I want to apologize to Elvis

Moderators: Elvis, DrVolin, Jeff

I want to apologize to Elvis

Postby seemslikeadream » Tue Feb 20, 2018 8:34 pm

and I am starting a thread to do it. Hopeful he will accept my apology and we all can move forward from here on out... respect each other for what they believe in and what they want to post about. I will do that
Mazars and Deutsche Bank could have ended this nightmare before it started.
They could still get him out of office.
But instead, they want mass death.
Don’t forget that.
seemslikeadream

Blog: View Blog (83)

Re: I want to apologize to Elvis

Postby Elvis » Wed Feb 21, 2018 5:45 am

Thank you Slad, and despite my harangue a couple days ago, I've only ever felt goodwill toward you, and any time it might somehow seem otherwise is just a misunderstanding. I'm happy to put those misunderstandings into the dustbin, and make the most of this unique forum.

Now back to our regular deprogramming....
“The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists.” ― Joan Robinson
Elvis

Blog: View Blog (0)

Postby Burnt Hill » Wed Feb 21, 2018 9:54 am

:lovehearts:
:snoopdance:
:bugsdance:

We all need to temper our emotions and remember this is a community.
Its fine to disagree. In fact we need to disagree and listen - and not react until we have.
Most Human Beings are capable of empathy. That should always be shared in any community.
We are all fucked up for one reason or another.
We are here to sort that out.
Burnt Hill

Postby seemslikeadream » Wed Feb 21, 2018 2:06 pm

thanks Rory ....I appreciate your edits....for your cooperation in keeping this forum civil in the future. I've known robertpaulsen for close to 14 years...he is the kindness person in all of the internet world ... very wise.... he is my best friend on the net....I will always listen to him and I thank him for stepping up

yes Elvis I am now ready to get back to our regular deprogramming

Mazars and Deutsche Bank could have ended this nightmare before it started.
They could still get him out of office.
But instead, they want mass death.
Don’t forget that.
seemslikeadream

Blog: View Blog (83)

Postby stillrobertpaulsen » Wed Feb 21, 2018 4:41 pm

Burnt Hill » Wed Feb 21, 2018 8:54 am wrote:We all need to temper our emotions and remember this is a community.
Its fine to disagree. In fact we need to disagree and listen - and not react until we have.
Most Human Beings are capable of empathy. That should always be shared in any community.
We are all fucked up for one reason or another.
We are here to sort that out.

I agree absolutely! How often it is that something fucked up happens IRL that makes me feel compelled to come straight here. As a community, RI is a great reality calibrator - or deprogramming, as Elvis so eloquently put it. And seemslikeadream, I appreciate your kindness too - let's keep trying to spread more kindness into the universe!
"Huey Long once said, “Fascism will come to America in the name of anti-fascism.” I'm afraid, based on my own experience, that fascism will come to America in the name of national security."
-Jim Garrison 1967
stillrobertpaulsen

Blog: View Blog (37)

Postby Elvis » Wed Feb 21, 2018 8:19 pm

Thanks, Burnt Hill!

Thanks, Slad! oooo :eeyaa

SRP, I nominate you as Middle East peace negotiator. :D
“The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists.” ― Joan Robinson
Elvis

Postby streeb » Wed Feb 21, 2018 8:47 pm

:jumping:
streeb

Postby Elvis » Wed Feb 21, 2018 9:26 pm

Streeb, good to see you on here! You're in my pantheon of RI greats, since I first started reading here. :bigsmile
Elvis

Postby streeb » Thu Feb 22, 2018 8:30 pm

Oh man, that's really sweet, Elvis, thank you. But I've only ever been a student here, and maybe a DJ. I still cling to the hope that some of the real greats from way back will burst into the room again. I'm pretty sure a whole bunch of them lurk. I also really appreciate the vanishingly small number of current greats who still bring a curious mind and a diverse voice to RI, you chief among them. Or anyone or anything at all (within reason) that counters the Great Flattening of the Trumpocene era.
streeb

Return to General Discussion