Whither the Democrats?

Moderators: Elvis, DrVolin, Jeff

Re: Whither the Democrats?

Postby dada » Fri Aug 17, 2018 1:30 am

That is unacceptable, Elvis. Building a case by nitpicking at my words to justify your ill-thought, insensitive actions is not an apology. This is unbecoming behavior for a mod. It was not easy to recover the posts, neither is it easy to reformat them.

But I'm willing to let it go. Of course I'm reposting them, I certainly don't need your permission. I'm doing your work here.
Both his words and manner of speech seemed at first totally unfamiliar to me, and yet somehow they stirred memories - as an actor might be stirred by the forgotten lines of some role he had played far away and long ago.
dada

Blog: View Blog (0)

Postby dada » Fri Aug 17, 2018 4:14 am

Whither the Democrats?
Where have they gone
They haven't gone anywhere
here all along
Sucking the life out
of working jane and joe
while telling them grand nothings
putting on a big show

Kicking down at the poor
while smiling sweetly
stick to the talking points
cookie-cutter neatly
blaming the commies
the santas and elves
blame all around
except for themselves

Big tent is a rental
for a pretty small crowd
ticket booth signage
says no freaks allowed
repeat tired mantras
expect different results
tweeting weak memes
and misattributed quotes

acting superior
but no one is buying
respect has to be earned
yet they aren't even trying
thinking the people
can be played like an app
Acting like children
in need of a nap

So whither the democrats
where do they be
who cares anymore
they ain't you and me
looking so confident
acting real zen
making the same mistakes
all over again
Both his words and manner of speech seemed at first totally unfamiliar to me, and yet somehow they stirred memories - as an actor might be stirred by the forgotten lines of some role he had played far away and long ago.
dada

Postby Blue » Fri Aug 17, 2018 3:33 pm

^Ain't it the truth.

I really dislike the rules of politics and the rules of discussion of politics and usually stay out of them but it seems rather obvious to most of us Americans, the ones who don't vote: You're doing it wrong. Converging with the Republicans in policy will not get you votes. I remember when Howard Dean ran, the excitement about a Democrat who wasn't Republican Light.

It looks like a pot o' gold to me: about what, 100 million people who don't vote because they see the 1Percenters/Corporate/MIC Party version 1 or version 2. Exactly because the Dems don't try something different proves they're just in it for the money. You can see it in the way they attack Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez and Bernie Sanders.

We don't need to wait. We don't need to appease the racists, Dominionists, rich rat fuckers.

Look at that huge block of people that might actually vote if you stopped offering us fake words and even faker actions.
Blue

Postby Grizzly » Sun Aug 19, 2018 11:47 pm

Funnily enough, guess my tracking systems (otherwise known as a phone) brought up a story from the (I assume Wall Street Journal) the article said, (WSJ) I didn't click the link, but it said or had something to the effect of "The Last Diplomat". I guess empires and Murder Inc., have no need of diplomats when they're on a forever war time footing... WITH BOTH PARTIES IN ON IT.
“The more we do to you, the less you seem to believe we are doing it.”

― Joseph mengele
Grizzly

Postby American Dream » Mon Aug 20, 2018 9:36 am

It's not funny that a very similar thing happened to me. When I replied to a pm from Elvis telling me that my posts (on Syria, as I recall) had been accidentally deleted, I responded that I would discuss these things publicly with him, in the interest of a transparent and accountable board. Instead of that accountability, I got sudden suspension. Something is not right here.

dada » Thu Aug 16, 2018 5:01 pm wrote:Where did you move them. Or did you just delete them?

You know, Elvis, I'm actually a human being, not a chat bot. I have feelings, and you just hurt me deeply by forgetting that. There was some good stuff in there, stuff I put effort and energy into composing. I doubt I could recreate it, just like that.

I mean, whatever. If you don't like me that much, why not just ban me and have done with it?

Just a suggestion: maybe check with your co-mod before jumping the gun on subjective matters like 'on topic/off topic.' Opinions may vary.

dada » Thu Aug 16, 2018 7:10 pm wrote:
I recovered the lost posts. Wasn't easy. I'll put them up later somewhere, you can tell me where, or I'll find a spot in the lounge or the Questioning Consciousness thread or something.

Some real tech grunt work, there. I need a shower. Back later. Cheers.

ps, if you're going to delete this post, please move it somewhere or give me fair warning! Maybe create a "Elvis' off-topic posts" thread or something Might be fun, random posts that didn't make the cut all in one place.
American Dream

Postby Elvis » Mon Aug 20, 2018 11:11 am

American Dream wrote:Instead of that accountability, I got sudden suspension.

AD, I stated what happened with the accidental deletion. You reposted your blatantly off-topic post right back in the same place after I removed it, that's why you were suspended. Welcome back.
“The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists.” ― Joan Robinson
Elvis

Previous

Return to General Discussion