Hawaii! H-bomb in 15 minutes! Run! Hide!

Moderators: Elvis, DrVolin, Jeff

Without necessarily ruling any out, which explanation(s) do you find likeliest? (2 answers allowed)

Given the drills were underway, an accidental false alarm is likely
24%
Most likely psyop: stoking terror to immunize, normalize nuclear war
3%
Most likely psyop to underline NK threat, gain support for Trump
10%
Most likely psyop to terrorize people against obvious threat of Trump
10%
Most likely experiment without agenda, to see how people respond
21%
Disgruntled employee, lone button pusher, bureaucratic cover-up
7%
False flag: Outside power hacked U.S. system; U.S. covering it up
10%
Other (specify)
14%

Total votes : 29

Hawaii! H-bomb in 15 minutes! Run! Hide!

Postby JackRiddler » Sun Jan 14, 2018 8:41 pm

Fuck! Run! Duck! Cover! Holyshit! No!

Never mind.

This is exactly the kind of U.S. high weirdness story that the Daily Mail or London Telegraph manage to compile well, if not exactly using their own reporters:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... rning.html

Please take poll. Add your comment after voting, or this thread won't last long.
We meet at the borders of our being, we dream something of each others reality. - Harvey of R.I.

To Justice my maker from on high did incline:
I am by virtue of its might divine,
The highest Wisdom and the first Love.

TopSecret WallSt. Iraq & more
JackRiddler

Blog: View Blog (0)

Re: Hawaii! H-bomb in 15 minutes! Run! Hide!

Postby JackRiddler » Sun Jan 14, 2018 8:50 pm

My train of thought since posting this:

1. Gee, bet I'd like to live in Hawaii if I could arrange a modest income for it.

2. I wonder if the real estate prices will drop because of this?

3. Aha! In my poll, I forgot the Scooby Doo option! It could be a real estate scam!

4. Real estate? That can only point to one culprit!

"Mr. Donald! You were the Kim Ghost all along! You were hoping to get your hotel developed on the cheap!"

"And I would have got away with it if it weren't for you meddling kids!"
We meet at the borders of our being, we dream something of each others reality. - Harvey of R.I.

JackRiddler

Postby JackRiddler » Sun Jan 14, 2018 8:54 pm

Okay, okay, apologies. Not mere high weirdness, not ground for jokes.

Up to one million people traumatized AS FUCK by this nonsense, thinking for half an hour or more that they might be about to DIE, no idea who would survive, running to find their family and loved ones, speeding like maniacs on the highway, there may have been accidents or deaths or heart attacks or who knows what personal disasters...

AND THE WHOLE THING COULD HAVE TURNED INTO A REAL NUCLEAR CONFRONTATION!

May be sort of like every day in North Korea, but that's not the Hawaiians' fault. Not most of them, anyway.

But anyway, basic question: accident or psyop?

JackRiddler

Postby DrEvil » Sun Jan 14, 2018 9:25 pm

I voted "other" because I had a really good conspiracy theory which on second thought was really stupid. Sorry about that.
(tl;dr version: real launch that failed and was hushed up for some reason).

Edit: And it's really fucking scary that someone with butterfingers can accidentally launch WW3. What if NK saw it and thought a retaliatory strike was on the way?
"I only read American. I want my fantasy pure." - Dave
DrEvil

Postby 82_28 » Sun Jan 14, 2018 9:36 pm

DrEvil » Sun Jan 14, 2018 5:25 pm wrote:Edit: And it's really fucking scary that someone with butterfingers can accidentally launch WW3. What if NK saw it and thought a retaliatory strike was on the way?

I actually hadn't thought about that. Maybe it was a stress test. There couldn't have been a "what if" NK saw it. No doubt they did.

However, I voted accidental first and foremost or a stress test on how 1m people react all at once to their impending deaths second. I lean accidental, but they can't let a good mistake go to waste when it comes to a psy-op. Hopefully the assholes will now learn all of this loose talk about nukes isn't funny, completely unnecessary, counterproductive etc. Who am I kidding?
There is no me. There is no you. There is all. There is no you. There is no me. And that is all. A profound acceptance of an enormous pageantry. A haunting certainty that the unifying principle of this universe is love. -- Propagandhi
82_28

Postby SonicG » Sun Jan 14, 2018 9:48 pm

Well if they nuked Oahu, it would destroy the secret evidence that Obummer was born in a shithole country...So glad I have survived over 50 years on this earth to see this level of shit piled up. More nukes on the way...
"a poiminint tidal wave in a notion of dynamite"
SonicG

Postby DrEvil » Mon Jan 15, 2018 12:53 am

82_28 » Mon Jan 15, 2018 3:36 am wrote:
DrEvil » Sun Jan 14, 2018 5:25 pm wrote:Edit: And it's really fucking scary that someone with butterfingers can accidentally launch WW3. What if NK saw it and thought a retaliatory strike was on the way?

I actually hadn't thought about that. Maybe it was a stress test. There couldn't have been a "what if" NK saw it. No doubt they did.

However, I voted accidental first and foremost or a stress test on how 1m people react all at once to their impending deaths second. I lean accidental, but they can't let a good mistake go to waste when it comes to a psy-op. Hopefully the assholes will now learn all of this loose talk about nukes isn't funny, completely unnecessary, counterproductive etc. Who am I kidding?

I'm leaning towards accidental too. Poorly designed system probably. The main problem now is that when it's the real deal everyone is just going to assume it's another fuckup.

It's also pretty messed up that it took them 38 minutes to get the counter message out through the same channels.
First people get the text message saying "This is not a drill", and then the emergency broadcast system kicks in on TV repeating that message, and then.... nothing.

<alex_jones> Maybe it was a pre-false-flag maneuver to ensure maximum casualties for when the real false flag hits (not enough crisis actors to simulate it). </alex_jones>
"I only read American. I want my fantasy pure." - Dave
DrEvil

Postby Burnt Hill » Mon Jan 15, 2018 1:32 am

I am going with Disgruntled employee, lone button pusher, bureaucratic cover-up for now.
First thing I thought of after "change of shift" was mentioned.
First thing I thought overall was psyop/conditioning bullshit,
which is what it is now, anyway.
:tongout :
Burnt Hill

Postby mentalgongfu2 » Mon Jan 15, 2018 4:13 am

I voted 3 and 5. But I am mostly undecided.

What I do believe is that the official explanation is bullshit.

From a drop-down menu on a computer program, he saw two options: “Test missile alert” and “Missile alert.” He was supposed to choose the former; as much of the world now knows, he chose the latter, an initiation of a real-life missile alert. -WaPo reporting ( and others)

If, perchance, it is true that the nuclear missile alert systems in the USA are run by simple point and click drop-down menus that lack a "Confirm" button, that is a separate but equally alarming problem.
"When I'm done ranting about elite power that rules the planet under a totalitarian government that uses the media in order to keep people stupid, my throat gets parched. That's why I drink Orange Drink!"
mentalgongfu2

Postby mentalgongfu2 » Mon Jan 15, 2018 4:26 am

This occurs to me: Where was Mike Pence when this all took place?

The Trump golfing story has an eerie parallel to G.W. Bush reading "The Pet Goat" in a classroom on the morning of Sept. 11, 2001, while Cheney was in a command position.
"When I'm done ranting about elite power that rules the planet under a totalitarian government that uses the media in order to keep people stupid, my throat gets parched. That's why I drink Orange Drink!"
mentalgongfu2

Postby 82_28 » Mon Jan 15, 2018 6:09 am

No shit. Good point. That there made me flash on my original impression/brainstorm on the matter. I began by thinking timezones. Why that time? I had the TV on to "watch football" and I stupidly connected the two for "RI reasons". Just as a quick spontaneous rundown of other things happening in America that were about to happen when many eyes would be paying attention while people in Hawaii would just be waking up. Sure, it's a hella stretch and was something that I was just going to shelve away into my own curiosity bin. But my original thought was could you imagine unleashing a "false" alarm amidst a packed football stadium and what sort of chaos it would cause? The false alarm sort of happened as temporally close to the divisional playoffs as you could get -- I forget which game. I was too busy reading about this breaking news, but I could swear right before kickoff one of the announcers said something like "it has already been a day of fear". Something, like that. I wasn't paying attention to the TV so I could be totally wrong and was hearin' shit while I was readin' shit.

Sooo. Coming a day after dump's clear but scheduled mea culpa by signing some meaningless MLK shit of his tame but both plausible and mistaken racist "shithole" comments and then utilizing the time frame with the NFL and a fake nuclear attack could have been a stroke of genius. I picked up on it but thought it was just an empathetic blip insofar as the NFL, this preposterous nuclear war threat, dump's obvious life-long racism, MLK day and tens of thousands of captive spectators all experiencing the same fear all at once. But all of that coupled with the time difference meant that the ratio of American subjects could be studied, plotted. Yeah it's fuckin' stupid but where was Mike Pence?

He was used earlier this year to hammer home the velvet glove of racist/fascist meddling in a largely African American sport of indentured servitude, injury, nothingness. Pence left some game in Indianapolis because of black players kneeling. So this time, nothing was used. EXCEPT! For the timing, distance from the mainland, jankiness of the "Hawaiian emergency response system" (and also possibly the use of the NFL). None of which having been asked for. This shit was created.

And would you look at this???

Vice President Mike Pence left a football game between the Indianapolis Colts and the San Francisco 49ers on Sunday after some players knelt during the National Anthem, saying he did not want to "dignify" the demonstration.
"I left today's Colts game because @POTUS and I will not dignify any event that disrespects our soldiers, our Flag, or our National Anthem," Pence wrote on Twitter.
The vice president went on to issue a full statement opposing the protest.

I stand with @POTUS Trump, I stand with our soldiers, and I will always stand for our Flag and our National Anthem. pic.twitter.com/B0zP5M41MQ
— Vice President Pence (@VP) October 8, 2017

President Donald Trump tweeted afterward that he asked Pence to leave the stadium.

"I asked @VP Pence to leave stadium if any players kneeled, disrespecting our country. I am proud of him and @SecondLady Karen," Trump tweeted.

I asked @VP Pence to leave stadium if any players kneeled, disrespecting our country. I am proud of him and @SecondLady Karen.
— Donald J. Trump (@realDonaldTrump) October 8, 2017

The pool of journalists accompanying the vice president was not allowed into the stadium and was asked to stay in their vans. They were told by a staffer that "there may be an early departure from the game," but were not given any further details.
Some criticized Trump and Pence for the walkout, with Hawaii Democratic Sen. Brian Schatz tweeting, "Wait. This was orchestrated to make a point? That's not an inexpensive thing to do." . . .

https://www.cnn.com/2017/10/08/politics ... index.html

Yet, I will still err on the side of a mistake. But, why was something so serious allowed to be mistakenly implemented?

Wait. After I just wrote that and an Internet search, I will err on the side of psy-op and/or carny stunt. I suppose they are one in the same.
There is no me. There is no you. There is all. There is no you. There is no me. And that is all. A profound acceptance of an enormous pageantry. A haunting certainty that the unifying principle of this universe is love. -- Propagandhi
82_28

Postby 82_28 » Mon Jan 15, 2018 6:27 am

Hawaii v. Trump Immigration Case

Hawaii, the most ethnically diverse U.S. state, is mounting one of the earlier challenges to President Donald Trump's travel ban. The state plans to argue that the restrictions on travelers from six predominantly Muslim nations amounts to religious discrimination. Court proceedings begin March 15 at 9:30 a.m. in Honolulu/ 3:30 p.m. New York time. Join us at TOPLive for full coverage and analysis.

Read along here (from March 17th, 2017):

It begins:

Kartikay Mehrotra U.S. Legal Reporter KartikayM
Greetings from Hawaii federal court in Honolulu. I'm Kartikay Mehrotra, legal reporter with Bloomberg News. I'll be guiding you through proceedings in today's case -- the State of Hawaii v. President Trump.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/live-blo ... ation-case

Dump could have literally engaged in an act of collective punishment the more I think about it. Moreover, even if he didn't mean to do it, he wound up doing so.

Trump needs to go so fucking fast that I think they call it a "New York Minute".
82_28

Postby Cordelia » Mon Jan 15, 2018 8:18 am

5 and/or 8; how to create terror, anger and trigger PTSD in hundreds of thousands of people in 30 minutes with no clean-up.

'The whole state was terrified': How Hawaii reacted to false missile alert
- BBC News

Matt Lopresti, a member of the Hawaiian House of Representatives, told local television outlet KGMB he and his family had sought shelter in a bathtub.

"We got our children, grabbed our emergency supplies, put them in our most enclosed room in our house which is our bathroom... We put them in the bathtub, said our prayers, tried to find out what the hell was going on because we didn't hear any alarms, any of the sirens...

"There's not much else you can do in that situation. You know, we did what we could, what the state has been trying to tell people - to be ready in this kind of situation and to take it seriously, and I did.

The patrons and staff of the diner were all quiet and scared. My dad tried to comfort a few of the waitresses, who were very distraught. Everyone tried to call their families, 911, or get online to check the news, but phone lines and data services were jammed. About 20 minutes after the text, someone was finally able to get onto the internet using their phone and saw the announcement that it was a false alarm. After that, my mum cried with relief."

Meanwhile other US government agencies seemed unfazed by the alert that was terrifying Hawaiian islanders. In the midst of the panic, the CIA's official account sent out a totally unrelated post about pandas, much to the mockery of other social media users.
https://www.cia.gov/news-information/fe ... omacy.html

More......
http://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-42675666
The greatest sin is to be unconscious. ~ Carl Jung

We may not choose the parameters of our destiny. But we give it its content. ~ Dag Hammarskjold 'Waymarks'
Cordelia

Postby seemslikeadream » Mon Jan 15, 2018 10:21 am

I wonder if trump was even informed about this ....I think he is kept in the dark about a lot of stuff

wouldn't want the pres to go off half cocked and think it's a good idea to launch an attack on NK because of a mistake and besides he was playing golf I don't suppose anyone wanted to interrupt the game

U.S. government is spending 200 million dollars a day on wars ...no money left to upgrade warning systems :roll:

sorry citizens of Hawaii that you had to freak out because of the shit that has come out of trump's mouth making it plausible that it was real

another thought maybe the alert was set off by one of those dozens of investagators looking for Obama's fake birth certificate that trump sent there

“I have some real doubts,” Trump told the “Today” show. He claimed to have sent his own investigators to Hawaii, where Obama was born. "I have people that actually have been studying it and they cannot believe what they're finding."

Trump raised another falsehood in an interview with "Good Morning America," suggesting Obama was trying to conceal his religion by withholding his birth certificate. “Maybe it says he's a Muslim,” he said. Obama is Christian.

:P
At the White House correspondents dinner, in front of high-ranking lawmakers, top journalists, powerful Washington insiders and Trump himself, Obama skewered him.

"Now he can get back to focusing on the issues that matter,” Obama said while the New York businessman sat in the audience, unsmiling. “Like, did we fake the moon landing? What really happened at Roswell? And where are Biggie and Tupac?"
Mazars and Deutsche Bank could have ended this nightmare before it started.
They could still get him out of office.
But instead, they want mass death.
Don’t forget that.
seemslikeadream

Blog: View Blog (83)

Postby Cordelia » Mon Jan 15, 2018 1:46 pm

mentalgongfu2 » Mon Jan 15, 2018 7:26 am wrote:This occurs to me: Where was Mike Pence when this all took place?

The Trump golfing story has an eerie parallel to G.W. Bush reading "The Pet Goat" in a classroom on the morning of Sept. 11, 200
1, while Cheney was in a command position.

I thought that too; both leaders not 'in charge' but appearing like schlemiels, both in Florida.......

The greatest sin is to be unconscious. ~ Carl Jung

We may not choose the parameters of our destiny. But we give it its content. ~ Dag Hammarskjold 'Waymarks'
Cordelia

Next

Return to General Discussion