Rhetoric and the art of Collaborative Discussion

Moderators: Elvis, DrVolin, Jeff

Re: Rhetoric and the art of Collaborative Discussion

Postby seemslikeadream » Mon Oct 21, 2019 7:49 am

while ally boy is tracing every single move I have made here in the last 15 years........that is kinda spooky wouldn't you think? He is so much smarter than the 8 mods that watched this place over the years ally boy is gonna show them ...this is what happens when there is no moderation they know there is no moderation so the children will have their tantrums

I have to get new underwear so to fit ally boy being up my ass I need more room in there

peartreed » Mon Oct 21, 2019 12:44 am wrote:The main reason I no longer participate on RI as often as before is the almost constant onslaught of acrimony, accusation and antagonism towards the most prolific members by the least tolerant. The strength of RI has historically been its inclusiveness, diversity and wide tolerance of opposing views. In recent times, like the nation itself, RI has become a divided encampment of fixed fanatical extremes. Attempts at judiciously moderating the acrimony have themselves divided into opposing techniques.

What intrigued me about RI years ago was the number of independent thinkers, the astute analysts of dogma, the curious who explored the unexplained, the entertaining personalities that were unique, different minds. Yet the most appealing aspect of it was the group dynamics of mutual support and interest.

Jack, instead, seeks a board that reflects his own anti-imperialist convictions in a cult-like acquiescence to his views and his vision of a viable exchange of reinforcing, similar and supportive articles, arguments and archived political blogs. He resents and resists mainstream media and its messengers as propaganda from its duped propagandists. SLAD, AD and other long-term regulars here instead post more popular and prolific opinion pieces about current issues in the news, particularly of anti-fascist and left wing, democratic, populism persuasion. That riles Jack and his acolytes like BS, Mac, RocketMan and coffin-dodger who share anti-imperialist scorn.

So Jack’s sycophantic supporters follow and mirror his constant complaint about flooding the board with copy/pasted mainstream news and views, and his mean criticism of the regulars responsible for its reproduction on RI. Their own cult-like conformity to this caustic cause is a further disruptive diversion. Few older regulars remain to read through the diatribes of denigration and dismissal of the dissidents.

It’s like the emotional contagion in the psychographics that Cambridge Analytica tracked for Trump’s campaign and used to target, agitate and radicalize selected social media platform users into an angry antiestablishment fervor enough to vote in an idiot buffoon as POTUS. Only this time the negativists are all imitating Jack and seeking to turn RI into the loyal Marxist-Leninist anti-imperialism of a gulag encampment of mutual admirers.

In order to achieve obedient conformity, he must first eliminate the prolific posters of mainstream news, and particularly work with compromising and urging the board’s moderators to do his bidding. Failing that, he will campaign and complain to Jeff behind the screen on other sites. If all else fails he will threaten to quit in a snit.

I suggest that Jack, instead, take his finger out of his nose and/or his posterior orfice to simply scroll past whatever copy-pasted posts and content offends his delicate sensibilities and inspires his furious fixations.
Last edited by seemslikeadream on Mon Oct 21, 2019 7:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
Mazars and Deutsche Bank could have ended this nightmare before it started.
They could still get him out of office.
But instead, they want mass death.
Don’t forget that.
seemslikeadream

Blog: View Blog (83)

Postby seemslikeadream » Mon Oct 21, 2019 7:50 am

I followed these rules for 14 years

Jeff » Wed Nov 08, 2006 9:38 am wrote:Welcome to the RI board.

While Rigorous Intuition welcomes a range of informed perspectives, it is not intended to be a forum for the re-fighting of elemental human values. It should be assumed that this is a place where the dignity and rights of all people are respected. Members who challenge these rights may be regarded as disruptive, and members who habitually challenge them will be banned.

This is an anti-fascist board. Propagation of fascist, neo-Nazi and "white pride" causes, including sympathetically linking to sites which advocate such, will not be permitted. This includes revisionist histories of the Holocaust.

This is an anti-sexist board. We correctly assume that women, as a group, have been and continue to be the object of oppression based upon their gender. It is expected that members will respect the rights of women to justice and equality in all spheres of life, and to a positive experience of RI. Contending that feminism is a "New World Order plot" will not be permitted.

Posts advocating violence, or espousing hatred of a people based upon race, religion, gender or sexuality, are not permitted.

The charge or insinuation of "disinfo agent" can almost never be proven, and poisons and often ends meaningful discussion. Therefore suggesting a poster is purposefully spreading disinformation is not permitted.

Please refrain from personal attacks, and keep arguments issue-based.

Members can help maintain the health of the board. If you see something that you think needs attention, please pm myself or a moderator with the link, or use the alert button.

Thank you for your civil and thoughtful contributions, and your cooperation in helping to generate more light than heat.
Don’t forget that.
seemslikeadream

Postby MacCruiskeen » Mon Oct 21, 2019 8:10 am

:ohno:
"Ich kann gar nicht so viel fressen, wie ich kotzen möchte." - Max Liebermann,, Berlin, 1933

"Science is the belief in the ignorance of experts." - Richard Feynman, NYC, 1966

TESTDEMIC ➝ "CASE"DEMIC
MacCruiskeen

Blog: View Blog (0)

Postby seemslikeadream » Mon Oct 21, 2019 8:11 am

Don’t forget that.
seemslikeadream

Postby MacCruiskeen » Mon Oct 21, 2019 8:12 am

:ohno:
"Ich kann gar nicht so viel fressen, wie ich kotzen möchte." - Max Liebermann,, Berlin, 1933

"Science is the belief in the ignorance of experts." - Richard Feynman, NYC, 1966

TESTDEMIC ➝ "CASE"DEMIC
MacCruiskeen

Postby RocketMan » Mon Oct 21, 2019 8:30 am

while ally boy is tracing every single move I have made here in the last 15 years........that is kinda spooky wouldn't you think? He is so much smarter than the 8 mods that watched this place over the years ally boy is gonna show them ...this is what happens when there is no moderation they know there is no moderation so the children will have their tantrums

I have to get new underwear so to fit ally boy being up my ass I need more room in there

While I'm not the Stephen King fan I used to be when I was younger, man is this a good approximation of the voice of Annie Wilkes in Misery. Kudos!
-I don't like hoodlums.
-That's just a word, Marlowe. We have that kind of world. Two wars gave it to us and we are going to keep it.
RocketMan

Postby seemslikeadream » Mon Oct 21, 2019 8:36 am

have fun with the no moderation board ...it is what you have wished for

bullies relish no moderation

go for it

keep up the tantrums keep breaking Jeff's rules.....you have no respect for Jeff I understand that completely and that results in you having no respect for this board

can't wait for a new bogus chart signifying nothing but taking so much time to create ...that's some axe grinding with a purpose

Please read: guidelines for posting on the RI board
Post by Jeff
... suggesting a poster is purposefully spreading disinformation is not permitted... refrain from personal attacks, and keep arguments issue-based...
RI-RULES
Don’t forget that.
seemslikeadream

Postby MacCruiskeen » Mon Oct 21, 2019 9:24 am

seemslikeadream » Mon Oct 21, 2019 7:36 am wrote:have fun with the no moderation board ...it is what you have wished for

No. Do you never stop lying? It is you who worked harder than anyone to drive out the moderator. Thanks to you, we lost Elvis and gained your fellow Dream. That is what you and your sidekick Jerky wished for, lobbied for, agitated for, Private Messaged for, and then cackled & fnar'd & ROTFLMAO'd about, once you had finally achieved it: an unmoderated board where Anything Goes.

So at least own it, for christ's sake.
Last edited by MacCruiskeen on Mon Oct 21, 2019 9:25 am, edited 1 time in total.

TESTDEMIC ➝ "CASE"DEMIC
MacCruiskeen

Postby seemslikeadream » Mon Oct 21, 2019 9:25 am

I follow the rules even though there is no moderation

toddlers have to toddle

the Baby Bunch is out of control

Elvis is not gone he just changed the title of my thread the other day immediately following Jack's request
Don’t forget that.
seemslikeadream

Postby MacCruiskeen » Mon Oct 21, 2019 9:43 am

seemslikeadream » Mon Oct 21, 2019 8:25 am wrote:[trash deleted]

Elvis is not gone he just changed the title of my thread the other day immediately following Jack's request

How do you know it was Elvis?

TESTDEMIC ➝ "CASE"DEMIC
MacCruiskeen

Postby Cordelia » Mon Oct 21, 2019 11:03 am

Now past page 50, ... the Art of Collaborative Discussion and last few pages read like copy/paste from previous pages of copy/paste from previous pages, etc, etc.........
The greatest sin is to be unconscious. ~ Carl Jung

We may not choose the parameters of our destiny. But we give it its content. ~ Dag Hammarskjold 'Waymarks'
Cordelia

Postby MacCruiskeen » Mon Oct 21, 2019 11:08 am

I'd appreciate an answer to this question. You suddenly went uncharacteristically silent and slunk off.

MacCruiskeen » Mon Oct 21, 2019 8:43 am wrote:
seemslikeadream » Mon Oct 21, 2019 8:25 am wrote:[trash deleted]

How do you know it was Elvis?

TESTDEMIC ➝ "CASE"DEMIC
MacCruiskeen

Postby RocketMan » Mon Oct 21, 2019 12:27 pm

Yep, the unmoderated part is mos def the work of the Tag Team. So yeah, OWN IT.

Dissembling cowards.
-I don't like hoodlums.
-That's just a word, Marlowe. We have that kind of world. Two wars gave it to us and we are going to keep it.
RocketMan

Postby PufPuf93 » Tue Oct 29, 2019 6:49 pm

This is a rather long but easy to read comic. Seems to fit at RI and in this thread. Please read to the end.

You're not going to believe what I am about to tell you.

https://theoatmeal.com/comics/believe
PufPuf93

Postby stillrobertpaulsen » Tue Oct 29, 2019 7:16 pm

PufPuf93 » Tue Oct 29, 2019 5:49 pm wrote:This is a rather long but easy to read comic. Seems to fit at RI and in this thread. Please read to the end.

You're not going to believe what I am about to tell you.

https://theoatmeal.com/comics/believe

:rofl: I loved this!!!

PufPuf93, thank you for singlepostedly making me remember why I pinned this thread to the top of GD in the first place. I hope everyone reads this to the end and takes away something in which they can improve their own rhetoric. After all, you can only really control your own behavior and whatever information you present here, the rhetoric you use to present that information is your responsibility. So use it with as much thoughtfulness and consideration as you can. Peace out.
"Huey Long once said, “Fascism will come to America in the name of anti-fascism.” I'm afraid, based on my own experience, that fascism will come to America in the name of national security."
-Jim Garrison 1967
stillrobertpaulsen

Blog: View Blog (37)

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion