The Comment Thread

Moderators: Elvis, DrVolin, Jeff

The Comment Thread

Postby minime » Wed Mar 14, 2018 5:20 pm

This thread is to make important and incisive comments on other threads which might be or have been considered attempts to troll or otherwise derail that particular thread, but which of course are not.

You may use this thread to comment on this thread also. Or you may comment on it elsewhere depending on who you are. You may also make meta-comments in keeping with the spirit if not the... of the forum. But do so at you own risk, and be aware that the intent of this thread is to make specific comments regarding other threads which are unappreciated elsewhere, and not to make sweeping comments about the forum or it[s] members.

Which makes this thread the de facto 'general discussion' thread, the one [edit: from] which all others derive.

Discuss.
Last edited by minime on Wed Mar 14, 2018 5:52 pm, edited 2 times in total.
minime

Blog: View Blog (0)

Re: The Comment Thread

Postby norton ash » Wed Mar 14, 2018 5:23 pm

Comment ça va?
Zen horse
norton ash

Postby minime » Wed Mar 14, 2018 5:25 pm

I'll go first: I ordered The Master and His Emissary (609p ugh) from my local library; however I didn't post in the Peterson thread for fear that a discussion of the ideas within might be unacceptable, as there have been no ideas presented in the thread heretofore. Cult of personality, and all that.
minime

Postby seemslikeadream » Wed Mar 14, 2018 5:25 pm

then start a thread with that as the title...wants the problem with that?
Mazars and Deutsche Bank could have ended this nightmare before it started.
They could still get him out of office.
But instead, they want mass death.
Don’t forget that.
seemslikeadream

Blog: View Blog (83)

Postby Jerky » Wed Mar 14, 2018 5:26 pm

Comme ci, comme ci, comme ci, comme ca...

Jerky

Postby dada » Wed Mar 14, 2018 5:28 pm

The OP explains why, slad.
Both his words and manner of speech seemed at first totally unfamiliar to me, and yet somehow they stirred memories - as an actor might be stirred by the forgotten lines of some role he had played far away and long ago.
dada

Postby seemslikeadream » Wed Mar 14, 2018 5:34 pm

so do we dump comments here that are posted in other threads because they are off topic or would that be considered derailing your thread?
Mazars and Deutsche Bank could have ended this nightmare before it started.
They could still get him out of office.
But instead, they want mass death.
Don’t forget that.
seemslikeadream

Blog: View Blog (83)

Postby minime » Wed Mar 14, 2018 5:38 pm

seemslikeadream » Wed Mar 14, 2018 3:34 pm wrote:so do we dump comments here that are posted in other threads because they are off topic?

You don't need to post here. You have every other thread to post anything you want. Though, of course, you are welcome to post anything you want in this thread. That's the only rule: You can post anything you want. Of course if you post something that you don't want how would I know?

"Pay no attention to this thread. There's nothing to see here."
minime

Postby Rory » Wed Mar 14, 2018 5:43 pm

seemslikeadream » Wed Mar 14, 2018 1:34 pm wrote:so do we dump comments here that are posted in other threads because they are off topic or would that be considered derailing your thread?

When someone does have a post you disagree with in one of the many data dump threads, your response is to post a flood of copy pasta therein, and onto other threads. That and you claim to have several users on ignore - why in the world would people want to have a thread like this where they can discuss topics that won't trigger your copy and paste avalanches?
Rory

Postby stillrobertpaulsen » Wed Mar 14, 2018 5:55 pm

I'm locking this thread. If you want to comment on a thread, no one is stopping you - except 82_28 and I when you break the rules!

Now back to the real General Discussion.
"Huey Long once said, “Fascism will come to America in the name of anti-fascism.” I'm afraid, based on my own experience, that fascism will come to America in the name of national security."
-Jim Garrison 1967
stillrobertpaulsen

Blog: View Blog (37)

Return to General Discussion