Suppression/Propaganda in Media

Moderators: Elvis, DrVolin, Jeff

Re: Suppression/Propaganda in Media

Postby Wombaticus Rex » Wed Jul 28, 2021 9:48 am

Seeing Paul in HBO's (mostly atrocious) QAnon documentary startled the shit out of me; I'd forgotten how prodigious and low-rent the closing act of his career has been, doing talking-head appearances for anyone who will let him show up and generally being a reliable barometer of which domestic psyops the military is actively involved in because he's incapable of subtlety or going off-script when he gets passed new talking points.

Which, you know: thanks, old guy, appreciate it.

Thanks for the curious update on the Godfather of the Set Nerds, too, that's a very curious state of affairs.
Wombaticus Rex

Blog: View Blog (0)

Postby PufPuf93 » Wed Jul 28, 2021 11:56 am

Wombaticus Rex » Wed Jul 28, 2021 6:48 am wrote:Seeing Paul in HBO's (mostly atrocious) QAnon documentary startled the shit out of me; I'd forgotten how prodigious and low-rent the closing act of his career has been, doing talking-head appearances for anyone who will let him show up and generally being a reliable barometer of which domestic psyops the military is actively involved in because he's incapable of subtlety or going off-script when he gets passed new talking points.

Which, you know: thanks, old guy, appreciate it.

Thanks for the curious update on the Godfather of the Set Nerds, too, that's a very curious state of affairs.

Thanks for the MindWar pdf, fascinating. Have not kept up with Aquino.

Once upon a time in late 60s I was attending a "progressive" boarding school that would have optional cultural events (like saw Hendrix at Berkeley Community Theatre). The school was small, 130 HS students, and the events varied in popularity, and the San Francisco North Beach Saturday had maybe 20 students. So started at Cafe Trieste and on to City Lights etc. But we got to meet and be talked to by the personalities at the visits in out small group. Saw Carol Doda at the Condor and her grand piano but did not see the show. One of the stop was Anton LaVey's Magick Shop.

Wish had watched the HBO Q doc, may figure out a way to watch. This shit is troubling.
PufPuf93

Postby Belligerent Savant » Thu Jul 29, 2021 9:42 pm

JackRiddler » Mon Jul 26, 2021 7:26 pm wrote:
but current wide-scale measures -- which have and will continue to cause devastation to lives/restriction of essential freedoms for millions, now and for years to come if left unchallenged -- requires a 'softer' messaging platform.

Only if you want to win, gent. Only if you want to understand the thing that is actually happening and possibly defeat it among the people who are actually experiencing it, rather than sabotaging any such effort by adopting a satisfying, maximal stance of alienation. If your preference instead is to have your full daily wank-off rant where everyone is a Nazi or 'complicit' except the actual Nazis, I suppose doing it here does the least damage.

The bolded bit is misrepresentation. Of course I hold 'the actual nazis' responsible. My reference to 30s Germany was a method of comparison to a prior time in history where similar types of sentiment -- due largely to conditioning/propaganda methods employed by the power structures in place at the time -- were expressed, exacerbating (and facilitating) control mechanisms. Nowhere did I suggest "everyone is a Nazi". Actually, I don't think I used the word "nazi" at all.

This is what I typed about those complicit, in another thread:

Belligerent Savant » Mon Jul 26, 2021 10:12 am wrote:
mentalgongfu2 » Sun Jul 25, 2021 6:21 pm wrote:...alas, even on RI I guess the battle lines are drawn and because I disagree with some things someone believes, I am now the enemy, as exhibited by other recent posts.

That's a misframing. I can only speak for myself, though I imagine others here would agree, that the commentary you may be referencing did not categorize you (or broadly, those that subscribe to the standard narratives on covid) as an "enemy", but -- at least in my phrasing -- as complicit, wittingly or not, in the continued affronts to our lives, livelihoods, and whatever civil liberties/rights we may have had prior to 2020.

So long as the majority continue to subscribe -- largely without scrutiny -- to the dominant storylines, the majority (including those in opposition, rightly, to these storylines) will suffer.*

*more are questioning the narratives, however. With time, others will begin to question. Hopefully sooner rather than later.

Those currently responsible for the damage done can only succeed so long as the many remain in a trance or refuse to assess the data soberly, without fear or pretense.

That's not to say anyone here has it all figured out. To the contrary, we're all here attempting to make sense of it all. But it starts with acknowledging that egregious lies are being told. And if we continue to passively accept these lies, things will get worse, markedly.

That does not read to me as presenting an 'alienating' stance; there are shades of empathy expressed in that wankery.

Now let's compare my quoted commentary above with the following gems:

In this minor sampling, how complicit are these (presumably genuine) individuals in the persistence of current actions by Empire? Are they wholly blameless, or do they share a portion of the fault in our current circumstances?

(the parallels with certain sentiment in 1930s Germany -- not only the controllers, but also those being conditioned -- are a bit easier to see, eh?)

To what extent are individuals responsible for applying discernment when exposed to, and considering, blatant propaganda (I'm being generous here by suggesting they consider it; in most cases, the propaganda is dutifully swallowed whole, accepted practically as gospel)? Or are they mere victims?

The problem, especially now, is that blind subscription to blatant propaganda helps manifest them into policy and laws. Hence, there is at least a measure of complicity when subscribing to them without scrutiny.

That aside, whatever one's thoughts are about fools -- like those above -- spewing blatant forms of alienation and segregation, similar considerations would also be in play for those on the other end of the spectrum, such as the rubes that attended the event on Jan 6th. What were they, other than dupes to propaganda? The key difference is whatever the participants of Jan 6th believed, it had minimal -- if not net zero -- impact on the majority.

To expand a bit further: what's been the overall impact of the events of Jan 6th compared to the events over the past ~18 months related to covid? Which event will have far more lasting impact on current and future generations?
Belligerent Savant

Postby Harvey » Fri Jul 30, 2021 12:52 pm

https://www.craigmurray.org.uk/archives/2021/07/going-dark/

Going Dark

July 30, 2021 by Craig Murray

This blog will be going dark for a few months. The Queen kindly paid for my dinners for over twenty years while I was a British diplomat and Ambassador, and now she is going to be paying for my dinners again. That is very kind, I thought she had forgotten me.

The following is a statement from Nadira:
Today is the most heartbreaking day. My husband whose health has been found to not be suitable for prison must hand himself in for detention within hours following the UK Supreme Court’s decision not to hear his appeal.

We were extremely hopeful that the Supreme Court would hear his case and had no doubt that this particular case should have been heard given how important and relevant it is in the context of Freedom of Speech in the UK. Instead, the Supreme Court declined to hear it.

Yet again my heart is deeply saddened to find that the UK, once a country which placed great importance on Human Rights issues, has failed to listen to my husband’s case. Additionally, the Scottish Court outright dismissed Craig’s poor health, having been made aware through the mandatory Social Work report and doctor’s reports that his wellbeing would be at risk if forced to go to jail.

At first I tried to come to terms of him being jailed in the hope he would be granted dignified conditions in jail but I am saddened and shocked to learn he could be placed among criminals, with no ability to bring books or enable him to write, with no entertainment allowed. He is being treated like a criminal. This is not a just punishment, this is a deliberate attempt to break the spirit of anyone brave enough to make use of free speech.

Given a pen and paper what do you do? You write in your own voice speaking the truth. Having been with Craig for two decades he has always spent his time and energy highlighting injustices and standing up for what is right, carefully, considerately and consistently.

I was brought up during Soviet times, and post independence in my own country, Uzbekistan. I have witnessed and personally experienced myself what the price of freedom of speech truly is. Opponents were ‘disappeared’ or it was claimed they had ‘taken their own life’, or been locked away in asylums. I am filled with fear this pattern is now repeating itself in the UK. It is appalling to see Craig is going through the same treatment in the so-called ‘human rights’ respecting country UK.

This is an attack on Truthtellers. His writings are those of a highly qualified Journalist, Human Rights Activist, former Rector of Dundee University and former British Ambassador. To us, his family, this situation is devastating: I am now left with my 5 months old baby, yet to find a good way to explain Craig’s jail sentence to his confused and anxious 12 year old son.

Of any readers concerned with the loss of freedom of speech and equality before the law I ask that you show active and outspoken solidarity with my partner.

A Craig Murray Justice Campaign has been formed which I hope you can support. Find them on twitter @cmurrayjustice. Their website will be up shortly and details will be posted on this site.

I am well aware that the last few weeks I have posted very little, because the constant worry of having a jail sentence hanging imminently over my head, which became very oppressive. For the last several Friday afternoons I was watching the clock until the time came when I was confident no warrant would come and I could have another weekend with my children.
And while we spoke of many things, fools and kings
This he said to me
"The greatest thing
You'll ever learn
Is just to love
And be loved
In return"

Eden Ahbez
Harvey

Blog: View Blog (20)

Postby Harvey » Fri Jul 30, 2021 1:56 pm

https://wingsoverscotland.com/the-systems-revenge/

The system’s revenge

Posted on July 29, 2021 by Craig Murray Justice

Please note the below press release regarding the impending incarceration of former UK Ambassador Craig Murray

[29/07/2021; 15:52 pm; Edinburgh]

Legal precedent will be set tomorrow as Craig Murray will be the first person to be imprisoned on the charge of jigsaw identification in the UK, and indeed in the entire world. Scotland’s second most senior judge, Lady Dorrian, sentenced Murray to 8 months of incarceration following a contempt of court charge for ‘jigsaw identification’ relating to the trial against Alex Salmond.

In May Lady Dorrian said that in her view Murray had intended to release identities of Salmond’s accusers. Mr Murray has always denied any intent to identify and that anybody was actually identified. Murray had not directly identified any of the accusers in the Salmond trial, but Dorrian argued identification may be possible if his reporting of the case was read in connection with other materials in the public domain.

No one aside from Murray was charged with jigsaw identification in connection with the Salmond case, despite the fact that 81% of respondents in a Panelbase survey who believed that had learned identities, gave mainstream media as the source of their knowledge. Lady Dorrian specifically stated that bloggers and mainstream media should be treated differently, as mainstream media are self-regulated.

Murray is the first person to be imprisoned in the UK for a media contempt for over 50 years, and in Scotland for over 70 years.

Murray’s imprisonment comes after an announcement from the UK Supreme Court that it will not hear his appeal. Former UK Ambassador to Uzbekistan Craig Murray will surrender himself to Police shortly and begin to serve the custodial sentence handed to him. A public protest against Murrays’ incarceration is planned. Murray’s wife and mother of their 5 month and 12 year old sons Nadira has written an open letter asking for “active and outspoken solidarity from anyone concerned about the loss of freedom of speech and equality before the law”.

Murray had recently been called as a witness in a case brought by Spanish state prosecutors against UC Global for allegedly acting on behalf of the CIA in covertly spying on Julian Assange in the Ecuadorian Embassy. Material before the Spanish court includes several hours of covert surveillance video of Murray in private conversation with Assange on the future of Assange and Wikileaks. The Scottish court removed Murray’s passport expressly to prevent him traveling to Spain to testify.

Craig Murray commented:

“I go to jail with a clean conscience after a Kafkaesque trial. I genuinely do not know who I am supposed to have identified or which phrases I published are said to have identified them, in combination with what other information in the public domain. This judgement will have a chilling effect on reporting of the defence case at trials, to the detriment of justice, and the different treatment of bloggers and approved media is sinister.

I carefully protect the identities of the accusers in my reports.

I believe this is actually the state’s long sought revenge for my whistleblowing on security service collusion with torture and my long term collaboration with Wikileaks and other whistleblowers. Unfortunately important free speech issues are collateral damage.”

Murray and the Craig Murray Justice committee have both signalled their intention to continue to resist the penalty handed to him by continuing to appeal to the European Court of Human Rights via all routes required. They are particularly concerned that in her opinion Lady Dorrian implied that bloggers and public commentators like Murray ought to be punished more severely than mainstream journalists for the same offense.

Ellen Joelle Dalzell, coordinator of the Craig Murray Justice campaign group stated:

“The sentence handed to Craig Murray not only sets legal precedent in terms of a custodial sentence for the charge of jigsaw identification, it represents an attack on free speech in general, and a tangible threat to the free reporting of legal trials in particular.

The judgement is excessively punitive, is likely to have severe implications for Murray’s poor health and represents a dangerous precedent for journalists and other writers who seek to fairly report or comment on matters of public law.”
This he said to me
"The greatest thing
You'll ever learn
Is just to love
And be loved
In return"

Eden Ahbez
Harvey

Postby Harvey » Sat Jul 31, 2021 8:24 am

This he said to me
"The greatest thing
You'll ever learn
Is just to love
And be loved
In return"

Eden Ahbez
Harvey

Postby Belligerent Savant » Sat Jul 31, 2021 1:25 pm

In another time, the above development (Re: Craig Murray) would likely inspire mass protests and campaigns against blatant forms of suppression and censorship. Now it's far from anomalous; it's part of a trend, one which is largely applauded by online "leftists".
Belligerent Savant

Postby Belligerent Savant » Sun Aug 01, 2021 12:13 pm

I quoted this piece elsewhere. A few more extended bits here:

Fascism and the Antifestival

June 2021

(Part 2 of the Girard series. Part 1 here)

Today, the Western world and particularly the United States appears to be in the midst of a classic Girardian sacrificial crisis. Once-reliable social institutions crumble. The public loses trust in its authorities: political, financial, legal, and medical. The new generation is poorer and sicker than the last. Few of any political persuasion believe that society is working or that we are on the right track. Reason, markets, and technology have failed to redeem their utopian promise. The gods have failed us, and we glimpse monsters emerging from their shadows: ecological collapse, nuclear armageddon, the poisoning of our bodies, minds, and world. Simmering differences and rivalries, once subsumed under a general civic consensus, take on a new intensity as each side grows more militant. As confidence wanes in the state’s capacity to hold evil at bay, latent ritualistic instincts come back to life.

Philosopher Rene Girard argued that these ritualistic instincts derive from social upheavals in which runaway cycles of vengeance – the original social disease – were converted into unifying violence against scapegoated victims. Rituals, religions, festivals, and political institutions evolved to prevent similar outbreaks from recurring.

One such ritual pattern that Girard identifies is the “antifestival,” in which “The rites of sacrificial expulsion are not preceded by a period of frenzied anarchy, but by an extreme austerity and an increased rigor in the observance of all interdicts.” In modern times this takes an extended institutional form in totalitarianism. Both Soviet communism and Nazi fascism had a strong puritanical streak, as both were hostile to anything outside their own order. Fascism is essentially an extended antifestival, and it arises, as does the antifestival, in response to looming social breakdown, real or imagined. In many societies, the priestly caste takes every opportunity to impose these rigorous interdicts, taboos, and rituals, which after all increase their own power. The best opportunity is a crisis that can be attributed to people’s sinful ways. A crisis like an earthquake, a flood, or… a plague.

We seem today to be partially emerging from an extended series of antifestivals, otherwise known as “lockdowns.” They have accompanied totalitarian tendencies and a quasi-fascistic hostility to true festivals or indeed to anything resembling public fun. Moreover, many of our public health measures bear a distinct ritualistic cast, and share with both fascism and with numerous archaic antifestivals an obsession with “pollution.”

The priests are the scientists. The wand is the PCR test swab. The unclean are those who test positive. The potion is the vaccine. My point is not that Covid is nothing but a religious hysteria. My point is that, whatever else Covid is, it is also a religious hysteria; that this lens greatly illuminates our current condition and quite probably upcoming events. Our social responses to Covid bear so striking a resemblance to ritual practices and ideas (masks, potions, tabooed persons, sanctification, etc.) that we have to ask how much of our public health policy is really scientific, and how much is religion in disguise. It might even lead to a deeper question: how and whether science differs from (other) religions. (Before you start protesting, “Ridiculous. What about objectivity? The Scientific Method? Peer review?” please read this explanation. The idea cannot be dismissed on trivial grounds.)

I hesitate to call anything “just a ritual,” a dismissal that ignores the mysterious relationship between ritual and reality; however, the dubious efficacy of many of our public health practices invites the judgment that they are, indeed, “just rituals.” I will not attempt here to make a case that masks, lockdowns, distancing, and so forth are dubious. Ultimately the argument comes down to whether our systems of knowledge production (science and journalism) are sound, and whether our medical and political authorities are trustworthy. To doubt public health orthodoxy is to answer no, they are not sound, they are not trustworthy. However, anyone who tries to make this case must, by necessity, source evidence from outside official institutions – evidence which, for the true believers, is illegitimate by definition.

One is unlikely to prove the priests wrong using information sanctioned by the priests. If you try, you are exposed as a heretic.

One contemporary term for a heretic is a “conspiracy theorist.” The term belongs in quotes because it is one thing to claim our institutions are unsound, and quite another to claim that a conscious conspiracy makes them so. “Conspiracy theorist” has become one of the ways to dismiss and dehumanize dissidents to public health orthodoxy.

The swiftness with which deviants from Covid orthodoxy are consigned to subhuman categories is alarming. It is just what is needed to prepare them for their role as Girardian scapegoats. A perennial human reflex, in times of trouble, is to find or create heretics and outcasts. Today they are called “anti-maskers,” “anti-vaxxers,” “science deniers,” “Q-adjacent,” “conspiracy theorists,” “covidiots,” and “domestic extremists,” subjects of a kind of virtual pogrom that humiliates, blames, and often digitally extinguishes its targets. And sometimes the consequences are more than digital.

Like modern fascists with their ideas of ethnic cleansing, and modern communists with their party purges, ancient societies according to Girard were often obsessed with pollution. The original pollutant was violence, which once instigated could quickly spread out of control, much like an infection. To quote Girard, “If the sacrificial catharsis actually succeeds in preventing the unlimited propagation of violence, a sort of infection is in fact being checked…. The tendency of violence to hurl itself on a surrogate if deprived of its original object can surely be described as a contaminating process.” Thus it was that sacrificial victims were often quarantined from normal society, and that the violence of the sacrifice was strictly contained within ritual structures.

What totalitarian societies, traditional antifestivals, and Covid lockdowns have in common is a reflex of control. This reflex meets any failure of control with more of it. When herbicide-resistant weeds appear, the solution is a new herbicide. When immigrants cross the border, we build a wall. When a school shooter gets into a locked school building, we fortify it further. When germs develop resistance to antibiotics, we develop new and stronger ones. When masks fail to stop the spread of covid, we wear two. When our taboos fail to keep evil at bay, we redouble them. The controlling mind foresees a paradise in which every action and every object is monitored, labeled, and controlled. There will be no room for any bad thing to exist. Nothing and no one will be out of place. Every action will be authorized. Everyone will be safe.

Those who attribute the controlling programs of Bill Gates and the technocratic elite to malice do not see the idealism behind the Technological Program. To the elites, their critics seem incomprehensible: deluded, ignorant enemies of progress itself, enemies of the betterment of humanity.

Unfortunately for them and for us, the paradise of total control is a mirage, receding all the more quickly the faster we approach it. The more tightly we impose order, the more chaos squeezes out through the cracks. Girard: “Violence too long held in check will overflow its bounds—and woe to those who happen to be nearby.” The same for other aspects of the Wild: desire, anger, fear, eros. Extreme order creates its opposite.

A subtle parallel connects the dynamics of the sacrificial victim with other programs of control. Ultimately, both depend on a false reduction whose temporary appearance of success allows deeper problems to persist. The cause of immigration is not just immigrants; the cause of school shootings is not just shooters; the cause of disease is not just pathogens; the cause of climate change Is not just greenhouse gases. These are but the terminal agents of a long process; they are the most conspicuous among a complex of causes; they are, like a scapegoat, convenient targets for the exercise of power. Having exercised it, we rest satisfied that something has been done.

https://charleseisenstein.org/essays/gi ... ifestival/
Belligerent Savant

Postby stickdog99 » Sun Aug 01, 2021 2:44 pm

I went out last night, and I talked to the natives. I am sad to report that the propaganda is working.

COVID-19 cases are on the rise in San Francisco, and people are now frightened that their small summer respite from lockdowns will soon evaporate and that the warden will once again place them in solitary confinement. Every news station, mass media outlet, and social media outlet is telling them to blame the willfully stupid unvaccinated hordes, and I am sorry to report that even my friends and acquaintances are happily obliging. To protect themselves against these insidious unvaccinated cretins, they have gone back to half-heartedly wearing their flimsy masks even as they sit and complain about the awful unvaccinated on their barstools.

One of the fine fellows I talked with regaled his audience with his new manifesto. He is now no longer willing to adjust his behavior to protect the willfully ignorant who refuse to protect themselves. Despite claiming to have had a quite severe case of COVID-19 (starting in January 2020 before the first recognized case in the USA) that caused him to lose his sense of taste and smell for several months, this intrepid youthfully retired high tech millionaire has since gotten two vaccinations and has already enrolled in a pilot experiment to get his third later this month. The jealousy with which his audience reacted to this announcement was palpable.

So if first you don't succeed, mask and jab some more. And hold everybody else down for a a double jab while you are at it since obviously the more the merrier regardless of previous vaccination status or COVID-19 exposure.

Normally, I can at least talk honestly about this with my friends. Last night was the first night I felt like a Jew at a Nazi party.
stickdog99

Postby PufPuf93 » Sun Aug 01, 2021 4:25 pm

stickdog99 » Sun Aug 01, 2021 11:44 am wrote:I went out last night, and I talked to the natives. I am sad to report that the propaganda is working.

COVID-19 cases are on the rise in San Francisco, and people are now frightened that their small summer respite from lockdowns will soon evaporate and that the warden will once again place them in solitary confinement. Every news station, mass media outlet, and social media outlet is telling them to blame the willfully stupid unvaccinated hordes, and I am sorry to report that even my friends and acquaintances are happily obliging. To protect themselves against these insidious unvaccinated cretins, they have gone back to half-heartedly wearing their flimsy masks even as they sit and complain about the awful unvaccinated on their barstools.

One of the fine fellows I talked with regaled his audience with his new manifesto. He is now no longer willing to adjust his behavior to protect the willfully ignorant who refuse to protect themselves. Despite claiming to have had a quite severe case of COVID-19 (starting in January 2020 before the first recognized case in the USA) that caused him to lose his sense of taste and smell for several months, this intrepid youthfully retired high tech millionaire has since gotten two vaccinations and has already enrolled in a pilot experiment to get his third later this month. The jealousy with which his audience reacted to this announcement was palpable.

So if first you don't succeed, mask and jab some more. And hold everybody else down for a a double jab while you are at it since obviously the more the merrier regardless of previous vaccination status or COVID-19 exposure.

Normally, I can at least talk honestly about this with my friends. Last night was the first night I felt like a Jew at a Nazi party.

I live in Humboldt county CA and the Delta variant has blown up recently. The county does daily updates during the 5 weekdays. Last Thursday was up 3X-4X over recent and near the peak at the early infection spikes. Friday's report was over twice Thursday report.

I travel the 85 windy miles to Humboldt week every 2-3 weeks for doctors and supply and it has been interesting over time to see the various institutional and individuals response to the pandemic change over time. Two weeks ago (last trip), the plexiglass shields, hand sanitizer, walking lanes in stores, and other distancing items gone and very few people wearing masks except at medical. I usually go to two p** dispensaries that are around the corner from each other: one was still masked and social distancing, the other was having an end of pandemic party in their parking lot and inside the dispensary with their sources set up to sell and give away stuff.

COUNTY RECORDS HIGHEST SINGLE-DAY CASE COUNT AS OFFICIALS WARN OF DELTA SPREAD

Press release from the County of Humboldt:

Sixty-nine new cases of COVID-19 have been recorded in Humboldt County today, the highest single-day report since the first local case was diagnosed in February 2020. A total of 5,114 county residents have tested positive for the virus.

Four new hospitalizations also were reported, including one resident in their 40s, two in their 70s and one over the age of 80.

The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) continues to emphasize the severity of the Delta variant, which represents 8 in 10 current cases across the country. CDC released preliminary data that indicates infection with the Delta variant of COVID-19 results in high viral loads in both vaccinated and unvaccinated individuals, one of the factors that could account for its increased transmissibility.

Remainder of article and many comments at: https://kymkemp.com/2021/07/30/county-r ... ta-spread/
PufPuf93

Postby Harvey » Tue Aug 03, 2021 8:27 am

Meanwhile

This he said to me
"The greatest thing
You'll ever learn
Is just to love
And be loved
In return"

Eden Ahbez
Harvey

Small kernel against despair...

Postby JackRiddler » Tue Aug 03, 2021 2:45 pm

Video
https://twitter.com/RaggedTP/status/1421782147606753283

Ragged Trousered Philanderer
@RaggedTP
A tearful farewell to Craig Murray with his supporters singing ‘Auld Lang Syne’ as he hands himself in to the police at St Leonards Police Station, Edinburgh to begin his 8 month sentence for reporting on the Alex Salmond case. Journalism under threat in Scotland and the UK.
We meet at the borders of our being, we dream something of each others reality. - Harvey of R.I.

To Justice my maker from on high did incline:
I am by virtue of its might divine,
The highest Wisdom and the first Love.

TopSecret WallSt. Iraq & more
JackRiddler

Postby Belligerent Savant » Fri Aug 06, 2021 2:00 pm

This can be placed across several threads here.

https://youtu.be/09maaUaRT4M

This video was made in collaboration with Academy of Ideas. They create videos explaining the ideas of history's great thinkers in order to help supply the world with more knowledge, to empower the individual, and to promote freedom. Please check out their youtube channel for more brilliant content. https://www.youtube.com/c/academyofideas or visit their website to learn more https://academyofideas.com/

In this video we are going to explore the most dangerous of all psychic epidemics, the mass psychosis. A mass psychosis is an epidemic of madness and it occurs when a large portion of a society loses touch with reality and descends into delusions. Such a phenomenon is not a thing of fiction. Two examples of mass psychoses are the American and European witch hunts 16th and 17th centuries and the rise of totalitarianism in the 20th century.

This video will aim to answer questions surrounding mass psychosis: What is it? How does is start? Has it happened before? Are we experiencing one right now? And if so, how can the stages of a mass psychosis be reversed?

Get in touch via https://www.afterskool.net/

Sample screenshots:

Belligerent Savant

Postby Hugo Farnsworth » Fri Aug 06, 2021 3:21 pm

I have been recommending this YT channel to friends and family.
Without traversing the edges, the center is unknowable.
Hugo Farnsworth

Postby Belligerent Savant » Wed Aug 11, 2021 11:23 am

Worth underscoring, extracted from the coronavirus main thread:

Harvey » Wed Aug 11, 2021 5:24 am wrote:
... without the ability to publish or discuss, the process of science will simply stop altogether.

What pisses me off is the constant, ever so slightly patrician inference that one has become a 'far-right' dickhead for referencing information which is largely, only available from right wing media or perceived 'far-right' platforms. What we used to call 'freedom of expression' is itself becoming a dirty word. That's a fucking mess of a situation, deliberately exploited through the Trump years and coming home to roost in Technicolor right now. Otherwise intelligent people are cheering each time the shrinking public space is further closed down.

Didn't you cheer when Parler was being attacked because 'bad man say bad thing' there?
Belligerent Savant

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion