Re: Trump's upcoming employee evaluation with Putin

Moderators: Elvis, DrVolin, Jeff

Postby Jerky » Sun Jul 15, 2018 8:29 pm

https://threadreaderapp.com/thread/1018 ... 73344.html

Also, I think it's indicative of how deeply compromised the Republicans are by the same hacking campaign that led to the release of Hillary and Podesta's emails (remember that both parties were hacked - the Dems for a public shaming campaign and the GOP for blackmail material) that so many of their top men spent the Fourth of July in Moscow. Now THAT's what you call being PWN3D!!!

J.
Jerky

Blog: View Blog (0)

Postby Iamwhomiam » Sun Jul 15, 2018 8:58 pm

Iamwhomiam

Postby 82_28 » Mon Jul 16, 2018 4:09 am

It's really fuckin' weird. We have left wing friends (pundits, people we know etc) who also think this is all bullshit almost in lockstep with the right. Except! Here is my fucking point and it's been the same point I have maintained since about 2015-2016 or something. It does not matter anymore. It has "legs" and always did. It will always be referenced and remembered. However, if there is no "collusion" why the fuck are they meeting in secret? I know everything is hidden, but why is this being publicly hidden in plain sight? I detect a major step in the ongoing play to fuck with all of our heads so that nothing ever level headed (read revolutionary) is possible again in our lifetimes. If it is awful -- rest assured it is being done and implemented right now. But why?

Wanna start talking about "deep state" again, RI?
There is no me. There is no you. There is all. There is no you. There is no me. And that is all. A profound acceptance of an enormous pageantry. A haunting certainty that the unifying principle of this universe is love. -- Propagandhi
82_28

Postby Elvis » Mon Jul 16, 2018 8:11 am

Personally I find the OP link a little weird. What's with the "Homeland" stuff?

Defend it, or you insult their efforts defense of American homeland

attack on the American homeland

The writer, Molly McKew, counsels status quo in U.S. foreign policy and ignores U.S. meddling in Ukraine (where they backed the coup and installed the new government), Georgia and Syria which forced Russia to react in defensive mode.

These 'tips for trump' sound like a list William Kristol would write up in the Weakly Standard. Seriously.

82_28 wrote:Wanna start talking about "deep state" again, RI?

YES—where is the deep state analysis in Molly McKew's blogpost? Where is even a balanced geopolitical assessment? Where is the parapolitical critique of U.S. hegemony? Molly McKew has none. She lives in that overlap of neoliberal, neocon and generally big-money capitalist/fascist aims that have been plaguing the U.S. and the world for decades.

I don't go along for a moment with its "rah-rah America the Great gonna kick some more ass" exceptionalist tone. I have to wonder why this mundane blogpost has its own thread on RI. Is this the new baseline for radical analysis?

Lastly, could the thread title suck more? It's one way of looking at the situation (admittedly funny), but it's a gross simplification more given to the ordinary partisan forums or a Washington Post op ed. :shrug:

These are strictly just my personal opinions. It can't all be gold.
“The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists.” ― Joan Robinson
Elvis

Re: Re: Trump's upcoming employee evaluation with Putin

Postby norton ash » Mon Jul 16, 2018 7:36 pm

I suppose I'm a social conservative because I'm siding with the hard-working spooks instead of this cowardly shit-pants boot-licking clown show. Just for dignity's sake. I want Jackie Kennedy and John le Carre to redecorate my interior back to the awfully familiar, the terrible beauty I might recognize.
Zen horse
norton ash

Postby BenDhyan » Mon Jul 16, 2018 7:49 pm

A thaw in Russia - US beginning?

Ben D
BenDhyan

Postby Elvis » Mon Jul 16, 2018 8:54 pm

norton ash » Mon Jul 16, 2018 4:36 pm wrote:I suppose I'm a social conservative because I'm siding with the hard-working spooks instead of this cowardly shit-pants boot-licking clown show.

This is an insult to hard-working clowns everywhere. :wink :lol:

Going through some stacks of papers recently, I found this mid-'70s book (written right before Jimmy Carter became a phenomenon). When I rediscovered it in the pile, it struck me as relevant to the present 'Russia question'. I sort of collect these kinds of booklets as cultural artifacts when I find them. I'll always take the wackier ones from "free" boxes. I should start a Tumblr(?) or something to exhibit them.

Presented as a novel view looking back on Washington/Moscow relations. Is there a Kissinger thread for it?

The weird thing today is, I'm thinking maybe I should actually read this.

“The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists.” ― Joan Robinson
Elvis

Postby Grizzly » Mon Jul 16, 2018 11:19 pm

Nice find Elvis! ... post some more if you get bored...
“The more we do to you, the less you seem to believe we are doing it.”

― Joseph mengele
Grizzly

Postby Elvis » Tue Jul 17, 2018 2:00 am

Stupid me—I neglected to mention the book's direct connection to today: Kissinger has been advising Kushner and generally enjoying some foreign policy influence. (And there are probably things that only Henry Kissinger could get done.)

Elvis

Postby Elvis » Tue Jul 17, 2018 3:40 am

Just watch the first thirteen seconds:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vID_bpdeTQk

:rofl:
Elvis

Postby 82_28 » Tue Jul 17, 2018 8:14 am

Whoa, Elvis! That is some really portentous shit right there. We've been living in a sleeper cult all this time if true.
There is no me. There is no you. There is all. There is no you. There is no me. And that is all. A profound acceptance of an enormous pageantry. A haunting certainty that the unifying principle of this universe is love. -- Propagandhi
82_28

Postby Belligerent Savant » Tue Jul 17, 2018 11:01 am

Elvis » Mon Jul 16, 2018 7:11 am wrote:Personally I find the OP link a little weird. What's with the "Homeland" stuff?

Defend it, or you insult their efforts defense of American homeland

attack on the American homeland

The writer, Molly McKew, counsels status quo in U.S. foreign policy and ignores U.S. meddling in Ukraine (where they backed the coup and installed the new government), Georgia and Syria which forced Russia to react in defensive mode.

These 'tips for trump' sound like a list William Kristol would write up in the Weakly Standard. Seriously.

82_28 wrote:Wanna start talking about "deep state" again, RI?

YES—where is the deep state analysis in Molly McKew's blogpost? Where is even a balanced geopolitical assessment? Where is the parapolitical critique of U.S. hegemony? Molly McKew has none. She lives in that overlap of neoliberal, neocon and generally big-money capitalist/fascist aims that have been plaguing the U.S. and the world for decades.

I don't go along for a moment with its "rah-rah America the Great gonna kick some more ass" exceptionalist tone. I have to wonder why this mundane blogpost has its own thread on RI. Is this the new baseline for radical analysis?

Lastly, could the thread title suck more? It's one way of looking at the situation (admittedly funny), but it's a gross simplification more given to the ordinary partisan forums or a Washington Post op ed. :shrug:

These are strictly just my personal opinions. It can't all be gold.

SPOT-ON, sir. :clapping:
Belligerent Savant

Postby Jerky » Wed Jul 18, 2018 8:43 pm

Elvis, you think US "meddling" in Ukraine, Georgia and Syria have forced Russia's hand somehow? What about Russian meddling in those countries? Forget about their fucking with other Western nations for a moment and consider that those nations, regardless of their proximity to Russia, have been ostensibly free for thirty years now, and that your analysis of the situation is woefully naive and simplistic and reflexively Russophilic for some reason. Why should Russia have any say in what they do any more than the USA?

As for Syria, if you think Assad and Putin are the good guys in that situation, and that once again "US meddling" is the root of the problem... I don't know what to say in a context like this, except that you're tragically wrong, swallowing low-hanging propaganda fruit while poo-poo'ing mainstream analysis and scholarship surrounding the situation precisely because it is mainstream, which is a recipe for disaster.

As for the title for this thread possibly being worse... of course it could be worse. But thanks for at least admitting that it was somewhat amusing. It's a joke that's making the rounds, anyway, and I thought it was cute and certainly not problematic for a forum such as this.

Jerky
Jerky

Postby smiths » Wed Jul 18, 2018 8:58 pm

Why have you put meddling in inverted commas Jerky, is there some aspect of that meddling that you contest?

"I thought it was cute and certainly not problematic for a forum such as this"

I dont think its cute, i think its stupid bullshit, and yes its problematic

Can you point me to the evidence of Russian hacking, i;'d love to see it
the question is why, who, why, what, why, when, why and why again?
smiths

Postby Elvis » Wed Jul 18, 2018 9:52 pm

Jerky wrote:Elvis, you think US "meddling" in Ukraine, Georgia and Syria have forced Russia's hand somehow?

Yes, I do. The what-abouts don't change that. I didn't support Reagan and Oliver North's support of the Nicaraguan Contras, either.

you're tragically wrong, swallowing low-hanging propaganda fruit while poo-poo'ing mainstream analysis

Excuse me but my head just exploded. Yeah, mainstream analysis has done really good by me. It's just been spot on, time and time again. What was I thinking?

As for the title for this thread

I admit to using the joke at dinner with friends for an easy chuckle. My dining companions are convinced Putin is blackmailing Trump, and I have to say, I don't see why he wouldn't.
Elvis

Next

Return to General Discussion