Suppression/Propaganda in Media

Moderators: Elvis, DrVolin, Jeff

Re: Suppression/Propaganda in Media

Postby guruilla » Mon Feb 12, 2024 5:38 am

alloneword » Sun Feb 11, 2024 9:47 pm wrote:One thing I'm not sure if I got across regarding the non-'goodguy/badguy' narratives - basically, the characters are all dicks. They all do both laudable and lamentable things, but their actions tend to be dictated by some circumstantial or systemic driver over which they have no control and often little awareness, as opposed to some innate value or character trait. The tension and drama stem from that. I tend to find such narratives more relatable, being something of a dick myself.

In case you were wondering, I've kept an open mind on many issues, likely because I grew up within a culture where the equation: '1940s German = Nazi = Evil' was axiomatic, yet I always knew this to be false.
Thanks for the Kollerstrom interview, BTW. He didn't conform to the preconceptions I'd formed (based on what, I don't recall). I might have to steal his book from somewhere before I form any real opinion.

:lol:

Re: all dicks (and cunts?), maybe a more nuanced view is, they are all driven by malevolent metaphysical forces-slash-unconscious-childhood-patterns-slash-trauma to try and "control the world" (or bring social justice) and so always make things worse?

Has there been a thread at RI about WW2 lies? Not sure what people think of Ron Unz, but there's a long summation of the countless lies about WW2 by him here: https://www.unz.com/runz/american-pravda-understanding-world-war-ii/ - including what a nasty piece of work Churchill actually was, which shouldn't come as any surprise, and really doesn't except that: I grew up in the UK, where he was voted the greatest Briton of all time (4 places above Shakespeare!) as recently as 2002, and the mind does start to boggle about just how thoroughly our cognitive capacities have been crippled, by a lifetime of state-sanctioned lies. I remember my father, who was a staunch pacifist and against all forms of war, saying that he made an exception for WW2, implying that it was clear cut case of good vs evil... Nothing could be further from the truth, it seems: it is like the main blueprint for the creation of an international false narrative (myth), in which the victors establish their supreme goodness via the total vilification of the conquered (by which they first justified their own evil).

I am only halfway through the audio, and obviously I haven't checked all his claims; but Unz, though he may be "suss" in terms of his history in politics, who might be backing him, and how popular (and so far uncancelled) he is, does seem dependable in terms of research and citations, etc.

Example:

The documents [David] Irving unearths seemingly portray a Winston Churchill so radically different from that of my naive understanding as to be almost unrecognizable, and this naturally raised the question of whether I could credit the accuracy of Irving’s evidence and his interpretation. All his material is massively footnoted, referencing copious documents in numerous official archives, but how could I possibly muster the time or energy to verify them?

Rather ironically, an extremely unfortunate turn of events seems to have fully resolved that crucial question.

... [Most of you know the story, which was even turned into a 2016 Hollywood movie, which no amount of dedication to research could compel me to sit through]

That legal battle was certainly a David-and-Goliath affair, with wealthy Jewish movie producers and corporate executives providing a huge war-chest of $13 million to Lipstadt’s side, allowing her to fund a veritable army of 40 researchers and legal experts, captained by one of Britain’s most successful Jewish divorce lawyers. By contrast, Irving, being an impecunious historian, was forced to defend himself without benefit of legal counsel.
. . .
Although the target of their unleashed hatred was Irving’s alleged “Holocaust denial,” as near as I can tell, that particular topic was almost entirely absent from all of Irving’s dozens of books, and exactly that very silence was what had provoked their spittle-flecked outrage. Therefore, lacking such a clear target, their lavishly-funded corps of researchers and fact-checkers instead spent a year or more apparently performing a line-by-line and footnote-by-footnote review of everything Irving had ever published, seeking to locate every single historical error that could possibly cast him in a bad professional light. With almost limitless money and manpower, they even utilized the process of legal discovery to subpoena and read the thousands of pages in his bound personal diaries and correspondence, thereby hoping to find some evidence of his “wicked thoughts.”
Yet despite such massive financial and human resources, they apparently came up almost entirely empty, at least if Lipstadt’s triumphalist 2005 book History on Trial may be credited.
Until recently, my familiarity with Churchill had been rather cursory, and Irving’s revelations were absolutely eye-opening. Perhaps the most striking single discovery was the remarkable venality and corruption of the man, with Churchill being a huge spendthrift who lived lavishly and often far beyond his financial means, employing an army of dozens of personal servants at his large country estate despite frequently lacking any regular and assured sources of income to maintain them. This predicament naturally put him at the mercy of those individuals willing to support his sumptuous lifestyle in exchange for determining his political activities. And somewhat similar pecuniary means were used to secure the backing of a network of other political figures from across all the British parties, who became Churchill’s close political allies.

To put things in plain language, during the years leading up to the Second World War, both Churchill and numerous other fellow British MPs were regularly receiving sizable financial stipends—cash bribes—from Jewish and Czech sources in exchange for promoting a policy of extreme hostility toward the German government and actually advocating war. The sums involved were quite considerable, with the Czech government alone probably making payments that amounted to tens of millions of dollars in present-day money to British elected officials, publishers, and journalists working to overturn the official peace policy of their existing government.
My impression is that individuals of low personal character are those most likely to sell out the interests of their own country in exchange for large sums of foreign money, and as such usually constitute the natural targets of nefarious plotters and foreign spies. Churchill certainly seems to fall into this category, with rumors of massive personal corruption swirling around him from early in his political career. Later, he supplemented his income by engaging in widespread art-forgery, a fact that Roosevelt eventually discovered and probably used as a point of personal leverage against him. Also quite serious was Churchill’s constant state of drunkenness, with his inebriation being so widespread as to constitute clinical alcoholism. Indeed, Irving notes that in his private conversations FDR routinely referred to Churchill as “a drunken bum.”

During the late 1930s, Churchill and his clique of similarly bought-and-paid-for political allies had endlessly attacked and denounced Chamberlain’s government for its peace policy, and he regularly made the wildest sort of unsubstantiated accusations, claiming the Germans were undertaking a huge military build-up aimed against Britain. Such roiling charges were often widely echoed by a media heavily influenced by Jewish interests and did much to poison the state of German-British relations. Eventually, these accumulated pressures forced Chamberlain into the extremely unwise act of providing an unconditional guarantee of military backing to Poland’s irresponsible dictatorship. As a result, the Poles then rather arrogantly refused any border negotiations with Germany, thereby lighting the fuse which eventually led to the German invasion six months later and the subsequent British declaration of war. The British media had widely promoted Churchill as the leading pro-war political figure, and once Chamberlain was forced to create a wartime government of national unity, his leading critic was brought into it and given the naval affairs portfolio.

Following his lightening six-week defeat of Poland, Hitler unsuccessfully sought to make peace with the Allies, and the war went into abeyance. Then in early 1940, Churchill persuaded his government to try strategically outflanking the Germans by preparing a large sea-borne invasion of neutral Norway; but Hitler discovered the plan and preempted the attack, with Churchill’s severe operational mistakes leading to a surprising defeat for the vastly superior British forces. During World War I, Churchill’s Gallipoli disaster had forced his resignation from the British Cabinet, but this time the friendly media helped ensure that all the blame for the somewhat similar debacle at Narvik was foisted upon Chamberlain, so it was the latter who was forced to resign, with Churchill then replacing him as prime minister. British naval officers were appalled that the primary architect of their humiliation had become its leading political beneficiary, but reality is what the media reports, and the British public never discovered this great irony.

This incident was merely the first of the long series of Churchill’s major military failures and outright betrayals that are persuasively recounted by Irving, nearly all of which were subsequently airbrushed out of our hagiographic histories of the conflict. We should recognize that wartime leaders who spend much of their time in a state of drunken stupor are far less likely to make optimal decisions, especially if they are extremely prone to military micro-management as was the case with Churchill.

Since ending the war with Germany was in his nation’s interest but not his own, Churchill undertook ruthless means to prevent peace sentiments from growing so strong that they overwhelmed his opposition. Along with most other major countries, Britain and Germany had signed international conventions prohibiting the aerial bombardment of civilian urban targets, and although the British leader had very much hoped the Germans would attack his cities, Hitler scrupulously followed these provisions. In desperation, Churchill therefore ordered a series of large-scale bombing raids against the German capital of Berlin, doing considerable damage, and after numerous severe warnings, Hitler finally began to retaliate with similar attacks against British cities. The population saw the heavy destruction inflicted by these German bombing raids and was never informed of the British attacks that had preceded and provoked them, so public sentiment greatly hardened against making peace with the seemingly diabolical German adversary.

In his memoirs published a half-century later, Prof. Revilo P. Oliver, who had held a senior wartime role in American Military Intelligence, described this sequence of events in very bitter terms:

Great Britain, in violation of all the ethics of civilized warfare that had theretofore been respected by our race, and in treacherous violation of solemnly assumed diplomatic covenants about “open cities”, had secretly carried out intensive bombing of such open cities in Germany for the express purpose of killing enough unarmed and defenceless men and women to force the German government reluctantly to retaliate and bomb British cities and thus kill enough helpless British men, women, and children to generate among Englishmen enthusiasm for the insane war to which their government had committed them.

It is impossible to imagine a governmental act more vile and more depraved than contriving death and suffering for its own people — for the very citizens whom it was exhorting to “loyalty” — and I suspect that an act of such infamous and savage treason would have nauseated even Genghis Khan or Hulagu or Tamerlane, Oriental barbarians universally reprobated for their insane blood-lust. History, so far as I recall, does not record that they ever butchered their own women and children to facilitate lying propaganda….In 1944 members of British Military Intelligence took it for granted that after the war Marshal Sir Arthur Harris would be hanged or shot for high treason against the British people…

Churchill’s ruthless violation of the laws of war regarding urban aerial bombardment directly led to the destruction of many of Europe’s finest and most ancient cities. But perhaps influenced by his chronic drunkenness, he later sought to carry out even more horrifying war crimes and was only prevented from doing so by the dogged opposition of all his military and political subordinates.

Along with the laws prohibiting the bombing of cities, all nations had similarly agreed to ban the first use of poison gas, while stockpiling quantities for necessary retaliation. Since Germany was the world-leader in chemistry, the Nazis had produced the most lethal forms of new nerve gases, such as Tabun and Sarin, whose use might have easily resulted in major military victories on both the Eastern and Western fronts, but Hitler had scrupulously obeyed the international protocols that his nation had signed. However, late in the war during 1944 the relentless Allied bombardment of German cities led to the devastating retaliatory attacks of the V-1 flying bombs against London, and an outraged Churchill became adamant that German cities should be attacked with poison gas in counter-retaliation. If Churchill had gotten his way, many millions of British might soon have perished from German nerve gas counter-strikes. Around the same time, Churchill was also blocked in his proposal to bombard Germany with hundreds of thousands of deadly anthrax bombs, an operation that might have rendered much of Central and Western Europe uninhabitable for generations.

I found Irving’s revelations on all these matters absolutely astonishing, and was deeply grateful that Deborah Lipstadt and her army of diligent researchers had carefully investigated and seemingly confirmed the accuracy of virtually every single item.

The two existing volumes of Irving’s Churchill masterwork total well over 700,000 words, and reading them would obviously consume weeks of dedicated effort. Fortunately, Irving is also a riveting speaker and several of his extended lectures on the topic are available for viewing on BitChute after having been recently purged from YouTube:

https://www.unz.com/runz/american-pravda-understanding-world-war-ii/

Oops. Et tu, Bitchute?

This one somehow escaped the chop: https://www.bitchute.com/video/bNmOZGlGnbCC/
It is a lot easier to fool people than show them how they have been fooled.
guruilla

Blog: View Blog (0)

Postby guruilla » Mon Feb 12, 2024 12:38 pm

PS, this just in:

Super bowl public service anti-hate announcment, seen by millions: https://twitter.com/StandUp2JewHate/status/1756841375117496469

Two things:
1) To me, "JewishHate" means Jews that hate, not Jews that are hated. Was this deliberate?
The twitter account has the line, "Use the # to show solidarity for the #Jewish community and #StandUpToJewishHate" and the superbowl ad has protestors waving banners with the same slogan; in light of what's happening in Gaza, how are we to know these banners aren't held by Palestinians?

2) it features a shot of the hashtag Hitlerwasright# as an example of "Jewishhate"; the end of this sentence presumably is abouttheJews#; and such is the sentiment being stirred up currently by you-know-who doing you-know-what in you-know-where.

https://twitter.com/search?q=%22%23hitlerwasright%22&src=typed_query

How long have they been trying to create a real anti-Semitic, white supremacist, Neo-Nazi movement to funnel "red-pilled" dissidents (beyond 4chan & 8chan) into and have the domestic enemy so long dreamed of as a means to bring the iron boot down on everything? Is it looking more and more like letting certain cats out of the WW2 bag is all part of the Plan?
guruilla

Postby stickdog99 » Mon Feb 12, 2024 6:38 pm

alloneword » 11 Feb 2024 14:21 wrote:
guruilla » Thu Feb 08, 2024 8:59 am wrote:"Propaganda-derangement-syndrome" (PDS) = the sabotaging of human sense-making abilities via cognitive warfare, beginning & ending with our ability to discern truth from falsehood. What can't be said too often, IMO, is that this isn't only a means, but an end in & of itself - as implied in the above quote.

Desired result: inmates becomes guards; populace polices itself, internally as well as externally.

One of the things that became glaringly apparent to me over the past few years is that the purpose of so much of this propaganda is not so much to tell you what to think, but rather it is carefully engineered to try and convince you what others think.

You touched on this in one of your podcasts, regarding the human mind being hard-wired to be mortally afraid of social ostracization and becoming cast out from one's social group. This appears to have a deep evolutionary basis, in that such an occurrence would quite possibly have meant literal death.

This existential dread has proved to be a most effective leverage point, the employment of which is not even wholly reliant on the creation of the initial division - you can literally have a group that who are all disposed to the same opinion, yet if they are prevented by such a fear from individually voicing that common thought, it becomes easy to manipulate them into appearing to support a view that is contrary to that held by all of them.

But certainly, if division (real or perceived) can be created, fostered or nurtured, this will be exploited by the propagandists. The more polarising, the better, as we see.

Which brings me to a second notion... That all of these 'big lies', these confected narratives that contain elements that don't stand up to even the most cursory scrutiny or inquiry, that they are this way by design. These threads are left hanging out, precisely for inquiring minds to pull on and become entangled on their way down the rabbit hole. A hole that divides all the way down, along a pre-dug trajectory, until reaching it's inevitable dead end.

If they made the narratives more coherent, or the rebuttal of doubters more convincing, they might actually decrease the divisionary effect and even risk propagating the opposite.

At it's (cold, dead) heart, I honestly think it's driven by a sort of jealousy. It always seems to strive toward a single goal, which is to make us believe that we are not - or actually manipulate us into not being - intrinsically social and co-operative (all be it 'conditionally'). It doesn't understand our true nature, it sees it as pitiable and weak and so despises it, wants to kill it and seeks to weaponise it against us.

Not content with dividing us across oceans, borders and religions, they've achieved it across communities, genders, kitchen tables, beds. I would say they'll keep going until they've divided our minds, but they show no signs of stopping there.

Nice post. The psychopaths in charge seem intent on turning everything that makes us good against good humans.

Do you have any collective compassion? Great, so clearly you won't mind martial law, house arrest, total surveillance, giving up your right to travel, eating bugs, wearing masks, and injecting yourself with poison! You know. to save Grandma and Mother Earth!

Do you want to know and spread truth? Great, so clearly you won't mind imprisonment and total ostracization from everyone you know because being infected with truth is criminal.
stickdog99

Postby alloneword » Mon Feb 12, 2024 9:26 pm

Indeed, Churchill was undoubtably a truly massive shit.

guruilla » Mon Feb 12, 2024 9:38 am wrote:I grew up in the UK, where he was voted the greatest Briton of all time (4 places above Shakespeare!) as recently as 2002, and the mind does start to boggle about just how thoroughly our cognitive capacities have been crippled, by a lifetime of state-sanctioned lies.

Not crippled enough, I would hope, to assume that there's any integrity to a 'popular vote' conducted by the BBC. ;)

"In other news, everybody thinks a corrupt, alcoholic war-monger is the best person that ever lived. Here's John with the weather..."

Something sparked by Irving mentioning the gas... Surely they must have known that the ~38 million gas masks that were distributed to the civilian population would have proved ineffective in the event of an actual attack?

I'm sure they served as a comforting talisman of sorts. I mean, why else would anyone suffer the discomfort, sensory deprivation, inability to see each others faces and elevated risk of hypoxia associated with wearing something that was incapable of fulfilling it's stated purpose?

Well, I'm just glad nothing like that has ever happened in my lifetime. :|
alloneword

Postby guruilla » Tue Feb 13, 2024 11:09 am

alloneword » Mon Feb 12, 2024 9:26 pm wrote:
Not crippled enough, I would hope, to assume that there's any integrity to a 'popular vote' conducted by the BBC. ;)

Touche, and great case in point. :lol:
guruilla

Postby Hugo Farnsworth » Tue Feb 13, 2024 5:36 pm

Sorry folks, I have not posted in a while, actually quite a while.
My heart is broken.
I pose only one question to world leaders: "HAVE YOU COLLECTIVELY GONE INSANE?"
Without traversing the edges, the center is unknowable.
Hugo Farnsworth

Postby stickdog99 » Wed Feb 14, 2024 5:01 pm

Myopic but on the right track

The role of behavioral psychology in the iatrogenocide

Pharma weaponized belonging against us.

Pharma weaponized parents’ love for their children against us.

Pharma weaponized our deep respect for science against us.

Pharma weaponized normalcy bias against us.

Pharma created a crime so monstrous that few would believe it.
stickdog99

Postby guruilla » Thu Feb 15, 2024 4:18 am

"I believe we are being pharmed." Charles Fort, circa 1920
guruilla

Postby alloneword » Thu Feb 15, 2024 6:48 pm

This was both very interesting and very pertinent to this topic...

COVID Psychological Manipulation: Unpacked

Dr. John Campbell's latest talk, with Ros Nealon-Cook, a psychologist from Australia.

There's a lot to 'unpack', but they do a good job of it over an hour and a half: The weaponisation of psychology and the psychology of division, inter-generational trauma, differential susceptibility, holding compassion, 'double bind' theory, theory of mind, plus tips on how to wake the 'sleeping baby'. What's most interesting (to me) here is the discussion of ideas concerning how to potentially undo some of the damage that's been done.

https://iv.ggtyler.dev/watch?v=4Iqa4CoMciU
https://youtu.be/4Iqa4CoMciU
alloneword

Postby guruilla » Fri Feb 23, 2024 11:03 am

German authorities have filed an appeal to overturn my acquittal in criminal court last week. Apparently, their plan is to keep putting me on trial until they get a judge who is willing to convict me of something, or to bankrupt me with legal costs. Silly me, for a moment there, I was actually starting to believe this was over.

https://cjhopkins.substack.com/p/the-resistible-rise-of-the-new-normal
guruilla

Postby Belligerent Savant » Mon Mar 04, 2024 11:17 pm

An author that also features quite prominently in Jasun Horsley's latest book, Big Mother; all of these traits amplified by orders of magnitude since 2020 (and some of them were enforced as part of policy -- forced 'loneliness', isolation and atomization via lockdowns & mandates, in part to further enhance the efficacy of a few of these tactics):

12 thoughts from the book, Propaganda (1965) by Jacques Ellul

1. Modern man can "never stop to reflect." He's not allowed to synthesize his information. Rather, Ellul writes: "One thought drives away another; old facts are chased by new ones."

2. Clear thought has been replaced by vague feeling: "Modern man does not think about current problems; he feels them. He reacts, but be does not understand them any more than he takes responsibility for them."

3. Breaking news is brainwashing you. Ellul: "To the extent that propaganda is based on current news, it cannot permit time for thought or reflection." When everything is urgent, you are forced to "remain on the surface of the event."

4. Jacques Ellul predicted echo chambers: "Those who read the press of their group and listen to the radio of their group are constantly reinforced in their allegiance. We see before our eyes how a world of closed minds establishes itself."

5. Ellul on how the modern man lacks a center of gravity: "Lacking landmarks, he follows all currents." His soul is "discontinuous and fragmented." Life reduced to unconnected moments...

6. Everyone can read but not everyone can think. This makes propaganda more, not less, common. Ellul: "The vast majority of people, perhaps 90 percent, know how to read, but do not exercise their intelligence beyond this. They attribute authority and eminent value to the printed word...they are precisely on the level at which the printed word can seize and convince them without opposition."

7. Once a person is compromised...once they've acted out a lie...they are yours forever. Ellul: "He who acts in obedience to propaganda can never go back. He is now obliged to believe in that propaganda because of his past action. He is obliged to receive from it his justification and authority, without which his action will seem to him absurd or unjust, which would be intolerable."

8. Propaganda works by channeling the energies of a society's "fundamentals myths." These are the central stories operating inside the collective mind: "The myth of happiness, the myth of progress, the myth of the nation." A skilled propagandist will always borrow from, and build on, the "current beliefs and symbols" of a society.

9. Propagandists set up "psychological levers." They ensure that "certain words, signs or symbols" start provoking certain reflex actions...and then they wait. The levers can now be turned when and how needed.

10. Indirect propaganda works best. Aggressive attempts at manipulation will fail as people's defenses will go up. But give a man plausible deniability, feed him convenient information, make him feel that he's "obeying reason" as he follows your command, and you have him where you want him.

11. Lonely, depressed people are the easiest victims of propaganda. Jacques Ellul: "An individual can be influenced by forces such as propaganda only when he is cut off from membership in local groups because such groups are organic and have a well-structured material, spiritual and emotional life; they are not easily penetrated by propaganda."

12. The conditions of modernity are actually the conditions of unprecedented propaganda: "The permanent uncertainty, the social mobility, the absence of sociological protection and of traditional frames of reference — all these inevitably provide propaganda with a malleable environment that can be conditioned at will. The individual left to himself is defenseless..."

https://x.com/oldbooksguy/status/176471 ... 32974?s=20
Belligerent Savant

Postby Belligerent Savant » Tue Mar 19, 2024 7:51 pm

Utterly despicable/grotesque that a fucking Supreme Court JUSTICE expresses this position.

This shouldn't be a fucking "left wing" vs "right wing" issue. Of course, that's what they [those in positions of large-scale influence] do: they create facile, insipid talking points that the majority apparently consume dutifully. Dumbing down discourse while widening division and confusion.

I'd prefer that @GGreenwald avoid dipping into similar rhetoric, but his take here is largely spot-on.

@SystemUpdate_
@GGreenwald rips apart Ketanji Brown Jackson's concern that the First Amendment could, in fact, limit government power:

"She believes... the free speech guarantee is an impediment to the government being able to to do things it needs to do...

I appreciate Justice Brown Jackson for being as explicit as she is. She's speaking for American liberals here and she's saying, 'We can't allow free speech anymore. It's too dangerous.'

That's what's at the heart of this case. That's what is at the heart of the Biden administration's behavior.

It's at the heart of all these laws that countries throughout the democratic world are enacting to control the internet—that they believe free speech is no longer a luxury that we can afford because... disinformation is something that is too dangerous to permit."

KBJ doubles down: “My biggest concern is that your view has the First Amendment hamstringing the government in significant ways.”
(~33:15 mark in the below youtube video)

That is, quite literally, the entire point of the First Amendment—of the entire Bill of Rights.

https://x.com/SystemUpdate_/status/1770 ... 05868?s=20
Belligerent Savant

Postby Belligerent Savant » Wed Mar 20, 2024 8:49 am

Propaganda Re: 'The Deep State'

Belligerent Savant

Postby DrEvil » Thu Mar 21, 2024 6:11 pm

The whole "replace public servants/the deep state with loyalist cronies" is the plan: https://www.project2025.org/.
"I only read American. I want my fantasy pure." - Dave
DrEvil

Postby DrEvil » Fri Mar 22, 2024 7:34 pm

Case in point: they already started cleaning house at the RNC in preparation for the election. Lara Trump, Eric Trump's wife, is now co-chair of the whole organization. I wonder how many pages the thread would be if Hunter Biden's wife was suddenly in charge of the DNC.
"I only read American. I want my fantasy pure." - Dave
DrEvil

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion