Rhetoric and the art of Collaborative Discussion

Moderators: Elvis, DrVolin, Jeff

Re: Rhetoric and the art of Collaborative Discussion

Postby seemslikeadream » Sat Dec 22, 2018 10:58 am

For clarity moving forward if you please Elvis when you have the time would you post any new rules any changes to the original restrictions so there is no ambiguity.....from the simple one about what words are not allowed or the limits of their use to following Jeff’s fundamentals. I think that maybe extremely helpful.

TIA

SLaD
Mazars and Deutsche Bank could have ended this nightmare before it started.
They could still get him out of office.
But instead, they want mass death.
Don’t forget that.
seemslikeadream

Blog: View Blog (83)

Postby Elvis » Sat Dec 22, 2018 4:29 pm

Thank you Slad, first off, let's not feel that we should disguise cusswords (e.g. "sh*t"). Feel free to type out "fucking Republicans," "fuck Trump's bullshit," etc.

Swear all ye want, just don't direct it at another member in a derogatory fashion (e.g. "fuck you, [fellow member]!"). For the lexicon, Jeff referred to FCC and George Carlin's seven words. (Improvs such as "dumbass," assmunch," "buttwipe" won't generally stand, either.)
“The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists.” ― Joan Robinson
Elvis

Blog: View Blog (0)

Postby American Dream » Sun Dec 23, 2018 11:55 am

Cross-posting because it's relevant:

American Dream » Sun Dec 23, 2018 5:57 am wrote:
An Open Letter to Jeff Wells

"Rigorous Intuition", the board which you sponsor, has been going downhill for some years now. One important and integral factor is the inconsistent moderation, which has been quite a problem at times. This is an ongoing issue in the time since you left, as you once played a much more active role in cultivating a healthy culture within the community.

Never has that been more apparent than now, under the defacto rule of the unaccountable Elvis Administration, which seems intent on running the board as the personal plaything of a small group of problematic posters. It would be no exaggeration to describe them as an ideologically aligned group of serial abusers.

Ultimately this is something that must be figured out in accordance with your own inner presence. I urge you to investigate thoroughly and reflect deeply on what Rigorous Intuition is in the process of becoming. I then urge you to act according to the voice of your deepest and truest conscience.

Sincerely,

A.D. aka American Dream
American Dream

Postby Elvis » Sun Dec 23, 2018 2:40 pm

I am done being a moderator, effective immediately.
“The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists.” ― Joan Robinson
Elvis

Postby DrEvil » Sun Dec 23, 2018 3:33 pm

Wait, did I sleep through an entire year just now? It's still 2018, right?
"I only read American. I want my fantasy pure." - Dave
DrEvil

Postby Agent Orange Cooper » Sun Dec 23, 2018 3:55 pm

^ was wondering the same thing.
Agent Orange Cooper

Postby MacCruiskeen » Sun Dec 23, 2018 5:05 pm

American Dream » Sun Dec 23, 2018 10:55 am wrote:Cross-posting because it's relevant:

American Dream » Sun Dec 23, 2018 5:57 am wrote:
An Open Letter to Jeff Wells

"Rigorous Intuition", the board which you sponsor, has been going downhill for some years now. One important and integral factor is the inconsistent moderation, which has been quite a problem at times. This is an ongoing issue in the time since you left, as you once played a much more active role in cultivating a healthy culture within the community.

Never has that been more apparent than now, under the defacto rule of the unaccountable Elvis Administration, which seems intent on running the board as the personal plaything of a small group of problematic posters. It would be no exaggeration to describe them as an ideologically aligned group of serial abusers.

Ultimately this is something that must be figured out in accordance with your own inner presence. I urge you to investigate thoroughly and reflect deeply on what Rigorous Intuition is in the process of becoming. I then urge you to act according to the voice of your deepest and truest conscience.

Sincerely,

A.D. aka American Dream

That is one of the most sinister missives I have ever read. Worthy of COINTELPRO. No, even worse, because now nakedly authoritarian, nakedly threatening, openly fascist.

American Dream takes off his gloves and his mask and pulls on his jackboots. It's an ugly sight. Having been outed, he now finally outs himself. But he and his fascist spook ilk are not worth a hair on the mouldering heads of MLK, Gary Webb, Michael Ruppert, Rosa Luxemburg or Viktor Klemperer, and they know it.

Elvis, how did this even happen? How could it even happen? Where is Jeff? Who let "A.D. aka American Dream" (Allen Dulles, obviously) * back in, and why? Who decided to let this cowardly warmongering Nazi creep ruin and then take over this Discussion Board?

Who runs this place? What's going on?

NB: "A.D" crossposted that loathsome "Open Letter To Jeff Wells" from to another thread, where not one participant raised the slightest peep against it. This too is telling.

- Don't let this bastard grind you down, Elvis. You're worth a million of him and his ilk. I wish you strength, and love among your loved ones.

The timing of this could not have been worse, or more slyly planned. One day before Christmas Eve. He knows everyone is busy with family, visitors, travel and preparations. Busy with love.

* Please let's hear nothing more about any antiquated and specious rules until there is finally some actual honesty around this place.

A word from Project Willow would be very welcome right now, if she can find the time.
"Ich kann gar nicht so viel fressen, wie ich kotzen möchte." - Max Liebermann,, Berlin, 1933

"Science is the belief in the ignorance of experts." - Richard Feynman, NYC, 1966

TESTDEMIC ➝ "CASE"DEMIC
MacCruiskeen

Postby liminalOyster » Sun Dec 23, 2018 5:27 pm

Elvis » Sun Dec 23, 2018 2:40 pm wrote:I am done being a moderator, effective immediately.

I don't blame you Elvis. But I'm sorry to hear it and hope you will reconsider. We agree about many things but disagree about others yet I have always found you commanding and admirable in your genuineness, clarity and ability to reflexivity. You are a kind and reasonable soul, full stop. IMO.

I have nothing personal against its author but I find the letter attacking you extremely unfortunate. It holds you unduly over-accountable for the insanely antagonistic tenor and sensibility of psychological violence around here which is a production sustained by a veritable army of guilty parties on many sides.
"It's not rocket surgery." - Elvis
liminalOyster

Postby streeb » Sun Dec 23, 2018 5:32 pm

Indeed! Quite the morning around here. Dunno if we've just witnessed the latest power-play in a years long op, deliberately run or mainly attended by useful fools -- who can say? *cough* -- but Elvis, to my eyes, you're the soul of decency and you did your best, and I hope you aren't suffering over any of this.

I've noticed that RI does tend to go apeshit around Christmas. Waking up to an unprecedented flood of AD's greatest hits (and so much more, wow) after going to bed thinking the fucker had been kicked to the curb at long last?? That's new!

I accept that any discussion of inside baseball is considered vulgar or non-productive by some, but to Jack, Mac, Belligerent and all else who saw precisely how we were being jerked around by a very small cohort of ratfuckers, and who spoke up about it? You have my thanks.

I used to refer to RI as "my morning paper." Sadly, that's what it's unironically become, as Riddler has painstakingly stated again and again: a mainstream echo chamber, at the worst possible moment, and as tits-useless to me or anyone else here as Slate, The National Post, The New York Times, The Grauniad, or whatever Integrity Initiative-style fake lefty poison AD is hosing us down with today.

It's horrible. Dreams just never seem to End around here.
streeb

Postby DrEvil » Sun Dec 23, 2018 6:19 pm

I get that AD was upset by the ban, who wouldn't be, but that letter was something else.

It would be no exaggeration to describe them as an ideologically aligned group of serial abusers.

Because all criticism of AD is serial abuse by an organized group of people. It couldn't possibly be that a lot of people just don't care for his posting style and refusal to engage. Bonus points for the "ideologically aligned" insinuation.

And this line:

... which seems intent on running the board as the personal plaything of a small group of problematic posters.

.. which is just hilarious coming from the person who is responsible for over 3% of the posts on the forum (13 posts today last I checked).
"I only read American. I want my fantasy pure." - Dave
DrEvil

Postby MacCruiskeen » Sun Dec 23, 2018 6:22 pm

streeb » Sun Dec 23, 2018 4:32 pm wrote:

Indeed! Quite the morning around here. Dunno if we've just witnessed the latest power-play in a years long op, deliberately run or mainly attended by useful fools -- who can say? *cough* --

Grizzly got it right, apparently. A honeytrap. An energy-sink, a time-vampire.

but Elvis, to my eyes, you're the soul of decency and you did your best, and I hope you aren't suffering over any of this.

Word.

I've noticed that RI does tend to go apeshit around Christmas. Waking up to an unprecedented flood of AD's greatest hits (and so much more, wow) after going to bed thinking the fucker had been kicked to the curb at long last?? That's new!

It's a fucking palace coup en miniature. The Dream is a tiny Pinochette.

America's Dreamboy

I accept that any discussion of inside baseball is considered vulgar or non-productive by some, but to Jack, Mac, Belligerent and all else who saw precisely how we were being jerked around by a very small cohort of ratfuckers, and who spoke up about it? You have my thanks.

Thank you too. And Rory, and too many others to name.

I used to refer to RI as "my morning paper." Sadly, that's what it's unironically become, as Riddler has painstakingly stated again and again: a mainstream echo chamber, at the worst possible moment, and as tits-useless to me or anyone else here as Slate, The National Post, The New York Times, The Grauniad, or whatever Integrity Initiative-style fake lefty poison AD is hosing us down with today.

It's horrible. Dreams just never seem to End around here.

The Dream Team is literally untouchable, and they know it. Nearly twelve hours have passed since the spook-in-chief posted his fascist edict, and not one of those heroes has said one fucking word against it or in support of Elvis. This board is being peartree'd.

Meanwhile, nearly everyone else is sitting comfortably on the fence as usual, watching the spectacle and waiting to see when it's absolutely safe to come out. Which depends, of course, on which way the wind blows.

Good luck to you, streeb. Stay safe in America if you're there and if you can.

Happy Christmas.
Last edited by MacCruiskeen on Sun Dec 23, 2018 6:34 pm, edited 2 times in total.
"Ich kann gar nicht so viel fressen, wie ich kotzen möchte." - Max Liebermann,, Berlin, 1933

"Science is the belief in the ignorance of experts." - Richard Feynman, NYC, 1966

TESTDEMIC ➝ "CASE"DEMIC
MacCruiskeen

Postby Marionumber1 » Sun Dec 23, 2018 6:23 pm

And the double standard can't be more obvious: it's highly objectionable for anyone to wonder about the motives of American Dream, but insinuating sinister motives behind Elvis's actions ("running the board as the personal plaything of a small group of problematic posters") is perfectly acceptable for him to do.
Marionumber1

Postby Cordelia » Sun Dec 23, 2018 6:35 pm

Elvis's resignation. What a fucking shame. What a fucking waste.

Congratulations AD on finally getting everyone's attention w/your 'Open Letter'; your own arrogant version of a Xmas newsletter I guess.

Sincerely,

A.D. aka American Dream

^^^What a Crock of Shit
The greatest sin is to be unconscious. ~ Carl Jung

We may not choose the parameters of our destiny. But we give it its content. ~ Dag Hammarskjold 'Waymarks'
Cordelia

Postby MacCruiskeen » Sun Dec 23, 2018 6:49 pm

Can someone who knows how to do it quickly please capture a screenshot of this former Discussion Board right now?

Look at the Dream Team crowing. Rampant and snickering at this contemptible fascist arsehole's (temporary?) triumph over Elvis.

TESTDEMIC ➝ "CASE"DEMIC
MacCruiskeen

Postby Belligerent Savant » Sun Dec 23, 2018 7:29 pm

Briefly chiming in simply to register my agreement with the sentiments of Mac, streeb, Cordelia, Doc Evil, Marionumber1, and others sharing similar thoughts.

Details are unknown at this time -- at least to me -- but somehow AD was permitted to continue posting after he was reportedly suspended, and proceeded to gloat via multiple shit-postings, topped by that 'open letter' screed. A vile entity, to be sure, though none of this is surprising to those following his M.O. all these years. Who continues to defend AD now?

If Elvis opted out of mod duties on his own accord, it would be completely understandable. If this is some form of an ouster, we should be informed of the impetus behind such a move, as well as those responsible for it.

Despicable.
Last edited by Belligerent Savant on Sun Dec 23, 2018 7:40 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Belligerent Savant

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion