HEAD'S UP!

Moderators: Elvis, DrVolin, Jeff

HEAD'S UP!

Postby 82_28 » Wed Jan 22, 2020 9:24 am

82_28.png

82_28 I only use here and here alone but I got this email yesterday. I also do not utilize instagram whatsoever. I do nothing social media wise on my phone. Thus you are all being watched. This shit came from Ukraine as per the message.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
There is no me. There is no you. There is all. There is no you. There is no me. And that is all. A profound acceptance of an enormous pageantry. A haunting certainty that the unifying principle of this universe is love. -- Propagandhi
82_28

Blog: View Blog (0)

Re: HEAD'S UP!

Postby 82_28 » Wed Jan 22, 2020 9:36 am

I don't mean being watched watched at all. But thinking on it further the only way an entity could loop my handle here to my email address to a nonexistent account means I suppose this shit got hacked. Anyone got something similar?
There is no me. There is no you. There is all. There is no you. There is no me. And that is all. A profound acceptance of an enormous pageantry. A haunting certainty that the unifying principle of this universe is love. -- Propagandhi
82_28

Postby Wombaticus Rex » Wed Jan 22, 2020 3:13 pm

In the interest of reducing the paranoia inherent to a community of conspiracy theorists -- how exactly does your ID getting compromised via email and Instragram mean that everyone here is compromised?
Wombaticus Rex

Postby 82_28 » Wed Jan 22, 2020 5:02 pm

Because "82_28" is only used here. I ain't logged on here in months and I do not have an instagram account and never have.
82_28

Postby Laodicean » Wed Jan 22, 2020 5:55 pm

Wombaticus Rex » Wed Jan 22, 2020 8:13 pm wrote:In the interest of reducing the paranoia inherent to a community of conspiracy theorists -- how exactly does your ID getting compromised via email and Instragram mean that everyone here is compromised?

:rofl2
Laodicean

Blog: View Blog (16)

Postby Wombaticus Rex » Wed Jan 22, 2020 6:33 pm

There is a "Laodicean" account on Instagram, but I'm not finding any 82_28 accounts there.

Consider the possibility that 1) there is no such Instagram account, 2) RI isn't any more inherently compromised than it was five years ago, and 3) you're being phished by someone other than Instagram.

https://www.bleepingcomputer.com/news/s ... ing-baits/
Wombaticus Rex

Postby JackRiddler » Wed Jan 22, 2020 6:33 pm

I don't get it either.

As with everywhere else on the Internet, everyone here is scraped and pinned to any other data that seems to match, by literally hundreds or thousands of outfits that seek to phish and spam. So what do you think this case means?
We meet at the borders of our being, we dream something of each others reality. - Harvey of R.I.

To Justice my maker from on high did incline:
I am by virtue of its might divine,
The highest Wisdom and the first Love.

TopSecret WallSt. Iraq & more
JackRiddler

Postby 82_28 » Wed Jan 22, 2020 6:54 pm

Wombaticus Rex » Wed Jan 22, 2020 11:13 am wrote:In the interest of reducing the paranoia inherent to a community of conspiracy theorists -- how exactly does your ID getting compromised via email and Instragram mean that everyone here is compromised?

Also it was only a "heads up". I wondered when my chance would come to come back and post. To see that in my inbox was startling. Thought I would share.
82_28

Postby Laodicean » Wed Jan 22, 2020 7:50 pm

3) you're being phished by someone other than Instagram.

fuck me. :doh:
Laodicean

Blog: View Blog (16)

Postby Grizzly » Wed Jan 22, 2020 8:28 pm

Interesting, that I've been buying from Amazon for years, (I buy local too, so sue me) but just yesterday Amazon tried to get me to tie my personal phone number with them, which has NEVER happened before. They went out of their way, to add extra steps code, etc to try to get me to do it. I WOULDN'T, and if they keep playing hide & seek to much more, I'll quit buying from them all together. I've often said, fuck them and they lost my business several times, as I complained about buying Chinese knock off's of certain things I use. Fortunately, those times I complained and gotten some customer service, and had my money returned. But lately, they've stopped giving credit or extra percentage off etc... I spent way to much time yesterday, trying to unsubscribe to their IMDb Holyweird, shit. That I didn't sign up for. But gave up, as it became to time consuming to hunt down how to unsubscribe. But, I'll probably try agian, next time I get an unsolicited IMDb Holyweird e-mail, again. Their bottom of the page unsub, don'y work, and I was pissed about that....

I believe half the time we are dealing with simi-AI bots, instead of plain al gore rhythms.... The machine has ways of tying all machines together.
“The more we do to you, the less you seem to believe we are doing it.”

― Joseph mengele
Grizzly

Postby 82_28 » Wed Jan 22, 2020 8:33 pm

Again, to reiterate, there is absolutely no reason for me to get that other than here. I do not use "82_28" on any other site. I have no instagram account. My FB account is basically fake. Of course I didn't click on that shit. But to see that was startling as stated. A handle of 82_28 and my email address can only be connected through here. Other than IRL people who I do trust that was a shock.
82_28

Postby 82_28 » Thu Jan 23, 2020 10:18 am

Wombaticus Rex » Wed Jan 22, 2020 2:33 pm wrote:There is a "Laodicean" account on Instagram, but I'm not finding any 82_28 accounts there.

Consider the possibility that 1) there is no such Instagram account, 2) RI isn't any more inherently compromised than it was five years ago, and 3) you're being phished by someone other than Instagram.

https://www.bleepingcomputer.com/news/s ... ing-baits/

Yah, I got that even though I am behind a "secure" Linux machine. Well as secure as pedestrianly possible. I am not upset nor scared and also do not want to foment that in others but the only vector had to have been from here.

I stream sports games from various pirate sites once in awhile. Though I do have my mom running Linux, I said hell no when my dad asked me to show her how to stream shit. It would freak her out. Getting an email like that would freak most people out. These AI scrapers and the necessary databases are pretty damn good.
82_28

Postby thrulookingglass » Thu Jan 23, 2020 5:18 pm

Let's drink a little truth serum. The data and communications networks are 'owned' by shell corporations which are actually false store fronts functioning as tools of the nation/state who's soul purpose is to monitor the very lines that you believe some invisible "ethical" watchdog committee has power over to make sure no one's personal information is compromised. This happens the world over. Knowledge is power. To quell rebellion before one could arise the first measure of order is to maintain authority over the populace by any means necessary. These (complete clandestined custody of information/data) are the occulted mechanisms that help maintain the current nationalist/fascist/militarist agenda. And If I know something and you don't, welcome to the great fuck over. The various militaries of the world now run it. Through force, subterfuge and indoctrination the populace of the world has been seized. No clever password, VPN, or alternative data service provider can prevent what was tacitly built into the electronic communications industry. The original need to telegraph or broadcast information from point to point was born of warfare. Its the same as the PROMIS software deal, always make sure there's a back door.

“The government's been in bed with the entire telecommunications industry since the forties. They've infected everything. They get into your bank statements, computer files, email, listen to your phone calls... Every wire, every airwave. The more technology used, the easier it is for them to keep tabs on you. It's a brave new world out there. At least it'd better be.” - Brill, Enemy of the State

Our new prophets are Orwell, Huxley, and Sinclair. Send your prayers to an AI who can learn ethics, because humans suck at it.
thrulookingglass

Postby Harvey » Thu Jan 23, 2020 8:00 pm

Small point: of the main uses we see surveillance technology put to throughout the whole of the film Snowden one is essentially industrial espionage and another is perving out on peripheral subjects of industrial espionage. The campaign against Blackberry (expressly to break their encyryption) occurred around the same time (as events, not the film) and was one of few easily available phones with end to end encryption. I remember they were used by virtually everyone I encountered in the games industry for that reason. I'm sure there are defences but most 'smart phones' are a consumer panopticon masquerading as a commodity.
And while we spoke of many things, fools and kings
This he said to me
"The greatest thing
You'll ever learn
Is just to love
And be loved
In return"

Eden Ahbez
Harvey

Blog: View Blog (20)

Return to General Discussion