The "What Am I Really Looking At" Thread

Moderators: Elvis, DrVolin, Jeff

Re: The "What Am I Really Looking At" Thread

Postby Jerky » Mon Jul 30, 2018 4:52 pm

"Huntsville" is probably where they end up sending the handful of profoundly self-destructive and/or suicidal people who end up contacting McKamey, begging him and his cronies to "do their worst" and asking to experience "the ultimate" horror on offer -- you know, the kind o thing they can't talk about on TV -- but only after a thorough vetting process takes place. Ideal candidates would be estranged from their families, have no friends to speak of, be unemployed or working jobs where they can be easily replaced and won't be missed when they just stop showing up. Stuff like that.

I'm sure this "Huntsville" isn't really in Alabama, either. It's probably just a cheeky codename for the place where McKamey films himself and his cronies "hunting" these pathetic creatures, torturing them for hours, first during a protracted chase, then as captives in some chamber of horrors, where they can really make the best, fullest use of all those soul-destroying psychiatric techniques they've mastered back at HQ, pushing things right up to - and ultimately, over - the edge.

Huntsville, indeed.

Jerky

DrEvil » 30 Jul 2018 19:45 wrote:
Wouldn’t surprise me if they weren’t betting on how long a guest will survive!

<tinfoil>
Sounds like the publicity wing of some messed up Hostel shit. This is what they show us plebs. If you have a platinum membership (and a thorough vetting) you get to take part in the "real" thing, probably in Huntsville.
</tinfoil>
Jerky

Blog: View Blog (0)

Postby Elvis » Mon Jul 30, 2018 6:01 pm

Seems like it would be a good way of identifying the best candidates for programming. McKamey wouldn't even have to know about that part.
“The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists.” ― Joan Robinson
Elvis

Postby brainpanhandler » Mon Jul 30, 2018 8:12 pm

Jerky » Mon Jul 30, 2018 3:52 pm wrote:I'm sure this "Huntsville" isn't really in Alabama, either.

Maybe, except:

brainpanhandler » Sat Jul 28, 2018 10:37 am wrote:https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Redstone_Arsenal
"Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity." - Martin Luther King Jr.
brainpanhandler

Postby elfismiles » Wed Oct 10, 2018 10:58 am

Cyclical holiday coverage ensues...

Inside the 'world's scariest' haunted house where no one has ever lasted more than six hours
WARNING - DISTRESSING FOOTAGE AND IMAGES: Guests have to undergo a background health check but one person suffered a heart attack during the experience, according to reports
By Danya Bazaraa News Reporter
13:51, 9 OCT 2018Updated12:30, 10 OCT 2018
https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/world-new ... s-13388894
elfismiles

Blog: View Blog (4)

Postby elfismiles » Tue Oct 29, 2019 10:46 am

Seems like its been getting a lot of coverage again ...

'Torture chamber under disguise' Petition wants extreme Tennessee haunted house to close
by Kaylin Jorge
Monday, October 28th 2019

NASHVILLE, Tenn. (WZTV) — Thousands have signed an online petition to shut down an extreme haunted house in Tennessee that they call a "torture chamber under disguise."

It's not the first time people have called for its closure, but "Shut Down McKamey Manor" has nearly nearly 30,000 signatures on Change.Org.

Frankie Towery, who started the petition, calls McKamey Manor a "kidnapping and torture house."
ADVERTISING

The McKamey Manor experiences in Summertown promises an extreme experience that can last up to 10 hours requires participants be medically cleared by a doctor and sign a 40-page waiver. Thousands of dollars are offered to anyone who can complete the experience, but owner Russ McKamey told media outlets that no one has ever made it the whole way.

ALSO SEE: FERRIER FILES: Extreme haunted house 'McKamey Manor' comes to middle Tennessee

It costs nearly nothing to enter: Just a bag of dog food. The website warns of physically demanding environments, but McKamey says the manor is a mental game. The haunted house has a 40-page waiver. On that waiver it says you agree to being shocked, submerged in water, slapped, tied up, shaved or even unwanted dental work.

Only one person is allowed on a tour. It can last for hours, although McKamey says it never does.

FOX 17 News reported on a story last year when neighbors, county officials were upset after the extreme haunted house opens for business in their area. Last year, there was a report of a woman being kidnapped. Police arrived and found a woman shivering beaten and duct-taped in a cellar.

But guess what; she signed up for it.

https://fox17.com/news/local/torture-ch ... e-to-close
elfismiles

Blog: View Blog (4)

Previous

Return to General Discussion