Choose LEAST important of 10 current U.S. issues

Moderators: Elvis, DrVolin, Jeff

Out of the following 10 U.S.-centric political issues, choose the one that is LEAST important.

1. Allegations of Russian meddling in the 2016 U.S. election
74%
2. Meddling by U.S. billionaires in the 2016 and other U.S. elections
No votes
3. GOP Gerrymandering and state-level vote suppression and manipulation
No votes
4. Corporate media centralization and U.S. spook/MIC influence in U.S. corporate and social media
No votes
5. Trump as New York-born criminal holding the presidency
5%
6. Christianist movement and "alt-right" influences on U.S. politics
No votes
7. U.S. driving new nuclear arms race, expanding global arms market
5%
8. U.S., Saudi, Gulf state, Turkish, French, UK and Israeli attacks in Syria including Kurdish enclaves
No votes
9. DNC and Democratic Party effort to suppress progressive wave
16%
10. Capitalism driving global eco-extinction event
No votes

Total votes : 19

Re: Choose LEAST important of 10 current U.S. issues

Postby Elvis » Sun May 06, 2018 6:57 pm

I think Jack has made a laudible effort to rein in his harshest attacks; I had to stop reading Jack for awhile when the personally-directed stuff got really bad. I welcome the refreshing improvement and just wanted to give a little credit here for that.
“The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists.” ― Joan Robinson
Elvis

Blog: View Blog (0)

Postby Jerky » Sun May 06, 2018 7:00 pm

Why is it that people of a certain political stripe always seem to think that every single communication that takes place online seeks or needs to be an "argument"? Have you overdosed on Stefan Molyneux videos or something? And if you feel targeted, that's not my problem. I wasn't even thinking of you.

By the way, just FYI, you know your response to my comment? Turns out... IT'S NOT AN ARGUMENT!!! Oooh! I DESTROYED you! You're REKT fam!!! 100++++!!! [/s]

But seriously, Elvis. "Not an argument" isn't exactly a lacerating insult when the person you're addressing isn't trying to make an argument. Just for future reference. Think on.

yer old pal
Jerky

Postby JackRiddler » Sun May 06, 2018 7:27 pm

Who the fuck is the triumverate?
We meet at the borders of our being, we dream something of each others reality. - Harvey of R.I.

To Justice my maker from on high did incline:
I am by virtue of its might divine,
The highest Wisdom and the first Love.

TopSecret WallSt. Iraq & more
JackRiddler

Postby Elvis » Sun May 06, 2018 7:51 pm

Jerky » Sun May 06, 2018 4:00 pm wrote:Why is it that people of a certain political stripe always seem to think that every single communication that takes place online seeks or needs to be an "argument"? Have you overdosed on Stefan Molyneux videos or something? And if you feel targeted, that's not my problem. I wasn't even thinking of you.

By the way, just FYI, you know your response to my comment? Turns out... IT'S NOT AN ARGUMENT!!! Oooh! I DESTROYED you! You're REKT fam!!! 100++++!!! [/s]

But seriously, Elvis. "Not an argument" isn't exactly a lacerating insult when the person you're addressing isn't trying to make an argument. Just for future reference. Think on.

yer old pal

LOL you just did it again.
“The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists.” ― Joan Robinson
Elvis

Previous

Return to General Discussion