents an institution that still has power. I am glad I have a human face/relationship to put to these largely untouchable powers in this country.
There is no me. There is no you. There is all. There is no you. There is no me. And that is all. A profound acceptance of an enormous pageantry. A haunting certainty that the unifying principle of this universe is love. -- Propagandhi
82_28

Postby American Dream » Wed Feb 21, 2018 12:00 pm

Pro-Trump media launch attacks on student survivors of Florida school shooting

The attacks, which have received a boost from Donald Trump Jr., are now being condemned by one of the students

After any mass shooting, disinformation spreads online like wildfire. It happens immediately, created and disseminated on purpose, often in real time as the event is unfolding. This week, even as the Parkland high school shooter was still at large, posters on 4chan and 8chan immediately went to work spreading false information about the shooter being a linked to a white supremacist militia, the most widely reported of the multiple hoaxes about the massacre found online. And in the aftermath of the tragedy, lies and hoaxes about the survivors who have been speaking out against school massacres have gained traction in certain corners.

Dr. Kate Starbird, a professor at University of Washington, has done a lot of research on what she refers to as alternative narratives. She writes: “Over time, we noted that a similar kind of rumor kept showing up, over and over again, after each of the man-made crisis events — a conspiracy theory or ‘alternative narrative’ of the event that claimed it either didn’t happen or that it was perpetrated by someone other than the current suspects.” Starbird also highlights the role that botnets play in disseminating alternative narratives.

What Starbird describes has played out time and again. What’s different about the Parkland shooting is how quickly and powerfully survivors began speaking out. Some students at Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School immediately took to social media calling on President Donald Trump and Congress to do something about guns and calling out commentators like Fox’s Tomi Lahren for saying now wasn’t the time to talk about guns. David Hogg, a student journalist who interviewed students on lockdown during the shooting, made several TV appearances demanding leaders take action. Another student, Emma Gonzalez, called out the National Rifle Association (NRA) and the legislators who do its bidding. Melissa Falkowski, a teacher at Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School, went on CNN calling on Congress to do more to “to end gun violence, to keep our kids safe." Lori Alhadeff, whose 14-year-old daughter was killed, screamed at President Trump on CNN to “do something.” Student survivors are organizing a march on Washington D.C..

And now, Parkland survivors are targets for fake news campaigns, conspiracy theories, harassment and doxxing. Conspiracy theorist Alex Jones has already suggested that the entire shooting is a false flag, which implies that all of the survivors are actors in an elaborate hoax. As survivors speak up, there are already attempts to attack and discredit them individually.

Survivor David Hogg has been the target of conspiracy theories since he began speaking out. The day after the shooting, one far-right account noted in a since-deleted tweet that Hogg was suspicious for speaking so eloquently.

More at: https://www.mediamatters.org/blog/2018/ ... ing/219426
American Dream

Postby American Dream » Thu Feb 22, 2018 10:06 pm

Video: How conspiracy theories and attacks on the Parkland shooting survivors spread across the internet and right-wing media

Survivors of the Parkland, FL, mass shooting, in which 17 people lost their lives, are speaking out and demanding action on gun violence. In response, right-wing media figures are spreading conspiracy theories and attacking these students, and online platforms, like YouTube and Facebook, are enabling the spread of these lies. (Videos spreading these conspiracy theories have gone viral, with one video even trending No.1 on YouTube.)

These are some of the conspiracy theories and attacks the right-wing media figures have launched against the students:

Infowars' Alex Jones, a conspiracy theorist and host of The Alex Jones Show, called the attack "the perfect false flag." (He also claimed that "there's a cover-up going on.")

CNN political commentator Jack Kingston doubled down on his earlier tweet that the “left-wing gun control activists” are setting up the Parkland high school students for political reasons. Kingston said on CNN that he doubted these students could plan a rally without “being hijacked” by pro-gun control groups.

A Twitter account that regularly peddles in "The Storm" conspiracy theory, accused the students of being “crisis actors” who should be “charged and sent to jail.” (The tweet has since been deleted.)

Discredited author Dinesh D’Souza mocked students on Twitter for speaking out.

Lucian Wintrich, The Gateway Pundit’s White House correspondent, called the students “little pricks” who are “completely entitled” and are “milking the deaths of their peers for careers.”

Tucker Carlson, while interviewing NRATV’s Dan Bongino, claimed anti-gun groups are using the students as “a kind of moral blackmail, where you are not allowed to disagree or you are attacking the child.”

TruePartisan, a fringe right-wing site, claimed that student survivor David Hogg, who spoke out about ending gun violence, was a plant because his father formerly worked at the FBI. (Donald Trump Jr. promoted this conspiracy theory.)

NRA board member Ted Nugent shared an article on Facebook that claimed David Hogg was “coached by cameraman.” (The post has since been deleted.)

More: https://www.mediamatters.org/blog/2018/ ... and/219450
American Dream

Postby American Dream » Fri Feb 23, 2018 4:39 pm

‘Prophet’ Kat Kerr Says God Has Already Told Her The Results Of The Next Five Presidential Elections

By Kyle Mantyla | February 23, 2018 1:24 pm

The Elijah List’s Steve Shultz sat down recently with “prophet” Kat Kerr, who claimed that months before the 2016 election, God brought her up to heaven and told her that Donald Trump would be elected president.

“Even before Trump ran,” Kerr said, “God had been telling me that, ‘I’m going to make America greater than ever, it’s about to step into its destiny, but I can’t start this until I shift the government and there will be a president in the White House one day that will extend their hand to the believers.'”

“He caught me up to heaven, literally, months and months and months before,” Kerr continued, “and He said, ‘I’ve chosen Trump and people won’t like it and they won’t understand it but that doesn’t matter right now because I’m going to change America and I need him. He’s an all-American boy that is all for America, and he is smart, he can’t be bought, he can’t be moved, and he cannot be controlled.’ And He said, ‘He will know me and he will hear my voice.'”

“You better step back, because this is God’s time,” Kerr warned those who oppose Trump, adding that God told her that not only will Trump win reelection in 2020, but that Vice President Mike Pence will then be elected to two terms as president, as will whomever Pence chooses as his vice president.

“The Father is saying this,” she said. “For 24 years, we will have God in that White House.”

http://www.rightwingwatch.org/post/prop ... elections/
American Dream

Postby American Dream » Sat Feb 24, 2018 6:05 pm

Trump praises conspiracy theorist who smeared students who survived Parkland massacre

The President of the United States is lifting up a voice that is smearing the survivors of the Parkland massacre.

On Saturday, President Donald Trump praised Wayne Dupree, a conspiracy theorist who claimed that the 2012 Sandy Hook massacre involved crisis actors.

“So true Wayne,” Trump tweeted to his 48 million followers, responding to a message from Dupree about being black and conservative in America.

Dupree, however, is a prominent conspiracy theorist who claimed the 2012 Sandy Hook mass shooting that left 28 people dead, including 20 first graders, was a hoax. Dupree claimed that grieving parents were actually “crisis actors” who were participating in a hoax as part of a conspiracy to impose gun control in America.

Dupree told readers that the parents were actors because they weren’t expressing genuine emotions and were advocating for gun safety measures.

Unemotional, detached, contrived. With two real children involved, if this were real, they would be real and would be with their children, consoling them, not promoting the New World Order agenda of total control, including the control of children’s minds.

Trump is praising Dupree as similar allegations circulate about the student survivors of the Parkland massacre being “crisis actors.” The claim that outspoken students of Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School, especially David Hogg and Emma Gonzalez, are crisis actors has gone viral on social media platforms. The conspiracy theory has also been advanced by NRA board member Ted Nugent and Donald Trump Jr. Social media platforms, including Facebook and YouTube, have attempted to remove this content, with very limited success.

More at: https://thinkprogress.org/trump-praises ... 5a048d84a/
American Dream

Postby BenDhyan » Sat Feb 24, 2018 11:16 pm

Ben D
BenDhyan

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion