Coronavirus Crisis: Main Thread

Moderators: Elvis, DrVolin, Jeff

Re: Coronavirus Crisis: Main Thread

Postby Joe Hillshoist » Wed Aug 12, 2020 7:05 am

lucky » 12 Aug 2020 18:42 wrote:@Joe - I was goin to ask what you thought of Max Igan, but after reading your post I think I can guess !

I dunno who he is actually. I've got three kids these days. Don't have much time for videos. (I did just look him up.). Don't get me wrong ... There are serious issues with these lockdowns. My mum is in Melbourne. I was talking to her today. It sucks but she us 75 and vulnerable. But at the same time I see why this is happening. It's an emergency. The emergency will pass and we will get back to our lives. Most of Australia has. We were in various forms of lickdown. Most have passed, probably temporarily.

To me, here it's a balance. At some point we won't need to do this and it will be back to rebuilding something out of the mess that is left. In the meantime...

Plenty of people love this shit, get off on being in lockdown, like they are kids having some exciting new experience. It's seriously fucked up. Mind control see. Create celebrity culture, merge it with mass death culture and people who will never be celebrities at least get their fifteen minutes of modern life by being victims in some lockdown. Others are genuinely scared. I don't want this thing in my body. It's fucked. So I understand why people are scared. Most don't really get how it works .. The bio ... mechanics (not traditional biomechanics) and bio chemistry of it. I know enough to want it well away from me.

My main issue with that fella in that post was that he has basic facts about things wrong. He us happy to use stuff that is incorrect to push his agenda. But he can't be fucked getting his facts right in the first place. People who will say anything to sell ideas, behaviours or products shit me. If you want me to believe you don't pretend our lockdown didn't stop the spread of the virus months ago cos it makes your article appear stronger.

Once he's done that he's fair game.

Does that Max guy gave anything other than videos? If I can't read it I don't trust it. (If I can read it I'm not much different to be honest.)
Joe Hillshoist

Blog: View Blog (0)

Postby Joe Hillshoist » Wed Aug 12, 2020 7:17 am

Lickdown... Lol
Joe Hillshoist

Postby SonicG » Wed Aug 12, 2020 10:43 am

Yeah, if we can post fairly pure propaganda...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3mLxDWl0i_c&t=237s

Sorry about the vid Joe but google Vietnam examplar covid
Here is the gist:

"a poiminint tidal wave in a notion of dynamite"
SonicG

Postby Gnomad » Wed Aug 12, 2020 2:56 pm

Just one thing about masks....

I for one think it is great that now we can get masked again!
Previously laws were passed in many places banning being masked in public. This also here in Finland, masking yourself to cover your identity in demonstrations and so on was made illegal. Well, not anymore. Now you can mask all you want.

Put on a hoodie and sunglasses on top of that, and you are good to go.
la nuit de tous approche
Gnomad

Postby Elvis » Wed Aug 12, 2020 9:16 pm

SonicG wrote:Yeah, if we can post fairly pure propaganda...

I love it! She's adorable. She raises the point that Vietnam knows how to repel an invader, whereas the US has never really been invaded, so it doesn't know what to do and can't even follow its own plans for the eventuality. Americans are *special*!
“The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists.” ― Joan Robinson
Elvis

Postby chump » Wed Aug 12, 2020 11:38 pm

Joe Hillshoist » Wed Aug 12, 2020 6:05 am wrote: ...I've got three kids these days. Don't have much time for videos...

How do you feel about vaccinations?
chump

Postby Joe Hillshoist » Thu Aug 13, 2020 5:13 am

chump » 13 Aug 2020 13:38 wrote:
Joe Hillshoist » Wed Aug 12, 2020 6:05 am wrote: ...I've got three kids these days. Don't have much time for videos...

That is a loaded question.

I think all medical procedures entail risk. On the balance of risks between vaccines and not having vaccines I would tend on the side of vaccinations. I have a scar from a smallpox vaccination and like most Australian kids my age grew up reading Alan Marshall - I can jump puddles and its sequels. It's the story of a kid growing up in rural Victoria in the decade before ww1 who gets polio and is disabled by it. It's his autobiography and it's an amazing tale of courage and resilience. My brother is five years younger than me. He doesn't have that smallpox scar because when he was old enough to first travel to Fiji to dads home smallpox had been eradicated and vaccines played a role in that that is significant.

Vaccines have done a lot of good in the world and as far as I'm concerned people who don't recognise are intellectual minnows.

But I know corporate medicine is a very dodgy business. I know of significant bad practises, especially in developing countries, but also in the West. It's possible to make a flu vaccine that lasts for years. There are proteins that can be targeted that don't mutate, at least not anywhere near the rate of the target sites in modern flu vaccines. I don't take flu vaccines. I almost started after the 2017 flu because it's one of the few times in my life I've felt a flu or cold - a commonly transmissible disease - could kill me. But I didn't.

My kids are vaccinated.

The eldest one has ADHD and probably some form of autism or ASD.

Come at me. :rofl2
Joe Hillshoist

Postby Joe Hillshoist » Thu Aug 13, 2020 5:42 am

SonicG » 13 Aug 2020 00:43 wrote:Yeah, if we can post fairly pure propaganda...

Sorry about the vid Joe but google Vietnam examplar covid
Here is the gist:

Thanks mate. On ya Vietnam.
Joe Hillshoist

Postby chump » Fri Aug 14, 2020 7:07 am

Joe Hillshoist » Thu Aug 13, 2020 4:13 am wrote:

[...]

My kids are vaccinated.

Come at me? Sounds like a hostile, Aussie expression.

I simply asked, and you distinctly answered my 'loaded question'. I'm not a professional and certainly won't force my considered 'opinion' on such an important personal decision.
chump

Postby Iamwhomiam » Fri Aug 14, 2020 9:47 pm

More like a defensive Aussie expression, really.
Iamwhomiam

Postby Joe Hillshoist » Sat Aug 15, 2020 6:29 am

chump » 14 Aug 2020 21:07 wrote:
Joe Hillshoist » Thu Aug 13, 2020 4:13 am wrote:

[...]

My kids are vaccinated.

Come at me? Sounds like a hostile, Aussie expression.

I simply asked, and you distinctly answered my 'loaded question'. I'm not a professional and certainly won't force my considered 'opinion' on such an important personal decision.

Not a fan of the Mighty Boosch?
Joe Hillshoist

Postby norton ash » Sat Aug 15, 2020 11:27 am

"Come at me" is generally a joke appended to a forthright personal statement that people might disagree with. I use it all the time... the last time was "Stereophonics are good. Come at me."
Zen horse
norton ash

Postby chump » Sat Aug 15, 2020 12:13 pm

I don't have much time for The Mighty Boosh... unless you highly recommend it.
chump

Postby Iamwhomiam » Sat Aug 15, 2020 7:53 pm

Joe Hillshoist wrote:
lucky » 12 Aug 2020 18:42 wrote:@Joe - I was goin to ask what you thought of Max Igan, but after reading your post I think I can guess !

I dunno who he is actually. I've got three kids these days. Don't have much time for videos. (I did just look him up.). Don't get me wrong ... There are serious issues with these lockdowns. My mum is in Melbourne. I was talking to her today. It sucks but she us 75 and vulnerable. But at the same time I see why this is happening. It's an emergency. The emergency will pass and we will get back to our lives. Most of Australia has. We were in various forms of lickdown. Most have passed, probably temporarily.

To me, here it's a balance. At some point we won't need to do this and it will be back to rebuilding something out of the mess that is left. In the meantime...

Plenty of people love this shit, get off on being in lockdown, like they are kids having some exciting new experience. It's seriously fucked up. Mind control see. Create celebrity culture, merge it with mass death culture and people who will never be celebrities at least get their fifteen minutes of modern life by being victims in some lockdown. Others are genuinely scared. I don't want this thing in my body. It's fucked. So I understand why people are scared. Most don't really get how it works .. The bio ... mechanics (not traditional biomechanics) and bio chemistry of it. I know enough to want it well away from me.

My main issue with that fella in that post was that he has basic facts about things wrong. He us happy to use stuff that is incorrect to push his agenda. But he can't be fucked getting his facts right in the first place. People who will say anything to sell ideas, behaviours or products shit me. If you want me to believe you don't pretend our lockdown didn't stop the spread of the virus months ago cos it makes your article appear stronger.

Once he's done that he's fair game.

Does that Max guy gave anything other than videos? If I can't read it I don't trust it. (If I can read it I'm not much different to be honest.)

Joe, 3 kids! Bless your soul! I posted a couple of videos that explains the mechanics of how the virus infects the body back on page 32
http://www.rigorousintuition.ca/board2/viewtopic.php?p=684981#p684981

The first video is factually accurate even if an animation. This, or these should be helpful to those seeking a better understanding of how Covid-19 functions by using our own body's defenses against us.

https://youtu.be/BtN-goy9VOY
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ddlRvqhGdPk
Iamwhomiam

Postby Joe Hillshoist » Tue Aug 18, 2020 12:01 am

chump » 16 Aug 2020 02:13 wrote:I don't have much time for The Mighty Boosh... unless you highly recommend it.

Yeah. I do.

Seriously if you don't you will regret it for the rest of your life.

Mighty Boosh v some Qld campaigner talking about conspiracies? It's no contest.

Wrex was right. Conspiracy theory has become illiterate. So I'm slowly reading my way thru Igans stuff and wondering if it's worth finding his local pub for a chat when the border opens. Some us cool, some is a bit rubbish. A lot of this stuff seems like another fiorm of the marketing of identity politics. Not specifically Igan tho. I haven't read enough to offer lucky a considered opinion.

And yeah, what Zen Horse says. It's sposed to mean the opposite of the way you took it. :hug1:
Joe Hillshoist

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion