The Democratic Party, 2019

Moderators: Elvis, DrVolin, Jeff

Re: The Democratic Party, 2019

Postby 8bitagent » Sat Aug 03, 2019 7:20 am

Roger Stone and others have insinuated Donald Trump will not leave office peacefully if he's defeated November 2020, or even if his time is naturally up by 2024. The idea that there's a large sleeper cell of Tea Party/Oathkeepers/Bikers for Trumps/Alt Right/militia/MAGA hat folks willing to take up arms to keep Trump in office indefinitely is pretty chilling, but not completely unrealistic. I laugh at the idea that "Impeachment" and Russia-gate bullshit is going to oust Trump.

I realllly hope it's not Biden as the Dem choice. Hell Im getting a kick out of "good occultist lightworker" Marianne Williamson as a new meme warfare Democratic choice. Cory Booker is polling extremely low with black voters in polls, yet Kamalla Harris seems to be where a lot of the media is focusing on. Im pretty bummed Bernie Sanders seems to be out of the race, reduced to a virtual blessing. Beto seems out of it before he began, replaced by Pete B.
Kind of surprised Warren has surged in recent weeks, despite the Native American flap where both the left/right dismissed her.
Who do you all think the main 2020 Democrat finalists will be?

The Obama wonks are super pissed that some of the Dem challengers dare bring up Obama's mass deportations, destabilization war crimes(Libya anyone), capitulation to the neocons, etc. There's also this idea that Trump is so dangerous that the left needs to back the most non progressive "moderate" corporate Democrat challenger(ie: Biden)

However, like something out of a nightmarish Purge movie sequel, I am seeing more mainstream articles talking about the potential of Donald Trump starting a literal race war and racial terrorism. Geezus, imagine if just 7-10 years ago someone predicted goofy fuck Donald Trump would not just become the President, but possibly get us both into World War 3 and a race war; and most the 2000's era conspiracy hosts would become his brown shirts?
I and others speculated there would be a limited but wide ranging "race war" under Obama initiated by neo Nazis/Tea Party types who hated Obama. Never imagined that potential would be under the auspices of a tv game show host.
Some recent articles...

Trump Readies His Mob for the Race War...He’s pulling back the curtain further, daring his audience and his supporters to follow him into a very dark place. Of course, they are.
https://www.thedailybeast.com/trump-rea ... e-race-war

Does Trump want a race war? Tim Wise on right-wing terrorism and our president
https://www.salon.com/2019/08/02/does-t ... president/

Trump’s Racism Is a National Emergency
https://www.rollingstone.com/politics/p ... ch-864796/

Donald Trump’s Global Agenda: Taking White Supremacy Worldwide
https://truthout.org/articles/donald-tr ... worldwide/

The new talking point in the media will be, "Is Trump so dangerous that it's not worth the progressive left trying to get one of their people elected when we need to go with a "safe choice" like Biden"?
"Do you know who I am? I am the arm, and I sound like this..."-man from another place, twin peaks fire walk with me
8bitagent

Blog: View Blog (0)

Postby Elvis » Sat Aug 03, 2019 5:08 pm

"Out of the race"??

August 2
Sanders is tied with Warren (14%) — but note Sanders' media coverage dropped severely.
https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/202 ... polls.html

July 26
The 77-year-old Sanders has dipped slightly in the polls, but he remains a force thanks to a potent combination of people-power and cash.

https://www.rollingstone.com/politics/p ... es-771735/

No one comes close to Sanders' 9,425,030+ Twitter followers
https://fivethirtyeight.com/features/th ... -5-charts/

Also remember, Biden cannot win the general election.
http://filesforprogress.org/misc/is-biden-electable.pdf
“The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists.” ― Joan Robinson
Elvis

Postby JackRiddler » Sun Aug 04, 2019 7:00 am

8bit, lending credence to your lazy statements would require us to track the bullshit polls by the minute, repeat the CNN-Republican-Corporate talking points about Sanders, ignore levels of organized support and campaign reach, and completely ignore the historical record, not just from 2015-2016, but from every presidential campaign of the modern era.

July 2015:

Former Florida Gov. Jeb Bush and businessman Donald Trump top the list of GOP presidential contenders following their back-to-back campaign launches in mid-June, and are the only two Republican candidates holding double-digit support among Republicans and Republican-leaning independents.

https://www.cnn.com/2015/07/01/politics ... index.html

June 19, 2015:

Florida Republican Presidential Primary
Quinnipiac
Bush 20, Walker 9, Rubio 18, Carson 7, Huckabee 6, Paul 5, Christie 3, Cruz 3, Perry 4, Trump 3, Fiorina 2, Kasich 1, Jindal 1, Santorum 1
Bush +2

Florida Democratic Presidential Primary
Quinnipiac
Clinton 64, Biden 9, Sanders 8, Webb, O'Malley 1, Chafee
Clinton +55

Ohio Republican Presidential Primary
Quinnipiac
Kasich 19, Bush 9, Walker 8, Rubio 7, Huckabee 7, Paul 7, Carson 6, Cruz 6, Christie 3, Perry 2, Santorum 2, Graham 2, Trump 1, Fiorina 1
Kasich +10

Ohio Democratic Presidential Primary
Quinnipiac
Clinton 60, Biden 13, Sanders 10, Chafee, O'Malley 1, Webb
Clinton +47

Pennsylvania Republican Presidential Primary
Quinnipiac
Rubio 12, Paul 11, Bush 10, Carson 10, Walker 9, Santorum 7, Huckabee 6, Christie 6, Cruz 5, Trump 4, Perry 1, Fiorina 1, Kasich 1, Graham 1 Rubio +1

Pennsylvania Democratic Presidential Primary
Quinnipiac
Clinton 53, Sanders 10, O'Malley 1, Webb 2, Chafee, Biden 15
Clinton +38

Michigan: Bush vs. Clinton Detroit News
Clinton 46, Bush 37
Clinton +9

Michigan: Walker vs. Clinton
Detroit News
Clinton 44, Walker 37
Clinton +7

Michigan: Rubio vs. Clinton
Detroit News
Clinton 42, Rubio 39
Clinton +3

Michigan: Paul vs. Clinton
Detroit News
Clinton 45, Paul 41
Clinton +4

That's just one day. One day.

Love this one, from June 15:

2016 Republican Presidential Nomination
Monmouth
Bush 9, Walker 10, Rubio 9, Carson 11, Huckabee 8, Paul 6, Cruz 5, Christie 4, Trump 2, Perry 4, Santorum 3, Fiorina 2, Kasich 1, Graham 2, Jindal 1
Carson +1

SO MUCH MORE EDIFICATION AVAILABLE AT
http://www77.realclearpolitics.com/epol ... president/
We meet at the borders of our being, we dream something of each others reality. - Harvey of R.I.

To Justice my maker from on high did incline:
I am by virtue of its might divine,
The highest Wisdom and the first Love.

TopSecret WallSt. Iraq & more
JackRiddler

Postby RocketMan » Mon Aug 05, 2019 6:02 am

Posted this also in the AOC thread, but...

https://www.leftvoice.org/aoc-follows-p ... r-military

One might wonder, if the majority of Republicans were not compelled by their party leader’s cajoling (primarily citing, of course, their rejection of any further increase of the debt), why did the Democrats vote almost unanimously for this bill? The answer is simple: Because it was a deal brokered by Nancy Pelosi, Speaker of the House and quintessential representative of the Democratic Party establishment. In collaboration with Treasury Secretary Steven Mnuchin, Pelosi took charge of the project and successfully rallied her troops around it, including some of the most progressive party members.

In an effort to avoid automatic budget cuts (sequestration) and another government shutdown, Pelosi managed an agreement that, in her own words, meets the needs of Americans by “investing in middle class priorities that advance the health, financial security and well-being of the American people and enhancing our national security” and by “safeguarding the full faith and credit of the United States of America by achieving a lifting of the debt limit until July 31, 2021.” What’s not to love?

The $2.7 trillion budget includes more money for domestic spending as well as more money for the military, increasing defense and non-defense expenses by $22 and $27 billion, or 3 and 4% hikes, respectively, for fiscal year 2020. And like any good compromise between the two capitalist parties, this act presents a further expansion of the military as being in the interest of the people. Except in this case, the increase in the already massive military budget did not even require the full backing of the party that is traditionally more interested in national security; the Democrats did the job almost all on their own.
-I don't like hoodlums.
-That's just a word, Marlowe. We have that kind of world. Two wars gave it to us and we are going to keep it.
RocketMan

Postby seemslikeadream » Mon Aug 05, 2019 6:24 am

as of this morning there are now 121

Adams, Alma (D-NC)
Aguilar, Pete (D-CA)
Amash, Justin (Ind.-MI)
Barragán, Nanette (D-CA)
Bass, Karen (D-CA)
Beatty, Joyce (D-OH)
Beyer, Don (D-VA)
Blumenauer, Earl (D-OR)
Blunt Rochester, Lisa (D-DE)
Bonamici, Suzanne (D-OR)
Boyle, Brendan (D-PA)
Brownley, Julia (D-CA)
Butterfield, G.K. (D-NC)
Carbajal, Salud (D-CA)
Cárdenas, Tony (D-CA)
Carson, Andre (D-IN)
Casten, Sean (D-IL)
Castro, Joaquin (D-TX)
Chu, Judy (D-CA)
Cicilline, David (D-RI)
Clark, Katherine (D-MA)
Clarke, Yvette (D-NY)
Clay, William Lacy (D-MO)
Cleaver, Emanuel (D-MO)
Cohen, Steve (D-TN)
Crow, Jason (D-CO)
Davis, Danny (D-IL)
Dean, Madeleine (D-PA)
DeFazio, Peter (D-OR)
DeGette, Diana (D-CO)
DelBene, Suzane (D-WA)
Demings, Val (D-FL)
DeSaulnier, Mark (D-CA)
Deutch, Ted (D-FL)
Doggett, Lloyd (D-TX)
Doyle, Mike (D-PA)
Engel, Eliot (D-NY)
Escobar, Veronica (D-TX)
Espaillat, Adriano (D-NY)
Evans, Dwight (D-PA)
Fudge, Marcia (D-OH)
Gallego, Ruben (D-AZ)
Garamendi, John (D-CA)
Garcia, Jesus "Chuy" (D-IL)
Gomez, Jimmy (D-CA)
Green, Al (D-TX)
Grijalva, Raul (D-AZ)
Heck, Denny (D-WA)
Higgins, Brian (D-NY)
Himes, Jim (D-CT)
Huffman, Jared (D-CA)
Jackson Lee, Sheila (D-TX)
Jayapal, Pramila (D-WA)
Kelly, Robin (D-IL)
Kennedy, Joe III (D-MA)
Kildee, Daniel (D-MI)
Kilmer, Derek (D-WA)
Kirkpatrick, Ann (D-AZ)
Kuster, Ann McLane (D-NH)
Larsen, Rick (D-WA)
Lawrence, Brenda (D-MI)
Lee, Barbara (D-CA)
Levin, Andy (D-MI)
Levin, Mike (D-CA)
Lieu, Ted (D-CA)
Lowenthal, Alan (D-CA)
Lowey, Nita (D-NY)
Malinowski, Tom (D-NJ)
Maloney, Carolyn (D-NY)
Matsui, Doris (D-CA)
McCollum, Betty (D-MN)
McGovern, Jim (D-MA)
Meng, Grace (D-NY)
Moore, Gwen (D-WI)
Moulton, Seth (D-MA)
Mucarsel-Powell, Debbie (D-FL)
Napolitano, Grace (D-CA)
Neguse, Joe (D-CO)
Norcross, Donald (D-NJ)
Ocasio-Cortez, Alexandria (D-NY)
Omar, Ilhan (D-MN)
Pallone, Frank (D-NJ)
Pappas, Chris (D-NH)
Pascrell, Bill Jr. (D-NJ)
Payne Jr, Donald (D-NJ)
Peters, Scott (D-CA)
Pingree, Chellie (D-ME)
Pocan, Mark (D-WI)
Porter, Katie (D-CA)
Pressley, Ayanna (D-MA)
Quigley, Mike (D-IL)
Raskin, Jamie (D-MD)
Rice, Kathleen (D-NY)
Richmond, Cedric (D-LA)
Rouda, Harley (D-CA)
Roybal-Allard, Lucille (D-CA)
Rush, Bobby (D-IL)
Ryan, Tim (D-OH)
Scanlon, Mary Gay (D-PA)
Schakowsky, Jan (D-IL)
Schrier, Kim (D-WA)
Serrano, Jose (D-NY)
Sherman, Brad (D-CA)
Smith, Adam (D-WA)
Speier, Jackie (D-CA)
Stanton, Greg (D-AZ)
Swalwell, Eric (D-CA)
Thompson, Bennie (D-MS)
Titus, Dina (D-NV)
Tlaib, Rashida (D-MI)
Tonko, Paul (D-NY)
Torres, Norma (D-CA)
Trahan, Lori (D-MA)
Vargas, Juan (D-CA)
Vela, Filemon (D-TX)
Velázquez, Nydia (D-NY)
Waters, Maxine (D-CA)
Watson Coleman, Bonnie (D-NJ)
Welch, Peter (D-VT)
Wexton, Jennifer (D-VA)
Yarmuth, John (D-KY)
Mazars and Deutsche Bank could have ended this nightmare before it started.
They could still get him out of office.
But instead, they want mass death.
Don’t forget that.
seemslikeadream

Blog: View Blog (83)

Postby RocketMan » Mon Aug 05, 2019 6:26 am

Due to this attempt at obfuscation I'll just re-iterate:

Last Thursday, the House of Representatives passed legislation that will, once signed into law, set one of the highest caps ever on the discretionary budget for the Pentagon and related programs. The Democratic Party that now controls the House voted by a vast majority in favor of the bill, and, remarkably, so did Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez and Rashida Tlaib.
-I don't like hoodlums.
-That's just a word, Marlowe. We have that kind of world. Two wars gave it to us and we are going to keep it.
RocketMan

Postby seemslikeadream » Mon Aug 05, 2019 8:09 am

posting today's news about the total of members of congress now for impeachment in a thread titled

The Democratic Party, 2019

is not obfuscation ...it is on topic and timely

love this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pzyvd33xRVI
Don’t forget that.
seemslikeadream

Postby seemslikeadream » Thu Aug 08, 2019 4:48 pm

More than 200 mayors call on Senate to vote on gun bills
https://www.aol.com/article/news/2019/0 ... /23790382/

Elijah Cummings calls on Congress to cancel recess
https://www.cnn.com/2019/08/07/politics ... index.html

Pelosi asks Trump to immediately reconvene the Senate to consider background check legislation over McConnell’s objections.

The report states, there are “thousands of pages of documents related to Russians who may have had dealings with Mr. Trump, his family or his business,” according to sources.

“Some banks are also giving documents related to Mr. Trump’s business, the Trump Organization, to New York state investigators,” the report continues.

Among the institutions turning over documents, are Bank of America Corp. , Citigroup Inc., Deutsche Bank AG , JPMorgan Chase & Co., Morgan Stanley and Wells Fargo & Co.

and every day trump is committing more impeachable offenses

"This is formal impeachment proceedings," Nader told CNN's Erin Burnett Thursday on "OutFront."

Nadler's McGahn lawsuit mentions impeachment 16 times
Don’t forget that.
seemslikeadream

Postby Grizzly » Sat Aug 10, 2019 11:01 am

https://www.cnn.com/2019/08/09/tech/deepfake-tom-perez-dnc-defcon/index.html

Imagefree picture upload

Las Vegas (CNN Business)The Democratic National Committee wanted to demonstrate the potential threat to the 2020 election posed by deepfake videos — clips created with artificial intelligence that can make people appear to do or say things they never did. So the committee came up with a novel solution: It had experts make one, with its chair as the victim.

This IS going to be a thing this election, I promise. Also, the demonstration used here is far, far more elementary, even purposely dumbed down than what I've seen out there by mere amateurs and beginner’s whose work is astonishingly realistic. The point is the DNC/DCC are positioning to take a dive. Different cheek of the same ass....

PS, Guess what building is directly behind this guy....coin see dance?
“The more we do to you, the less you seem to believe we are doing it.”

― Joseph mengele
Grizzly

Postby RocketMan » Sun Aug 11, 2019 7:30 am

Yep. :thumbsup
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
-I don't like hoodlums.
RocketMan

Postby seemslikeadream » Wed Aug 21, 2019 9:40 am

random facts girl.

Hey guys - @LaurenUnderwood just came out for impeachment tonight.

I can't wait to hear why Volume I of the Mueller report convinced her!

BTW - she reps the district formerly represented by convicted money launderer + pedophile J. Dennis Hastert.
8gvg8ugq447kfyt6xa684pm8cxx16cp.jpeg

https://twitter.com/soychicka

Rep. Lauren Underwood backs impeachment investigation in House
By ALEX ORTIZE
U.S. Rep. Lauren Underwood said Tuesday she was in support of an investigation into the actions of the Trump campaign to welcome foreign help in 2016 and called it "essentially an impeachment inquiry."

"No person in America is above the law, including the President of the United States," Underwood said.

"The Mueller Report lays out substantial evidence that the president's campaign actively worked with a foreign adversary to influence the 2016 election," she added. "And the president even said a few weeks ago that he would welcome foreign help to win in 2020 and that is incredibly concerning to me."

Underwood added that while the Special Counsel's report provided a lot of information, it also left open some key questions which House committees are investigating. She called those investigations "really important."

She said the House Judiciary Committee is investigating recommending articles of impeachment, which Chairman Jerry Nadler called "essentially an impeachment inquiry."

"The impeachment inquiry has begun and I support that," she said.

She said it was important for Congress to have access to "all the facts" and supported efforts by House Democrats to get other investigative materials related to the Special Counsel's report which were not disclosed.

But she added that once Congress gets that information, "that will inform a decision whether to draft articles of impeachment."

"No one wins when Congress is compelled to investigate impeachment or bring about articles of impeachment," she said.
https://www.kendallcountynow.com/2019/0 ... e/asdfjtd/
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Don’t forget that.
seemslikeadream

Postby Wombaticus Rex » Wed Aug 21, 2019 10:50 am

I don't think the DNC wants or expects to win 2020.

I also think Trump is an incredibly lucrative fundraising tool for them.
Wombaticus Rex

Postby seemslikeadream » Wed Aug 21, 2019 10:51 am

I am not really interested in what the DNC wants

or Tulsi for that matter

I have other priorities in RL

of course trump is an incredibly lucrative fundraising tool for them but I don't give a moment of my time to the DNC...

Don’t forget that.
seemslikeadream

Postby JackRiddler » Wed Aug 21, 2019 11:03 am

Fuck the DNC.

Also, do you have the DNC fundraising numbers for the last 10 years or so showing a recent spike so dramatic compared to prior levels that one can assert Trump is indeed an "incredibly lucrative" fundraising tool for them? I could believe it's true, but it's not certain. Trump is also an incredibly effective tool for demonstrating the DNC is fucking useless.
We meet at the borders of our being, we dream something of each others reality. - Harvey of R.I.

To Justice my maker from on high did incline:
I am by virtue of its might divine,
The highest Wisdom and the first Love.

TopSecret WallSt. Iraq & more
JackRiddler

Postby seemslikeadream » Wed Aug 21, 2019 11:18 am

I don't see any reason to rely on the DNC

are there any of the Dems running for President "associated" with Epstein?

I think not

anyway trump has a plan to mobilize suburban women so I guess he thinks they're down with no control over their bodies...he's lost the farmers so he has got to do a pick up somewhere

and with all the help from Falun Gong since he's lost the Jewish vote I am sure he will pick up something

and the American Jews well he is working on that as we speak

“Second coming of God”?

Hmmm, the Second Coming. Correct me if I'm wrong but the Jewish people are still waiting for the first coming of the Messiah, no?

and Kerik needs to just shut the fuck up

Bernard B. Kerik

There’s no greater justification to keep @RashidaTlaib and @IlhanMN out of Israel than this anti-American anti-Israeli press conference. They despise Israel and the Jewish people and support terror supporters and sympathizers. They should not be allowed entry into @Israel.
Don’t forget that.
seemslikeadream

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion