SANDERS 2020 is seriously dangerous <3

Moderators: Elvis, DrVolin, Jeff

Re: SANDERS 2020 is seriously dangerous <3

Postby RocketMan » Wed Oct 02, 2019 2:41 am

Sanders barrels on. This is looking like it's actually happening, folks. Will Bernie beef up his security detail please?

It looks like he is shoring a very impressive, ironclad grassroots support among a wide swathe of the US proletariat. I hope, whatever happens, they will not stay silent anymore, and someone picks up the torch from Bernie eventually.

https://www.commondreams.org/news/2019/ ... lion-third

Fueled by Teachers and Average Donation of $18, Sanders Raised Record $25.3 Million in Third Quarter

The presidential campaign of Sen. Bernie Sanders announced Tuesday that it raised $25.3 million from 1.4 million individual donations in the third quarter of 2019, the largest fundraising quarter of any 2020 Democratic White House contender thus far.

"The billionaire class should be very, very nervous," Sanders tweeted. "The working people of this country are ready for a political revolution."

The Sanders campaign said the average third-quarter donation was just $18, "teacher" was the most common profession of donors, and Starbucks, Amazon, and Walmart were the most common employers of donors.

Sanders's third-quarter fundraising boom was "fueled by a September haul that set a Bernie 2020 record for total amount raised and number of individual contributions in a single month," the campaign said in a press release.

"The final day of the third quarter was the second biggest fundraising day of the campaign," said the campaign. More than 99.9 percent of Sanders's donors since the start of the campaign in February can give again.
-I don't like hoodlums.
-That's just a word, Marlowe. We have that kind of world. Two wars gave it to us and we are going to keep it.
RocketMan

Blog: View Blog (0)

Postby seemslikeadream » Wed Oct 02, 2019 10:46 am

prayers for Bernie

Bernie suspends campaingn events after heart blockage surgery
Mazars and Deutsche Bank could have ended this nightmare before it started.
They could still get him out of office.
But instead, they want mass death.
Don’t forget that.
seemslikeadream

Blog: View Blog (83)

Postby liminalOyster » Wed Oct 02, 2019 11:56 pm

I love Bernie to pieces. But it's over. There's no way he bounces back now.
"It's not rocket surgery." - Elvis
liminalOyster

Postby RocketMan » Thu Oct 03, 2019 7:07 am

liminalOyster » Thu Oct 03, 2019 6:56 am wrote:I love Bernie to pieces. But it's over. There's no way he bounces back now.

We'll see, but I think this is catastrophizing... He'll bounce back is my provisional position. :clown
-I don't like hoodlums.
-That's just a word, Marlowe. We have that kind of world. Two wars gave it to us and we are going to keep it.
RocketMan

Postby JackRiddler » Thu Oct 03, 2019 9:34 am

Are they being truthful about what the problem and the procedure were?

In that case, it is 90% he will bounce back and be better. The problem will be dealing with the corporate media.

October 15 will tell the tale. And the focus may well be on him. It's an opportunity. (Quite possible he will be asked how he is feeling.)

Stents have become routine. In the U.S. many millions of people have stents and the majority of people know people who have stents. After a first procedure, most feel better and go on just as vital for many years afterward. (He should speak to them! Win the stent vote!)

Again, assuming we have heard the full story about the illness and the procedure, and it goes the media offensive can be jiu-jitsued. I hope he and his people figure it out. They should be treating this as the way to break into the old people vote.

Millions of people can't have the procedure or would be bankrupted - the campaign has already seized on this with the first tweet, spinning it straight to Medicare for All. Fabulous work.

Otherwise, Sanders needs to tacitly but obviously bless a de facto running mate before the primaries. It has to be clear who it is, that she is uncorruptible and can be trusted to stick to the same politics, and that it's a winning combo.

Said running mate may still have to be replaced by Warren.

We meet at the borders of our being, we dream something of each others reality. - Harvey of R.I.

To Justice my maker from on high did incline:
I am by virtue of its might divine,
The highest Wisdom and the first Love.

TopSecret WallSt. Iraq & more
JackRiddler

Postby seemslikeadream » Thu Oct 03, 2019 9:36 am

my daughter had a heart attack, had the same procedure, left the hospital the next day
Don’t forget that.
seemslikeadream

Postby RocketMan » Thu Oct 03, 2019 9:42 am

Again, assuming we have heard the full story about the illness and the procedure, and it goes the media offensive can be jiu-jitsued. I hope he and his people figure it out. They should be treating this as the way to break into the old people vote.

Yeah, it's really incredible how I STILL often just unthinkingly masticate such premises without question. Good point about the real medical issue & procedure. And you should tweet that suggestion to David Sirota. :thumbsup
-I don't like hoodlums.
RocketMan

Postby liminalOyster » Thu Oct 03, 2019 11:13 am

JackRiddler » Thu Oct 03, 2019 9:34 am wrote:.

Are they being truthful about what the problem and the procedure were?

In that case, it is 90% he will bounce back and be better. The problem will be dealing with the corporate media.

October 15 will tell the tale. And the focus may well be on him. It's an opportunity. (Quite possible he will be asked how he is feeling.)

Stents have become routine. In the U.S. many millions of people have stents and the majority of people know people who have stents. After a first procedure, most feel better and go on just as vital for many years afterward. (He should speak to them! Win the stent vote!)

Millions of people can't have the procedure or would be bankrupted - the campaign has already seized on this with the first tweet, spinning it straight to Medicare for All. Fabulous work.

Otherwise, Sanders needs to tacitly but obviously bless a de facto running mate before the primaries. It has to be clear who it is, that she is uncorruptible and can be trusted to stick to the same politics, and that it's a winning combo.

Said running mate may still have to be replaced by Warren.

I mean bounce back solely in terms of so-called optics. Stents are definitely routine for a certain demographic these days. But he is 78 and at the upper end of that demographic's age, IMO. And there's an army of wolves ready to use this as the final attack, esp given the opportunity to feign care/concern. I haven't even looked at the think pieces today but am certain they're everywhere or will be. It's an opportunity to treat him like some sort of beloved fading patriarch while also defanging him / all of "us". Agreed about the medicare tack you mention and also not wanting to contribute to any fatalism about the last best hope, I very much hope I am wrong.
liminalOyster

Postby 82_28 » Thu Oct 03, 2019 11:54 am

I really didn't see a 78 year old president being viable no matter how much I agree with him. Not that I am right but at 44 I could never imagine that kind of travel and meetings and etc. But the brief change he could affect might just work. But you got me.
There is no me. There is no you. There is all. There is no you. There is no me. And that is all. A profound acceptance of an enormous pageantry. A haunting certainty that the unifying principle of this universe is love. -- Propagandhi
82_28

Postby seemslikeadream » Thu Oct 03, 2019 12:27 pm

Bernie said he will be at the next debate
Don’t forget that.
seemslikeadream

Postby stickdog99 » Thu Oct 03, 2019 7:52 pm

liminalOyster » 03 Oct 2019 03:56 wrote:I love Bernie to pieces. But it's over. There's no way he bounces back now.

Why not? Because of a simple medical procedure that hundreds of millions of Americans get every year? He's already up and around.

http://theatlantic.com/health/archive/2 ... rt/599293/

Meanwhile, Joe ByeDone's campaign is in desperate need of life support: https://www.cnbc.com/2019/10/03/biden-s ... igieg.html
stickdog99

Postby JackRiddler » Thu Oct 03, 2019 9:59 pm

Not hundreds of millions, but probably 20 million have gotten. If they give him shit, he should go for the Stent Vote.
We meet at the borders of our being, we dream something of each others reality. - Harvey of R.I.

To Justice my maker from on high did incline:
I am by virtue of its might divine,
The highest Wisdom and the first Love.

TopSecret WallSt. Iraq & more
JackRiddler

Postby liminalOyster » Fri Oct 04, 2019 12:21 am

stickdog99 » Thu Oct 03, 2019 7:52 pm wrote:
liminalOyster » 03 Oct 2019 03:56 wrote:I love Bernie to pieces. But it's over. There's no way he bounces back now.

Why not? Because of a simple medical procedure that hundreds of millions of Americans get every year?

Yes. Because it's easy fodder for an extremely hostile media field and because the event coincided with Warren surging a bit. I'm not worried about Bernie and don't think it's necessarily a real issue, just think it's very good material for the opposition.
liminalOyster

Postby stickdog99 » Fri Oct 04, 2019 1:53 am

JackRiddler » 04 Oct 2019 01:59 wrote:Not hundreds of millions, but probably 20 million have gotten. If they give him shit, he should go for the Stent Vote.

LOL. I seem to have been off by a few magnitudes. I meant to say thousands in order to underestimate. Sorry.
stickdog99

Postby stickdog99 » Fri Oct 04, 2019 1:56 am

Bye! Done.

https://www.cnbc.com/2019/10/03/biden-s ... igieg.html

Biden's campaign managed to raise about 1/10th of what Trump's campaign raised in the third quarter. And Biden is supposed to be the Dems' anointed juggernaut against the oligarchs who are bankrolling Trump to the tune of $125 million in the last quarter alone?

http://npr.org/2019/10/01/766256066/bol ... 25-million

IMHO, the wholly corrupt establishment has already jumped off the SS Biden Valdez in favor of putting all of its eggs in 4 more years of Twitler.
stickdog99

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion