Total votes : 11

Re: What should Data Dump be renamed?

Postby minime » Thu Apr 19, 2018 11:47 am

So, Mac, is that a vote for 'other'?
minime

Blog: View Blog (0)

Postby MacCruiskeen » Thu Apr 19, 2018 11:58 am

Ha! It's certainly not a vote for "Investigative Research", which would be a blatant and highly misleading misnomer in view of the plain fact that it has been functioning as a mere data dump for the last decade. You might as well call it "Great Poetry", or "Free Beer". Any casual visitor is bound to be sorely disappointed.

Data Archive is fine by me if it has to be renamed at all.
"Ich kann gar nicht so viel fressen, wie ich kotzen möchte." - Max Liebermann,, Berlin, 1933

"Science is the belief in the ignorance of experts." - Richard Feynman, NYC, 1966

TESTDEMIC ➝ "CASE"DEMIC
MacCruiskeen

Postby minime » Thu Apr 19, 2018 12:18 pm

'Investigative Research' is wishful thinking for sure. Not that there's anything wrong with that. Wishing might make it so.

Maybe we could have both 'Data Archive' and 'Investigative Research' to separate c/p from original content, for the day when there is, you know, actually original content.

Ignore the above suggestion.
minime

Postby Heaven Swan » Thu Apr 19, 2018 12:33 pm

I totally disagree with Mac as he’s advocating ideological censorship.

Interesting to compare his straight up aggressive bullying and sarcastic ad hominem attacks with AD’s covert underhanded style of disrespecting fellow posters.

Re: Investigative Research. I think RI posters would rise to the occasion and make the thread even better. Pounding the pavement investigations are not the only kind.
"When IT reigns, I’m poor.” Mario
Heaven Swan

Postby minime » Thu Apr 19, 2018 12:38 pm

Heaven Swan » Thu Apr 19, 2018 10:33 am wrote:I totally disagree with Mac as he’s advocating ideological censorship.

Interesting to compare his straight up aggressive bullying and sarcastic ad hominem attacks with AD’s covert underhanded style of disrespecting fellow posters.

Re: Investigative Research. I think RI posters would rise to the occasion and make the thread even better. Pounding the pavement investigations are not the only kind.

Quite so. I suggest the "Daryl Zero Memorial Forum".
minime

Postby MacCruiskeen » Thu Apr 19, 2018 1:39 pm

Heaven Swan » Thu Apr 19, 2018 10:33 am wrote:I totally disagree with Mac

Now there's a surprise.

Heaven Swan wrote:as he’s advocating ideological censorship.

Whereas you think Anything Goes.

Interesting to compare his straight up aggressive bullying

Yes, I stole American Dream's lunchbox, didn't I? Then I laughed at his haircut. Then I gave him a chinese burn. How very dare I. The poor boy is so downtrodden he has only dared to show his face here in the playground 18,000 times so far. It's a scandal. Has no one read the UN Convention on the Rights of the Child? Where is Amnesty International?

"Bullying"? Bullshit. Bullying, like stalking, is a very serious matter, so you should consider taking a little care with the words you use. Words have meanings, and those meanings are not yours to define. or to debase, as you please. And you keep on doing it at my expense.

AD’s covert underhanded style of disrespecting fellow posters.

:shock: Stop bullying poor AD! He is perfectly free to disrespect whomever he pleases. I guess you must be an Assadist. You are advocating ideological censorship.

- Suddenly you see which way the wind is blowing and trim your sails accordingly. Suddenly you decide it's safe to attack AD too. Never let it be said that you fail to be unsurprising. Or prudent.

Quite so. I suggest the "Daryl Zero Memorial Forum".

What was wrong with "Free Beer"? I think RI posters would rise to the occasion and hand out free beer. I certainly hope so. They might even compose Great Poetry while they were at it. In fact, let's throw caution to the wind and call it "Cure for Cancer" or even "Immortality for All". Because, like, anything goes, right? A man can become a woman just by saying he's one, Cynthia McKinney is a crypto-fascist because some damn fool said that she is, Magical Voluntarism is the reigning and unquestionable ideology, I am Superman, you are Sherlock Holmes, Assad ate my homework, everything is everything, and all of it is like totally relative anyway. (Your truth is not my truth, man. Stop bullying me.)
"Ich kann gar nicht so viel fressen, wie ich kotzen möchte." - Max Liebermann,, Berlin, 1933

"Science is the belief in the ignorance of experts." - Richard Feynman, NYC, 1966

TESTDEMIC ➝ "CASE"DEMIC
MacCruiskeen

Previous

Return to General Discussion