Rhetoric and the art of Collaborative Discussion

Moderators: Elvis, DrVolin, Jeff

Re: Rhetoric and the art of Collaborative Discussion

Postby seemslikeadream » Sun Oct 20, 2019 1:41 pm

seemslikeadream » Mon Oct 14, 2019 9:46 am wrote:give each other space
no one is to be banned
the board should not be heavily moderated.
not flooding someone's thread
not driving discussions off topic
not making vicious personal attacks

6 simple rules and I take note what Jeff did not find necessary to include

the c/p harpies should take note nothing in the original rules or new statement from Jeff say anything about that or limiting number of OPs or limiting the number of posts by any member. It is really unnecessary to keep complaining about that or my banning. It is your choice be the place you want it to be post what is important to you or you can keep on keeping on. In the end if you do get your way and have everyone that disagrees with you or that you can not tolerate banned or you run them off with your constant bullying so be it but that will not be what Jeff wanted. Your only success will be to stifle.

I will follow all these rules in the future and follow the original rules Jeff set in place 15 years ago.

Jeff » Sat Oct 05, 2019 6:18 pm wrote:There's no way this won't sound anodyne, but isn't the board big enough for everyone?

I won't pretend to be up to speed on all of the disagreements here, but maybe that's good. The issues are maybe irrelevant to my point, which is that you don't all need to be pals, but maybe you do need to give each other some space.

I don't want anybody banned or the board to be heavily moderated. In return, all I'd like is some basic, online courtesy. Like not flooding someone's thread, or driving discussion off topic, or making vicious personal attacks. That kind of stuff.

Jeff out.
Mazars and Deutsche Bank could have ended this nightmare before it started.
They could still get him out of office.
But instead, they want mass death.
Don’t forget that.
seemslikeadream

Blog: View Blog (83)

Postby Belligerent Savant » Sun Oct 20, 2019 1:42 pm

Belligerent Savant » Sun Oct 20, 2019 12:40 pm wrote:.

JackRiddler » Sun Oct 20, 2019 10:15 am wrote:It's time for this board to get the one moderator or the other, and settle these questions. It's a fucking joke that Wells pays the little bit of rent so that we have the equivalent of a repeater station (with maybe 10 readers?) for whatever the day's prime disinfo is on MSNBC or Google News. Either the decisions are reinstated and the flood ends or the rest of us can go away. Which is it going to be?

JackRiddler » Sun Oct 20, 2019 10:54 am wrote:Semantical play is an essential tool of sophistry. This is why semantics matter:

1. I don't think and have not said SLAD is purposefully spreading disinformation. To divine purpose is to attribute motive, which is unknowable to me. This is yet another variant on the "personalization" narrative, as in the frequent claim that I am "attacking" SLAD, whom I do not know, when I am only describing the username's actual activity on the board. Many honest people have fallen for disinformation campaigns in the past. Many honest people specifically have been taken in by the #Russiagate complex and its current successor efforts. I cannot know an anonymous username's purpose.

2. Mere spreading is not the problem. The issue is flooding: relentless, by all forms, by thread proliferation and miles of uncommented copy-paste of daily bullshit lifted directly from corporate outlets that literally reach 10,000 times the readers as this forum, the output of which all here already know. It's like MSNBC and DNC have a local scold crew who will seek out any untoward statements and promptly reply with 25 screens of copy paste.

3. So I am saying SLAD has been flooding the board with a particular form of disinformation for years, specifically since the start of the #Russiagate psyop campaign.

JackRiddler » Sun Oct 20, 2019 11:15 am wrote:You [SLAD] should be more careful about constantly invoking a meaningless piece of "leave me alone" boilerplate from the same Jeff Wells who every day spends substantial time on other outlets angrily trashing exactly the same disinformation you flood this board with. I don't think you'd be too happy if you actually get him interested in this board again and examining the crap you do here.
Belligerent Savant

Blog: View Blog (0)

Postby seemslikeadream » Sun Oct 20, 2019 1:44 pm

seemslikeadream » Sun Oct 20, 2019 12:41 pm wrote:
seemslikeadream » Mon Oct 14, 2019 9:46 am wrote:give each other space
no one is to be banned
the board should not be heavily moderated.
not flooding someone's thread
not driving discussions off topic
not making vicious personal attacks

6 simple rules and I take note what Jeff did not find necessary to include

the c/p harpies should take note nothing in the original rules or new statement from Jeff say anything about that or limiting number of OPs or limiting the number of posts by any member. It is really unnecessary to keep complaining about that or my banning. It is your choice be the place you want it to be post what is important to you or you can keep on keeping on. In the end if you do get your way and have everyone that disagrees with you or that you can not tolerate banned or you run them off with your constant bullying so be it but that will not be what Jeff wanted. Your only success will be to stifle.

I will follow all these rules in the future and follow the original rules Jeff set in place 15 years ago.

Jeff » Sat Oct 05, 2019 6:18 pm wrote:There's no way this won't sound anodyne, but isn't the board big enough for everyone?

I won't pretend to be up to speed on all of the disagreements here, but maybe that's good. The issues are maybe irrelevant to my point, which is that you don't all need to be pals, but maybe you do need to give each other some space.

I don't want anybody banned or the board to be heavily moderated. In return, all I'd like is some basic, online courtesy. Like not flooding someone's thread, or driving discussion off topic, or making vicious personal attacks. That kind of stuff.

Jeff out.
Don’t forget that.
seemslikeadream

Postby Belligerent Savant » Sun Oct 20, 2019 1:54 pm

You can re-paste (and misinterpret the spirit) of the 'rules' however many times you'd like (and to this point you've been utilizing this tactic repeatedly over the past ~2 weeks, bested only by your continued flooding/spamming of the board with State propaganda), it doesn't alter the fact of your utterly disruptive tactics (along with your cohorts AD and PearJerk) on this board for several years now.

You refuse to acknowledge this or address any of these claims directly, but this won't go away until a moderator enacts an executive decision.

This board will either serve as (yet another) co-opted forum for State propaganda, or it will return to some semblance of its former platform, where member discourse and discussion was encouraged and welcome.
Belligerent Savant

Postby seemslikeadream » Sun Oct 20, 2019 1:55 pm

I already shot down your insinuations but keep making crap up it's what you do best

and guess what I don't owe you an explanation for your made up crap

I don't owe you anything
Don’t forget that.
seemslikeadream

Postby Belligerent Savant » Sun Oct 20, 2019 1:58 pm

Not "making it up", and I'm far from the only member stating these facts. We're all just "making it up", are we?

No, you don't "owe" me anything. This has nothing to do with me. The board, on the other hand, feels otherwise.
Last edited by Belligerent Savant on Sun Oct 20, 2019 1:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Belligerent Savant

Postby seemslikeadream » Sun Oct 20, 2019 1:58 pm

you have no facts

get your money together and buy the place from Jeff and then I will leave

or you can just keep complaining and breaking the rules

Jeff came here and made a simple statement that you REFUSE to abide by

We all see there is no moderation here so by all means take advantage
Don’t forget that.
seemslikeadream

Postby Belligerent Savant » Sun Oct 20, 2019 2:28 pm

Belligerent Savant » Sun Oct 20, 2019 12:54 pm wrote:.

You can re-paste (and misinterpret the spirit) of the 'rules' however many times you'd like (and to this point you've been utilizing this tactic repeatedly over the past ~2 weeks, bested only by your continued flooding/spamming of the board with State propaganda), it doesn't alter the fact of your utterly disruptive tactics (along with your cohorts AD and PearJerk) on this board for several years now.

You refuse to acknowledge this or address any of these claims directly, but this won't go away until a moderator enacts an executive decision.

This board will either serve as (yet another) co-opted forum for State propaganda, or it will return to some semblance of its former platform, where member discourse and discussion was encouraged and welcome.
Belligerent Savant

Postby seemslikeadream » Sun Oct 20, 2019 2:33 pm

Break the rules it is what you do best

Even Jeff can’t stop you

Too bad you Jack Mac and Rocket can’t control yourselves and are taking advantage of no moderation
That’s what toddlers do running around biting ankles pulling hair screaming at the top of your lungs because you can not get your way and you are left alone without supervision

I know it is very embarrassing for you that your BFF posted an article from an islamophobic but settle down it is not worth it to cause such an uproar
Don’t forget that.
seemslikeadream

Postby Belligerent Savant » Sun Oct 20, 2019 7:15 pm

You're either purposely flooding this board with propaganda/disinformation, or you are committing these acts -- despite repeated call-outs by members -- out of ignorance. A disruptive bad actor, in either case.

I can't know definitively which of the two is correct, but the end-result is the same.

Either way, it's been an absolute detriment to the board, and will continue to be an absolute detriment to the board despite your perpetual deflections and juvenile retorts.

Be sure to put me back on IGNORE after your next puerile response.
Belligerent Savant

Postby seemslikeadream » Sun Oct 20, 2019 7:32 pm

breaking the rules again, you just can not control yourself
Don’t forget that.
seemslikeadream

Postby peartreed » Mon Oct 21, 2019 1:44 am

The main reason I no longer participate on RI as often as before is the almost constant onslaught of acrimony, accusation and antagonism towards the most prolific members by the least tolerant. The strength of RI has historically been its inclusiveness, diversity and wide tolerance of opposing views. In recent times, like the nation itself, RI has become a divided encampment of fixed fanatical extremes. Attempts at judiciously moderating the acrimony have themselves divided into opposing techniques.

What intrigued me about RI years ago was the number of independent thinkers, the astute analysts of dogma, the curious who explored the unexplained, the entertaining personalities that were unique, different minds. Yet the most appealing aspect of it was the group dynamics of mutual support and interest.

Jack, instead, seeks a board that reflects his own anti-imperialist convictions in a cult-like acquiescence to his views and his vision of a viable exchange of reinforcing, similar and supportive articles, arguments and archived political blogs. He resents and resists mainstream media and its messengers as propaganda from its duped propagandists. SLAD, AD and other long-term regulars here instead post more popular and prolific opinion pieces about current issues in the news, particularly of anti-fascist and left wing, democratic, populism persuasion. That riles Jack and his acolytes like BS, Mac, RocketMan and coffin-dodger who share anti-imperialist scorn.

So Jack’s sycophantic supporters follow and mirror his constant complaint about flooding the board with copy/pasted mainstream news and views, and his mean criticism of the regulars responsible for its reproduction on RI. Their own cult-like conformity to this caustic cause is a further disruptive diversion. Few older regulars remain to read through the diatribes of denigration and dismissal of the dissidents.

It’s like the emotional contagion in the psychographics that Cambridge Analytica tracked for Trump’s campaign and used to target, agitate and radicalize selected social media platform users into an angry antiestablishment fervor enough to vote in an idiot buffoon as POTUS. Only this time the negativists are all imitating Jack and seeking to turn RI into the loyal Marxist-Leninist anti-imperialism of a gulag encampment of mutual admirers.

In order to achieve obedient conformity, he must first eliminate the prolific posters of mainstream news, and particularly work with compromising and urging the board’s moderators to do his bidding. Failing that, he will campaign and complain to Jeff behind the screen on other sites. If all else fails he will threaten to quit in a snit.

I suggest that Jack, instead, take his finger out of his nose and/or his posterior orfice to simply scroll past whatever copy-pasted posts and content offends his delicate sensibilities and inspires his furious fixations.
peartreed

Postby Grizzly » Mon Oct 21, 2019 2:13 am

SLAD, AD and other long-term regulars here instead post more popular and prolific opinion pieces about current issues in the news, particularly of anti-fascist and left wing, democratic, populism persuasion.

Really? Did you just call out leftists so left they're Russian bots, Now? Instead of seeing the DNC and it's pushers, like slad, ad, Jerk and you are A-OKAY that the traditional Democrats have ratcheted so far right that they are republicans lite, now! trying to out right the right! As well as corporate- fuck the working man- war pigs. Just like Russian Asset Tulsi just truth bombed the country with...

two dreams and a jerk treed, indeed.
“The more we do to you, the less you seem to believe we are doing it.”

― Joseph mengele
Grizzly

Postby RocketMan » Mon Oct 21, 2019 5:10 am

Grizzly » Mon Oct 21, 2019 9:13 am wrote:
SLAD, AD and other long-term regulars here instead post more popular and prolific opinion pieces about current issues in the news, particularly of anti-fascist and left wing, democratic, populism persuasion.

Really? Did you just call out leftists so left they're Russian bots, Now? Instead of seeing the DNC and it's pushers, like slad, ad, Jerk and you are A-OKAY that the traditional Democrats have ratcheted so far right that they are republicans lite, now! trying to out right the right! As well as corporate- fuck the working man- war pigs. Just like Russian Asset Tulsi just truth bombed the country with...

two dreams and a jerk treed, indeed.

Yyyyyyeah, even the arguments now are from the DNC/DailyKos/ThinkProgress/CIA playbook. The juvenile wannabe V for Vendetta alliteration is insufferable, but the sanctimonious, wordy cover for the militaristic/imperialist status quo is truly vomitous. I love how "anti-imperialist" is an insult in this milieu, with Russian associations. Quelle surprise.
-I don't like hoodlums.
-That's just a word, Marlowe. We have that kind of world. Two wars gave it to us and we are going to keep it.
RocketMan

Postby seemslikeadream » Mon Oct 21, 2019 7:47 am

Don’t forget that.
seemslikeadream

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion