Beto is seriously nah

Moderators: Elvis, DrVolin, Jeff

Re: Beto is seriously nah

Postby Elvis » Sun Nov 03, 2019 8:30 pm

JackRiddler wrote:I'm going to suggest this may be an actual "filter bubble" phenomenon.

True, it's just what I see in my mostly self-selected bubble, at least as far as Buttigieg.

Beto is/was seldom if ever mentioned!

I've also heard, "I'm tired of those people from the past! We need someone new---a fresh young face!" Very glad Beto's not it.
“The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists.” ― Joan Robinson
Elvis

Blog: View Blog (0)

Postby Elvis » Mon Nov 04, 2019 3:31 pm

liminalOyster wrote:Bern or Burn

Rhyme as reason effect

Rhyming statements are perceived as more truthful. A famous example being used in the O.J Simpson trial with the defense's use of the phrase "If the gloves don't fit, then you must acquit."
“The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists.” ― Joan Robinson
Elvis

Postby JackRiddler » Mon Nov 04, 2019 6:05 pm

Will alliteration do? Vote politics, not people?
We meet at the borders of our being, we dream something of each others reality. - Harvey of R.I.

To Justice my maker from on high did incline:
I am by virtue of its might divine,
The highest Wisdom and the first Love.

TopSecret WallSt. Iraq & more
JackRiddler

Postby Laodicean » Mon Nov 04, 2019 8:12 pm

JackRiddler » Mon Nov 04, 2019 11:05 pm wrote:Vote politics, not people?

Laodicean

Blog: View Blog (16)

Postby stickdog99 » Tue Nov 05, 2019 7:37 pm

JackRiddler » 03 Nov 2019 21:26 wrote:That part is just a show to get a bit of attention for the point, dear Laodicean. Don't take it any more seriously than I do. I'm wrong all the time. My point is that this was observable, that there is a process here, that Stopping Bernie is the main game for the Democratic PTB, that various characters are auditioning for the ABB role, that Beto was never going to be it but offered an exploitable stopgap to burn while working on the eventual Real ABB.

I'm not sure they're any nearer than before.

Yeah, the Democratic establishment seems to suck at just about everything except cozying up to corporate millions and losing elections.

It's as if they just can't fathom that millions can now actually see through their transparent attempts at mollifying the electoral base they long abandoned for patent greener pastures.

"OK, so they said they wanted something new and different. Well, we gave them a white guy with a Spanish nickname, an actual Hispanic guy, a black woman, a black guy, a Slovenian woman, and a even a photogenic gay guy to choose from! And every single one of these choices came pre-approved by our billionaire donors! Hell, we even gave them a billionaire donor himself! What more do these poors want from us before they settle on their favored empty suit mouthing empty platitudes so we can finally send Joe Biden back to the neurological clinic?"
stickdog99

Previous

Return to General Discussion