What's going on?

Moderators: Elvis, DrVolin, Jeff

Re: What's going on?

Postby MacCruiskeen » Sun Oct 06, 2019 9:04 am

"Chump". Sic. Well, at least it shows self-awareness. Nomen est omen.

Back on-topic.
"Ich kann gar nicht so viel fressen, wie ich kotzen möchte." - Max Liebermann,, Berlin, 1933

"Science is the belief in the ignorance of experts." - Richard Feynman, NYC, 1966

TESTDEMIC ➝ "CASE"DEMIC
MacCruiskeen

Blog: View Blog (0)

Postby 82_28 » Sun Oct 06, 2019 9:27 am

You know what I am not going to do, Mac? You guessed it. Suspend or ban you. Raise your hands and ask yourself if you are here to hurt, troll or in approval to others doing so. I am a fucking moderator. I moderate only to make this place last, perhaps and not have others adversely affected. This has been a hell of a week and as mod I am a character that cannot part with the responsibilities of not being my true and usual foul mouthed yet sensitive to others self. I know it is tantalizing to be a dickhead online but end of the day I cannot allow dickheads to go on and moderate as such. To me a moderator must be fair. Maybe it's old fashioned to have common courtesy.
There is no me. There is no you. There is all. There is no you. There is no me. And that is all. A profound acceptance of an enormous pageantry. A haunting certainty that the unifying principle of this universe is love. -- Propagandhi
82_28

Postby RocketMan » Sun Oct 06, 2019 10:04 am

To pretend that one member of this board is not flooding the board with blatantly mainstream news articles / propaganda is just... well... denying reality. I don't understand why it cannot be said as a fact. Does someone have to carry out a statistical analysis? Is flooding not adverse to the general usefulness of the board? This dynamic reminds me of abusive family systems. Someone points out an abusive feature of someone's BEHAVIOUR, then that someone responds with "waah waah why is everybody being mean to me". SLAD has never once addressed their flooding behaviour, always choosing to deflect. It just smacks of gaslighting to me, dunno. :shrug:
-I don't like hoodlums.
-That's just a word, Marlowe. We have that kind of world. Two wars gave it to us and we are going to keep it.
RocketMan

Postby seemslikeadream » Sun Oct 06, 2019 10:11 am

I truly am very sorry you have had to spend so much time on this 82. I will do whatever I can do to see that your job here becomes less time-consuming and stressful. I would have thought that with Jeff coming by to express what he wanted (everything he thought was important was expressed in his post) that would be the end of this episode. For me he has made it very clear in simple terms reaffirming his rules that are already in place. Hopefully everyone can now move on.

I am also sorry that 2 members here after Jeff took the time to come by still will not abide by what he thought was important and are still questioning his decisions. It seems there is nothing even Jeff taking the time will stop this.
Last edited by seemslikeadream on Sun Oct 06, 2019 10:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
Mazars and Deutsche Bank could have ended this nightmare before it started.
They could still get him out of office.
But instead, they want mass death.
Don’t forget that.
seemslikeadream

Blog: View Blog (83)

Postby Belligerent Savant » Sun Oct 06, 2019 10:17 am

RocketMan » Sun Oct 06, 2019 9:04 am wrote:To pretend that one member of this board is not flooding the board with blatantly mainstream news articles / propaganda is just... well... denying reality. I don't understand why it cannot be said as a fact. Does someone have to carry out a statistical analysis? Is flooding not adverse to the general usefulness of the board? This dynamic reminds me of abusive family systems. Someone points out an abusive feature of someone's BEHAVIOUR, then that someone responds with "waah waah why is everybody being mean to me". SLAD has never once addressed their flooding behaviour, always choosing to deflect. It just smacks of gaslighting to me, dunno. :shrug:

^^^^^^^^

Precisely.

82: you speak of 'common courtesy'. Courtesy for fellow forum members is EXACTLY the core of the issue here.

In short: de facto board domination through continuous thread proliferation, flooding, outbursts, and constant rehashing of incoherent personal vendettas is NOT in any way a show of courtesy for fellow board members, and a number of us are simply tired of it and would rather be banned, or no longer contribute here, than continue to see it persist utterly unchecked.

There's a huge elephant in the room and you're insisting on ignoring it. Allowing a suspended member with similar /worse tactics (AD) back to the fold prematurely (without first consulting with another mod, apparently) exacerbated the issue.

Pasting Jack's content from page 1 again as a refresher:

JackRiddler » Sat Oct 05, 2019 2:30 pm wrote:
82_28 » Sat Oct 05, 2019 2:03 pm wrote:Hahaha. Nobody is getting banned and everyone is just fine but I cannot (as a "mod") allow such to go on as it was into the future. I hear it from all sides and I semi got Jeff's blessing as to handling it well. I kept him "up to speed". Like I said, as far as the penalty system in college football that you cannot target someone -- someone felt targeted.

Come on! How the fuck is that a standard? "Someone felt targeted" allows the abuser of the discourse to always claim that complaints about their abuses are "targeting" them "personally." It's bullshit on its face. It's designed to allow the flooding abuse to continue ad infinitum by making any discussion about it IMPOSSIBLE since someone can authentically (or as a lying sack of shit) claim to have been "targeted" "personally." Either the abuse of the discourse is happening or it's not.

If you're going to lock this thread I demand that you and Elvis have a further discussion about banning me. (All I care about is that you be nice enough to make it a no-post ban, so I can still log in and search through my own archived posts. If you would be so kind - I already asked Jeff that this be the case.)

I am seriously trying to just maintain a comfortable flow. It is not about my mood but it is about all being welcome.

No. All forms of action should not be welcome.

I would like this board to just get back to discussion on fascinating happenings

I find it is a fascinating happening to outline the contradictory views of the world that certain adherents of the State Department's political line are attempting to represent here (this may be unavoidable). That is what I did above in the OP.

But they are also trying to force this political line through here as hegemonic, by the means of flooding. (This is something YOU can control. It is YOUR decision how you control it.)

What does one do when one considers both friends and shit like this happens? You break it up just like a hockey game and then you shake hands at the end. That's what I did.

We are not friends. We are interlocutors on a message board. Maybe if we meet, we might be friends.

I am not "shaking hands." I do not know these people. I know them only as interlocutors on a message board, and what they do is not a hockey game. They are driving an icecracker on the ice and vandalizing the rink. They have made it their mission, whether it's a personal compulsion or an assigned job, to post here permanently and constantly along the exact same lines ad infinitum.

It's pixels where you are free to skip whatever you want to skip and/or post.

If you can even find it through all the thread-proliferating, flooding, and forced scrolling.

It is also turning this place into a closed-club for adherents of the State Department pro-imperialist political line.

We don't have to live "with each other." We could always make the place more open to others who might eventually happen on it. We could do that by prominently offering something OTHER THAN THE CORPORATE MEDIA AND STATE-DEPARTMENT FAKE-WOKE-ANARCHIST PROPAGANDA that people can get EVERWHERE ELSE.

The flooding, thread-proliferation, endless copy-pasting of the same old shit by both, the easily-triggered reflexive finger-wagging and thought-policing of the one and the fake emotional blackmail moves of the other are making that imposssible. That's on you. Limit them or limit me. Hell, it's easier to limit me, I'm not going to wage a seventeen-month campaign to restore my "right" to turn this board into my private storehouse of boring sub-intellectual bullshit or the fourteenth-wave version of the #Russiagate propaganda op.

If you lock this thread, I demand you consult with Elvis on banning me. Long as it is a group decision, I'm fine with it.

Last edited by Belligerent Savant on Sun Oct 06, 2019 10:30 am, edited 2 times in total.
Belligerent Savant

Postby seemslikeadream » Sun Oct 06, 2019 10:18 am

unreal it is like Jeff, the owner of this board never came here yesterday, I am not sure what else he can do to maintain order on this board. They are ignoring the owner of this board, truly the mosts disrespectful thing they can do, they do not respect Jeff they do not respect you they do not respect the other members here, unbelievable disruption continues
Last edited by seemslikeadream on Sun Oct 06, 2019 10:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
Don’t forget that.
seemslikeadream

Postby RocketMan » Sun Oct 06, 2019 10:22 am

seemslikeadream » Sun Oct 06, 2019 5:18 pm wrote:unreal it is like Jeff, the owner of this board never came here yesterday, I am not sure what else he can do to maintain order on this board. They are ignoring the owner of this board, truly the mosts disrespectful thing they can do

Jeff expressed a wish that flooding not be done. Why are you flooding the board?
-I don't like hoodlums.
-That's just a word, Marlowe. We have that kind of world. Two wars gave it to us and we are going to keep it.
RocketMan

Postby seemslikeadream » Sun Oct 06, 2019 10:24 am

I am not going to reply to you ever again after this, I am going to respect Jeff the owner of this board and his wishes something you apparently are not willing to do...keep up the disruption it is on you it seems you will not even listen to Jeff. I read his statement and will abide by every single word in the future. It would be helpful if you could do the same and give the mods a break. Jeff's words were very clear and simple to understand, we should be moving forward and not continuing to argue the past

Jeff's statement should have ended this whole episode that is what he THE OWNER OF THIS BOARD wanted, it is a shame that him taking the time to come here to explain everyone is welcome here is being ignored not even 12 hours after he posted, the ultimate in disrespect to him.

I will not be discussing this any further with anyone else period I will not participate in any more disruption ...this is over for me Jeff has spoken

this is it no more no less, Jeff posted what he wanted and EVERYONE should abide by his wishes, this discussion should have ended at 6:18pm yesterday, it has ended for me right now.

Jeff » Sat Oct 05, 2019 6:18 pm wrote:There's no way this won't sound anodyne, but isn't the board big enough for everyone?

I won't pretend to be up to speed on all of the disagreements here, but maybe that's good. The issues are maybe irrelevant to my point, which is that you don't all need to be pals, but maybe you do need to give each other some space.

I don't want anybody banned or the board to be heavily moderated. In return, all I'd like is some basic, online courtesy. Like not flooding someone's thread, or driving discussion off topic, or making vicious personal attacks. That kind of stuff.

Jeff out.
Don’t forget that.
seemslikeadream

Postby MacCruiskeen » Sun Oct 06, 2019 10:47 am

82_28 » Sun Oct 06, 2019 8:27 am wrote:You know what I am not going to do, Mac? You guessed it. Suspend or ban you. Raise your hands and ask yourself if you are here to hurt, troll or in approval to others doing so. I am a fucking moderator. I moderate only to make this place last, perhaps and not have others adversely affected. This has been a hell of a week and as mod I am a character that cannot part with the responsibilities of not being my true and usual foul mouthed yet sensitive to others self. I know it is tantalizing to be a dickhead online but end of the day I cannot allow dickheads to go on and moderate as such. To me a moderator must be fair. Maybe it's old fashioned to have common courtesy.

What? What does that purport to be a reply to? This?

MacCruiskeen » Sun Oct 06, 2019 6:49 am wrote:

Post by MacCruiskeen » Sun Oct 06, 2019 6:31 am

Well, by damn. After hour upon hour upon hour of blatant dishonesty and prevarication by the guy behind the moniker "82_28", we finally learn the truth (and of course not from him, but from an honest man):

Elvis » Sat Oct 05, 2019 9:17 pm wrote:I've been busy and away, and checked in about an hour ago.

No one consulted with me on decisions made the last two days. I am as surprised as anyone.

If 82_28 will have the courtesy to reply to my PM, maybe I'll learn what happened.

Emphasis added, and no apologies for the size, the bolding or the colour. If anything deserves to be made unignorable, this does

NB: That is the second time in nine months that 82_28 has pulled the exact same despicable stunt on his co-moderator and alleged friend, Elvis.

The name "Rigorous Intuition" has become a very sick joke. It is now a dismally depleted Safe Space for liars and sneaks, a place where anyone noticing the most obvious truths will be called a bully or (even more absurdly) a censor.

Someone wants it to be this way.

Why are you even mentioning banning or suspension, 82_28? Is it now actually forbidden to notice truths, to name them, to characterise people's behaviour accurately, or to quote a moderator telling the truth?

Or are you actually going to accuse Elvis of lying about all this? Surely not.

Elvis wrote: If 82_28 will have the courtesy to reply to my PM, maybe I'll learn what happened.

That's a big "if".

Meanwhile, Elvis is still moderator. That hasn't (yet) changed, thank God, and let's hope it doesn't, because he is a very good mod and he has kept this place alive for the last nine months. The future of RI is gonna be grim indeed if Elvis is forced out of here for the second time since last December by the same alleged colleague and false "friend" pulling the exact same dirty trick behind his back.

edit: formatting
Last edited by MacCruiskeen on Sun Oct 06, 2019 3:41 pm, edited 6 times in total.
"Ich kann gar nicht so viel fressen, wie ich kotzen möchte." - Max Liebermann,, Berlin, 1933

"Science is the belief in the ignorance of experts." - Richard Feynman, NYC, 1966

TESTDEMIC ➝ "CASE"DEMIC
MacCruiskeen

Postby Belligerent Savant » Sun Oct 06, 2019 10:48 am

seemslikeadream » Sun Oct 06, 2019 9:24 am wrote:I am not going to reply to you ever again after this, I am going to respect Jeff the owner of this board and his wishes something you apparently are not willing to do...keep up the disruption it is on you it seems you will not even listen to Jeff. I read his statement and will abide by every single word in the future. It would be helpful if you could do the same and give the mods a break. Jeff's words were very clear and simple to understand, we should be moving forward and not continuing to argue the past

Jeff's statement should have ended this whole episode that is what he THE OWNER OF THIS BOARD wanted, it is a shame that him taking the time to come here to explain everyone is welcome here is being ignored not even 12 hours after he posted, the ultimate in disrespect to him.

I will not be discussing this any further with anyone else period I will not participate in any more disruption ...this is over for me Jeff has spoken

this is it no more no less, Jeff posted what he wanted and EVERYONE should abide by his wishes, this discussion should have ended at 6:18pm yesterday, it has ended for me right now.

Deflecting again, per usual. Treating Jeff's words as if he came down from the parted heavens and imparted upon us, mere mortals, brief words of advice before returning to his glory up above.

We can all be so grateful to have witnessed such an event, Thanks Be To Jeff.

Jeff's brief words of wisdom also included an indication to dispense with thread flooding. You are by far the most egregious actor of that particular tactic (along with the newly resurfaced AD, of course).

Are you now willing to acknowledge this, and make clear to this board that you will take great care to curb this activity?

Or perhaps you'll continue to deflect.
Belligerent Savant

Postby seemslikeadream » Sun Oct 06, 2019 10:52 am

I will not and not obligated to answer to you ever again. This episode is over for me. This is not up for discussion.
Jeff's wishes will be respected by me, I have already said that a number of times.

so odd what parts of Jeff's statement are being chosen to be ignored, I will not ignore anything he said moving forward
Don’t forget that.
seemslikeadream

Postby Belligerent Savant » Sun Oct 06, 2019 11:07 am

There have been zero 'personal attacks' issued here.

Zero.

Instead, there have been numerous grievances aired in an effort to re-establish a baseline that allows for some measure of fruitful discourse among members Re: topics of discussion.

Signing off now to avoid repeating the same refrains.
Belligerent Savant

Postby 82_28 » Sun Oct 06, 2019 11:26 am

Last night I was with my mom and she really likes to go on and on and on about everything -- very tiring -- she still sends me snippets she has cut out via snail mail that I have already read online. The doctor I referred her to in the city apparently said he won't see her no more because she is really a bear for details. She was disowned by my entire family except for me long ago. I lend an ear. We used to fight tooth and nail when I was younger but now it is more "what's the point"? It's amazing what happens when you come to the juncture in the road of what is nice and what is mean or what is accusatory/psychologically intimidating and what is just living and let live. I understand that people are short on time but yet paradoxically have a lot of it in order to express their own frustrations at something so inconsequential. I view it as everyone has a frustration or two and sometimes wants to vent or share or what have you. Again, I don't understand why people have problems with nothing at all. People just like to get irritated it seems and when someone else responds in his or her own way some begin to begin to "attack" in order to justify an ingrained prejudice which grows if you let it.

There really is no problem and if someone posts a shit ton of shit we'll never read or may read it is not being done out of avarice but the reactions are. I think we all know who is in question but none of us can begrudge someone of an honest existence. This is not football and any one of us should not feel they are on defense and be made to be so.
There is no me. There is no you. There is all. There is no you. There is no me. And that is all. A profound acceptance of an enormous pageantry. A haunting certainty that the unifying principle of this universe is love. -- Propagandhi
82_28

Postby NeonLX » Sun Oct 06, 2019 11:37 am

Holy Cannoli. What have I stepped into? I'm violating my own adage of "if you don't like something, simply scroll past." But good lard, WTF is going on here? I'd be happy to share some weed or shrooms with y'all in order to help chill the place. I know I ceased being a regular here awhile back and even when I did drop in, I was the village idiot, but DAMN...this shit is all crazy and shit.

I bid you peace. Please partake of it, my friends.
America is a fucked society because there is no room for essential human dignity. Its all about what you have, not who you are.--Joe Hillshoist
NeonLX

Blog: View Blog (1)

Postby overcoming hope » Sun Oct 06, 2019 11:44 am

Maybe we should have a roast thread? I'm not serious, but I do have a joke for it, "you post like someone took 6 Daily Kos regulars and left them in a room with 12 laptops and a briefcase of cocaine.." just a joke, just a joke! A joke!!! Just to clarify I am not wishing death upon anyone or gloating about any terrible misfortune in any persons life. Again to clarify I don't want to drive scalding hot needles into anyones eyeballs and i don't want to torture anyones firstborn in front of them while kicking you in the genitals. To clarify I don't want to slice open your chest rip out your heart with my bare hands and then pour lemon juice on the wound while insulting your ancestors. No, I don't want to cause any pain or suffering, but I did think I had a funny joke.
overcoming hope

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion