Guccifer 2.0 - Forensic Analysis/Findings

Moderators: Elvis, DrVolin, Jeff

Re: Guccifer 2.0 - Forensic Analysis/Findings

Postby JackRiddler » Thu May 14, 2020 10:04 pm

BS & Iam,

You've both had your says, abundantly, pointedly. Can't we please say you've both also had your satisfaction? Does it need another round? Why not return to the deserving subject of the thread?
We meet at the borders of our being, we dream something of each others reality. - Harvey of R.I.

To Justice my maker from on high did incline:
I am by virtue of its might divine,
The highest Wisdom and the first Love.

TopSecret WallSt. Iraq & more
JackRiddler

Blog: View Blog (0)

Postby Belligerent Savant » Thu May 14, 2020 11:45 pm

Haven't yet read IAM's last reply. I'm sure it was righteous and just. Yes, let's move on to the proper subject at hand.

Back to one of my original sources of corroboration. I don't believe this one was shared yet:

https://theforensicator.wordpress.com/2 ... eadcrumbs/

More Evidence that Guccifer 2 Planted His Russian Breadcrumbs

Newly discovered evidence suggests that Guccifer 2 deliberately planted Russian (and Romanian) language indications, but mistakenly left his system’s US/UK decimal point style settings in force. This argues against Guccifer 2 being either a native Russian (or a native Romanian).

In a previous report, Guccifer 2’s Russian Breadcrumbs, we analyzed the 40/so documents that Guccifer 2 modified and posted to his blog. Most of those documents had Russian indications and a few of them had Romanian language settings.

In this article, we make note of an anomaly that challenges those Russian and Romanian attributions. We observe that Guccifer 2 often used a numeric style that is not typically used in Russia or Romania; rather, this numeric style is commonly used in the United States and the UK.

More at link..

Also: this lengthy article, recently published, is worth a click as well, at least for the embedded links.

https://tennesseestar.com/2020/03/09/co ... sian-hack/

Commentary: A Deep Dive into the Monstrous Lie Behind CrowdStrike and the ‘Russian Hack’
Belligerent Savant

Postby Elvis » Fri May 15, 2020 6:36 am

Belligerent Savant wrote:Also: this lengthy article, recently published, is worth a click as well, at least for the embedded links.

https://tennesseestar.com/2020/03/09/co ... sian-hack/

Commentary: A Deep Dive into the Monstrous Lie Behind CrowdStrike and the ‘Russian Hack’

This is really good, thanks. A crystallization of what remains when the fog melts.
“The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists.” ― Joan Robinson
Elvis

Postby alloneword » Fri May 15, 2020 10:37 am

Aye, that ^^^ pretty much nails it, BSav. Thanks.
alloneword

Postby stickdog99 » Fri May 15, 2020 3:18 pm

I'm not big on Russiagate myself. To me, the whole "bombshell" seemed at best a huge time and energy sink and at worst a purposefully planned psyop from the start. So I just decided to ignore it completely. Unfortunately, I was dragged into it against my will when I started organizing for the Sanders campaign because it became clear to me that Russiagate had totally infected the minds of thousands (if not millions) of Democratic party true believers.

I am not trying to ruffle any feathers with my questions. I am merely asking questions because I would like to know if I missed anything by offhandedly dismissing these claims from the start. And I plead ignorance concerning the nuances of all of your historical views on this.
stickdog99

Postby JackRiddler » Sun May 24, 2020 11:37 pm

Looks big.

Guccifer 2.0’s Hidden Agenda
May 21, 2020
Save
Why would an alleged GRU officer supposedly part of an operation to deflect Russian culpability suggest that Assange “may be connected with Russians?”, asks Tim Leonard.

By Tim Leonard
Special to Consortium News

In December, I reported on digital forensics evidence relating to Guccifer 2.0 and highlighted several key points about the mysterious persona that Special Counsel Robert Mueller claims was a front for Russian intelligence to leak Democratic Party emails to WikiLeaks:

Guccifer 2.0 fabricated evidence to claim credit for hacking the DNC (using files that were really Podesta attachments).

Guccifer 2.0’s Russian breadcrumbs mostly came from deliberate processes & needless editing of documents.

Guccifer 2.0’s Russian communications signals came from the persona choosing to use a proxy server in Moscow and choosing to use a Russian VPN service as end-points (and they used an email service that forwards the sender’s IP address, which made identifying that signal a relatively trivial task.)

A considerable volume of evidence pointed at Guccifer 2.0’s activities being in American timezones (twice as many types of indicators were found pointing at Guccifer 2.0’s activities being in American timezones than anywhere else).

The American timezones were incidental to other activities (eg. blogging, social media, emailing a journalist, archiving files, etc) and some of these were recorded independently by service providers.

A couple of pieces of evidence with Russian indicators present had accompanying locale indicators that contradicted this which suggested the devices used hadn’t been properly set up for use in Russia (or Romania) but may have been suitable for other countries (including America).

[... much much more, lots of formatting ...]
https://consortiumnews.com/2020/05/21/g ... en-agenda/
We meet at the borders of our being, we dream something of each others reality. - Harvey of R.I.

To Justice my maker from on high did incline:
I am by virtue of its might divine,
The highest Wisdom and the first Love.

TopSecret WallSt. Iraq & more
JackRiddler

Previous

Return to General Discussion