The Democratic Party, 2019

Moderators: Elvis, DrVolin, Jeff

Re: The Democratic Party, 2019

Postby RocketMan » Wed Oct 02, 2019 5:46 am

Nancy Pelosi being Nancy Pelosi again. It's about Jessica Cisneros primarying a "George W. Bush Democrat" in Texas: https://www.nytimes.com/2019/07/03/us/p ... -2020.html

And here's the very reliable Krystal Ball on the centrist fetish of UNITY.

-I don't like hoodlums.
-That's just a word, Marlowe. We have that kind of world. Two wars gave it to us and we are going to keep it.
RocketMan

Blog: View Blog (0)

Postby Marionumber1 » Thu Oct 03, 2019 10:55 am

RocketMan » Mon Sep 30, 2019 2:43 pm wrote:This caught even little old me off guard. I am incredibly grateful for the people doing this type of research. They will find no sympathetic ear pretty much in any establishment corner.

A corrupt shitshow, is the Democratic Party.

https://sfbayview.com/2019/09/election- ... sTaLQz5cfI

Election interference: 2016 paper trails suggest fraud in Democratic primaries

This kind of electronic vote rigging is absolutely a systemic part of all US elections, though the 2016 primaries were particularly egregious. I've documented it on CAVDEF: http://cavdef.org/w/index.php?title=2016_Democratic_primaries And one of the cited links is a great report by Election Justice USA called "Democracy Lost" which goes into a lot of depth about the evidence for fraud.
Marionumber1

Postby RocketMan » Thu Oct 03, 2019 3:15 pm

Thanks Mario, I will take a look!
-I don't like hoodlums.
-That's just a word, Marlowe. We have that kind of world. Two wars gave it to us and we are going to keep it.
RocketMan

Postby stickdog99 » Thu Oct 03, 2019 7:45 pm

stickdog99

Postby PufPuf93 » Fri Oct 04, 2019 12:08 am

Key Points

Biden announced Thursday that his campaign raised $15 million in the third quarter this year.
Bernie Sanders raised $25 million and Pete Buttigieg raised $19.1 million in the last quarter while Kamala Harris raised $11.6 million. Elizabeth Warren has not yet released her fundraising numbers.
President Donald Trump’s 2020 reelection campaign and the Republican National Committee raised a total of $125 million in the third quarter.

Trump and RNC $125 million!!!

Out of that bunch, I favor Warren (easily).
PufPuf93

Postby Grizzly » Fri Oct 04, 2019 12:56 am

Just stopping by with another DRIVE-BY, fam ...'

FUC THE dnc
“The more we do to you, the less you seem to believe we are doing it.”

― Joseph mengele
Grizzly

Postby stickdog99 » Fri Oct 04, 2019 2:48 am

PufPuf93 » 04 Oct 2019 04:08 wrote:

Key Points

Biden announced Thursday that his campaign raised $15 million in the third quarter this year.
Bernie Sanders raised $25 million and Pete Buttigieg raised $19.1 million in the last quarter while Kamala Harris raised $11.6 million. Elizabeth Warren has not yet released her fundraising numbers.
President Donald Trump’s 2020 reelection campaign and the Republican National Committee raised a total of $125 million in the third quarter.

Warren is not among "that bunch" because she has not yet released her fund raising numbers for the quarter.

Biden is done. His campaign is DOA. What a surprise that exactly nobody wanted Obamaquo to the point that our oligarchs would not even chip in enough to maintain the charade.

The oligarchs have clearly already deserted Biden's sinking ship. All aboard the Trump $teamroll$ Pocahontas train!
stickdog99

Postby RocketMan » Fri Oct 04, 2019 3:17 am

Why would you "easily" favour Warren over Sanders? This never ceases to be puzzling to me, this phenomenon. She's Sanders Light. She copies his policies, hell, she even recently copied his idea of "anti-endorsements". She will fold like a cheap suit if elected on her most radical policies, which are fuzzy to begin with.
-I don't like hoodlums.
RocketMan

Postby JackRiddler » Fri Oct 04, 2019 8:48 am

Grizzly » Thu Oct 03, 2019 11:56 pm wrote:Just stopping by with another DRIVE-BY, fam ...'

FUC THE dnc

That's me. One of out 5,750. An out-of-state donor. To the tune of 27 big ones, man.
We meet at the borders of our being, we dream something of each others reality. - Harvey of R.I.

To Justice my maker from on high did incline:
I am by virtue of its might divine,
The highest Wisdom and the first Love.

TopSecret WallSt. Iraq & more
JackRiddler

Postby PufPuf93 » Fri Oct 04, 2019 11:07 am

stickdog99 » Thu Oct 03, 2019 11:48 pm wrote:
PufPuf93 » 04 Oct 2019 04:08 wrote:

Key Points

Warren is not among "that bunch" because she has not yet released her fund raising numbers for the quarter.

Biden is done. His campaign is DOA. What a surprise that exactly nobody wanted Obamaquo to the point that our oligarchs would not even chip in enough to maintain the charade.

The oligarchs have clearly already deserted Biden's sinking ship. All aboard the Trump $teamroll$ Pocahontas train!

"That bunch" in my statement referred to the list of top 2020 POTUS contestants mentioned in the article that includes Warren even though her campaign has yet to disclose contributions.

Biden is harmed and will continue to be targeted and slimed, some warranted. I do not want Biden as POTUS or candidate and have not supported Biden in the past. I am not pleased that Hunter Biden received $50,000 a month from a Ukrainian natural gas company, at best poor optics and taking advantage because of the prominence and access of nepotism.

That Trump is out by impeachment and conviction or resignation or that Trump will lose the 2020 election would appear to be sure but I will only believe Trump is out when Trump is actually gone, even then the Trump holdovers and damage will persist. Lots of $$$ supports Trump.
PufPuf93

Postby PufPuf93 » Fri Oct 04, 2019 11:20 am

RocketMan » Fri Oct 04, 2019 12:17 am wrote:Why would you "easily" favour Warren over Sanders? This never ceases to be puzzling to me, this phenomenon. She's Sanders Light. She copies his policies, hell, she even recently copied his idea of "anti-endorsements". She will fold like a cheap suit if elected on her most radical policies, which are fuzzy to begin with.

First I am perpetually fated to having to vote for politicians who would not be my choice and have experienced this fact since first registered to vote in 1971.

I favor Warren over Sanders because:

1) Warren has broader and more moderate appeal (and is thus more electable)
2) Warren is calmer in personality.
3) Warren is more intelligent and has the detailed knowledge of a economist.
4) Warren is younger and of better health than Sanders.
5) Warren is a woman and it is past time to break the barrier of a woman POTUS.
6) Warren is the best candidate for Native Americans (despite the manufactured controversy over her genetics, Warren has more to say about NA and is more woke about NA issues and conditions).
7) Warren looks to be a strong environmental POTUS.

I voted Sanders in the 2016 CA primary and wrote in Sanders in the final election. If CA had actually been in play, I may have voted HRC to avoid Trump (though I hold HRC in distain and distrust and ultimately blame HRC for Trump ever being POTUS).
PufPuf93

Postby Belligerent Savant » Fri Oct 04, 2019 11:34 am

For all the reasons you outlined and more, if Warren becomes the next President she'll be no different than her predecessors (other than the difference in optics, of course -- that's really the only variance). She will be compromised. She has been compromised already.

Meet the new boss, same as the old boss.
Belligerent Savant

Postby PufPuf93 » Fri Oct 04, 2019 11:44 am

Belligerent Savant » Fri Oct 04, 2019 8:34 am wrote:.

For all the reasons you outlined and more, if Warren becomes the next President she'll be no different than her predecessors (other than the difference in optics, of course -- that's really the only variance). She will be compromised. She has been compromised already.

Meet the new boss, same as the old boss.

I agree but what is one to do?

These are the candidates we are offered. To me Warren is the best of the bunch, a hope for a move counter to neoliberalism.

All we can reasonably hope for is more stability, both domestic and as a responsible country on the world stage, with a new 2020 POTUS.

If Trump is re-elected, one could expect cascading disruption and a slide into world wide resource wars and ramped up domestic political violence and diminished domestic social programs and progress.
PufPuf93

Postby RocketMan » Fri Oct 04, 2019 12:00 pm

6) Warren is the best candidate for Native Americans (despite the manufactured controversy over her genetics, Warren has more to say about NA and is more woke about NA issues and conditions).

This seems to be her perhaps weakest point, actually. She has consistently over decades posed as a Native American (this controversy is, alas, completely manufactured by herself, Trump can only point it out gleefully, nothing needs to be added to Warren's horrible dissembling) and willfully misrepresented her ancestry, while simultaneously deploying racist tropes ("high cheekbones" etc.).

She has zero credibility on this issue.

In this article, written by a Native American, her sorry history on this issue is thrown into stark, undeniable relief:

https://newsmaven.io/indiancountrytoday ... iv__VU_bQ/

The white supremacy of Elizabeth Warren

Warren is white, both phenotypically and culturally. There is absolutely no genealogical evidence that she has ancestors from North American Indian nations.[1] (Although Christopher Child of the New England Historic And Genealogical Society touted the discovery a “marriage certificate” in May 2012 that bolstered Warren’s claims, his find was quickly debunked – the document in question, it turned out, doesn’t exist and the Society made clear that it “has not expressed a position on whether Mrs. Warren has Native American ancestry, nor do we possess any primary sources to prove that she is.”[2]) The results of the genetic testing she infamously released last October relied on comparisons to markers derived from Native populations in Latin America rather than the continental United States.[3] And such testing remains a dubious enterprise at best – just several months before Warren, a dog in Canada tested positive for Indigenous DNA.[4] [5]

Warren did not just innocently share “family lore.” As the Boston Globe first reported, the senator identified herself as Native American in federally mandated diversity statistics for at least six years while a professor at Harvard Law School despite lacking the “tribal affiliation” outlined in those documents.[6] Contemporaneously, Harvard repeatedly touted Warren as an example of ethnic diversity among Law School faculty to academic press outlets, championing her as the institution’s “only tenured minority woman” and “first woman of color.” The University of Pennsylvania – at which Warren taught prior to Harvard – likewise cited her in a “Minority Equity Report.”[7] And Warren admitted that she had listed herself for a full decade as a “minority” in Association of American Law School Directories from 1986 until 1995, the year she secured tenure at Harvard.[8]

Warren never engaged with Indigenous cohorts on the campuses in question. Although the implicit purpose of diversity initiatives is to ensure representation of perspectives informed by a variety of cultures, the executive director of Harvard’s Native American Program could not recall Warren ever participating in any of its undertakings.[9][10]

Warren can’t keep her prevarications straight about how and why she identified as Native American. In the primary days of her 2012 Senate campaign, she professed to be wholly unaware that Harvard had been promoting her as a minority (“I think I read it on the front page of the Herald”).[11] Then, she insisted that she had never formally declared herself a minority (“there was no, there is no reporting for this. It came up in lunch conversations once with faculty, after the fact.”)[12] She maintained that she had never claimed distinction as a minority to any employers until after she was hired, those Association of American Law School directories – frequently used by law schools during the 1980s for recruiting – apparently notwithstanding. Now, after the emergence last week of a 1986 application to the Texas State Bar on which she described her race as “American Indian,” Warren offers a starkly different characterization than she did seven years ago of just how pervasively she identified herself as an indigenous woman: “All I know is, during this time period this is consistent with what I did.”[13]

Warren has trucked in reductive stereotypes about physical features to justify her ethnic posturing. When Indigenous lineage and tribal links are out of the picture, “high cheekbones” are all you’ve got.[14]
-I don't like hoodlums.
RocketMan

Postby JackRiddler » Fri Oct 04, 2019 12:40 pm

PufPuf93 » Fri Oct 04, 2019 10:20 am wrote:6) Warren is the best candidate for Native Americans (despite the manufactured controversy over her genetics, Warren has more to say about NA and is more woke about NA issues and conditions).

!

This is not remotely true.

There is a woman running who has a lot more to say about NA and is even more "woke" about NA issues and conditions, woke enough that she would never dream of making a fool of herself by presenting a DNA test confirming her remote ancestry.

She protested at Standing Rock in person and is an actual native American, or rather, a native Pacific Islander.

Wow, check this out, I wasn't expecting something this radical: "The US overthrow of the Hawaiian Kingdom in 1893 is a great injustice... the Native Hawaiian people never directly relinquished their claims to inherent sovereignty as a people. On the path forward, regardless of the mechanism or process in getting there, Native Hawaiians, as a people, should be empowered to determine their own future and what kind of relationship they choose to have with the U.S. federal government. The challenge we continue to face in Congress is a failure by many to recognize Native Hawaiians as indigenous people. Native Hawaiian services and programs are constantly under attack. It's important for us to work together, to find the path forward that best serves the interests of current and future generations of Native Hawaiians."

Native Hawaiian Issues
https://www.votetulsi.com/node/24926

COFA migration
"Back in 1996, Congress made a misguided decision in passing legislation that took away federal Medicaid benefits for migrants from Micronesia, Palau, and the Marshall Islands..."

Stories on various stands she has taken and bills introduced.
https://www.votetulsi.com/search/native

Warren's policy proposal is very long, but doesn't seem to differ from Sanders'. Inform me if you feel otherwise. The question is which one of them can be trusted to actually mean it and stick to it in a crunch.

https://elizabethwarren.com/plans/tribal-nations
https://berniesanders.com/issues/empowe ... l-nations/

We meet at the borders of our being, we dream something of each others reality. - Harvey of R.I.

To Justice my maker from on high did incline:
I am by virtue of its might divine,
The highest Wisdom and the first Love.

TopSecret WallSt. Iraq & more
JackRiddler

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion