Skripal: Theresa May set to hit back Russia over spy attack

Moderators: DrVolin, Elvis, Jeff

Re: Skripal: Theresa May set to hit back Russia over spy att

Postby seemslikeadream » Thu Apr 12, 2018 12:57 pm

@
MacCruiskeen

I don't have warmongers I don't know where you got that information but it is wrong and I would appreciate it if you would stop repeatedly spreading those lies.... thank you

Chemical watchdog OPCW backs UK findings as it confirms novichok poisoned Sergei Skripal
The Organisation for the Prohibition of Chemical Weapons backs UK findings on the identity of the substance used in Salisbury.


Thursday 12 April 2018

Independent chemical weapons scientists have confirmed that "high purity" novichok was used in the attempted murder of former Russian spy Sergei Skripal and his daughter Yulia.

Tests carried out by experts from the Organisation for the Prohibition of Chemical Weapons (OPCW) showed the nerve agent was found in environmental samples collected in Salisbury.

Blood tests also revealed that the chemical was found in blood samples taken from the Skripals and Detective Sergeant Nick Bailey, the police officer who first attended the scene.


Image
https://news.sky.com/story/chemical-wat ... l-11327382


food poisoning :roll:

blood samples taken from the Skripals

found in environmental samples collected in Salisbury

blood samples taken from the Skripals and Detective Sergeant Nick Bailey, the police officer

POISON IN THE SYSTEM
viewtopic.php?f=8&t=40564



but please carry on with your point of view
User avatar
seemslikeadream
 
Posts: 32090
Joined: Wed Apr 27, 2005 11:28 pm
Location: into the black
Blog: View Blog (83)

Re: Skripal: Theresa May set to hit back Russia over spy att

Postby MacCruiskeen » Thu Apr 12, 2018 2:46 pm

You have lost the ability to read. You have literally become incapable of distinguishing between what the corporate media tell you to believe, and what is in fact the case. You swallow whatever they feed you, then you puke it up here for our delectation. If Sky News or Buzzfeed informs you that Vlad Putin is literally an impaler, you will solemnly repost those "news" items here as PROOF that Vlad Putin is in fact, and literally, an impaler.
There sawe I fyrst the derke ymagynyng
Of felony [...]
The pyckpurse and eke the pale drede,
The smyler, with the knyfe under the cloke.
User avatar
MacCruiskeen
 
Posts: 9739
Joined: Thu Nov 16, 2006 6:47 pm
Blog: View Blog (0)

Re: Skripal: Theresa May set to hit back Russia over spy att

Postby seemslikeadream » Thu Apr 12, 2018 2:55 pm

you sir have lost the ability to read....and I am so very sorry about that...is that why you make shit up?
User avatar
seemslikeadream
 
Posts: 32090
Joined: Wed Apr 27, 2005 11:28 pm
Location: into the black
Blog: View Blog (83)

Re: Skripal: Theresa May set to hit back Russia over spy att

Postby JackRiddler » Thu Apr 12, 2018 2:59 pm

Excellent example of why your uncritical extended copypasting from corporate sources such as Murdoch-controlled Sky News and the HuffPo spinoff "Buzzfeed" (the stupidity and inherent confession of this name alone should disqualify it) is a form of board flooding without any merit whatsoever, and furthermore insults all of us. We can read for ourselves. We do not need you to compile and aggressively repeat the corporate media of the day, especially not on major stories.

In this case, the OPCW released a two-page report. You could link to an image of it directly. Instead you serve up misleading commentaries and false interpretations with bogus emotional headlines, none of which are your own.

The OPCW report:

Image

It says an OPCW team went to the sites and took samples, and to the patients and took blood samples, which it then tested at its own laboratories.

It says the OPCW confirms that the toxin found in these samples is the same toxin that the British found in their own tests as conveyed to the OPCW.

It does not specify the chemical. It does not call the chemical a "novichok," (whatever in the world that is supposed to be other than a UK propaganda term). It certainly says nothing whatsoever about the provenance of the chemical. It does not even say definitively that the chemical is a nerve agent.

Your reposting the corporate news stories here -- in context of your constant barrage of full-length copy-paste always with the same agenda -- is an insult to our intelligence and a waste of my time. I don't want to have to be clarifying the obvious against a report from "Buzzfeed" or Sky News. If I want to read (let alone argue with) that shit, I can (as I do) go to Google News.

(Regarding another thread and another poster: ditto Bill Weinberg, who really is of even less interest, being a minor sophist who has dedicated his sorry excuse of a life to undermining the anti-war movement and the left as a total pretender, and who has no fucking audience in the universe other than what he gets by reposts.)

If you have something new to add to any of that shit, please go ahead. In your own words.

If you reply to this not in your own words but with more copy-paste, as you usually do, I would immediately ban you for a month and I hope the mods do that.

.
We meet at the borders of our being, we dream something of each others reality. - Harvey of R.I.

To Justice my maker from on high did incline:
I am by virtue of its might divine,
The highest Wisdom and the first Love.

TopSecret WallSt. Iraq & more
User avatar
JackRiddler
 
Posts: 14669
Joined: Wed Jan 02, 2008 2:59 pm
Location: New York City
Blog: View Blog (0)

Re: Skripal: Theresa May set to hit back Russia over spy att

Postby seemslikeadream » Thu Apr 12, 2018 3:05 pm

intimidation that's the ticket!

feel better now Jack ...I know you get off on blustering ...fun times but you really need to get over yourself ...do you really think your little tantrum is going to intimate me?

I must say I do like your copy and paste :P

some people can read but they seem to not be able to comprehend

just stop it

NOT a corporate news source



10. The results of analysis by the OPCW designated laboratories of environmental and biomedical samples collected by the OPCW team confirm the findings of the United Kingdom relating to the identity of the toxic chemical that was used in Salisbury and severely injured three people.

12. The name and structure of the identified toxic chemical are contained in the full classified report of the Secretariat, available to States Parties.

https://www.opcw.org/fileadmin/OPCW/S_s ... 018_e_.pdf



NOT food poisoning....what a JOKE! Who's source was that?

what were the findings of the United Kingdom?

con·firm
kənˈfərm/Submit
verb
1.
establish the truth or correctness of (something previously believed, suspected, or feared to be the case).
User avatar
seemslikeadream
 
Posts: 32090
Joined: Wed Apr 27, 2005 11:28 pm
Location: into the black
Blog: View Blog (83)

Re: Skripal: Theresa May set to hit back Russia over spy att

Postby JackRiddler » Thu Apr 12, 2018 3:52 pm

Very good. And exactly as I said, above. The OPCW study confirms that the unnamed chemical substance is the same unnamed chemical substance found by the British. They do not release the formula of said substance. Unlike the British and unlike the lying-dog corporate media whose headlines you spray here like a dog on a hydrant, the OPCW study does not call the substance "novichok," a term that has no fixed meaning although it does carry the (unwarranted) insinuation of "Made in Russia." The OPCW does not identify the substance at all, but says that the formula has been shared with state actors. Therefore the lying-dog corporate media whose headlines you spray here in such volume are once again lying, in this case (as is often the case) because they are blasting something that may be true but that they cannot know to be true. As for intimidation, consider what it is that you do by spraying literally thousands of corporate media pages without any distinction or curation whatsoever, as long as they fit your slant, and almost never answering reasonably but going into a big theatrical show whenever anyone complains. That is intimidation.
We meet at the borders of our being, we dream something of each others reality. - Harvey of R.I.

To Justice my maker from on high did incline:
I am by virtue of its might divine,
The highest Wisdom and the first Love.

TopSecret WallSt. Iraq & more
User avatar
JackRiddler
 
Posts: 14669
Joined: Wed Jan 02, 2008 2:59 pm
Location: New York City
Blog: View Blog (0)

Re: Skripal: Theresa May set to hit back Russia over spy att

Postby seemslikeadream » Thu Apr 12, 2018 3:53 pm

no sir that's all you and you are mis quoting OPCW ...why are you doing that?

These are their EXACT WORDS

10. The results of analysis by the OPCW designated laboratories of environmental and biomedical samples collected by the OPCW team confirm the findings of the United Kingdom relating to the identity of the toxic chemical that was used in Salisbury and severely injured three people.

12. The name and structure of the identified toxic chemical are contained in the full classified report of the Secretariat, available to States Parties.
https://www.opcw.org/fileadmin/OPCW/S_s ... 018_e_.pdf


the OPCW team confirm the findings of the United Kingdom relating to the identity of the toxic chemical.....what do you not understand?

I don't see food poisoning in there anywhere

your words make you top dog here Jack...talk about spraying!
User avatar
seemslikeadream
 
Posts: 32090
Joined: Wed Apr 27, 2005 11:28 pm
Location: into the black
Blog: View Blog (83)

Re: Skripal: Theresa May set to hit back Russia over spy att

Postby stillrobertpaulsen » Thu Apr 12, 2018 4:10 pm

Intimidating?

Image

Jack, slad, let's dial it down a bit with the rhetoric.

You got a problem with that?
"Huey Long once said, “Fascism will come to America in the name of anti-fascism.” I'm afraid, based on my own experience, that fascism will come to America in the name of national security."
-Jim Garrison 1967
User avatar
stillrobertpaulsen
 
Posts: 2407
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2009 2:43 pm
Location: California
Blog: View Blog (37)

Re: Skripal: Theresa May set to hit back Russia over spy att

Postby Elvis » Thu Apr 12, 2018 4:35 pm

I dunno, it sure seems like the MSM is trying very hard to say something that isn't quite true. At the end of the day, the OPCW report is pretty vague, and I have to wonder why all the secrecy about the chemical formula.
"Frankly, I don't think it's a good idea but the sums proposed are enormous."
User avatar
Elvis
 
Posts: 6418
Joined: Fri Apr 11, 2008 7:24 pm
Blog: View Blog (0)

Re: Skripal: Theresa May set to hit back Russia over spy att

Postby Jerky » Thu Apr 12, 2018 6:40 pm

Elvis » 12 Apr 2018 20:35 wrote:I dunno, it sure seems like the MSM is trying very hard to say something that isn't quite true. At the end of the day, the OPCW report is pretty vague, and I have to wonder why all the secrecy about the chemical formula.


You have to wonder about the secrecy surrounding the chemical formula?! of a deadly nerve agent that can apparently be put together in any relatively advanced chemistry lab?!?!?

Elvis. Come on, man. We've been getting along so well lately.

:-P

yer old pal Jerky
User avatar
Jerky
 
Posts: 2240
Joined: Fri Apr 22, 2005 6:28 pm
Location: Toronto, ON
Blog: View Blog (0)

Re: Skripal: Theresa May set to hit back Russia over spy att

Postby Jerky » Thu Apr 12, 2018 6:45 pm

Just mute her, dude.

It's so easy. Make her a "foe" on the page where you manage your profile. If you find SLAD's "copypasta" (i.e. her collating of the daily news on a bunch of subjects of interest to MOST of the people frequenting this page, myself included) so objectionable, then you owe it to yourself, to your sanity, to your peace of mind, to mute her. It's a hell of a better strategy that flying into periodic bullying condescending rages (like the one below) which, believe me, are a far greater insult to our intelligence and a far bigger waste of our time than anything SLAD posts here.

Just mute her, dude.

J.

JackRiddler » 12 Apr 2018 18:59 wrote:Excellent example of why your uncritical extended copypasting from corporate sources such as Murdoch-controlled Sky News and the HuffPo spinoff "Buzzfeed" (the stupidity and inherent confession of this name alone should disqualify it) is a form of board flooding without any merit whatsoever, and furthermore insults all of us. We can read for ourselves. We do not need you to compile and aggressively repeat the corporate media of the day, especially not on major stories.

In this case, the OPCW released a two-page report. You could link to an image of it directly. Instead you serve up misleading commentaries and false interpretations with bogus emotional headlines, none of which are your own.

The OPCW report:

Image

It says an OPCW team went to the sites and took samples, and to the patients and took blood samples, which it then tested at its own laboratories.

It says the OPCW confirms that the toxin found in these samples is the same toxin that the British found in their own tests as conveyed to the OPCW.

It does not specify the chemical. It does not call the chemical a "novichok," (whatever in the world that is supposed to be other than a UK propaganda term). It certainly says nothing whatsoever about the provenance of the chemical. It does not even say definitively that the chemical is a nerve agent.

Your reposting the corporate news stories here -- in context of your constant barrage of full-length copy-paste always with the same agenda -- is an insult to our intelligence and a waste of my time. I don't want to have to be clarifying the obvious against a report from "Buzzfeed" or Sky News. If I want to read (let alone argue with) that shit, I can (as I do) go to Google News.

(Regarding another thread and another poster: ditto Bill Weinberg, who really is of even less interest, being a minor sophist who has dedicated his sorry excuse of a life to undermining the anti-war movement and the left as a total pretender, and who has no fucking audience in the universe other than what he gets by reposts.)

If you have something new to add to any of that shit, please go ahead. In your own words.

If you reply to this not in your own words but with more copy-paste, as you usually do, I would immediately ban you for a month and I hope the mods do that.

.
User avatar
Jerky
 
Posts: 2240
Joined: Fri Apr 22, 2005 6:28 pm
Location: Toronto, ON
Blog: View Blog (0)

Re: Skripal: Theresa May set to hit back Russia over spy att

Postby Elvis » Thu Apr 12, 2018 6:57 pm

Jerky wrote:
Elvis » 12 Apr 2018 20:35 wrote:I dunno, it sure seems like the MSM is trying very hard to say something that isn't quite true. At the end of the day, the OPCW report is pretty vague, and I have to wonder why all the secrecy about the chemical formula.


You have to wonder about the secrecy surrounding the chemical formula?! of a deadly nerve agent that can apparently be put together in any relatively advanced chemistry lab?!?!?

Elvis. Come on, man. We've been getting along so well lately.

:-P

yer old pal Jerky


The chemical name, i.e. the formula, is not a recipe. I suspect they're hiding it for other reasons.
"Frankly, I don't think it's a good idea but the sums proposed are enormous."
User avatar
Elvis
 
Posts: 6418
Joined: Fri Apr 11, 2008 7:24 pm
Blog: View Blog (0)

Re: Skripal: Theresa May set to hit back Russia over spy att

Postby seemslikeadream » Thu Apr 12, 2018 7:05 pm

the official procedure

ORGANISATION FOR THE
PROHIBITION OF CHEMICAL WEAPONS


Annex on the Protection of Confidential Information

In this annex:
A. General Principles for the Handling of Confidential Information
B. Employment and Conduct of Personnel in the Technical Secretariat
C. Measures to Protect Sensitive Installations and Prevent Disclosure of Confidential Data in the course of On-Site Verification Activities
D. Procedures in case of Breaches or Alleged Breaches of Confidentiality
https://www.opcw.org/chemical-weapons-c ... ity-annex/


confirm means confirm
User avatar
seemslikeadream
 
Posts: 32090
Joined: Wed Apr 27, 2005 11:28 pm
Location: into the black
Blog: View Blog (83)

Re: Skripal: Theresa May set to hit back Russia over spy att

Postby Jerky » Thu Apr 12, 2018 7:25 pm

Ah.

Well, I seem to recall some back-and-forth as to whether or not "novichok" was an official name, or just an inappropriately cutesy nickname (I think it literally translates as "newbie") given by those who created it.

Still and all (going from memory now), they DO confirm that it's the specific substance previously identified by the UK government, do they not?

Jerky

Elvis » 12 Apr 2018 22:57 wrote:
Jerky wrote:
Elvis » 12 Apr 2018 20:35 wrote:I dunno, it sure seems like the MSM is trying very hard to say something that isn't quite true. At the end of the day, the OPCW report is pretty vague, and I have to wonder why all the secrecy about the chemical formula.


You have to wonder about the secrecy surrounding the chemical formula?! of a deadly nerve agent that can apparently be put together in any relatively advanced chemistry lab?!?!?

Elvis. Come on, man. We've been getting along so well lately.

:-P

yer old pal Jerky


The chemical name, i.e. the formula, is not a recipe. I suspect they're hiding it for other reasons.
User avatar
Jerky
 
Posts: 2240
Joined: Fri Apr 22, 2005 6:28 pm
Location: Toronto, ON
Blog: View Blog (0)

Re: Skripal: Theresa May set to hit back Russia over spy att

Postby Jerky » Thu Apr 12, 2018 7:30 pm

According to today's report in The Guardian:

"The executive summary released by the OPCW does not mention novichok by name, but states: “The results of the analysis by the OPCW designated laboratories of environmental and biomedical samples collected by the OPCW team confirms the findings of the United Kingdom relating to the identity of the toxic chemical that was used in Salisbury and severely injured three people.”

The OPCW, which does identify the chemical by its complex formula in a classified report that has not been made public, also notes in its summary that the chemical had an “almost complete absence” of impurities."

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/201 ... -salisbury
User avatar
Jerky
 
Posts: 2240
Joined: Fri Apr 22, 2005 6:28 pm
Location: Toronto, ON
Blog: View Blog (0)

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 29 guests