Postby coffin_dodger » Thu Dec 26, 2019 9:14 pm

Like an asshole, like an idiot.

It's a terrifying realisation when it dawns, isn't it? :rofl2
coffin_dodger

Blog: View Blog (14)

Re: "Hellier" - recommended documentary series

Postby PufPuf93 » Fri Dec 27, 2019 12:44 am

cptmarginal » Sat Dec 07, 2019 6:29 pm wrote:
I'd love to see the show evolve into a much more explicit gateway drug for Keel's work, rather than reality TV for paranormal convention fandom. And you know, there really is a Mothman "fandom," which has always struck me as rather perverse -- but far less so than fetishizing the howling void of UFO/UAP phenomena as cute Little Green Men merch and grey alien throw pillows.

There exists a Cosmic Coincidence Control Center (CCCC) with a Galactic substation called Galactic Coincidence Control (GCC). Within GCC is the Solar System Control Unit (SSCU), within which is the Earth Coincidence Control Office (ECCO). [...] Remember the motto passed to us (from G.C.C. via S.S.C.U.): "Cosmic Love is absolutely Ruthless and Highly Indifferent: it teaches its lessons whether you like/dislike them or not."

The festival should get Samantha Fish for entertainment (sometimes she jams space music ala Zappa).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CUJlNxdQxU8

PufPuf93

Blog: View Blog (0)

Postby Agent Orange Cooper » Fri Dec 27, 2019 4:01 pm

Wombaticus Rex » Thu Dec 26, 2019 6:44 pm wrote:Ah, so you agree it's a remarkably accurate depiction of the field.

Tee hee.

Wombaticus Rex » Thu Dec 26, 2019 6:44 pm wrote:Skip to S2E7 - "The Trickster." It's basically an interview in a hotel room with Allan Greenfield, who may not be the architect of all this -- although someone very clearly games them with a Sapphire Star prank in the aftermath -- but his work is certainly the source material.

This was good advice, unfortunately seen too late - I finished the whole thing last night. It was the moment when they showed the video of the mysterious balloon that was sent to them by some rando when I definitively said out loud, "OK, they're just making this shit up." I said it again when they found the Blue Star balloon. I would have said it earlier, but like, what was even there for them to make up, up until that point? Methinks the whole thing would have been a lot more compelling had they been making stuff up from the start.

Wombaticus Rex » Thu Dec 26, 2019 6:44 pm wrote:What is being created here is a mythic complex, no different than the project Tom DeLonge is engaged with through his To The Stars Academy work -- which is being facilitated by spook nerd Peter Levenda, who is Suspect No. 1 here in Hellier, too. I suspect Levenda will see more long-term success from this smaller, lower-budget initiative.

Is there anything concrete behind that suspicion, or is it just a suspicion? It's hard to imagine bookish PL as full-on puppet master, planting balloons in the wilderness for a dopey Youtube series.
Agent Orange Cooper

Postby elfismiles » Sat Dec 28, 2019 4:22 pm

JEL Tenney talking about Hellier (he was the guy on the phone at 3:30am in season 1)

Yelling at Anomalies in the Dark | Special guest John E. L. Tenney
https://youtu.be/8TCyU49XgEw?t=1238
elfismiles

Blog: View Blog (4)

Postby guruilla » Tue Dec 31, 2019 6:34 pm

Agent Orange Cooper » Tue Dec 24, 2019 1:10 am wrote:I finished up the first season of this and was shocked at how little substance it actually contains. The initial email about the goblins was compelling but after that it just becomes an exercise in narcissism. Boring conversations lead to self-fulfilling prophecies, or more often unfulfilled. Literally nothing interesting happens, let alone anything paranormal, yet we are expected to think these people are like, scouring the dizzying heights of the mystery in the wake of Keel.

That about sums up my experience too, tho I only suffered through the first three ep's, then jumped to the Greenfield ep in s02 as per Wombat's suggestion (& guess what, AG comes off as a raging narcissist!)

That said, I am not sorry I watched what I did, painful as it was, because the show def. has anthropological value. Combined with its success, it is a sobering demonstration of the sort of soul-dead desperation driving wanna-be-occultist/abductees into a never-ending loop of self-generated "evidence" of their own epic lives & chosen-ness (what's that about vanity & greed being the devil's favorite vices?). Bolstered by the Necronomicon-spawned "sub-"culture of (literally) masturbatory self-realization magick, like good host bodies, they are now participating in creating a whole new "sub-"genre of "grass-roots" propaganda, not just for the masses but by them too. O Ye Olde Ones, how far have we fallen?

Worst of all, Hellier being such a hit no doubt validates (in their own minds) all the balloon-hunting idiocy and confirms that they have, indeed, connected to the limp wrist of The Third Order (success is thy proof), becoming Fortean bellwethers whose task is now to lure more hapless thralls onto Satan's smorgasbord. Greenfield kind of says it all, when he's asked if he think what they are doing is a good idea or not: "Just keep doing it until you start noticing the deleterious effects on your body & psyche. Then, once it's too late: just try and stop!" (*evil laughter* ~ yes I'm paraphrasing.)
It is a lot easier to fool people than show them how they have been fooled.
guruilla

Postby elfismiles » Thu Jan 02, 2020 11:07 am

T Allen Greenfield wrote 10 hrs ago ·

Portal Closing Spell: You May Need It -

Portal closing is something that we should all know how to do. Here is a brief explanation of how to do it. A depiction of a portal, as in a doorway or a mirror. Doorways, closets, and mirrors are common places for portals to open up. For many of us, we have come across portals throughout our days. Some of these portals were in our homes growing up. Some of them are in the homes we currently live in. Some are even in homes that we have visited either in the past or in the present. Some of these portals were opened while conjuring using such devices as Ouija boards, or calling upon entities for our spells and rituals, and some are unknown why they are there. Wherever the portal may be, and regardless of how it was opened, if it is somewhere where it needs to be closed, there is a way to do it. This is a basic spell for closing a portal. Whenever possible, you should be in front of the portal while performing a portal closing spell. If it is not possible, then you should use an image that represents the portal. Treat the image as if it were the portal itself. This image can be a hand-drawing, or an actual photo of the location of the portal. You can also use an object that represents the portal; a small box, or some glued together popsicle sticks. It doesn’t really matter what you use to represent the portal in absence of being in front of the actual portal itself as long as what you use you treat as if it is the portal itself. If using a representation of the portal, make sure it is something that can be burned. This will help to seal the portal when you are finished. Salt. You will need salt. Stand in a circle of salt to perform ritual. You will also need the salt for throwing at the portal (or representation of the portal) during appropriate times in the spell. Such as when you are commanding it cleansed and closed, etc. Candles. Candles should be lining your circle as well as a path to the portal. This is your path of energy that may not be penetrated by any other entity that you have not chosen to pass through. Candles will be lit upon casing your circle. Use whichever colors you are drawn to for this; go with what feels right. Incense is recommended. Something that suits banishing, and or calming. If you are unsure what to use, just use what feels right at the time. If you don’t have incense, don’t worry about it, just leave it out. It’s to set your mood and your mindset for the ritual and casting. A lot of people will recommend sage for a cleansing. If you wish, do so, if not, leave it out. It’s a method that works for some, but it not necessary for all. You are going to want to call upon all of the elements for this as well as whichever Gods or Goddesses that you work with. Again, not necessary, but it is method, and channels the necessary power for your mind to work the spell. Go with your beliefs because it is your beliefs that will help you. These will be called when casting your circle. I DO NOT recommend crystals for this because whatever is through that portal may attach itself to the crystals. If you are banishing negative entities, you should never ever use crystals or stones as the entity can be trapped within the stone or crystal; that can be very dangerous for anyone in possession of that stone or crystal if that should happen. So take off any jewelry that contains crystals and stones and remove them from the area before casting. Use anything else that feels right. (Like herbs and stuff.) You will want to write the spell ahead of time, making sure to use phrases such as “Away”, and “I command you”, and “I order you closed”, etc. Pick your own words that fit, but make sure they are commands that cannot be overpowered. Write it in a way that is easy to recite, and your intent is clear. You will need to recite your chant multiple times as you cast, and as you bind and throw your salt. Remain in control no matter what happens. (Strange stuff might happen, so beware.) Don’t be surprised if stuff starts flying around the room or you hear strange noises. Make it known that only YOU have the power to open this portal and use it and it will remain closed until such time as you see fit to open it, if ever. If demons or negative entities are involved: Target the banishment of any demons in the spell so that they can never come through even if it is opened again. Also, if you have specific negative entities or demons that you are dealing with alongside this portal, you may want to bind them before banishing them. Use their name (if they have given you one); you always want to use their name when banishing them if you can. While doing so, do not show any fear, these types of entities feed on your fear. Your fear gives them power; so no fear means no power for them and all the power for you. If there are no entities involved in the closing of the portal that need to be dealt with, then you can leave out the above step. Once you have gone through the ritual (as many times in a row as needed), you should feel the portal close. If using a representation of the portal, this is the time to burn it. Speak words of the closing and “never to open again” or “you are now sealed forever”, etc. to close the portal once and for all. Dispose of the ashes. Sweep up the salt and dispose of it. I suggest spreading the cast sat outside as if it is ashes to disperse the energy that has been “cleansed”. You can say a little something as you dispose of it to ensure that whatever is contained within it is all gone. If you have any questions or wish to discuss this spell further, please visit Unhypnotize.com’s Portal Closing Spell in the Wicca/Witchcraft area. Thank you, and good luck with your portal closing.

https://wakeup.unhypnotize.com/portals-gateways-worlds/

https://www.facebook.com/allengreenfiel ... 0039549653

[May need application to Internet Forums as well.]
elfismiles

Postby elfismiles » Sat Sep 19, 2020 8:11 pm

[quote="[url=http://www.rigorousintuition.ca/board2/viewtopic.php?p=682263#p682263]Wombaticus Rex » 22 Dec 2019 00:11[/url]"]A pity it's too late to edit the OP -- [b]they repeatedly show hypnotic inductions and even do an evocation of pan in the S2 season finale[/b]. Definitely keep the mute button handy, or have fun taking risks.

S2 does little to dispel the notion these people are either reckless or malicious, but I'm still glad I watched it. It's at least more polyglot and informative than any of the other pop occultism product I've seen this decade, and they're not insufferable pricks like Satanists are.[/quote]

Watching PHENOMENACON-2 and sensing syncs with pan / rituals and ... here we are in the PANfemic
elfismiles

Previous

Return to General Discussion