Meet the New Boss, Same as the Old Boss

Moderators: Elvis, DrVolin, Jeff

Re: Meet the New Boss, Same as the Old Boss

Postby Belligerent Savant » Sat Jan 13, 2018 6:17 pm

seemslikeadream » Sat Jan 13, 2018 4:39 pm wrote:sorry for not addressing the substance of the article you posted BS .....I just hadn't gotten over your last reply to me in the other thread from last night .....I just didn't feel up to a discussion just like you were and never are up to a discussion with me and as far as commenting on the author instead of what she wrote .....welcome to my world....happens to me all the time here

I find the lady from Australia needs a bit of schooling about the U.S. and it's citizens before she lectures me on the government I live under. I am also not fond of living with a president who is beholden to a mob guy that deals all over the world in stolen nuclear material

Belligerent Savant » Fri Jan 12, 2018 8:53 pm wrote:.

Why don't you just post a naked photo of her? You've already brought this place down to that level anyway.

SLAD: I should have avoided submitting my somewhat impulsive reply in the other thread. Let's just say we differ in our approaches towards expressing viewpoints. Ain't nuthin' wrong with that: it's what makes us all uniquely human, after all.
My bad. You do you -- though you certainly don't need me to tell you that.

Burnt Hill » Sat Jan 13, 2018 4:09 pm wrote:And promoting the similitude allows you to say this -

Belligerent Savant wrote:Trump is a deviation from 'softer' tactics -- perhaps part of an exprimental program, or a means to re-set the baseline, or a variation of both and more -- but business continues as usual while half the nation froths at the mouth at the latest Trump headline.

Trump is more much more than a deviation. And this - "part of an experimental program, or a means to re-set the baseline, or a variation of both and more" -
implies this is far beyond business as usual, doesn't it?

Not quite my point. Net results: wars overseas, power concentrated among fewer hands, disenfranchisement of working/middle classes, etc., remain the same. The optics, however-- the vehicle(s) implemented to pursue agendas -- may well change every decade or so (911 and the immediate aftermath marked a substantive shift in agenda more egregious than any current Trump-isms, for example).

Trump represents the current overt representation of an ongoing, over-arching agenda.

Business as usual under differing guises per era.
Last edited by Belligerent Savant on Sat Jan 13, 2018 6:52 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Belligerent Savant

Blog: View Blog (0)

Postby Burnt Hill » Sat Jan 13, 2018 6:51 pm

Belligerent Savant wrote:Trump represents the current overt representation of an ongoing, over-arching agenda.

If Trump is the representative of the deep states world agenda, and this agenda is reflected by the changes happening in the usa right now,
then why not focus on his travesties and on bringing him down? So what if you think he is the same as the old boss?
Or is that all you are saying, that we should have done this long ago?
Burnt Hill

Postby Belligerent Savant » Sat Jan 13, 2018 6:54 pm

My point is individuals are becoming consumed by the white noise while agendas continue unabated.
Removing Trump will not change what's happening out there.
Belligerent Savant

Postby Burnt Hill » Sat Jan 13, 2018 6:59 pm

Hey this is a great point -

Belligerent Savant wrote:911 and the immediate aftermath marked a substantive shift in agenda more egregious than any current Trump-isms, for example

Perhaps there was enough awareness created by 911 that we recognize Trumps dangerous potential.
Why wait for another egregious shift?
Burnt Hill

Postby Burnt Hill » Sat Jan 13, 2018 7:01 pm

But it would help stop what is happening right here, right now. That is essential, and hopefully awareness grows.
Burnt Hill

Postby Belligerent Savant » Sat Jan 13, 2018 7:45 pm

Yes, agreed.
As with any prior president, acts against humanity/decorum should be exposed and called out, and Trump is undoubtedly genre-defying; an extreme anomaly far beyond the imagination of even the most cynical satirist. The backlash is unsurprising, matched only by his daily antics (eagerly reported by the media -- business has been abundantly lucrative for them, and for late night TV hosts, this past year).

But there is a hysteria festering among a sizable segment of the population.
We lose, regardless of outcome.
Belligerent Savant

Postby Burnt Hill » Sat Jan 13, 2018 9:02 pm

Belligerent Savant wrote:But there is a hysteria festering among a sizable segment of the population.
We lose, regardless of outcome.

Not if we get a response like the 2017 Women's March.

While Burnt Hill is not a faith based organization, it does maintain some in humanity.

Isn't the hysteria a response though?
Festering into what?
Burnt Hill

Postby seemslikeadream » Sat Jan 13, 2018 9:15 pm

I'd like it if we could do a reset Belligerent Savant. I like you.....we have different paths but I believe we can be respectful of each other. RI has always been a place of the distinctive and diverse. I think we can live together here :lovehearts:
Mazars and Deutsche Bank could have ended this nightmare before it started.
They could still get him out of office.
But instead, they want mass death.
Don’t forget that.
seemslikeadream

Blog: View Blog (83)

Postby Belligerent Savant » Sat Jan 13, 2018 9:23 pm

I'm sure we can somehow manage to co-habitate, regardless of the current goon-in-chief.

Also: i'll own up to a bit of hyperbole in my OP comment (referring to the Trump threads here as moot); a bit of button-pushing on my part, as an homage to our orange-hued loon.

burnt hill: ya got me; I defer to your sentiment. My fingers are already fatigued from all the typing -- can't keep up with the pros here..
Belligerent Savant

Postby 82_28 » Sat Jan 13, 2018 9:24 pm

If we were honest, we would say something that sounds utterly shocking and no doubt will be taken out of context and lead to hysteria on the part of the usual suspects," Chomsky says, "but the fact of the matter is that today’s Republican Party qualify as candidates for the most dangerous organization in human history. Literally.

NOAM CHOMSKY: I also said that it’s an extremely outrageous statement. But the question is whether it’s true. I mean, has there ever been an organization in human history that is dedicated, with such commitment, to the destruction of organized human life on Earth? Not that I’m aware of. Is the Republican organization—I hesitate to call it a party—committed to that? Overwhelmingly. There isn’t even any question about it.

Take a look at the last primary campaign—plenty of publicity, very little comment on the most significant fact. Every single candidate either denied that what is happening is happening—namely, serious move towards environmental catastrophe—or there were a couple of moderates, so-called—Jeb Bush, who said, "Maybe it’s happening. We really don’t know. But it doesn’t matter, because fracking is working fine, so we can get more fossil fuels." Then there was the guy who was called the adult in the room, John Kasich, the one person who said, "Yes, it’s true. Global warming’s going on. But it doesn’t matter." He’s the governor of Ohio. "In Ohio, we’re going to go on using coal for energy, and we’re not going to apologize for it." So that’s 100 percent commitment to racing towards disaster.

There is no me. There is no you. There is all. There is no you. There is no me. And that is all. A profound acceptance of an enormous pageantry. A haunting certainty that the unifying principle of this universe is love. -- Propagandhi
82_28

Postby American Dream » Sat Jan 13, 2018 10:24 pm

On Caitlin Johnstone and David Cobb’s Attempt to Destroy the Green Party

by JOSHUA FRANK

In this battle against the “deep state,” Johnstone has pleaded with the left to work with alt-right mastermind Mike Cernovich.

Trump-loving Cernovich, by any fair assessment, is a complete lunatic. But apparently Johnstone doesn’t think he’s too crazed or dangerous, writing:

“We lefties need to attack the establishment at every turn and circulate awareness of what’s really happening in the world, and when this means collaborating with the right wing, we should do it … Cernovich and I probably disagree on more things than we agree on ideologically, but where we do agree it’s absolutely stupid for us not to work together, because you can be damn sure the establishment Republicans and Democrats are working together to advance the agendas of the deep state … Cernovich and I can fight all day and all night over socialized medicine and whether white men really have it that hard. Until then that fight is a pointless waste of energy which distracts from the real clear and present danger posed by the deep state right now.”

Since when is her version of the overly-simplified “deep state” (which is apparently equivalent to the Illuminati in Johnstone’s mind) more important than tangible issues like capitalism, class dynamics, imperialism or the environment? Johnstone is emblematic of the left’s utter lack of political acumen. There’s no theory. No genuine ethos. No real organizing. Just a bunch of self-serving hot air. It’s the Johnstone-type of thinking that continues to ensure the left remains irrelevant.

Back to the disgusting Mike Cernovich, who hates gender equality and believes that white men are oppressed by big bad feminism. He’s tweeted that, “Not being a slut is the only proven way to avoid AIDS. If you love black women, slut shame them.” Fuck him. He doesn’t give a shit about women, class issues, climate change or the ugly side of capitalism. Cernovich even told Andrew Marantz of the The New Yorker, “I believe in strong borders, including keeping out Islamic terrorists. If people think that’s inherently racist, fine—but I’m an American nationalist, not a white nationalist.”

https://www.counterpunch.org/2017/07/13 ... een-party/
American Dream

Postby Burnt Hill » Sat Jan 13, 2018 10:42 pm

Not at all. I am typically sympathetic to your pov so I figured we had common ground to find, that's all!
Belligerent Savant wrote:burnt hill: ya got me; I defer to your sentiment
Burnt Hill

Postby Belligerent Savant » Sun Jan 14, 2018 3:24 am

We certainly have common ground, BH -- on this and other threads.
Belligerent Savant

Postby American Dream » Sun Jan 14, 2018 1:28 pm

This past summer David Cobb of the Green Party adopted the writings of “rogue journalist” Caitlin Johnstone for his show on The Green News Network. Johnstone’s writings included conspiracy-mongering (Seth Rich, Pizzagate), sensationalism, consistent and dangerous avoidance of race-related issues and tip-toeing around any criticism of Donald Trump or the fascistic “alt-right”. Additionally, Johnstone promoted the work of very nefarious characters – she actively supported an alliance with the “alt-right”, specifically encouraging cooperation with rape-apologist Mike Cernovich, and endorsing a red-brown partnership between Robert “child sex slave colony on Mars” Steele and Cynthia McKinney, a former Green Party Presidential candidate who has been implicated for her anti-Semitism and associations with Holocaust deniers on more than one occasion. As a result, I called out Johnstone in an attempt to prevent the Greens from following her on a dangerous ideological “red-brown” path. My article led to several more on Counterpunch, which included pieces by Josh Frank, Eric Draitser, Jeff St. Clair, and a constructive analysis by Anthony DiMaggio. Progressive Army’s Anoa Changa and Beth Lynch also pitched in, as well as Ben Dixon, Ben Norton and other writers. Johnstone replied both in writing and video, though she failed to address any of our core concerns and instead played the victim card. Following this extended debate, Johnstone never appeared on The Green New Network again.

-Callout Culture – a Grassroots Means of Promoting Truth, by Yoav Litvin
American Dream

Postby Luther Blissett » Sun Jan 14, 2018 7:16 pm

Goddamn. I take back anything nice I might’ve said about David Cobb or Cynthia McKinney in the past. No one has time for that.
The Rich and the Corporate remain in their hundred-year fever visions of Bolsheviks taking their stuff - JackRiddler
Luther Blissett

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion