Coronavirus Crisis: Main Thread

Moderators: Elvis, DrVolin, Jeff

A serious problem throughout...

Postby JackRiddler » Sat Jan 29, 2022 10:28 pm

on this thread, and in real life with dealing with Covidianism and its varied oppositions, is the inability of many to see that the vast majority of those who believe in the full Covidian program (or, on the other side, one of its oppositions) are doing so because they actually believe it, for whatever reason, and act on their best intentions. I think they should wise the fuck up! But most of them think they're saving lives, they really do, and we all know it's very hard to go back on something once you believe it, especially if the belief is reinforced by polarization, accusations, and bad faith arguments on both sides. I've been trying to tell you all you're not helping if every two minutes you're calling them fascists, accusing them of worse than the Holocaust, automatically accusing them of being agents, or trying to fit them into some conspiratorial angle. Seems to come reflexively, so now we're looking at how Neil Young must be one of the secret controllers or agent of Pfizer. Why can't you accept that he believes what he's doing is the right thing? It's pretty obvious that he does.

We meet at the borders of our being, we dream something of each others reality. - Harvey of R.I.

To Justice my maker from on high did incline:
I am by virtue of its might divine,
The highest Wisdom and the first Love.

TopSecret WallSt. Iraq & more
JackRiddler

Blog: View Blog (0)

Re: Coronavirus Crisis: Main Thread

Postby drstrangelove » Sat Jan 29, 2022 11:07 pm

I don't think people are questioning Neil Young's belief so much as his volition. He doesn't own his own music.
drstrangelove

Postby Belligerent Savant » Sun Jan 30, 2022 1:06 am

^^^^^^^^^

Yes. I thought this was self-evident.

Also, Your response to Joe H was better than anything I was beginning to draft up so i'm re-sharing on this page as well.

drstrangelove » Sat Jan 29, 2022 8:54 pm wrote:Blackstone acquired Hignosis a couple months ago.
- https://www.blackstone.com/news/press/b ... royalties/

Trying to connect the dots on the corporate board seat circuit is a waste of time. I can link anyone who cares to the legal documents(global custody agreements) which give 5 custodian banks control over the boards of every publicly traded multi-national corporation of significance. This includes Warner brothers. The only exemptions are familiies who still retain control of their holding companies(like in the tv show Succession)

Now, for them to leverage this control is not that simple, but if they have the will to do so it can be done. And since people on the inside of this system know that this can be done, it often never needs to be. Private equity knows who their boss is, and if they don't they'll get a friendly visit from a Jeffrey Epstein, spend 12 months as his friend, then receive a video tape in the mail.

There is no evidence to suggest Kindler had any influence on Young's decision

This is a mob lawyer's defence. I agree there's no paperwork or recorded phone calls proving they told Neil to do this. But it's a fact that hignosis and Warner Bros gave Neil their blessing to do it at the cost of foregoing their royalties. So this was done in partnership, a kind of corporate counter culture thing. Like BLM.

The other Canadian, Jilo something, her catalogue is owned by Hassan Khosrowshahi's holding company.
- https://persisholdings.com/investments/dri-capital/

This holding company is invested in three things. Music copyrights. Commercial real estate. Pharmaceutical patents - https://dricapital.com

I've spent the last month researching Blackstone and BlackRock. I wanted to write an essay but I've written almost half a book. It's no coincidence they keep showing up everywhere.
Belligerent Savant

Postby Joe Hillshoist » Sun Jan 30, 2022 4:59 am

drstrangelove » 30 Jan 2022 13:07 wrote:I don't think people are questioning Neil Young's belief so much as his volition. He doesn't own his own music.

What do you mean by that?

Do you know how arcane music rights can get? Hipgnosis own 50% of the publishing and income rights. Warner Music owns other rights and Young obviously owns the control of his music because he is very anti using his music in advertising and if he didn't own that control it wouldn't matter how he feels about it we'd be hearing his music advertising insurance and funeral homes to Boomers.

Young owns creative control of his music.

If he didn't companies like Hipgnosis would be selling access to the publishing rights to it for advertising money.

He also recovered from polio, a disease that doesn't fuck peoples lives up anymore because of vaccination. He doesn't need to be pressured into this position.

Anyway i'm not here to defend the prick, I've pretty much hated him since he released Lets Roll.
Joe Hillshoist

Postby Harvey » Sun Jan 30, 2022 5:32 am

Joe reprimands others for not checking facts...
And while we spoke of many things, fools and kings
This he said to me
"The greatest thing
You'll ever learn
Is just to love
And be loved
In return"

Eden Ahbez
Harvey

Blog: View Blog (20)

Postby drstrangelove » Sun Jan 30, 2022 5:34 am

The fact this is even news is evidence enough this whole thing is a corporate sponsored attack on one of the last media platforms with the independence to expose dissenting views to a mass audience. When I type 'Australia news' into YouTube the second thing that pops up is a morning talk show clip covering 'cancel Spotify'. Two reddit threads were voted to the top of both news and world news subreddits using botnets within hours. The pedo's over at CNN have been on his case for months now. All of corporate media celebrated when Rogan got covid, and there was a wave of disappointment when he kicked after taking horse dewormer.

I really shouldn't have to care about this. The reason I know this is apart of a coordinated attack is because I know about it. I shouldn't know about it. But it finds me. It wiggles its way into my news feed and goes

"hey lookie here at what these anti-establish canucks are doing to fight misinformation!"

and of course the whole thing is timed perfectly with the tech stock collapse.

"hey lookie here, Spotify stock has been dropping since these artists took a stand!"

Other artists will start to realise this will get them into the news cycle. Others will just get on board through mimesis. Did you know subway suicide rates and school shootings increase when the news covers them? The number of school shootings drops every fours years because of the election cycle. You could invest and divest firearm manufacturing stocks using this information and gain a steady income. That is of course if you are comfortable monetising tragedy.

People aren't "in on it". They are just disappointing.
drstrangelove

Postby Joe Hillshoist » Sun Jan 30, 2022 5:42 am

Belligerent Savant » 30 Jan 2022 15:06 wrote:^^^^^^^^^

Yes. I thought this was self-evident.

Also, Your response to Joe H was better than anything I was beginning to draft up so i'm re-sharing on this page as well.

That's because you don't have a response.

You posted a tweet saying the former CEO of Pfizer was now the Chairman of Blackstone and that was why Neil Young pulled his songs from Spotify.

The former CEO of Pfizer isn't the Chairman of Blackstone. That ios not accurate.

What possible response could you have other than "Oops I fucked up. The former CEO of Pfizer just advises Blackstone on medical investment decisions. He isn't the Chairman."

????

Or are you gonna try and say that even tho you posted a factually incorrect tweet it doesn't matter cos the vibe of it is right even if the facts are wrong?
Joe Hillshoist

Postby Joe Hillshoist » Sun Jan 30, 2022 5:42 am

Harvey » 30 Jan 2022 19:32 wrote:Joe reprimands others for not checking facts...

Sorry?

Have I got something wrong in this thread you want to post a link to?
Joe Hillshoist

Postby Joe Hillshoist » Sun Jan 30, 2022 5:53 am

drstrangelove » 30 Jan 2022 19:34 wrote:The fact this is even news is evidence enough this whole thing is a corporate sponsored attack on one of the last media platforms with the independence to expose dissenting views to a mass audience. When I type 'Australia news' into YouTube the second thing that pops up is a morning talk show clip covering 'cancel Spotify'. Two reddit threads were voted to the top of both news and world news subreddits using botnets within hours. The pedo's over at CNN have been on his case for months now. All of corporate media celebrated when Rogan got covid, and there was a wave of disappointment when he kicked after taking horse dewormer.

I really shouldn't have to care about this. The reason I know this is apart of a coordinated attack is because I know about it. I shouldn't know about it. But it finds me. It wiggles its way into my news feed and goes

"hey lookie here at what these anti-establish canucks are doing to fight misinformation!"

and of course the whole thing is timed perfectly with the tech stock collapse.

"hey lookie here, Spotify stock has been dropping since these artists took a stand!"

Other artists will start to realise this will get them into the news cycle. Others will just get on board through mimesis. Did you know subway suicide rates and school shootings increase when the news covers them? The number of school shootings drops every fours years because of the election cycle. You could invest and divest firearm manufacturing stocks using this information and gain a steady income. That is of course if you are comfortable monetising tragedy.

People aren't "in on it". They are just disappointing.

Mate its Spotify.

They aren't independent. They are corporate. Google paid 40 billion + for them in 2019. Neil Young sold the rights to half his music for 150 million bucks. There is no independent anti establishment anything anywhere in the "Australia news" on youtube.

Spotiofy's share price peaked a year ago. Its about what it was after they announced they signed Rogan now. they're as likely as anyone to want to pin their declining value on Neil the WarYounger
Joe Hillshoist

Postby Harvey » Sun Jan 30, 2022 6:08 am

Joe Hillshoist » Sun Jan 30, 2022 10:42 am wrote:
Harvey » 30 Jan 2022 19:32 wrote:Joe reprimands others for not checking facts...

Sorry?

Ha ha! Yes of course you have. And no of course I won't. It's funnier that way.
And while we spoke of many things, fools and kings
This he said to me
"The greatest thing
You'll ever learn
Is just to love
And be loved
In return"

Eden Ahbez
Harvey

Blog: View Blog (20)

Postby drstrangelove » Sun Jan 30, 2022 6:48 am

Rogan is the independent platform not Spotify. They paid him $100 mill to put him in a box and scrub a bunch of episodes from his archive. Rogan probably does have some institutional backing from the military industrial complex. When you are that influential you need someone watching out for you.
drstrangelove

Postby Joe Hillshoist » Sun Jan 30, 2022 7:24 am

drstrangelove » 30 Jan 2022 20:48 wrote:Rogan is the independent platform not Spotify. They paid him $100 mill to put him in a box and scrub a bunch of episodes from his archive. Rogan probably does have some institutional backing from the military industrial complex. When you are that influential you need someone watching out for you.

Somewhere on this site someone got stuck right into Rogan. Probably 12 or more years ago.

They were at Burning Man and apparently he was running around claiming to be the next Terrence McKenna but not really up to McKenna's level. Few, if any, are. (In fact ... you could look at his show as an attempt to gain the breadth of knowledge McKenna had about nearly everything he came across. An after the fact realisation he is just a dumb schmuck compared to TMac and a real attempt to live up to him by learning as much as he could about whatever he could.)

So whoever it was wrote him off as a psychedelic rock star but with no substance.

Anyway that was the first I'd ever heard of Joe Rogan so as a result I've never really taken him that seriously or listened to him much.

But he has a black belt in BJJ and was a national Tae Kwon Do champion in the US as a kid. Both those things require drive and commitment.

And ... I have a mate who listens to him a lot and you can see that my mate is smarter because of it. Rogan is a bit like Robert Anton Wilson when he was editor at Playboy in that way, He's making media smarter, unlike the MSM, and that's pretty undeniable whether you agree with his views about stuff or not.
Joe Hillshoist

Postby Joe Hillshoist » Sun Jan 30, 2022 7:25 am

Harvey » 30 Jan 2022 20:08 wrote:
Joe Hillshoist » Sun Jan 30, 2022 10:42 am wrote:

Sorry?

Ha ha! Yes of course you have. And no of course I won't. It's funnier that way.

So long as you're having a good time.
Joe Hillshoist

Postby Joe Hillshoist » Sun Jan 30, 2022 7:27 am

BTW Harvs.

I reckon you're scared because deep down inside you're not sure you can find that stuff.
Joe Hillshoist

Postby Joe Hillshoist » Sun Jan 30, 2022 7:33 am

So here's the letter to spotify using JRE as an reason to get Spotify to begin a misinformation moderation process.

https://jonimitchell.com/library/view.cfm?id=5101

[quote]An Open Letter to Spotify Print-ready version
A call from the global scientific and medical communities to implement a misinformation policy

JoniMitchell.com
January 28, 2022

On Dec. 31, 2021, the Joe Rogan Experience (JRE), a Spotify-exclusive podcast, uploaded a highly controversial episode featuring guest Dr. Robert Malone (#1757). The episode has been criticized for promoting baseless conspiracy theories and the JRE has a concerning history of broadcasting misinformation, particularly regarding the COVID-19 pandemic. By allowing the propagation of false and societally harmful assertions, Spotify is enabling its hosted media to damage public trust in scientific research and sow doubt in the credibility of data-driven guidance offered by medical professionals. JRE #1757 is not the only transgression to occur on the Spotify platform, but a relevant example of the platform's failure to mitigate the damage it is causing.

We are a coalition of scientists, medical professionals, professors, and science communicators spanning a wide range of fields such as microbiology, immunology, epidemiology, and neuroscience and we are calling on Spotify to take action against the mass-misinformation events which continue to occur on its platform. With an estimated 11 million listeners per episode, JRE is the world's largest podcast and has tremendous influence. Though Spotify has a responsibility to mitigate the spread of misinformation on its platform, the company presently has no misinformation policy.

Throughout the COVID-19 pandemic, Joe Rogan has repeatedly spread misleading and false claims on his podcast, provoking distrust in science and medicine. He has discouraged vaccination in young people and children, incorrectly claimed that mRNA vaccines are "gene therapy," promoted off-label use of ivermectin to treat COVID-19 (contrary to FDA warnings), and spread a number of unsubstantiated conspiracy theories. In episode #1757, Rogan hosted Dr. Robert Malone, who was suspended from Twitter for spreading misinformation about COVID-19. Dr. Malone used the JRE platform to further promote numerous baseless claims, including several falsehoods about COVID-19 vaccines and an unfounded theory that societal leaders have "hypnotized" the public. Many of these statements have already been discredited. Notably, Dr. Malone is one of two recent JRE guests who has compared pandemic policies to the Holocaust. These actions are not only objectionable and offensive, but also medically and culturally dangerous.

The average age of JRE listeners is 24 years old and according to data from Washington State, unvaccinated 12-34 year olds are 12 times more likely to be hospitalized with COVID than those who are fully vaccinated. Dr. Malone's interview has reached many tens of millions of listeners vulnerable to predatory medical misinformation. Mass-misinformation events of this scale have extraordinarily dangerous ramifications. As scientists, we face backlash and resistance as the public grows to distrust our research and expertise. As educators and science communicators, we are tasked with repairing the public's damaged understanding of science and medicine. As physicians, we bear the arduous weight of a pandemic that has stretched our medical systems to their limits and only stands to be exacerbated by the anti-vaccination sentiment woven into this and other episodes of Rogan's podcast.

This is not only a scientific or medical concern; it is a sociological issue of devastating proportions and Spotify is responsible for allowing this activity to thrive on its platform. We, the undersigned doctors, nurses, scientists, and educators thus call on Spotify to immediately establish a clear and public policy to moderate misinformation on its platform.

Signed,

a bunch of whingers[/quote

I'm not really hopeful but I'm wondering if, besides Jack, Wombat and Dr Strange, any of you are capable of following the link then reading the letter and finding the misinformation they've put in there.

Its there and its fucken hilarious.

BTW I'm only doing this so you get vaccinated and die as your internal organs freak out then try to escape your body thru your skin.
Joe Hillshoist

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion