The Silence of the Skripals

Moderators: Elvis, DrVolin, Jeff

Re: The Silence of the Skripals

Postby Elvis » Tue Mar 26, 2019 1:01 pm

alloneword wrote:What if Sergei Skripal was a triple agent trying to escape back to Russia to tell the world the truth about the Steele Dossier, which he had helped to concoct as a scurrilous, obscene joke


Others will have much greater knowledge than I about this case but some things stand out to me. Existence of a "pee tape" is hardly implausible (knowing Trump), but neither is the idea that Skripal was involved with the dossier; Skripal was supposedly working on something/'helping MI6' with something related to Russian organized crime. If nothing else there's certainly overlap.
"Frankly, I don't think it's a good idea but the sums proposed are enormous."
User avatar
Elvis
 
Posts: 6595
Joined: Fri Apr 11, 2008 7:24 pm
Blog: View Blog (0)

Re: The Silence of the Skripals

Postby JackRiddler » Tue Mar 26, 2019 1:58 pm

This is the alternative narrative I will set out in detail here so that the reader can judge whether it forms a more plausible and coherent story... in the absence of all the facts we must sometimes use imaginative reconstruction to fill in the gaps...


This can always be plausible, since plausibility is met by a minimum of logical possibility. It can also "reconstruct" = construct anything.

Was Skripal escaping back to Russia to expose secrets about 9/11? Can you rule it out? Would you think it absurd... if it were true in the first place? Not really. Merely unlikely.

The fake Skripal replacing the real one and being poisoned so he can be permanently hospitalized by the British, who never noticed, is not plausible, however.


.
We meet at the borders of our being, we dream something of each others reality. - Harvey of R.I.

To Justice my maker from on high did incline:
I am by virtue of its might divine,
The highest Wisdom and the first Love.

TopSecret WallSt. Iraq & more
User avatar
JackRiddler
 
Posts: 15029
Joined: Wed Jan 02, 2008 2:59 pm
Location: New York City
Blog: View Blog (0)

Re: The Silence of the Skripals

Postby alloneword » Sat Mar 30, 2019 10:09 am

Elvis » Tue Mar 26, 2019 5:01 pm wrote: If nothing else there's certainly overlap.

I'd venture that the Steele - Miller - Skripal links constitute a bit more than 'overlap', particularly in light of the efforts that were made to conceal them, and are perhaps worthy of further scrutiny. I won't hold my breath on this, though, as both the Russiagate & Skripal 'issues' seem now to have run their course, 'job done'.


JackRiddler » Tue Mar 26, 2019 5:58 pm wrote:The fake Skripal replacing the real one and being poisoned so he can be permanently hospitalized by the British, who never noticed, is not plausible, however.

Absolutely, but I'm not sure that's what the author is suggesting, Jack...

Where he says: "What if the third man, or perhaps the man who was supposed to take his place, was by then lying in Salisbury Hospital", - he's referring to Skripal as being the 'third Russian' (who didn't show up for the return flight).

A poor choice of word, I'll grant you... I think he perhaps meant 'rather', rather than 'perhaps' . :wink:

The whole point of the exercise is whether this narrative is more plausible (than the officially sanctioned one). Not a high bar, admittedly... even 'Noddy Goes To The Fair' contains fewer 'counterfactuals'.

Then there's Miller's name cropping up in the 'Integrity Initiative' leaked docs (after Grizzly posted above)... as Tom Seckler concludes in this article from January:

In sum, we have a group that called for a ratcheting up of sanctions and actions against Russia, then called for a ‘catastrophe to wake people up and demand a response’, who in effect are plotting a military takeover of the British foreign policy establishment, who work closely with both scientific and non-scientific officials at Porton Down, and have some association with Skripal’s handler, and were for a time engaged in information warfare on the Skripal case.

If I were in the business of constructing rival conspiracy theories then I’d be tempted to make an accusation against the Institute for Statecraft and the Integrity Initiative.

Put simply, this is a more coherent and incriminating series of events than the evidence cited in support of the British government’s story.


Was the Integrity Initiative behind the Salisbury Poisoning?

:shrug:
User avatar
alloneword
 
Posts: 633
Joined: Mon Jan 22, 2007 9:19 am
Location: UK
Blog: View Blog (0)

Re: The Silence of the Skripals

Postby alloneword » Sat Mar 30, 2019 2:25 pm

And the band plays on...

U.S. Readying Russia Sanctions for U.K. Poison Attack, Sources Say
By Saleha Mohsin
and Nick Wadhams
March 29, 2019, 10:48 AM EDT Updated on March 29, 2019, 11:02 AM EDT

Move is in response to 2018 nerve-agent attack on Skripal
U.S. official has said sanctions to include banking sector



The White House has received a long-awaited package of new sanctions on Russia, intended to punish the Kremlin for a 2018 nerve-agent attack on a former Russian spy in the U.K.

U.S. officials at the State and Treasury departments have vetted the sanctions and are awaiting approval from the White House to issue them, according to two people familiar with the matter who discussed the internal deliberations on condition of anonymity.

The State Department said in September that it had expected to impose the financial restrictions in November. Some members of Congress argue that the sanctions are required under the 1991 Chemical and Biological Weapons Control and Warfare Elimination Act, after the Kremlin was found to be responsible for the attempted assassination of Sergei Skripal and his daughter in 2018, using a Russian-developed toxin from a class called Novichok.

The Skripals survived but a U.K. woman died later after coming into contact with the Novichok agent. The Russian government has denied involvement in the incident...


https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles ... u-k-attack
User avatar
alloneword
 
Posts: 633
Joined: Mon Jan 22, 2007 9:19 am
Location: UK
Blog: View Blog (0)

Re: The Silence of the Skripals

Postby Harvey » Sun Mar 31, 2019 1:07 pm

They know we know they know we know...
And while we spoke of many things, fools and kings
This he said to me
"The greatest thing
You'll ever learn
Is just to love
And be loved
In return"


Eden Ahbez
User avatar
Harvey
 
Posts: 2092
Joined: Mon May 09, 2011 4:49 am
Blog: View Blog (20)

Re: The Silence of the Skripals

Postby stickdog99 » Mon Apr 01, 2019 3:05 pm

alloneword » 30 Mar 2019 18:25 wrote:And the band plays on...

U.S. Readying Russia Sanctions for U.K. Poison Attack, Sources Say
By Saleha Mohsin
and Nick Wadhams
March 29, 2019, 10:48 AM EDT Updated on March 29, 2019, 11:02 AM EDT

Move is in response to 2018 nerve-agent attack on Skripal
U.S. official has said sanctions to include banking sector



The White House has received a long-awaited package of new sanctions on Russia, intended to punish the Kremlin for a 2018 nerve-agent attack on a former Russian spy in the U.K.

U.S. officials at the State and Treasury departments have vetted the sanctions and are awaiting approval from the White House to issue them, according to two people familiar with the matter who discussed the internal deliberations on condition of anonymity.


https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles ... u-k-attack


Awaiting approval of Russian sanctions from the Putin installed puppet?
stickdog99
 
Posts: 3708
Joined: Tue Jul 12, 2005 5:42 am
Blog: View Blog (0)

Re: The Silence of the Skripals

Postby alloneword » Tue Apr 16, 2019 10:04 am

Oh, dear God...

Via MoA - NYT, April 16, 2019

..To persuade Mr. Trump, according to people briefed on the conversation, officials including Ms. Haspel also tried to show him that Mr. Skripal and his daughter were not the only victims of Russia’s attack.

Ms. Haspel showed pictures the British government had supplied her of young children hospitalized after being sickened by the Novichok nerve agent that poisoned the Skripals. She then showed a photograph of ducks that British officials said were inadvertently killed by the sloppy work of the Russian operatives.

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/04/16/us/p ... trump.html

What the fucking fuck?

Lest we forget:

“Sir, Further to your report (“Poison Exposure Leaves Almost 40 Needing Treatment”, Mar 14), may I clarify that no patients have experienced symptoms of nerve-agent poisoning in Salisbury and there have only ever been three patients with significant poisoning. Several people have attended the emergency department concerned that they may have been exposed. None had symptoms of poisoning and none has needed treatment. Any blood tests performed have shown no abnormality. No member of the public has been contaminated by the agent involved.

STEPHEN DAVIES, Consultant in Emergency Medicine, Salisbury NHS Foundation Trust”

https://off-guardian.org/2018/03/21/wha ... poisoning/
User avatar
alloneword
 
Posts: 633
Joined: Mon Jan 22, 2007 9:19 am
Location: UK
Blog: View Blog (0)

Re: The Silence of the Skripals

Postby stickdog99 » Tue Apr 16, 2019 12:55 pm

alloneword » 16 Apr 2019 14:04 wrote:Oh, dear God...

Via MoA - NYT, April 16, 2019

..To persuade Mr. Trump, according to people briefed on the conversation, officials including Ms. Haspel also tried to show him that Mr. Skripal and his daughter were not the only victims of Russia’s attack.

Ms. Haspel showed pictures the British government had supplied her of young children hospitalized after being sickened by the Novichok nerve agent that poisoned the Skripals. She then showed a photograph of ducks that British officials said were inadvertently killed by the sloppy work of theRybNI0KB1bg Russian operatives.

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/04/16/us/p ... trump.html


stickdog99
 
Posts: 3708
Joined: Tue Jul 12, 2005 5:42 am
Blog: View Blog (0)

Re: The Silence of the Skripals

Postby alloneword » Tue Apr 16, 2019 7:09 pm

Or the ducks! But Stephen Davies is no 'Quack'.

The Telegraph reports today:

After the poisoning in March last year Aiden Cooper, 12, revealed that he had been playing in the park with two of his friends when they were given bread by Mr Skripal.

It was not until around two weeks later that police knocked on his family’s door and told them they had identified him through CCTV and he needed to go to hospital.

His father Luke revealed that they had to take him “for a load of tests and then the police told us they had to burn everything Aiden was wearing that day”.

It was said at the time that US officials had been briefed about the incident.

The boys were thought to be the youngest of the 130 people tested for potential exposure to the deadly nerve agent.

Whitehall sources said that they were "not aware" of any pictures being sent to the Americans.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2019/0 ... ok-attack/
User avatar
alloneword
 
Posts: 633
Joined: Mon Jan 22, 2007 9:19 am
Location: UK
Blog: View Blog (0)

Re: The Silence of the Skripals

Postby alloneword » Wed Apr 17, 2019 5:51 am

Craig Murray picks it up, and Rob Slane got a great headline out of this:

Trump in Dumps as Spook Picks Sick Kids’n’Dead Duck Trick Pics

Apparently, though, there were (eventually) some 'dead ducks':

There had been some reports of dead ducks, these ducks were taken away for analysis and all cleared as the cause identified as a bacterial problem.

https://cms.wiltshire.gov.uk/mgAi.aspx?ID=80496

But somewhat later than the Trump / Haspel interaction.
User avatar
alloneword
 
Posts: 633
Joined: Mon Jan 22, 2007 9:19 am
Location: UK
Blog: View Blog (0)

Re: The Silence of the Skripals

Postby MacCruiskeen » Wed Apr 17, 2019 8:48 am

If journalism still existed and democracy wasn't a sick joke, that report of Haskel's fakery and duplicity would be front-page news, and serious questions (demanding non-ridiculous answers) would be asked in Parliament.

Also, Haskel would be fired immediately, possibly from a cannon.
"Ich kann gar nicht so viel fressen, wie ich kotzen möchte." (Max Liebermann, Berlin, 1933)

26 March 2020: US Space Force NatSec Rocket Launch

https://mobile.twitter.com/OffGuardian0

https://mobile.twitter.com/RedKahina
User avatar
MacCruiskeen
 
Posts: 9876
Joined: Thu Nov 16, 2006 6:47 pm
Blog: View Blog (0)

Re: The Silence of the Skripals

Postby stickdog99 » Wed Apr 17, 2019 5:39 pm

MacCruiskeen » 17 Apr 2019 12:48 wrote:If journalism still existed and democracy wasn't a sick joke, that report of Haskel's fakery and duplicity would be front-page news, and serious questions (demanding non-ridiculous answers) would be asked in Parliament.

Also, Haskel would be fired immediately, possibly from a cannon.


Why am I reminded of Iraqi soldiers taking scores of babies out of incubators in Kuwait City and leaving them to die?

https://www.csmonitor.com/2002/0906/p25s02-cogn.html
stickdog99
 
Posts: 3708
Joined: Tue Jul 12, 2005 5:42 am
Blog: View Blog (0)

Re: The Silence of the Skripals

Postby alloneword » Sat May 18, 2019 4:25 am

So, as BSav noted on another thread, with the suppression of the OPCW technical report on Douma now confirmed, where does this leave OPCW 'findings' in this case?

-

Anyway, this was too good to miss:

An idiot’s guide to the Skripal affair – Syrian Observatory For Human Wrongs

“Hmm”
By Panopticon

A sad, funny story of Sergei and Yulia
not ‘funny ha-ha’, but funny peculiar…

One Sunday in March they decided to eat
at a nice little café, then stopped at a seat
where they both felt unwell at the very same minute
now I think that’s quite a coincidence, ‘innit?
So an ambulance came for the pair, as requested.
But when they were studied, and prodded, and tested,
nefarious substances in them were found –
and not only there, but spread all around
old Salisbury town, up hill and down valley –
(the High Street is now known as ‘Chemical Alley’).
A passing D.S. who just happened to be there,
was poisoned like them when he went off to see where
they lived – or did he succumb at the scene?
(His bosses told two different stories on screen).
And while a good nurse who had tended them well
suffered no side effects, ‘far as I can tell,
some thirty-eight people were treated as victims,
but I think that someone was taking the mick, since
a day or two after those numbers were stated
the whole bloody lot of them evaporated.

*** Hmm. ***

The media descended like swivel-eyed dervishes,
paid no attention to church Sunday services;
campanologists’ melodies had to be quietened,
so BBC viewers could all be enlightened:
“Could you silence those chimes, my parochial friend?”
“Well I could, but at least can we hear the bell end?”
Now Boris mistakenly took that as cue
to appear on the telly, and give us his view
that the case had been cracked by his government sources,
e’en though the police had advised “Hold your horses”;
his bods back at Whitehall had worked round the clock
to identify something called ‘DoorknobichokTM
which he claimed had been smeared on the victims’ front door,
under cover of darkness on March 3 or 4.
‘Twas a devilish stuff that will kill you in seconds,
and was put there by Russkies (or so his boss reckons).
So lethal that only a tenth of a gram
would transport you to heaven, to visit your gran.
“So we have two deceased?” the reporters surmised;
“No, they’re not dead” said Boris, “just hoskripalised!”.

*** I thank you. ***

Then someone observed something really quite odd –
that the door didn’t seem to have bothered the plod
who was tasked with the duty of guarding the place,
long before it was clear that a poison was traced.
“So how could this be?” it was asked of the Tory,
who conferred with his bosses, and then changed his story:
“No, it wasn’t the handle, but gas-tainted air
in the Skripals’ jalopy, ‘cause Vlad put it there!”
Then when this didn’t wash, he tried yet another –
it was smuggled from Moscow by Yulia’s mother! (in law)”
In one last attempt to convince us that Putin
had ordered his henchmen to go put the boot in:
“They may have consumed it at breakfast, you see –
in Ricincles or Special K(GB);
for although it would seem like the plot of a thriller,
I’m convinced that our Vlad is a cereal killer!”

*** Hmmm. ***

Then a cordon was thrown around Salisbury town,
which was only a bus ride from old Porton Down
(a village connected to our alleged traitor –
for Sergei is he – but more of that later).
The government said that their duty of care,
because of the obvious dangers in there
meant they might have to pull down the café and pub,
so the locals would have to go elsewhere for grub;
And because of the contaminated front door,
their dwelling might need to be razed to the floor.
Well, this understandably raised some concerns
with the Salisbury folk, who took it in turns
to request some advice, because nobody knows
if they’d gotten the stuff on their shoes, or their clothes:
“Should we burn our belongings, or dump them at sea?”
“Nah, just wash ‘em on ‘quick rinse’ at forty degrees”.
“And what of that sinister place up the lane
where your poisons are made, is that whence it came?”
“If you don’t mind me saying, your question’s absurd,
as of Doorknobichok TMay, we never have heard,
except for the stockpiles we keep for ourselves,
and they are all safe and secure on our shelves”.

*** Oops. ***

The blame was laid squarely on Moscow and Vlad
(as we know from our Bond films that Russians are bad);
expulsion of diplomats worldwide arranged;
accusations thrown, and insults exchanged.
All cultural visits were cancelled or put off,
and Julie Assange had his internet cut off.
Then lo! and behold, our story got murky,
in a village you’ll find in a country near Turkey.
The Syrian leader, one Bashar Assad,
was repelling invaders, which made the West mad;
but just as his victory was nearing at last,
his own population he cruelly gassed –
or so we were told by the Powers That Be,
who strung us a line, didn’t want us to see
that some brave independents were taking a risk,
like Bartlett and Beeley, Stuart and Fisk,
to show us the true situation in Douma –
if the press did its job we’d have realised sooner
that far from Assad being a monster, and hated
by all of his people, he was celebrated
and trusted to stand up as their only true hope,
in the face of attacks from the U.S. and Europe.
And he wasn’t a ‘butcher’, on murderous mission,
but a family man, and a licenced optician.

*** We should’ve gone to Specsavers. ***

Emotional images filled up our screens,
showing suffering women, and babies, and teens;
they were choking on chlorine, which made us all furious –
but no men affected, which did seem quite curious…
The West didn’t wait, we accepted the claim
that the evil Assad was entirely to blame.
He was guilty of war crimes, as evidence proved –
for the good of the people, he must be removed!
Notwithstanding the signs that the Syrians may seem
broadly in favour of Mr. A’s ‘regime’
and the fact that with Russia they had some protection
from outside attacks, or their own insurrection.
Our Washington friends would insist that they need some
of Uncle Sam’s good ol’ American freedom
which had been so successful, I’m frequently told,
where nations had hardships, and oil, gas, and gold.
The narrative blaming Assad for the crimes
was reported as fact in The Sun and The Times
and most western leaders were keen to appease the
hawkish intentions of Boris and Theresa.
But a doubt did remain that the entire event
might have been a ‘false flag’, with malicious intent –
would our lovable ‘BoJo’ condone such a stunt?
Yes he would, because he’s an untrustworthy cad.

*******************************

Before we continue I think that we ought’ta
return to the poor stricken father and daughter
whose problems all started when they were infected
with poison – but how this event was connected
to wider concerns internationally,
and the threat of an outbreak of World War III
can be found in the c.v. of old Mister S.,
and the time he was caught and was made to confess
that a Brit double-agent was his part-time job,
with some colleagues betrayed for a few extra bob.
So a jail cell in Moscow was where he would stay,
till a spy swap arrangement took him to U.K.
Here he stayed for a while, but he yearned to go home,
which worried the spooks listening in on his phone.
Was this why the homesick old Russian was nobbled?
Or was it the claim that with help he had cobbled
together a dossier aimed at the POTUS,
that the Democrats hoped would dissuade U.S. voters
And result in the triumph of Hillary Clinton,
with subsequent guaranteed hell, fire and brimstone?
The plot didn’t work, and old Trump was elected,
but whatever the reason the pair were infected,
our government said “It’s clear if you ask us,
that this can be traced all the way to Damascus,
for it shows that the Russians will use any measure
to help young Assad and incur our displeasure;
The agents of Putin can poison to order
And will have no respect for law, life or border.
But nothing must stop the success of our plan
which began in Baghdad and will end in Tehran.”

*** “Highly Likely” ***

So despite all the evidence proving this crisis
was carefully staged by the West’s friends in ISIS,
these facts were ignored by the Beeb and the papers,
who called for an end to the Syrian’s capers.
This gave our P.M. all the reasons she needed
to mount an attack, with all protests unheeded,
along with her chums in the U.S. and France,
but they thoughtfully notified Vlad in advance;
for this wasn’t a true act of war, but a sham,
to convince all the voters that they had a plan.
A fortune was spent on some shiny new rockets
(replacements would benefit shareholders’ pockets);
so where shall we fire ‘em? Mrs. May scratched her head:
“Well we wouldn’t want anyone injured, or dead,
but we know where he hides his consignment of gases,
to terrorise all of his downtrodden masses,
so we’ll send in these missiles, with shock and with awe,
and we’ll blow the dumps up, which will shorten the war”.
“Won’t those missiles release all the toxins therein,
to destroy one and all – a terrible sin??”
A blank look appeared, then Theresa retorted:
“I’d not thought of that, could you please not report it?”

*** Jesus H. Christ. ***

The bombing commenced, on irrelevant target
So the Maybot could emulate her idol, Margaret,
and show that in conflict she was strong and mighty
but meanwhile, something was stirring in Blighty…..


Our young Russian lady, whose certain demise
was expected, suddenly opened her eyes
just as Easter approached, in her hospital prison,
To be greeted with cries of “Christ, she is risen!
And to make matters worse, she had borrowed a phone
and confirmed her good health to her cousin back home
which scuppered the prospect that Yulia could
have been quietly forgotten, or silenced for good.
But what of her daddy, who’d been at death’s door
‘cause he’d got on the outside of A-234?
Well I’m glad to report that, despite the prognosis
that follows ingestion of such fatal doses
both he and the bobby awoke from their comas,
which filled sceptics’ nostrils with fishy aromas;
for what kind of poison, designed to be lethal
has no such effect on these three lucky people?
There were so many questions we needed to ask,
but journalists didn’t seem up to the task;
this global concern that had Doomsday advancing
took a sad second place behind ‘Strictly Come Dancing’.
And the government proved they had something to hide
by imposing a ban on reporting worldwide.

*** Russians can dance too! ***

So the Skripals survived , but we still couldn’t see them,
the Powers That Be had denied them their freedom
And took them away to location unknown
without access to newspapers, TV or phone.
(I thought that their chances were now slim-to-none –
remember the plotline of ‘Capricorn One’?)
Then just as our hopes had been starting to fade
our Yulie appeared in a green English glade
and read out a statement, author unknown,
that asked if we kindly would leave her alone;
for although she was well she would like to appeal
that we give her more time to get through her ordeal;
and this sentiment really had nothing to do
with the fact that her kidnappers bloody well knew
that if they could escape from their new adversaries
they’d scoot back to Moscow and sing like canaries.

For if you think that Russia was guilty, I’ll tell you
where we can meet up, there’s a bridge I can sell you…

***************************

Epilogue

So that was the last that we saw of the pair
but it isn’t the end of this sorry affair
For although we’re not sure why the Skripals were picked on
It’s clear the official response was pure fiction
and twisted to play to the NeoCons’ plan
to annihilate Syria, to get to Iran
and to demonise Russia, who stands in the way
of a world dominated by U.S. of A.
Who’d support this assault? The U.K. and E.U. did
and lied through their teeth, ‘cause they think we’re all stupid.
But the crimes we commit on behalf of our rotten
regimes to our neighbours, will not be forgotten;
their patience will only protect us so far
then the West will provoke an unwinnable war.
And we’ll wonder how things could have got to the state
where we fear for ourselves and our own children’s fate
but forget that this land, where democracy lives
is now governed by liars, and traitors, and spivs
who will rig the roulette wheel for guaranteed wins
till we find that they’ve played us like cheap violins;
whose fake manifestos fight for our attention
with lies about justice, and healthcare, and pensions;
who’ll cheat, kill and steal, till they’ve conquered all nations
preaching hatred of Africans, Russians and Asians
and throughout their pursuits they’ll accept no dissent
and it’s all on behalf of the great one per cent.

And we’ll ask God how He could allow such a sin
And He’ll say “It was you lot who voted them in”.

*******************************

In Memory of Nash Van Drake and friends

© Panopticon
2018


https://syrianobservatoryforhumanwrongs ... al-affair/
User avatar
alloneword
 
Posts: 633
Joined: Mon Jan 22, 2007 9:19 am
Location: UK
Blog: View Blog (0)

Re: The Silence of the Skripals

Postby Elvis » Sat May 18, 2019 9:15 am

^^^ That took some work! Well done.
"Frankly, I don't think it's a good idea but the sums proposed are enormous."
User avatar
Elvis
 
Posts: 6595
Joined: Fri Apr 11, 2008 7:24 pm
Blog: View Blog (0)

Re: The Silence of the Skripals

Postby stickdog99 » Sat May 18, 2019 8:22 pm

alloneword » 18 May 2019 08:25 wrote:So, as BSav noted on another thread, with the suppression of the OPCW technical report on Douma now confirmed, where does this leave OPCW 'findings' in this case?

-

Anyway, this was too good to miss:

An idiot’s guide to the Skripal affair – Syrian Observatory For Human Wrongs

“Hmm”
By Panopticon

A sad, funny story of Sergei and Yulia
not ‘funny ha-ha’, but funny peculiar…

One Sunday in March they decided to eat
at a nice little café, then stopped at a seat
where they both felt unwell at the very same minute
now I think that’s quite a coincidence, ‘innit?
So an ambulance came for the pair, as requested.
But when they were studied, and prodded, and tested,
nefarious substances in them were found –
and not only there, but spread all around
old Salisbury town, up hill and down valley –
(the High Street is now known as ‘Chemical Alley’).
A passing D.S. who just happened to be there,
was poisoned like them when he went off to see where
they lived – or did he succumb at the scene?
(His bosses told two different stories on screen).
And while a good nurse who had tended them well
suffered no side effects, ‘far as I can tell,
some thirty-eight people were treated as victims,
but I think that someone was taking the mick, since
a day or two after those numbers were stated
the whole bloody lot of them evaporated.

*** Hmm. ***

The media descended like swivel-eyed dervishes,
paid no attention to church Sunday services;
campanologists’ melodies had to be quietened,
so BBC viewers could all be enlightened:
“Could you silence those chimes, my parochial friend?”
“Well I could, but at least can we hear the bell end?”
Now Boris mistakenly took that as cue
to appear on the telly, and give us his view
that the case had been cracked by his government sources,
e’en though the police had advised “Hold your horses”;
his bods back at Whitehall had worked round the clock
to identify something called ‘DoorknobichokTM
which he claimed had been smeared on the victims’ front door,
under cover of darkness on March 3 or 4.
‘Twas a devilish stuff that will kill you in seconds,
and was put there by Russkies (or so his boss reckons).
So lethal that only a tenth of a gram
would transport you to heaven, to visit your gran.
“So we have two deceased?” the reporters surmised;
“No, they’re not dead” said Boris, “just hoskripalised!”.

*** I thank you. ***

Then someone observed something really quite odd –
that the door didn’t seem to have bothered the plod
who was tasked with the duty of guarding the place,
long before it was clear that a poison was traced.
“So how could this be?” it was asked of the Tory,
who conferred with his bosses, and then changed his story:
“No, it wasn’t the handle, but gas-tainted air
in the Skripals’ jalopy, ‘cause Vlad put it there!”
Then when this didn’t wash, he tried yet another –
it was smuggled from Moscow by Yulia’s mother! (in law)”
In one last attempt to convince us that Putin
had ordered his henchmen to go put the boot in:
“They may have consumed it at breakfast, you see –
in Ricincles or Special K(GB);
for although it would seem like the plot of a thriller,
I’m convinced that our Vlad is a cereal killer!”

*** Hmmm. ***

Then a cordon was thrown around Salisbury town,
which was only a bus ride from old Porton Down
(a village connected to our alleged traitor –
for Sergei is he – but more of that later).
The government said that their duty of care,
because of the obvious dangers in there
meant they might have to pull down the café and pub,
so the locals would have to go elsewhere for grub;
And because of the contaminated front door,
their dwelling might need to be razed to the floor.
Well, this understandably raised some concerns
with the Salisbury folk, who took it in turns
to request some advice, because nobody knows
if they’d gotten the stuff on their shoes, or their clothes:
“Should we burn our belongings, or dump them at sea?”
“Nah, just wash ‘em on ‘quick rinse’ at forty degrees”.
“And what of that sinister place up the lane
where your poisons are made, is that whence it came?”
“If you don’t mind me saying, your question’s absurd,
as of Doorknobichok TMay, we never have heard,
except for the stockpiles we keep for ourselves,
and they are all safe and secure on our shelves”.

*** Oops. ***

The blame was laid squarely on Moscow and Vlad
(as we know from our Bond films that Russians are bad);
expulsion of diplomats worldwide arranged;
accusations thrown, and insults exchanged.
All cultural visits were cancelled or put off,
and Julie Assange had his internet cut off.
Then lo! and behold, our story got murky,
in a village you’ll find in a country near Turkey.
The Syrian leader, one Bashar Assad,
was repelling invaders, which made the West mad;
but just as his victory was nearing at last,
his own population he cruelly gassed –
or so we were told by the Powers That Be,
who strung us a line, didn’t want us to see
that some brave independents were taking a risk,
like Bartlett and Beeley, Stuart and Fisk,
to show us the true situation in Douma –
if the press did its job we’d have realised sooner
that far from Assad being a monster, and hated
by all of his people, he was celebrated
and trusted to stand up as their only true hope,
in the face of attacks from the U.S. and Europe.
And he wasn’t a ‘butcher’, on murderous mission,
but a family man, and a licenced optician.

*** We should’ve gone to Specsavers. ***

Emotional images filled up our screens,
showing suffering women, and babies, and teens;
they were choking on chlorine, which made us all furious –
but no men affected, which did seem quite curious…
The West didn’t wait, we accepted the claim
that the evil Assad was entirely to blame.
He was guilty of war crimes, as evidence proved –
for the good of the people, he must be removed!
Notwithstanding the signs that the Syrians may seem
broadly in favour of Mr. A’s ‘regime’
and the fact that with Russia they had some protection
from outside attacks, or their own insurrection.
Our Washington friends would insist that they need some
of Uncle Sam’s good ol’ American freedom
which had been so successful, I’m frequently told,
where nations had hardships, and oil, gas, and gold.
The narrative blaming Assad for the crimes
was reported as fact in The Sun and The Times
and most western leaders were keen to appease the
hawkish intentions of Boris and Theresa.
But a doubt did remain that the entire event
might have been a ‘false flag’, with malicious intent –
would our lovable ‘BoJo’ condone such a stunt?
Yes he would, because he’s an untrustworthy cad.

*******************************

Before we continue I think that we ought’ta
return to the poor stricken father and daughter
whose problems all started when they were infected
with poison – but how this event was connected
to wider concerns internationally,
and the threat of an outbreak of World War III
can be found in the c.v. of old Mister S.,
and the time he was caught and was made to confess
that a Brit double-agent was his part-time job,
with some colleagues betrayed for a few extra bob.
So a jail cell in Moscow was where he would stay,
till a spy swap arrangement took him to U.K.
Here he stayed for a while, but he yearned to go home,
which worried the spooks listening in on his phone.
Was this why the homesick old Russian was nobbled?
Or was it the claim that with help he had cobbled
together a dossier aimed at the POTUS,
that the Democrats hoped would dissuade U.S. voters
And result in the triumph of Hillary Clinton,
with subsequent guaranteed hell, fire and brimstone?
The plot didn’t work, and old Trump was elected,
but whatever the reason the pair were infected,
our government said “It’s clear if you ask us,
that this can be traced all the way to Damascus,
for it shows that the Russians will use any measure
to help young Assad and incur our displeasure;
The agents of Putin can poison to order
And will have no respect for law, life or border.
But nothing must stop the success of our plan
which began in Baghdad and will end in Tehran.”

*** “Highly Likely” ***

So despite all the evidence proving this crisis
was carefully staged by the West’s friends in ISIS,
these facts were ignored by the Beeb and the papers,
who called for an end to the Syrian’s capers.
This gave our P.M. all the reasons she needed
to mount an attack, with all protests unheeded,
along with her chums in the U.S. and France,
but they thoughtfully notified Vlad in advance;
for this wasn’t a true act of war, but a sham,
to convince all the voters that they had a plan.
A fortune was spent on some shiny new rockets
(replacements would benefit shareholders’ pockets);
so where shall we fire ‘em? Mrs. May scratched her head:
“Well we wouldn’t want anyone injured, or dead,
but we know where he hides his consignment of gases,
to terrorise all of his downtrodden masses,
so we’ll send in these missiles, with shock and with awe,
and we’ll blow the dumps up, which will shorten the war”.
“Won’t those missiles release all the toxins therein,
to destroy one and all – a terrible sin??”
A blank look appeared, then Theresa retorted:
“I’d not thought of that, could you please not report it?”

*** Jesus H. Christ. ***

The bombing commenced, on irrelevant target
So the Maybot could emulate her idol, Margaret,
and show that in conflict she was strong and mighty
but meanwhile, something was stirring in Blighty…..


Our young Russian lady, whose certain demise
was expected, suddenly opened her eyes
just as Easter approached, in her hospital prison,
To be greeted with cries of “Christ, she is risen!
And to make matters worse, she had borrowed a phone
and confirmed her good health to her cousin back home
which scuppered the prospect that Yulia could
have been quietly forgotten, or silenced for good.
But what of her daddy, who’d been at death’s door
‘cause he’d got on the outside of A-234?
Well I’m glad to report that, despite the prognosis
that follows ingestion of such fatal doses
both he and the bobby awoke from their comas,
which filled sceptics’ nostrils with fishy aromas;
for what kind of poison, designed to be lethal
has no such effect on these three lucky people?
There were so many questions we needed to ask,
but journalists didn’t seem up to the task;
this global concern that had Doomsday advancing
took a sad second place behind ‘Strictly Come Dancing’.
And the government proved they had something to hide
by imposing a ban on reporting worldwide.

*** Russians can dance too! ***

So the Skripals survived , but we still couldn’t see them,
the Powers That Be had denied them their freedom
And took them away to location unknown
without access to newspapers, TV or phone.
(I thought that their chances were now slim-to-none –
remember the plotline of ‘Capricorn One’?)
Then just as our hopes had been starting to fade
our Yulie appeared in a green English glade
and read out a statement, author unknown,
that asked if we kindly would leave her alone;
for although she was well she would like to appeal
that we give her more time to get through her ordeal;
and this sentiment really had nothing to do
with the fact that her kidnappers bloody well knew
that if they could escape from their new adversaries
they’d scoot back to Moscow and sing like canaries.

For if you think that Russia was guilty, I’ll tell you
where we can meet up, there’s a bridge I can sell you…

***************************

Epilogue

So that was the last that we saw of the pair
but it isn’t the end of this sorry affair
For although we’re not sure why the Skripals were picked on
It’s clear the official response was pure fiction
and twisted to play to the NeoCons’ plan
to annihilate Syria, to get to Iran
and to demonise Russia, who stands in the way
of a world dominated by U.S. of A.
Who’d support this assault? The U.K. and E.U. did
and lied through their teeth, ‘cause they think we’re all stupid.
But the crimes we commit on behalf of our rotten
regimes to our neighbours, will not be forgotten;
their patience will only protect us so far
then the West will provoke an unwinnable war.
And we’ll wonder how things could have got to the state
where we fear for ourselves and our own children’s fate
but forget that this land, where democracy lives
is now governed by liars, and traitors, and spivs
who will rig the roulette wheel for guaranteed wins
till we find that they’ve played us like cheap violins;
whose fake manifestos fight for our attention
with lies about justice, and healthcare, and pensions;
who’ll cheat, kill and steal, till they’ve conquered all nations
preaching hatred of Africans, Russians and Asians
and throughout their pursuits they’ll accept no dissent
and it’s all on behalf of the great one per cent.

And we’ll ask God how He could allow such a sin
And He’ll say “It was you lot who voted them in”.

*******************************

In Memory of Nash Van Drake and friends

© Panopticon
2018


https://syrianobservatoryforhumanwrongs ... al-affair/



Image

Can you do 'Twas the Night Before Fitzmas?
stickdog99
 
Posts: 3708
Joined: Tue Jul 12, 2005 5:42 am
Blog: View Blog (0)

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: SonicG and 5 guests