The Democratic Party, 2019

Moderators: Elvis, DrVolin, Jeff

Re: The Democratic Party, 2019

Postby JackRiddler » Fri Sep 06, 2019 5:26 am

Pelosi wrote:“Canceling military construction projects at home and abroad will undermine our national security and the quality of life and morale of our troops, making America less secure."

Iamwhoiam wrote:These are digs at Republican issues of heart ~ pure propaganda aimed at Republican fence-sitters.

Let's grant that for a moment: the rest of us are still here. Isolated messaging doesn't exist. Whatever you say as a politician, or certainly whatever you tweet or release online, inevitably is for everyone, because everyone who wants to or who is directed to it will indeed see it. Now I'm not sure how I feel about this, given its more general implications. There needs to be some damn way to speak to different audiences in different voices, it has its legitimate place. In any case, here it means that I get to read this too, and have my opinion on it, which is highly negative, and the idea that it was "actually" meant for some other group cuts no ice with me.

So, second step, let's not grant that: A second, more important objection to the "rhetorical strategy" or the simplification is that it sets up these "issues of heart" as remotely credible premises. It grants them, goes the extra mile to reinforce them, when it doesn't have to. It's secondary to her point.

I don't care what the immediate consequences in elections supposedly are according to kneebiting pollsters, bullshit is still bullshit and perpetuating bullshit perpetuates bullshit. Over the long run, of course conformity to a line of bullshit that is supposedly rendered necessary by the requirements of communicating with some supposedly delicate "fence-sitting" group renders conformity to bullshit into a necessity, and makes of it a reality.

Third, in any case, in this case it cannot be argued that this line of bullshit was necessary for the rhetorical point to be scored.

If rather than catering to absurd premises supposedly close to the Republican heart -- that military construction projects have anything to do with "national security" or (hilarious!) the well-being of the troops -- if, I say, she wanted to make your case (that the diversion of funds allocated by the legislature to purposes not allowed under the budgeting law is a violation of rule of law and an act of dictatorship), she could have made your case. And she could push it in a way that should have the same appeal, be something that can be more broadly agreed both by the "fence-sitters" and by me and mine. Trump's order is illegal. He wants to steal money designated for something else by the magic of executive order. This is contemptuous of the law.

But although she has the other choice, she chooses this flag-waving bullshit and I don't believe she doesn't believe it. Of course this is what she thinks, or will insist she thinks to the bitter end. On acquiring more power to legislate, she's not going to be the one who will say, let's put that $5 bn into flowers and happy things instead of either, more murder capacity abroad or more murder capacity at the border. She will want to restore the $5 bn to the military budget, or else to find a way to keep it on wall projects but call them flowers and justice projects.

We meet at the borders of our being, we dream something of each others reality. - Harvey of R.I.

To Justice my maker from on high did incline:
I am by virtue of its might divine,
The highest Wisdom and the first Love.

TopSecret WallSt. Iraq & more
JackRiddler

Blog: View Blog (0)

Postby seemslikeadream » Fri Sep 06, 2019 8:24 am

Bernie Sanders

Trump's still trying to waste billions of taxpayer dollars on a wall, using a phony "national emergency" to ignore Congress and the Constitution.

Think of the urgent work we could be doing together, instead, if we treated climate change like the national emergency that it is.
https://twitter.com/sensanders?lang=en

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=go_ELOsVPWg
Mazars and Deutsche Bank could have ended this nightmare before it started.
They could still get him out of office.
But instead, they want mass death.
Don’t forget that.
seemslikeadream

Blog: View Blog (83)

Postby RocketMan » Fri Sep 06, 2019 8:33 am

Marionumber1 » Fri Sep 06, 2019 1:39 am wrote:@Iamwhomiam, I don't think anyone here supports Trump diverting DoD money to pay for the border wall, especially when it's preventing disaster relief funds meant for Puerto Rico. The problem is with Nancy Pelosi making it seem like the primary issue (or at least a significant issue) is that "our troops" will be less able to defend our "national security", an absurd notion which is absolutely rooted in militarism and imperialism.

thanks so much for that clarification Marionumber1
-I don't like hoodlums.
-That's just a word, Marlowe. We have that kind of world. Two wars gave it to us and we are going to keep it.
RocketMan

Postby RocketMan » Fri Sep 06, 2019 8:40 am

Jack Riddler wrote:But although she has the other choice, she chooses this flag-waving bullshit and I don't believe she doesn't believe it. Of course this is what she thinks, or will insist she thinks to the bitter end. On acquiring more power to legislate, she's not going to be the one who will say, let's put that $5 bn into flowers and happy things instead of either, more murder capacity abroad or more murder capacity at the border. She will want to restore the $5 bn to the military budget, or else to find a way to keep it on wall projects but call them flowers and justice projects.

Yes. What adult in their right mind would give NANCY PELOSI the benefit of the doubt at this point? Completely amoral and opportunistic, power-hungry to the core. She has only one goal, the perpetuation of the sclerotic Democratic party machine, which, despite her efforts, is set to collapse anyhow some time after the next election, whatever happens with Bernie Sanders. I believe there are too many angry, mobilized, genuinely leftist young people now of age for this not to be the case.

Pelosi's support for Israel, for the military-industrial-intelligence complex and for the corporate interests funding the Party is unwavering. Look at what she and Obama did. Right?
-I don't like hoodlums.
-That's just a word, Marlowe. We have that kind of world. Two wars gave it to us and we are going to keep it.
RocketMan

Postby seemslikeadream » Fri Sep 06, 2019 8:41 am

its not the benefit of the doubt that is the problem it's being dishonest by taking a quote out of context

you should contribute to my Palestine thread sometime

viewtopic.php?f=8&t=39224
Don’t forget that.
seemslikeadream

Postby seemslikeadream » Fri Sep 06, 2019 8:57 am

Rep. Veronica Escobar

We should support our military families and federal workers, not hinder the ability of their children to obtain citizenship.

My colleagues and I wrote to @USCISCuccinelli asking him to reconsider this harmful new policy change.https://twitter.com/RepEscobar/status/1 ... 0312497152

Escobar, other Democrat reps protest citizenship policy affecting some U.S. service members
Video: U.S. Rep. Veronica Escobar talks of CBP, long border wait times in El Paso after State of Congress 2019 luncheon. Daniel Borunda, El Paso Times

More than 50 Democratic members of Congress have signed a letter by U.S. Rep. Veronica Escobar protesting a new policy redefining how U.S. citizenship is acquired by children born overseas to some troops and government employees.

"We are deeply concerned that this policy change will have a significant impact on the many individuals who are already under great pressure serving our country overseas," according to the letter sent Thursday by the El Paso Democrat to U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services.

"We should support our troops and federal workers, not hinder the ability of their children to obtain citizenship," the letter said.

U.S. Rep Veronica Escobar speaks during the annual State of Congress Address at the El Paso Convention Center Tuesday, April 23, in El Paso.
Buy Photo
U.S. Rep Veronica Escobar speaks during the annual State of Congress Address at the El Paso Convention Center Tuesday, April 23, in El Paso. (Photo: Briana Sanchez / El Paso Times)
USCIS issued new guidance Aug. 28 that sparked widespread anger and confusion among service members and forced the agency to clarify its guidance the same day.

Reversing a practice dating to 2004, the new policy states that USCIS will no longer consider children of U.S. government employees and U.S. armed forces members living abroad as "residing in the United States" for purposes of acquiring citizenship.

USCIS Acting Director Ken Cuccinelli said in a statement the same day: “This policy update does not affect who is born a U.S. citizen, period. This only affects children who were born outside the United States and were not U.S. citizens. This does NOT impact birthright citizenship. This policy update does not deny citizenship to the children of U.S. government employees or members of the military born abroad. This policy aligns USCIS’ process with the Department of State’s procedure, that’s it.”

According to the military magazine Task & Purpose, which has written extensively on the new policy, it affects:

Children of parents who have never lived in the United States or established residency
Children of couples including a U.S. citizen and a non-citizen
Children of non-citizens serving in the armed forces
Non-citizen children adopted by U.S. citizens
"The policy change explains that we will not consider children who live abroad with their parents to be residing in the United States even if their parents are U.S. government employees or U.S. service members stationed outside of the United States, and as a result, these children will no longer be considered to have acquired citizenship automatically," USCIS spokesperson Meredith Parker told Task & Purpose.

U.S. Rep. Veronica Escobar, D-El Paso, arrives for a group photo with the women of the 116th Congress on Capitol Hill in Washington on Friday, Jan. 4, 2019.
14 Photos
U.S. Rep. Veronica Escobar, D-El Paso, gets to work in Washington, D.C.
Next Slide
"For them to obtain a Certificate of Citizenship, their U.S. citizen parent must apply for citizenship on their behalf," before the child's 18th birthday, she said.

Escobar's letter requests additional information from USCIS regarding the policy update, including what data the agency drew on to design the new policy and how many military members and government workers could be impacted.

The change was announced "in a haphazard manner that confused service members and government workers already stationed overseas," the letter said.

The policy is scheduled to take effect Oct. 29.

https://www.elpasotimes.com/story/news/ ... 220898001/

With Congress reconvening next week, the committee is expanding its focus beyond Mueller's findings that Trump may have obstructed justice by seeking to undercut the investigation into his campaign and actions as President.

Democrats widen impeachment probe as they confront roadblocks

(CNN) — Faced with a time crunch ahead of the 2020 election season, the House Judiciary Committee is broadening its investigation beyond special counsel Robert Mueller's findings as lawmakers confront lingering hurdles over impeaching President Donald Trump.

With Congress reconvening next week after its summer recess, the committee is expanding its focus beyond Mueller's findings that Trump may have obstructed justice by seeking to undercut the investigation into his campaign and actions as President, an area that has dominated the panel's focus up until now.
As they head into a critical fall session, Democrats say they will also focus heavily on questions over whether the President is enriching himself while violating the emoluments clause in the Constitution, reports Trump dangled pardons to officials who were at risk of breaking immigration laws and his involvement in hush-money payments to over his alleged extramarital affairs -- all of which could form articles of impeachment against the President, according to lawmakers and aides involved in the effort.
But Democrats privately acknowledge that there are ample hurdles -- the lengthy court battles that are eating into the congressional calendar, uncertainty over whether any new developments could shift public opinion toward impeachment and Speaker Nancy Pelosi's continued skepticism. Yet Democrats hope that the committee shining a spotlight on more of the President's alleged crimes could shift the House's calculus.
"The Judiciary Committee's investigation will be broadening out," Rep. Jamie Raskin, a Maryland Democrat on the Judiciary Committee, told CNN. "It is not all about Russian interference in the 2016 election and the President's efforts to cover up his role in it."

Democrats reach impeachment milestone Nancy Pelosi can't ignore. Now what?
Raskin said the focus needs to be on this: "The central sin, the original sin of the Trump administration, is the decision to convert the presidency into a money-making operation for the President and his business and his family."

In March, the House Judiciary Committee announced a sweeping investigation into a range of potential corrupt activities in the White House, but the focus in recent months has been around what the committee says are five alleged crimes of obstruction of justice detailed in the Mueller probe. Now, Democrats want to shift the focus back to some of the areas that Mueller didn't address -- all of which Trump dismisses as presidential "harassment" and an effort to "redo" the special counsel's probe.

"You know that we focused quite a bit on the Mueller report, even having Robert Mueller before us," said Rep. Madeleine Dean of Pennsylvania, a Judiciary Committee member. "But we always knew his scope was limited ... and so there are other areas of abuse of power."

Democrats divided

There is still dissension over the strategy, with a bevy of lawmakers in districts that Trump carried -- particularly freshmen -- wary about moving forward.

Plus, some Democrats on the House Judiciary Committee are urging the panel not to focus heavily on the hush money, worried a skeptical public would compare that to the GOP push to tarnish President Bill Clinton's reputation amid his affair with a White House intern. And Pelosi privately told her colleagues last month on a conference call that the public still isn't ready for impeachment.

Democrats advocating impeachment say they must drill home this point in the coming weeks: that if Trump weren't President, he would be charged with crimes, and the only reason he hasn't is because of Justice Department policies saying a sitting president can't be indicted. So Democrats say it's up to them to make it clear to voters this fall that the only remedy is impeachment.

And that's the case that some members have been making to voters over the recess, as well.

Rep. David Cicilline of Rhode Island, a member of the House Judiciary Committee who supports impeachment proceedings, said voters have had this constant refrain over the recess: "When are you going to get this guy out of there?"

"I say I'm working on it," Cicilline said.

Democrats seek documents on Pence's stay at Trump Ireland property and proposal to host G7 at Miami resort
The House Judiciary Committee has taken several steps in recent weeks that could lead to high-profile hearings, but it's still not clear if those hearings will materialize before the end of the year -- when House Judiciary Chairman Jerry Nadler, a Democrat from New York, says he hopes to decide whether to bring forward articles of impeachment.

House Democrats' subpoenas have been routinely dismissed by the White House, complicating their efforts to get information but potentially giving fodder to their argument that the President is flouting the law.

The committee's lawsuit to compel the testimony of former White House counsel Don McGahn, a key witness in the Mueller report on obstruction, could see a ruling from a federal district judge as soon as November, but appeals could stretch that court battle into 2020. Efforts from other congressional committees to obtain financial information from the IRS and from banks and accounting firms used by Trump and the Trump Organization -- which could become part of an impeachment case -- are also still tied up in court, as is the House Judiciary Committee's effort to get grand jury information from the Mueller probe.
So the committee has begun exploring other potential avenues. Last month, the committee issued three subpoenas — to former Trump campaign manager Corey Lewandowski and former White House aides Rob Porter and Rick Dearborn — seeking to bring them in for public testimony on September 17. The committee also issued a subpoena to the Department of Homeland Security on Wednesday for documents related to reports of Trump allegedly dangling pardons tied to his immigration policies.
And the committee has authorized subpoenas to three individuals tied to the hush-money payments -- including David Pecker, the chairman of National Enquirer parent company American Media Inc. -- although those have not been issued.

"I try not to worry about the clock," Dean said. "I really do count on Congress as a coequal branch to do its job and make sure to get our oversight done as quickly as possible. ... The American people are entitled to the truth before the election."

'People are exhausted by the chaos'

Nadler is party to a lawsuit brought by House and Senate Democrats against the President over the emoluments clause of the Constitution, which says no person holding office can accept gifts from foreign states without the consent of Congress. The issue has been a constant criticism from Democrats since Trump took office, but it's taken on an added sense of urgency this past month as the President has pushed to hold next year's G7 summit at his Trump National Doral Miami golf resort and Vice President Mike Pence stayed at Trump's golf resort in Doonbeg, Ireland — far from his official meetings in Dublin.

On Friday, the House Oversight and Judiciary committees said they were seeking information from the Trump administration surrounding Pence's Ireland stay and Trump's G7 push, sending letters to the White House, Secret Service, vice president's office and Trump Organization.
Cicilline said focusing on those matters -- the President enriching himself potentially in violation of the Constitution -- is a better strategy for the House Judiciary Committee, rather than areas that could be dismissed by the public as salacious, like the hush money, though he did contend that the matter was serious since the President may have broken campaign finance laws. He said many in the public could view the hush-money scandal as old terrain since his alleged extramarital affairs would have occurred before he became President. Trump has denied having affairs with the two women.

"People are exhausted by the chaos," Cicilline said, speaking of the Trump presidency more broadly.

Raskin, who has introduced a resolution of disapproval over the emoluments issue, acknowledged that Democrats still had to convince the public to move forward on impeachment. But he predicted that the committee's work on emoluments and other avenues of presidential misconduct would help build the case.

"The broader story is the President's conversion of the presidency into an instrument of self-enrichment. That's a story that's easily comprehensible, the vast majority of the public understands and is also one the framers of the Constitution anticipated," Raskin said. "They built safeguards. I think we'll be able to tell a story that leads naturally to this constitutional remedy."

This story has been updated with additional developments Friday.
https://www.cnn.com/2019/09/06/politics ... index.html
Don’t forget that.
seemslikeadream

Postby RocketMan » Fri Sep 06, 2019 11:40 am

This thread began with a post with the headline "THE CIA TAKEOVER OF THE DEMOCRATIC PARTY".

Do we wish this to be a general "Rah Rah Go Dems" thread including all and sundry news concerning whatever anyone does within the party?

Also, I have a creeping feeling this thread will sooner or later experience an infestation of posts regarding the ravishing of America the Beautiful by the terrifying Russian Bear...
Last edited by RocketMan on Fri Sep 06, 2019 11:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
-I don't like hoodlums.
RocketMan

Postby seemslikeadream » Fri Sep 06, 2019 11:43 am

ask Mac to change the title of the thread

for now it is

The Democratic Party, 2019

or start your own thread with your own title
Don’t forget that.
seemslikeadream

Postby RocketMan » Fri Sep 06, 2019 11:48 am

-I don't like hoodlums.
RocketMan

Postby seemslikeadream » Fri Sep 06, 2019 11:51 am

I like Bernie....I worked for him in 2015-2016 and I will vote for him if he is the Democratic nominee and he will vote for the Democratic nominee

it is nice that you like a man running for the Democratic nomination and that you are able to post nice things about a Democrat running for the Democratic nomination in this thread. I think it is wonderful that you have taken such an interest in the Democratic Party

if you find it appropriate to say nice things about a Democratic nominee I would ask that you afford me the same

amusing that Mac was the first to mention Russia in his OP :)

so that sooner was right from the start so maybe if Mac did not want that word mentioned he should have not mentioned it. I would not categorize Mac post the way you have but if you must fine by me

RocketMan » Fri Sep 06, 2019 10:40 am wrote:
Also, I have a creeping feeling this thread will sooner or later experience an infestation of posts regarding the ravishing of America the Beautiful by the terrifying Russian Bear...

I know you were not talking about me so I am not offended..you are free to speculate of course, it will be interesting to see how your conjecture without firm evidence pans out

if perchance you were referencing moi, no fears I have my own thread for discussing the republican party and Russia (not ravishing of America the Beautiful)
Il aurait pu être mieux if you had not mentioned Russia

have a lovely day

:backtotopic:
Don’t forget that.
seemslikeadream

Postby seemslikeadream » Fri Sep 06, 2019 1:22 pm

Lincoln's Bible

Same op that’s being laid for Warren. Dem candidate name is fungible.
This is groundwork for coming propaganda deluge via GOP/Parscale’s Facebook-RW media-White Sup websites- machine.
Lots & lots of content, created & tailored to the individual recipient’s data profile... /1
2/ Much more sophisticated than 2016.
Dem campaigns & DNC need to be ready.
Make a plan for how to counter/ dismantle propaganda without engaging it. Engagement gives it strength.
Bring in information warfare specialists to advise, ASAP.
Please heed.

3/ Personal opinion/ guess is that these are the seeds for a campaign to regain foothold with white, conservative women voters.
Please do not underestimate.
They have data & trigger points scraped from millions of social media accounts/profiles.
Military-grade propaganda works.
https://twitter.com/LincolnsBible/statu ... 2172267522

and of course the Democratic Party is CIA
says the World Socialist Web Site :snoring:

does that include Bernie Sanders, he is running for the Democratic nomination?
Don’t forget that.
seemslikeadream

Postby JackRiddler » Fri Sep 06, 2019 3:41 pm

What a lovely new sig line. It's real progress, I have to say.

*BEYOND THE SCOPE* OF THE MUELLER REPORT

Collusion with Saudi Arabia
Collusion with Israel
Collusion with UAE
Evidence preceding 2013
Evidence from 29 other federal probes
Evidence of crimes besides a conspiracy with the IRA or GRU

I approve!

Only problem is that headline. Makes no sense. Try this:

CREDIBLE *ACCUSATIONS THE #RUSSIAGATE PSYOP*
DELAYED AND CRIPPLED, TO TRUMP'S BENEFIT

Because that's the truth. These were the real issues, or some of them, with the Trump campaign and "presidency." And Mueller worship and the rest of the Red Scare 3.0 2016-19 madness BLOCKED exposure of these and other self-evident issues, 100% contrary to the idea that it somehow magically opened the way to them. It's not "beyond," it's what's left to hope for in the ruins of the "Resistance" that #Russiagate worked to destroy, now that the big dud is finally over with. (Or is it? Of course we're going to get MORE of this shit, as long as Schiff and Maddow and Co. are still around to do more damage.)

And who were the moving forces behind this psyop, which was bullshit the whole time and orchestrated for reasons having nothing to do with stopping Trump or his fascist surge? There were three:

1. War-rabid imperialist-neocon-MIC factions wtihin the political-intel power agencies (CIA, FBI, NSA) a.k.a. the "deep state";

2. the same corporate media cartel who MADE Trump as their own product for the 20 years before the election, and who MADE the Trump campaign by devoting more attention to it in 2015 than they did to all the other Republicans and Clinton combined;

3. the DNC-aligned and Clinton organizations and networks, who badly needed an explanation for how they achieved something that no one else could have done, to lose to Trump.

That's your #Russiagate coalition. That's who runs the Democratic Party today.

(I'm excluding the associated cottage industry of tall-tale-tellers who followed the shiny thing and tried to make names for themselves, the Marcys and the Louises.)

If you're so devoted to the defeat of Trump, that's why you have to insist on the nomination of Sanders, the only candidate who was outside this coalition and with a semblance of the people, the American majority, the one whom they TARGETED.

It's not even February yet, so please, no bullshit about the necessity to blah blah blah SWALLOW THE LOAD. (What I love about that is that it's even Biden's WIFE saying that shit! Swallow it!)

We meet at the borders of our being, we dream something of each others reality. - Harvey of R.I.

JackRiddler

Postby seemslikeadream » Fri Sep 06, 2019 3:42 pm

did you read the last line?

please wait for the counterintelligence report and that will be posted in the appropriate thread because I will not discuss it in this thread......the title of this thread is The Democratic Party, 2019. If you want to discuss this subject please do it in the appropriate OP or Rocketman will be very upset

the media wasn't a money launderer for the ******* mob or borrow money from a bank that launders money for ******* oligarchs
and I will wait for Rocketman to chide you for bringing up ***** he really doesn't like it but may be you get a pass

do you think Bernie would be running for Democratic nomination if he thought the Democratic Party was CIA?

Mate is all yours :D

have a wonderful afternoon
Don’t forget that.
seemslikeadream

Postby JackRiddler » Fri Sep 06, 2019 4:15 pm

Depending on how we frame it, the Democratic Party either attempted electoral suicide by making itself the Party of #Russiagate (but at least did so on behalf of its donors' interests) or became (viewed from the lower levels of the patsy-voters) the plaything of the #Russiagate complex. Luckily they weren't so dumb that they didn't STFU about this bullshit and talk about health care and such before the 2018 midterms, so they may yet avoid a disaster in 2020.

But of course the #Russiagate psyop launched almost certainly by Brennan and Clapper of the Alphabet Agencies, having in effect helped Trump and done so much damage to "The Democratic Party, 2019," is relevant in a thread so titled.

That much of it, anyway, since it is such an important reason why there is actually a big chance that the Democrats will once again pull off the miracle of an own-goal against Trump, which they will promptly blame on Susan Sarandon and me.

Of course, that does not mean the details of the Harry Potter-length fantasy narratives associated with #Russiagate are relevant here, and you are to be thanked, I suppose, for not doing what you have done in so many other threads. (The awesome length and tediousness and irrelevance of the total #Russiagate tales is why you needed to turn 2/3 of this board into permanent copy-paste spreading disinfo about the high-level loyal FBI informant Sater, the EU-aligned and utterly traditional cash-chasing Republican Manafort, the CIA assets Mifsud and Papadopoulos, et al., the other very low-level voluntary FBI informant Marcy Wheeler, that minor fixer-gangster Cohen who was never in Prague and whose idea of contacting the Russian president was to use the form on the president's site, the imaginary hacks of Vermont, etc. etc.)

For a couple of years you have chosen to make your sig line into an extensive mini-essay on the importance of the #Russiagate psyop details, so yeah, long as that is true you are bringing it into every thread in which you post.

JackRiddler

Postby seemslikeadream » Fri Sep 06, 2019 4:16 pm

you are really begging Rocketman to give you a reply

very very off topic..I told you I wouldn't discuss it in this thread but I am sure it is why you continue

carry on as you do, have a lovely afternoon

Don’t forget that.
seemslikeadream

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion