The "Abject Silence" From The Left;Detention Under Obama?

Moderators: Elvis, DrVolin, Jeff

Re: The "Abject Silence" From The Left;Detention Under Obama

Postby JackRiddler » Thu Jul 05, 2018 3:16 pm

Grizzly » Sun Jul 01, 2018 11:18 pm wrote:Uh, Jack ...

The U.S. government has forcibly separated families before. Here are 4 other times
http://kuow.org/post/us-government-has-forcibly-separated-families-here-are-4-other-times

Good article but whom do you think you are addressing with your comment? You know exactly what I was talking about, and it was the false premise of your thread headline, and not whether horrible child separation policies (generally racist ones) were practiced at other times.

If this is going to be your level of rhetoric we can just go straight to calling each other Hitler-lovers, okay?

I have said enough about the abject defamation of "the left" in the headline of this thread. It is a lie that leftists and the immigrant rights movement did not address repressive measures of all kinds taken against immigrants under Obama, and under Bush. Equating the stances of leading Democratic politicians or celebrities with "the left" (or with all people who might vote Democratic) is the active malpractice of the televised right wing, an attack trope lifted from FOXNEWS. On the "left" there are of course some types like Ted Rall who only ever see it that way, who constantly punch sideways in holier-than-thou fashion at caricatures of "leftists" as simpleminded Obama worshipping hypocrites. This is a fucking insult by omission to the thousands of immigrants and activists who have been organizing and fighting this fight a lot fucking longer than yesterday.
We meet at the borders of our being, we dream something of each others reality. - Harvey of R.I.

To Justice my maker from on high did incline:
I am by virtue of its might divine,
The highest Wisdom and the first Love.

TopSecret WallSt. Iraq & more
JackRiddler

Blog: View Blog (0)

Postby Iamwhomiam » Sun Jul 08, 2018 6:18 pm

This is a fucking insult by omission to the thousands of immigrants and activists who have been organizing and fighting this fight a lot fucking longer than yesterday.
Indeed it is and they have been screaming about it for ages. So what have you been paying attention to, to deafen your ears and blind your eyes so, eh Grizzly? Chasing after a birth certificate diminish your capacity to hear the children's cries and to see what then was right before your eyes?

Same as it ever was, but worse.
Iamwhomiam

Postby Grizzly » Wed Jul 11, 2018 4:45 pm

bleh...
“The more we do to you, the less you seem to believe we are doing it.”

― Joseph mengele
Grizzly

Postby American Dream » Tue Jul 17, 2018 10:14 am

Meet Ash Sarkar, the Communist Who Called Piers Morgan an "Idiot"

Piers Morgan is a bully. From beefing with Lady Gaga over the veracity of her trauma to attacking gender-neutral clothing as a concept, Morgan has a reputation. That's why it might be no surprise that he got called out (again) on a live broadcast of Good Morning Britain featuring a panel discussing protests against President Donald Trump in the United Kingdom.

Ash Sarkar, a senior editor at Novara Media, was on that panel and ended up in an argument with Morgan that went viral. Morgan challenged her over her willingness to protest Trump by accusing her of not protesting former president Barack Obama. That sparked a shouting match heard 'round the Internet.

Challenged about deportation figures under the Obama administration, Sarkar said she did have a problem with the 44th president's immigration polices. But Morgan wasn't hearing any of it. Morgan repeatedly asked Sarkar where her Obama protests had taken place, speaking over Sarkar's efforts to answer. After Morgan's cohost, Susanna Reid, pointed out that you don't have to take to the streets over every issue, Morgan again refused to let Sarkar explain the work she had done to protest Obama's policies, calling Obama her "hero."

"He's not my hero," Sarkar replied. "I'm a communist, you idiot."

"Have you ever considered chairing a debate without straw-manning your guests, Piers, to make up for your own incompetence?" Sarkar continued after Morgan claimed there were zero protests against Obama's U.K. visits. (Morgan was wrong about that.) When Morgan again labeled her "pro-Obama," Sarkar responded, "I'm not pro-Obama. I've been critic of Obama. I'm a critic of the Democratic Party because I'm literally a communist."

https://www.teenvogue.com/story/ash-sar ... rgan-idiot
American Dream

Previous

Return to General Discussion