The Democratic Party, 2019

Moderators: Elvis, DrVolin, Jeff

Re: The Democratic Party, 2019

Postby Elvis » Mon Mar 23, 2020 3:43 am

cover your mouth when you cough.
“The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists.” ― Joan Robinson
Elvis

Blog: View Blog (0)

Postby RocketMan » Mon Mar 23, 2020 8:21 am

I'm officially off both this mofos... Tulsi's increasingly pompous pronouncements, completely at odds with her public status, along with her weirdly right-wing friendly tone (difficult to quantify or describe, just a patriotic thing, with a lot of talk about ISLAMIC TERRORISTS AL-QUAIDA) gave me the creeps for a long time but somehow I just tried to roll with it. No more. And Jimmy Dore is an intellectually dishonest huckster whose schtick is some sort of left-libertarian style ranting with little regard for facts.

-I don't like hoodlums.
-That's just a word, Marlowe. We have that kind of world. Two wars gave it to us and we are going to keep it.
RocketMan

Postby JackRiddler » Mon Mar 23, 2020 9:13 am

Dore's descent recently has been rapid. Much worse than before. He now seems to reposition his anger by the week or the day so that it remains distinctive, which is also destructive, one-sided, and increasingly reckless with facts (on which he was already shaky long ago). Very bad because he was once so strong on certain key issues -- #Russiagate, Syria -- and now he's making that impossible to show.
We meet at the borders of our being, we dream something of each others reality. - Harvey of R.I.

To Justice my maker from on high did incline:
I am by virtue of its might divine,
The highest Wisdom and the first Love.

TopSecret WallSt. Iraq & more
JackRiddler

Postby JackRiddler » Mon Mar 23, 2020 9:25 am

Dore's descent recently has been rapid. He is much worse than before. He has gotten louder and seems to reposition his anger by the week or the day so that it stands out, although it is also destructive, one-sided, and reckless with facts. He was already shaky on facts long ago, but now we see the difference between not knowing something or missing a nuance, as was sometimes the case before, and very evidently not having bothered at all to educate himself or to contemplate a question in advance. This is very bad because he was once so strong on certain key issues -- #Russiagate, Syria -- and now he's making that impossible to show.

Gabbard, sorry, no. Tolerated a lot of weird patriotic unity rhetoric because she was playing a potentially important role. My most recent contrib to her was very recent! I was willing to look away from the Modi support (the real problem among the standard set of accusations thrown at her, most of which are obvious smears) because a. it's the "centrist" US position, not that this is good but it's common; b. it's something US policy doesn't actually drive; and c. she wasn't going to win, or be in a position to influence it. But this latest turn, suddenly rushing to endorse a key Iraq war backer long in advance of his official status as nominee, and thus contradicting her central claims, can't be justified.

We meet at the borders of our being, we dream something of each others reality. - Harvey of R.I.

To Justice my maker from on high did incline:
I am by virtue of its might divine,
The highest Wisdom and the first Love.

TopSecret WallSt. Iraq & more
JackRiddler

Postby Harvey » Mon Mar 23, 2020 9:36 am

Yes. Gabbard appears to have fucked herself.
And while we spoke of many things, fools and kings
This he said to me
"The greatest thing
You'll ever learn
Is just to love
And be loved
In return"

Eden Ahbez
Harvey

Blog: View Blog (20)

Postby RocketMan » Mon Mar 23, 2020 9:42 am

Jack Riddler wrote:He has gotten louder and seems to reposition his anger by the week or the day so that it stands out, although it is also destructive, one-sided, and reckless with facts.

Yeah, you again said it succinctly. That's why I called it a "schtick". It just reeks of intellectual dishonesty. A bunch of gratuitously contrarian "angry truth teller" posing, with changing targets.

Glad to hear I'm not the only one who held out with Tulsi for possibly quite some time longer than was warranted... :cry:
-I don't like hoodlums.
-That's just a word, Marlowe. We have that kind of world. Two wars gave it to us and we are going to keep it.
RocketMan

Postby Harvey » Mon Mar 23, 2020 10:27 am

Walking Dead.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
And while we spoke of many things, fools and kings
This he said to me
"The greatest thing
You'll ever learn
Is just to love
And be loved
In return"

Eden Ahbez
Harvey

Blog: View Blog (20)

Postby Elvis » Tue Mar 24, 2020 6:10 pm

Harvey » Mon Mar 23, 2020 7:27 am wrote:
Walking Dead.jpg

That made me laugh good...thanks.
“The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists.” ― Joan Robinson
Elvis

Postby MacCruiskeen » Tue Mar 24, 2020 7:05 pm

It's all over, all that crap. It has never been more obvious than now that all that crap is finally all over.
"Ich kann gar nicht so viel fressen, wie ich kotzen möchte." - Max Liebermann,, Berlin, 1933

"Science is the belief in the ignorance of experts." - Richard Feynman, NYC, 1966

TESTDEMIC ➝ "CASE"DEMIC
MacCruiskeen

Postby Belligerent Savant » Sun May 10, 2020 9:22 pm

Westworld' star Evan Rachel Wood supports Rose McGowan's anti-Democrats stance after Biden fallout: 'Spot on'

"Westworld" star Evan Rachel Wood backed Rose McGowan’s most recent missive against the Democratic Party following the fallout from assault allegations against Joe Biden.

Wood, 32, on Friday directly responded to McGowan's latest tweet in which the former "Charmed" actress declared she is no longer a "proud Democrat" due to her affiliated party downplaying sexual assault allegations against Biden by Tara Reade, a former staffer from his days in the senate.

"I have to say this is...spot on," Wood tweeted in response to McGowan's lengthy post.

Wood, a vocal gay rights advocate, previously delivered emotional testimony on Capitol Hill in 2018 to detail two instances in which she was raped and one in which she was tortured.

During a hearing for the Sexual Assault Survivors Bill, the "Westworld" star shared a five-minute statement in front of the House Judiciary Subcommittee on Crime, Terrorism, Homeland Security and Investigations consisting of harrowing details of her alleged assault that involved being "tied up and beaten."

The alleged assault resulted in Wood's years-long battles with PTSD, addiction and depression, she said.

More at link.

Side-note: season 3 of Westworld, which just completed its finale last week, is topical and worth further rumination.

https://www.foxnews.com/entertainment/w ... en-fallout
Belligerent Savant

Re: The Democratic Party, 2020

Postby Belligerent Savant » Sat Sep 05, 2020 2:54 pm

This may apply across a number of threads, and not specific to the Democratic Party per se, but worth posting somewhere in RI:

I guess the value at the end of the horror meditation is so many Twitter ‘leftists’ and other liberals haven’t just lost the terrain, they’ve lost the map. Reality doesn’t work the way they thought it does. The saucers are landing and their chief concern is whether they’ll park in the disabled spots. Let the implacable invasion be the thing that brings you to terms with what you are going to have to thrive through over the next few years.

https://runesoup.com/2020/09/alien-inva ... self-care/
Belligerent Savant

Postby Belligerent Savant » Sat Sep 12, 2020 1:43 pm

Today's snippet from Twitter with a cameo from our landlord.

Belligerent Savant

Postby Grizzly » Sun Sep 13, 2020 3:52 pm

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2020/sep/13/donald-trump-wildfires-california-oregon-washington-robert-reich
Be careful with those hard left's they can throw your back out and destroy your neck.../s

One CAN'T be cynical enough, these days, can one?
“The more we do to you, the less you seem to believe we are doing it.”

― Joseph mengele
Grizzly

Postby Belligerent Savant » Wed Sep 23, 2020 8:53 pm

Belligerent Savant

Postby Belligerent Savant » Thu Sep 24, 2020 10:09 pm

For the poor souls among us that that maintain a sliver of hope for Bernie: say the following slowly, with conviction -- F#CK Bernie Sanders.

Edit: reflecting further on Elvis' reply, the above rhetoric has been stricken. A "1 or 0" assessment is against my own approach to most things. There are areas of grey, particularly in politics.

Last edited by Belligerent Savant on Fri Sep 25, 2020 1:49 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Belligerent Savant

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion