Thread for destroying Woodward

Moderators: Elvis, DrVolin, Jeff

Re: Thread for destroying Woodward

Postby dada » Fri Sep 14, 2018 1:21 pm

I feel I should clarify, when I say "I think the motivation behind the (Belushi) hit piece was to send a message to other comedians," I don't mean that was team Woodward's motivation. That was the motivation for where the money for the project came from. Team Woodward's motivation was getting paid.
Both his words and manner of speech seemed at first totally unfamiliar to me, and yet somehow they stirred memories - as an actor might be stirred by the forgotten lines of some role he had played far away and long ago.
dada

Blog: View Blog (0)

Postby Cordelia » Fri Sep 14, 2018 2:37 pm

The animatronic Maestro promoting his 'investigative' reporting Master Class. What a crock, but worth watching, at least for the 1:20 mark's demonstration of Woodward inflicting self pain to shut himself up (which is what, a cue programmed by his NLP handlers?).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_cont ... ABAhMSSQUU

All The Post Puppet's Books:

All the President's Men (1974) about the Watergate scandal written with Carl Bernstein

The Final Days (1976) about Nixon's resignation written with Carl Bernstein

The Brethren (1979) about the Supreme Court in the Warren E. Burger years written with Scott Armstrong

Wired (1984) on the death of John Belushi and the Hollywood drug culture

Veil: The Secret Wars of the CIA (1987) about the CIA's "secret wars" during the reign of William J. Casey

The Commanders (1991) on The Pentagon, the first Bush administration and the Gulf War

The Agenda (1994) about Bill Clinton's first term

The Choice (1996) about Bill Clinton's re-election bid

Shadow (1999) on the legacy of Watergate and the scandals that faced later Presidential administrations

Maestro (2000) about Federal Reserve chairman Alan Greenspan

Bush at War (2002) about the path to war with Afghanistan following September 11

Plan of Attack (2004) about how and why President George W. Bush decided to go to war with Iraq

The Secret Man (2005) about Mark Felt's disclosure, after more than 30 years, that he was Deep Throat.

State of Denial: Bush at War, Part III (2006) about the Bush administration and the War in Iraq

The War Within: A Secret White House History (2006–2008) (2008) ISBN

Obama's Wars (2010) about the Obama administration's handling of the wars in Iraq and Afghanistan

The Price of Politics (2012) about President Obama and congressional Republican and Democratic leaders' attempt to restore the American economy and improve the federal government's fiscal condition over 3.5 years

The Last of the President's Men (2015) about Alexander Butterfield, the Nixon aide who disclosed the secret White House taping system that changed history and led to Nixon's resignation

Fear: Trump in the White House (2018)

Almost forty five years since that new chapter in Washington/Hollywood manufacturing opened and he's still profitable. Milk those cash-cow legends as long as possible.

ImageImage

My 2 cents.
The greatest sin is to be unconscious. ~ Carl Jung

We may not choose the parameters of our destiny. But we give it its content. ~ Dag Hammarskjold 'Waymarks'
Cordelia

Postby RocketMan » Fri Sep 14, 2018 2:47 pm

"This is the... final exam... for democracy."

:starz: :starz: :starz: :hrumph :hrumph :hrumph

WHAT A CROCK is right. Self-righteous, power-coddling, American exceptionalist prick.

Cordelia » Fri Sep 14, 2018 9:37 pm wrote:The animatronic Maestro promoting his 'investigative' reporting Master Class. What a crock, but worth watching, at least for the 1:20 mark's demonstration of Woodward inflicting self pain to shut himself up (which is what, a cue programmed by his NLP handlers?).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_cont ... ABAhMSSQUU

All The Post Puppet's Books:

All the President's Men (1974) about the Watergate scandal written with Carl Bernstein

The Final Days (1976) about Nixon's resignation written with Carl Bernstein

The Brethren (1979) about the Supreme Court in the Warren E. Burger years written with Scott Armstrong

Wired (1984) on the death of John Belushi and the Hollywood drug culture

Veil: The Secret Wars of the CIA (1987) about the CIA's "secret wars" during the reign of William J. Casey

The Commanders (1991) on The Pentagon, the first Bush administration and the Gulf War

The Agenda (1994) about Bill Clinton's first term

The Choice (1996) about Bill Clinton's re-election bid

Shadow (1999) on the legacy of Watergate and the scandals that faced later Presidential administrations

Maestro (2000) about Federal Reserve chairman Alan Greenspan

Bush at War (2002) about the path to war with Afghanistan following September 11

Plan of Attack (2004) about how and why President George W. Bush decided to go to war with Iraq

The Secret Man (2005) about Mark Felt's disclosure, after more than 30 years, that he was Deep Throat.

State of Denial: Bush at War, Part III (2006) about the Bush administration and the War in Iraq

The War Within: A Secret White House History (2006–2008) (2008) ISBN

Obama's Wars (2010) about the Obama administration's handling of the wars in Iraq and Afghanistan

The Price of Politics (2012) about President Obama and congressional Republican and Democratic leaders' attempt to restore the American economy and improve the federal government's fiscal condition over 3.5 years

The Last of the President's Men (2015) about Alexander Butterfield, the Nixon aide who disclosed the secret White House taping system that changed history and led to Nixon's resignation

Fear: Trump in the White House (2018)

Almost forty five years since that new chapter in Washington/Hollywood manufacturing opened and he's still profitable. Milk those cash-cow legends as long as possible.

ImageImage

My 2 cents.
-I don't like hoodlums.
-That's just a word, Marlowe. We have that kind of world. Two wars gave it to us and we are going to keep it.
RocketMan

Previous

Return to General Discussion