Oh my dear, sweet Jesus Christ...

Moderators: Elvis, DrVolin, Jeff

Oh my dear, sweet Jesus Christ...

Postby Jerky » Wed Sep 05, 2018 6:50 am

Jerky

Blog: View Blog (0)

Re: Oh my dear, sweet Jesus Christ...

Postby seemslikeadream » Wed Sep 05, 2018 7:00 am

no worries Jim Mattis has saved Assad's life by staging a coup in the White House :?

too bad he couldn't save the babies in cages

we are in crazy town it's the worst job I have ever had......John Kelly...the racist John Kelly working for trump is the worst job he ever had

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mbKBWtoH93Q
Mazars and Deutsche Bank could have ended this nightmare before it started.
They could still get him out of office.
But instead, they want mass death.
Don’t forget that.
seemslikeadream

Blog: View Blog (83)

Postby elfismiles » Wed Sep 05, 2018 10:00 am

Is this from Woodward's book?
elfismiles

Blog: View Blog (4)

Postby Jerky » Wed Sep 05, 2018 10:26 am

Yup.
Jerky

Postby liminalOyster » Wed Sep 05, 2018 10:27 am

seemslikeadream » Wed Sep 05, 2018 7:00 am wrote:no worries Jim Mattis has saved Assad's life by staging a coup in the White House

Are you not appreciative of Mattis on that one?

"It's not rocket surgery." - Elvis
liminalOyster

Postby seemslikeadream » Wed Sep 05, 2018 10:34 am

but the military is not supposed to be running the WH ....

I would rather see babies reunited with their parents....Mattis seems to be OK with kidnapping brown children
Don’t forget that.
seemslikeadream

Postby Cordelia » Wed Sep 05, 2018 11:17 am

Like clockwork, a Bob Woodward book. :roll:

...Lyndon Johnson would torment the President by "flicking his ears" ...

I can believe Johnson's ghost would mess w/him; he had a thing for ears (and dogs).

The greatest sin is to be unconscious. ~ Carl Jung

We may not choose the parameters of our destiny. But we give it its content. ~ Dag Hammarskjold 'Waymarks'
Cordelia

Postby Wombaticus Rex » Wed Sep 05, 2018 12:16 pm

LBJ has vast contempt for Donald Trump for the same reason he had vast contempt for JFK: neither of them have ever killed a man themselves.
Wombaticus Rex

Postby seemslikeadream » Wed Sep 05, 2018 1:13 pm

Donald J. Trump

Verified account

@realDonaldTrump
Follow Follow @realDonaldTrump

Only the Obama WH can get away with attacking Bob Woodward.

Matthew Yglesias

Verified account

@mattyglesias
2h2 hours ago

To me the weirdest part of the Theranos saga is Jim Mattis was on the board and meaningfully participated in the fraud and nobody wants to talk about it because we are counting on him to quietly stage a coup if necessary to prevent Trump from getting millions of people killed.
Don’t forget that.
seemslikeadream

Postby peartreed » Wed Sep 05, 2018 1:29 pm

It’s no surprise that Trump’s inner child is haunted by the lingering shades of passed presidents past in the shadows of the oval office, where emotional maturity once reigned. Those legends are watching over the long legacy of legitimate leadership now lost to the little lunatic cowering under a charade of charisma to cover his covert con artist corruption and contempt. All he is filling is his own fantasy - and his pants.
peartreed

Postby liminalOyster » Wed Sep 05, 2018 10:06 pm

peartreed » Wed Sep 05, 2018 1:29 pm wrote:where emotional maturity once reigned.

RI Mandela effect.
"It's not rocket surgery." - Elvis
liminalOyster

Postby JackRiddler » Wed Sep 05, 2018 10:45 pm

Sorry, I remember shit from five minutes ago, also from 30 years ago (publication of Veil). Woodward has been humping his Watergate coup and writing bad novels for more than 40.

More to the point here:

As evil as Woodward is, I can't believe, even in 2018, that he has no editors. Or that his editors are so post-literate that they can't get apostrophes right. (Hint: An apostrophe is not meant to signify, "Watch out everyone, here comes an s!")

Note: I don't give a flying fuck if this is an otherwise faithful transcription by a type-monkey who copied what was in the book and only got the apostrophes wrong.

As long as those are wrong, as long as this is a fucking meme graphic, the text is suspect. It is to be treated as null and void. You may not get it, but I guarantee you Woodward and his editors get it. They will be treating apostrophe mistakes in a printed monograph as cardinal sins, as in: eternity in hell is the punishment! I guarantee you this would bother them more than almost any other mistake you could accuse them of.

In short, post no more meme graphics. Post only confirmed text from the book. Absolutely nothing counts without correct page numbers in proper citations. (Preferably should conform to Chicago or MLA form, but that's surely too much to ask of you.)

Otherwise, begone with the bullshit!

Last edited by JackRiddler on Wed Sep 05, 2018 10:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
We meet at the borders of our being, we dream something of each others reality. - Harvey of R.I.

To Justice my maker from on high did incline:
I am by virtue of its might divine,
The highest Wisdom and the first Love.

TopSecret WallSt. Iraq & more
JackRiddler

Postby JackRiddler » Wed Sep 05, 2018 10:48 pm

Wombaticus Rex » Wed Sep 05, 2018 11:16 am wrote:LBJ has vast contempt for Donald Trump for the same reason he had vast contempt for JFK: neither of them have ever killed a man themselves.

A couple of million in Vietnam, but I doubt he was in on JFK. That would really not be the point for Dulles and Co., to include him before the demonstration of his own vulnerability. Just saying.

Also, at this point, if he never ordered anyone killed before (doubtful), Trump has certainly had his share of drone bomb sign-offs.

Thanks for that PM the other day. I totally see what you mean!
We meet at the borders of our being, we dream something of each others reality. - Harvey of R.I.

To Justice my maker from on high did incline:
I am by virtue of its might divine,
The highest Wisdom and the first Love.

TopSecret WallSt. Iraq & more
JackRiddler

Postby dada » Wed Sep 05, 2018 11:42 pm

JackRiddler wrote:I can't believe, even in 2018, that he has no editors. Or that his editors are so post-literate that they can't get apostrophes right.

I blame the ghostwriter.

Get it? Funny, right?

That is a terrible mistake to let get by, I agree. No real editor would let that slip past. But of course at this level in the publishing world, the editor has ghost editors. Usually somewhere down the line, one of them is an overworked, underpaid real editor fully versed in the Chicago style like it's second nature, a true talent that the author, editor, and publisher don't deserve in the least bit, aren't worthy of shining this ghost editors shoes. The rest of the team are just phoning it in, pushing off the work onto whoever they can, whenever they can, all of them willing to take credit but none of the responsibility, spending billable hours sending emails of excuses back and forth as to why this or that is someone else's job not theirs, instead of doing any work.

So most likely, team Woodward had no one of that caliber in the ghost chain. Blame will be passed down the totem pole until it gets to the bottom ghost, who will also not take responsibility. So in the end - the crux of the biscuit, as it were - the apostrophe will be no one's fault, no one missed it, it just appeared there.

Like a ghost.
Both his words and manner of speech seemed at first totally unfamiliar to me, and yet somehow they stirred memories - as an actor might be stirred by the forgotten lines of some role he had played far away and long ago.
dada

Postby 82_28 » Wed Sep 05, 2018 11:48 pm

Don't be cagey JR. If you're going to bring up a PM in GD inferring "in-groups", you should actually divulge what the "secret" prop was about. If not, don't mention it. I don't.
There is no me. There is no you. There is all. There is no you. There is no me. And that is all. A profound acceptance of an enormous pageantry. A haunting certainty that the unifying principle of this universe is love. -- Propagandhi
82_28

Next

Return to General Discussion