Bill Gates is Seriously Dangerous

Moderators: Elvis, DrVolin, Jeff

Re: Bill Gates is Seriously Dangerous

Postby Belligerent Savant » Wed May 10, 2023 5:15 pm

Joe Hillshoist » Wed May 10, 2023 2:05 am wrote:So the propaganda you just published BS is designed to make you think a certain way.

Can you identify what that way is? Ie what associations it wants you to make? How it wants you to think?

Harvey » Wed May 10, 2023 3:34 pm wrote:Do you worry whether Gates funded PR, readily available from most state and corporate media, international institutions, most state governments, computer/device operating systems/search engines and most science journals - do you worry if all this will be enough to offset a rather limited critique of Bill Gates on a single twitter account?

Per Harvey's point, it's informative that Joe H asks the above questions in response to a relatively obscure Twitter handle but doesn't apply the same critique to entities with many orders of magnitude more power, funding, reach, and certainly egregiously malevolent intent (at least with respect to their approach to sharing of resources/handling of humans, collectively) than whatever the intentions are of the Twitter handle that posted the content about Gates.

[also, at least tangentially related: Gates is, among many other things, an egregioius scam artist and fraud, from the very beginning. He had significant assistance from both his parents (both parents had extensive high-powered connections in govt and elite circles) and also STOLE materials from others -- and lied, cheated -- to garner his initial wealth. One can argue this is par for the course for any uber-capitalist, and that's largely correct. But very few 'uber-capitalists' are actively involved in buying up massive swaths of farmland in an effort to -- among other objectives -- markedly increase demand and cost for dairy/meats; sell shitty fake meat detrimental to health, riddled with preservatives/additives; aggressively push vaccines and mRNA tech, particularly in 3rd world countries, to their detriment; and of course an aggressive proponent of climate "alarm", among numerous other exploits, practically all of which are harmful. To call this Gates person a vile scumbag would be charitable]

The point you're attempting to make, Joe, is precisely the approach you should be taking Re: dominant narratives of today, particularly Re: covid AND climate "alarm". The overt/dominant messaging Re: covid and climate alarm (and many other current topics) have FAR more reach and influence -- and demonstrably, have caused far more harms -- than most Twitter handles (except for perhaps a small handful, which would include Elon) can hope to ever accomplish.
Belligerent Savant

Blog: View Blog (0)

Postby stickdog99 » Wed May 10, 2023 7:48 pm

Harvey » 10 May 2023 20:34 wrote:Do you worry whether Gates funded PR, readily available from most state and corporate media, international institutions, most state governments, computer/device operating systems/search engines and most science journals - do you worry if all this will be enough to offset a rather limited critique of Bill Gates on a single twitter account?

LOL. Methinks that Joe DOS protest too much.
stickdog99

Postby Joe Hillshoist » Thu May 11, 2023 6:18 am

Belligerent Savant » 11 May 2023 07:15 wrote:.

Per Harvey's point, it's informative that Joe H asks the above questions in response to a relatively obscure Twitter handle but doesn't apply the same critique to entities with many orders of magnitude more power, funding, reach, and certainly egregiously malevolent intent (at least with respect to their approach to sharing of resources/handling of humans, collectively) than whatever the intentions are of the Twitter handle that posted the content about Gates.

Links of me doing that or I'm gonna call you full of shit about that.

The point you're attempting to make, Joe, is precisely the approach you should be taking Re: dominant narratives of today, particularly Re: covid AND climate "alarm". The overt/dominant messaging Re: covid and climate alarm (and many other current topics) have FAR more reach and influence -- and demonstrably, have caused far more harms -- than most Twitter handles (except for perhaps a small handful, which would include Elon) can hope to ever accomplish.

My opinion on climate change is informed by things other than the mainstream media and has developed over decades - more than 40 years. And that includes 25 years of fire fighting as fires and fire conditions got worse every few years. You're not fucken listening to me cos you are incapable. So instead you carry on with this garbage.

As far as covid goes you don't even know what I think about it and you certainly have no idea what i say to people in real life.

Every time I'd point out an issue in the stuff you posted about covid you'd come back with some other unrelated bullshit that had nothing to do with what I was talking about. Every single time.

At no point did you engage with the substance of what I said, probably because you are not up to it. You don't have the knowledge or the critical thinking skills. As a result you have some transference bullshit going on in your brain where you think i am anthony fauci or something.

And yet again you carry on with this half arsed criticism but haven't engaged with the substance of what i said.

ie - That the person you quoted is trying to present climate change as a product of the elites instead of something they resisted engaging on for decades until they found ways to control the narratives and systems that evolved to deal with it.

You're oh so smart when you think you can tell the very obvious mind control and propaganda that everyone is subjected to all the time but you're completely oblivious when you come up against the more subtle and intelligent propaganda and mind control that's aimed at people who think the way you do but don't really engage with the facts and substance of issues.
Joe Hillshoist

Postby Joe Hillshoist » Thu May 11, 2023 6:28 am

Harvey » 11 May 2023 06:34 wrote:Do you worry whether Gates funded PR, readily available from most state and corporate media, international institutions, most state governments, computer/device operating systems/search engines and most science journals - do you worry if all this will be enough to offset a rather limited critique of Bill Gates on a single twitter account?

Wouldn't you rather have a clue about what you're criticising Gates about instead of being manipulated by that crap?

I get annoyed about this cos Bill Gates is involved in stuff that stops poor people in non western countries from using traditional fuels like wood under the banner of climate change action, buying up land in those places to prevent those people accessing the land for renewable resources like food and wood and all you first world problem cunts are worried about is not being able to drive your cars into town cos of climate change action.

And maybe you, Harvey, are more switched on to that stuff than most but bel sav certainly isn't.
Joe Hillshoist

Postby Joe Hillshoist » Thu May 11, 2023 6:44 am

stickdog99 » 11 May 2023 09:48 wrote:
Harvey » 10 May 2023 20:34 wrote:Do you worry whether Gates funded PR, readily available from most state and corporate media, international institutions, most state governments, computer/device operating systems/search engines and most science journals - do you worry if all this will be enough to offset a rather limited critique of Bill Gates on a single twitter account?

LOL. Methinks that Joe DOS protest too much.

Very droll.
Joe Hillshoist

Postby Belligerent Savant » Thu May 11, 2023 10:16 am

Joe Hillshoist » Thu May 11, 2023 5:28 am wrote:I get annoyed about this cos Bill Gates is involved in stuff that stops poor people in non western countries from using traditional fuels like wood under the banner of climate change action, buying up land in those places to prevent those people accessing the land for renewable resources like food and wood and all you first world problem cunts are worried about is not being able to drive your cars into town cos of climate change action.

And maybe you, Harvey, are more switched on to that stuff than most but bel sav certainly isn't.

CORRECT: I'm absolutely not "switched on" to that. If you believe Bill Gates is in any way undertaking actions to benefit the poor or 3rd world nations you are deeply misled and more naive than I initially presumed.

Whatever 'benefit' may be in play by Gates' (or his foundation's) actions would be happenstance [or, perhaps not happenstance but part of a misdirection of actual aims] and nowhere near a 'priority' as far as objectives.

You (and many others, in some cases understandably) continue to believe the many lies Re: climate change.

The reality is "fossil fuels" are very cheap compared to the "alternatives" being pushed by the very wealthy (there will never be 'future returns' or 'lower costs' after wide adoption: many continue to be duped with these salesmen tricks).

The REALITY is that "fossil fuels" are HOW SO MANY 3RD WORLD COUNTRIES and relatively POOR people can have access to many modern benefits.

Ironic, that so many believe the vaporware/trinkets/scams being sold to them by the very wealthy as 'solutions' to 'climate alarm' will actually benefit the poor/middle-classes, when it will do precisely the opposite

Even more ironic is that Joe scoffs at those like me for living in a "1st world", implying I'm some form of an elitist, while carrying water for the likes of fucking GATES.

But of course, you're fully captured by this long-running propaganda that man-made C02 is the primary driver of weather fluctuations.

And, as such, you see me as some variation of a FOOL for my evolving positions on the topic of climate. So Be It.

Let's see where we are in 5 yrs. 10yrs. 15yrs. RI may be long gone. But the reality of the situation will eventually bear itself out. ALREADY, RIGHT NOW, the "climate alarm" narrative is beginning to fall apart. A growing count of prior believers are now beginning to question, though perhaps quietly.

(Ah, but in 5-10 yrs it'll be "too late", goes the climate ALARMIST. Just as they proclaimed calamity was surely to occur in the 90s. No, 2000. No wait, it was then revised to 2015. Or was it 2025? A crappy world for most may well arrive in the coming years, but it won't be due to the weather.)

So much of what passes for accepted 'facts' and 'truth' in our modern era is far removed from either.

This, by no means, suggests I (or anyone like me) have the "right" answers. This is never about being "right" about all the particulars.

For me, it's always been about sniffing out the LIES and BULLSHIT, and recognizing them as such.

Since I've posted my first comment here in RI, overall my record is quite good at identifying the BS.

You do you, I'll do me.
Belligerent Savant

Postby stickdog99 » Thu May 11, 2023 5:07 pm

Joe Hillshoist » 11 May 2023 10:28 wrote:
Harvey » 11 May 2023 06:34 wrote:Do you worry whether Gates funded PR, readily available from most state and corporate media, international institutions, most state governments, computer/device operating systems/search engines and most science journals - do you worry if all this will be enough to offset a rather limited critique of Bill Gates on a single twitter account?

Wouldn't you rather have a clue about what you're criticising Gates about instead of being manipulated by that crap?

I get annoyed about this cos Bill Gates is involved in stuff that stops poor people in non western countries from using traditional fuels like wood under the banner of climate change action, buying up land in those places to prevent those people accessing the land for renewable resources like food and wood and all you first world problem cunts are worried about is not being able to drive your cars into town cos of climate change action.

Bill Gates also tries to force his shitty vaccines on poor people in non western countries. And he is also buying up millions of acres of US farmland in an attempt to prevent US people from accessing the land for renewable resources like food and wood. And if he gets his way, the only first world problem cunts left on Earth will be his little club of private jet collectors.

You realize this, yet you still seem intent on defending him from "slanted" propaganda, as if he doesn't own the entire apparatus of military intelligence "fact checking" PR.

And yes, you are 100% correct that our most powerful oligarchs fought environmental activism tooth and nail for decades until they managed to successfully coopt the movement and direct its goals toward 100% centralized authoritarian austerity. But that's definitely where we are at this moment. And even though you realize this, useful idiots like you continue to despise your fellow first world cunts for not being sufficiently emissionally austere. Why? Is it really that tough to align yourself with the ignorant first world consumers you so despise even when you know that we have a common arch enemy clearly intent on fucking us all?

Once again, I'll happily support any measures that actually serve to reduce human carbon and nitrogen emissions in any overall manner that do not result in further centralization of power, wealth and control over the masses nor further restrict the rights of the average individual compared to the rights of the elites who are driving the WEF's Net Zero/15 minute cities/CBDCs/total biosecurity awareness/"You will own nothing and be happy" agenda.

You know, just as soon as gourmet foods, private jets, yachts, and military use of fossil fuels are outlawed for everyone, the right to travel is equalized for everyone, and none of the elites currently trying to ram these restrictions down all of our throats with the help of their well-meaning army of jackboot ecobiofascists are allowed to offset any of their own "planet choking" emissions with their overflowing treasure chests of CBDCs.

It's just amazing to me how many people are willing to welcome dystopian authoritarian regulations clearly designed to restrict their own rights and quality of life compared to those of elites if only the cause is marketed to them as somehow virtuous. It's millennialism at its most co-opted since perhaps the Decline and Fall of the Roman Empire. I mean, how can any of our problems have anything to do with the top 0.01% (who obviously need our defense from "biased" critiques) when so many of the bottom 99% of us first world cunts simply refuse to repent?

I mean, even after COVID-19, are you just going to blindly follow whatever the WEF mandates on you to flatten the curve of the evil scourges of carbon-19 and nitrogen-19 simply because you so cherish the indignant environmental self-righteousness that you have so long relished cudgeling your fellow first world cunts with?
stickdog99

Postby Belligerent Savant » Fri May 12, 2023 2:36 pm

Well-summarized by stickdog.

Also, a correction: I misread Joe's last comment above, so much of the content in my reply to Joe above isn't applicable/should be retracted.

Realized this now after reading through Joe's response in more detail. I would remove my prior posting but no longer have the option for doing so.

That said, I AM, in fact, quite familiar with Gates and his Foundation's activities/interests/acts of 'philanthropy'. Take a look at who started this thread, and take a look at my prior content shared here, in this thread.

My issues with Gates have absolutely nothing to do with my driving interests: whatever gave you this notion? Where did I ever type anything that remotely suggested this? I happen to bike and walk or take public transit as often as possible, so please refrain from the presumptions.

Just 2 days ago I typed the following; you can scroll back and see other content I shared in this thread that is very much 'in the know' of some of Gates' activities in 3rd world countries.

Belligerent Savant » Wed May 10, 2023 4:15 pm wrote:

[also, at least tangentially related: Gates is, among many other things, an egregioius scam artist and fraud, from the very beginning. He had significant assistance from both his parents (both parents had extensive high-powered connections in govt and elite circles) and also STOLE materials from others -- and lied, cheated -- to garner his initial wealth. One can argue this is par for the course for any uber-capitalist, and that's largely correct. But very few 'uber-capitalists' are actively involved in buying up massive swaths of farmland in an effort to -- among other objectives -- markedly increase demand and cost for dairy/meats; sell shitty fake meat detrimental to health, riddled with preservatives/additives; aggressively push vaccines and mRNA tech, particularly in 3rd world countries, to their detriment; and of course an aggressive proponent of climate "alarm", among numerous other exploits, practically all of which are harmful. To call this Gates person a vile scumbag would be charitable]

Last edited by Belligerent Savant on Fri May 12, 2023 8:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Belligerent Savant

Postby Belligerent Savant » Fri May 12, 2023 3:34 pm

From page 5 of this thread:

Belligerent Savant » Sun May 03, 2020 1:29 pm wrote:.

A couple quick links with excerpts.

https://www.rupe-india.org/57/gates.html

[hyperlinks at Source]:

The Real Agenda of the Gates Foundation

“You're trying to find the places where the money will have the most leverage, how you can save the most lives for the dollar, so to speak,” Pelley remarked. “Right. And transform the societies,” Gates replied.

In 2009 the self-designated “Good Club” – a gathering of the world’s wealthiest people whose collective net worth then totaled some $125 billion – met behind closed doors in New York City to discuss a coordinated response to threats posed by the global financial crisis. Led by Bill Gates, Warren Buffett, and David Rockefeller, the group resolved to find new ways of addressing sources of discontent in the developing world, in particular “overpopulation” and infectious diseases. The billionaires in attendance committed to massive spending in areas of interest to themselves, heedless of the priorities of national governments and existing aid organizations.

Details of the secret summit were leaked to the press and hailed as a turning point for Big Philanthropy. Traditional bureaucratic foundations like Ford, Rockefeller, and Carnegie were said to be giving way to “philanthrocapitalism,” a muscular new approach to charity in which the presumed entrepreneurial skills of billionaires would be applied directly to the world’s most pressing challenges:

Today’s philanthrocapitalists see a world full of big problems that they, and perhaps only they, can and must put right. … Their philanthropy is “strategic,” “market conscious,” “impact oriented,” “knowledge based,” often “high engagement,” and always driven by the goal of maximizing the “leverage” of the donor’s money. … [P]hilanthrocapitalists are increasingly trying to find ways of harnessing the profit motive to achieve social good.

Wielding “huge power that could reshape nations according to their will,”5 billionaire donors would now openly embrace not only the market-based theory, but also the practices and organizational norms, of corporate capitalism. Yet the overall thrust of their charitable interventions would remain consistent with longstanding traditions of Big Philanthropy, as discussed below:

I. The World’s Largest Private Foundation
II. Foundations and Imperialism
III.Gates and Big Pharma
IV. A Broader Agenda

Excerpt from the above link:

IV. A Broader Agenda

Behind BMGF’s coordinated interventions in pharmaceuticals, agriculture, population control, and other putatively philanthropic concerns lies a broader agenda. In a recent interview Bill Gates briefly strayed off-message to warn of “huge population growth in places where we don’t want it, like Yemen and Pakistan and parts of Africa.”77 His use of the majestic plural here is revealing: in spite of much rhetoric about “empowering poor people,” the Foundation is fundamentally concerned with reshaping societies in the context of ruling-class imperatives.

The central thrust of current imperialist strategy involves increasingly direct intervention in the developing countries/Third World, ranging from internal destabilization to regime change to outright military occupation. This is evidenced by recent wars of conquest in Iraq and Libya, multiple programs of destabilization and proxy warfare throughout the Middle East and North Africa, and the integration of African Union military forces into the framework of AFRICOM. Military aggression undergirds a redoubled effort to seize control of raw materials in developing countries, in particular oil and strategic mineral resources in the African continent. Big Philanthropy’s more aggressive interventions in the public health systems of the Third World reflect and complement this strategy.

Meanwhile, the capitalist core is pursuing an energetic program of what David Harvey has called “accumulation by dispossession,” leading to “a rapid and large movement of foreign capital taking control over huge tracts of land—mainly in Africa, Southeast Asia, and Latin America—by either outright purchase or by long-term leases and removal of peasant farmers from the land.”78 This process is facilitated in multiple ways by the activities of the Gates Foundation. What follows is an attempt to summarize the Gates agenda in a few broad strokes.
“Land mobility” not land reform
Hunger, claims the Gates Foundation website, is rooted in “population growth, rising incomes, dwindling natural resources, and a changing climate,” and is best addressed by enhancing agricultural productivity.79 Unmentioned is the fact that per capita food production has been trending upward for decades and remains at historic highs,80 meaning that hunger is an issue of unequal distribution rather than inadequate productivity. Extensive scholarship shows also that food insecurity has been greatly exacerbated over recent decades by massive dispossession of small farmers, depriving millions of their livelihoods.81 Contra Gates, the food crisis is not one of “rising incomes” but of vanishing incomes.

Although Foundation publicity pays lip service to the idea of sustainable smallholder agriculture, in fact its initiatives are uniformly directed toward high-tech, high-yield farming methods – much like the “Green Revolution” technologies that proved ultimately ruinous for rural peasantries beginning in the 1960s.82 Gates works closely with agribusiness giant Monsanto through organizations like the Alliance for a Green Revolution in Africa (AGRA), which steers billions in grant money primarily to biotech and GMO research.83 The Foundation has also thrown its weight behind a revival of Grameen-style microbanking schemes, which transpired during the 2000s to be a debt trap leading to dispossession of rural families.84

Far from empowering small farmers, BMGF’s efforts envision the exit of “inefficient” small farmers from their land – a process euphemistically termed “land mobility” – as revealed by an internal memo leaked to the press in 2008:

In order to transition agriculture from the current situation of low investment, low productivity and low returns to a market-oriented, highly-productive system, it is essential that supply (productivity) and demand (market access) expand together… [this] involves market-oriented farmers operating profitable farms that generate enough income to sustain their rise out of poverty. Over time, this will require some degree of land mobility and a lower percentage of total employment involved in direct agricultural production.85

The impact of these policies on small farmers and their families is disastrous. As Fred Magdoff recently explained, “the world capitalist economy is [no longer] able to provide productive employment for the huge numbers of people losing their lands. Thus the fate of those migrating to cities or other countries is commonly to live in slums and to exist precariously within the ‘informal’ economy.86

Indeed, the Foundation's agricultural policy strikingly resembles what Samir Amin describes as the logical outcome of subjecting agriculture to the same market principles as any other branch of production: 20 million industrial farmers producing the world's food supply in place of today’s three billion peasants.87 As Amin observes:

The conditions for the success of such an alternative would include: (1) the transfer of important pieces of good land to the new capitalist farmers (and these lands would have to be taken out of the hands of present peasant populations); (2) capital (to buy supplies and equipment); and (3) access to the consumer markets. Such farmers would indeed compete successfully with the billions of present peasants. But what would happen to those billions of people?88

Amin’s analysis chimes with the Gates Foundation memo quoted above, and there is reason to believe that BMGF is already contemplating strategies for coping with the “surplus” population that the processes of accumulation and dispossession are generating.

Population control not redistribution
In a 2012 Newsweek profile, Melinda Gates announced her intention to get “family planning” back on the global agenda and made the dubious claim that African women were literally clamoring for Depo-Provera as a way of hiding contraceptive use from “unsupportive husbands.”89 Boasting that a decision “likely to change lives all over the world” had been hers alone, she announced that the Foundation would invest $4 billion in an effort to supply injectable contraceptives to 120 million women – presumably women of color – by 2020. It was a program so ambitious that some critics warned of a return to the era of eugenics and coercive sterilization.90

Bill Gates, at one time an avowed Malthusian “at least in the developing countries”91 is now careful to repudiate Malthus in public. Yet it is striking that Foundation publicity justifies not only contraception, but every major initiative in the language of population control, from vaccination (“When children survive in greater numbers, parents decide to have smaller families”92) to primary education (“[G]irls who complete seven years of schooling will marry four years later and have 2.2 fewer children than girls who do not complete primary school.”)93

In a 2010 public lecture, Bill Gates attributed global warming to “overpopulation” and touted zero population growth as a solution achievable “[i]f we do a really great job on new vaccines, health care, and reproductive health services.”94 The argument is disingenuous: As Gates certainly knows, the poor people who are the targets of his campaigns are responsible for no more than a tiny percentage of the environmental damage that underlies climate change. The economist Utsa Patnaik has demonstrated that when population figures are adjusted to account for actual per capita demand on resources, e.g., fossil fuels and food, the greatest “real population pressure” emanates not from India or Africa, but from the advanced countries.95 The Gates Foundation is well aware of this imbalance and works not to redress it but to preserve it – by blaming poverty not on imperialism but on unrestrained sexual reproduction “in places where we don’t want it.”

From Malthus to the present day, the myth of overpopulation has supplied reliable ideological cover for the ruling class as it appropriates ever greater shares of the people's labor and the planet's wealth. As argued in Aspects No. 55, “Malthus’s heirs continue to wish us to believe that people are responsible for their own misery; that there is simply not enough to go around; and to ameliorate that state of wretchedness we must not attempt to alter the ownership of social wealth and redistribute the social product, but instead focus on reducing the number of people.”96 In recent years BMGF's publicity apparatus, exploiting Western alarm about “climate change,” has helped create a resurgence of the overpopulation hysteria last experienced during the 1970s in the wake of Paul Erlich’s bestseller The Population Bomb.97
Yet the sheer scale of BMGF's investment in “family planning”" suggests that its ambitions reach beyond mere propaganda. In addition to the multibillion dollar contraception distribution program discussed previously, BMGF provides research support for the development of new high-tech, long-lasting contraceptives (e.g., an ultrasound sterilization procedure for men as well as “non-surgical female sterilization”). Meanwhile the Foundation aggressively lobbies Third World governments to spend more on birth control and supporting infrastructure.98 while subsidizing steep cuts in the price of subcutaneous contraceptives.99

These initiatives lie squarely within the traditions of Big Philanthropy. The Rockefeller Foundation organized the Population Council in 1953, predicting a “Malthusian crisis” in the developing world and financing extensive experiments in population control. These interventions were enthusiastically embraced by US government policymakers, who agreed that “the demographic problems of the developing countries, especially in areas of non-Western culture, make these nations more vulnerable to Communism.”100 Foundation research culminated in an era of “unrestrained enthusiasm for government-sponsored family planning” by the 1970s.101 Less discussed but amply documented is the consistent support for eugenics research by US-based foundations, dating from the 1920s, when Rockefeller helped found the German eugenics program that undergirded Nazi racial theories,102 through the 1970s, when Ford Foundation research helped prepare the intellectual ground for a brutal forced sterilization campaign in India.103

Why have foundations invested so persistently in actual technologies and campaigns for population reduction? In the absence of a definitive explanation, two possibilities are worth pondering:

Gates and his billionaire associates may well share Dean Acheson's view – famously ridiculed by Mao Zedong – that population growth engenders revolutions by “creating unbearable pressure on the land.”104 A more recent expression of this idea, contained in the report of the US Vice President’s Task Force on Combatting Terrorism, is that “population pressures create a volatile mixture of youthful aspirations that when coupled with economic and political frustrations help form a large pool of potential terrorists.”105 Thus BMGF likely sees population control as a security imperative, in keeping with its fear of a “less stable” world and reflecting the philosophy of global health governance.106

Population control is, in another sense, one of the instruments of social control. It extends ruling-class jurisdiction more directly to the personal sphere, aiming at “full-spectrum dominance” of the developing world. Like laws regulating marriage and sexual behavior, such interventions in the reproduction of labor power are not essential to capitalists but remain desirable as a means of exercising ruling class hegemony over every aspect of the lives of the working people. Whereas the ideology of population control is intended to turn attention away from the existing distribution of wealth and income that causes widespread want, population control as such directly targets the bodies and dignity of poor people, conditioning them to believe that life’s most intimate decisions are outside of their competence and control.107
The relationship between bourgeois ideology and imperialist practice is dynamic and mutually supportive. As David Harvey has observed: “Whenever a theory of overpopulation seizes hold in a society dominated by an elite, then the non-elite invariably experience some form of political, economic, and social repression.”108 Seen in this light, BMGF's promotion of population control is doubly pernicious because it is cloaked in the language of environmentalism, popular empowerment, and feminism. Melinda Gates may evoke “choice” in support of her family planning initiatives, but in reality it is not poor women, but a handful of the world’s wealthiest people who have presumed to choose which methods of contraception will be delivered, and to whom.

Dependency not democracy
Speaking off the record, public health officials are scathing about the imperiousness of the Gates Foundation. It is said to be “domineering” and “controlling,” contemptuous of advice from experts, seeking to “divide and conquer” the institutions of global health via “stealth-like monopolisation of communications and advocacy.109 But the high-handedness of the Foundation goes far beyond office politics in Geneva. In general it “has not been interested in health systems strengthening and has rather competed with existing health services.”110 It routinely subverts the health ministries of sovereign nations, either coercing their cooperation or outmanoeuvring them via NGO-sponsored field operations that bypass existing infrastructure and personnel.

In particular, the Foundation’s emphasis on single-issue, vertically organized interventions tends to undermine community-based primary care, endorsed by the Alma Ata Declaration of 1978 as the model for Third World public health programs. Based implicitly on the “barefoot doctor” program that revolutionized public health in the People’s Republic of China, the philosophy of primary care proposed that the people “have a right and duty to participate individually and collectively in the planning and implementation of their health care.”111 In theory, the goal was not only improvement of health as such, but also popular empowerment and genuine democracy at the local level. People would be encouraged to believe that health care was not a gift from Western benefactors, but belonged to them as of right.

Although the Chinese model could never be properly implemented in non-socialist countries, Alma Ata inspired various community-based health initiatives in developing countries, achieving some success in lowering infant mortality and raising life expectancy.112 Today, however, primary care programs worldwide are on the decline due both to the imperatives of structural adjustment programs and to the meddling of US-based foundations.113 The Gates Foundation, for its part, invariably acts to steer resources away from community-based holistic doctoring and toward single-disease crash programs, controlled by Western NGOs in collaboration with health-related MNCs. Its approach to diarrhea, which kills upwards of one million infants annually, is a case in point.

The procedures necessary to control diarrhea are not mysterious: clean water and adequate sanitation are essential to prevention, while treatment consists of administering oral rehydration salts (ORS) and zinc supplements to afflicted infants. Chinese “barefoot doctors” achieved steep declines in diarrhea mortality from the 1950s through the 1980s by distributing ORS supplies at the village level and educating families on their importance and proper use.114 Yet while shepherding governments away from investing in the sanitation infrastructure and primary care that have been proven to save lives, BMGF funds and promotes vaccine research, marketing programs administered by NGOs, and “work[ing] with manufacturers and distributors to make ORS and zinc products more attractive to consumers—by improving flavors and repackaging products.”115
Perhaps Bill Gates, who became rich through the expert marketing of inferior software, really believes that poor mothers can’t be relied upon to take an interest in saving their children’s lives unless medicines are advertised like Coca-Cola. But BMGF’s overall stance toward diarrhea, as toward public health in general, reminds us that the attenuation of Third World democracy is far from unwelcome to the rulers. As the educational theorist Robert Arnove has observed, foundations are at bottom

a corrosive influence on a democratic society; they represent relatively unregulated and unaccountable concentrations of power and wealth which buy talent, promote causes, and in effect, establish an agenda of what merits society’s attention. They serve as ‘cooling-out’ agencies, delaying and preventing more radical, structural change. They help maintain an economic and political order, international in scope, which benefits the ruling-class interests of philanthropists.116

Charitable activities that undermine democracy and state sovereignty are immensely useful to the ruling class. Robust, effective social programs in developing countries are an impediment to the current imperial agenda of worldwide expropriation; healthy people, in control of their own destinies and invested in the social well-being of their communities, are better equipped to defend their claim to the wealth they possess and produce. Far better, from the point of view of the Good Club philanthrocapitalists, if the world’s poorest billions remain wholly dependent on a largesse that may be granted or withdrawn at pleasure.

A facelift for the rulers
In the wake of the 2007-08 financial crisis and the subsequent implementation of "austerity" programs worldwide, the super-rich experienced popular anger more directly than at any time since the Great Depression. The masses took to the streets worldwide; the avowedly anti-capitalist Occupy Wall Street movement received extensive and largely favorable press coverage; newspaper columnists openly wondered whether reforms might be needed to save capitalism from itself; Capital and The Communist Manifesto returned to bestseller lists. Particularly worrisome to the mega-rich was the extent to which they themselves, rather than vague complaints about “the system,” became the focus of discontent. Even relatively well-to-do Americans questioned the power and disproportionate wealth controlled by elites, now commonly identified as “the 1 per cent” or the “1 per cent of the 1 per cent.” Confronting widespread hostile scrutiny, the ruling class was in need of a facelift.

BMGF’s publicity operation was quick to respond. The Foundation exploited “multiple messaging avenues for influencing the public narrative” including the creation of “strategic media partners” – ostensibly independent news organizations whose cooperation was ensured via the distribution of $25 million in annual grant money.117 Bill Gates, said to be socially awkward and formerly shy of media attention, was suddenly ubiquitous in the mainstream press. In every interview Gates worked from the same talking points: he had resolved to dedicate “the rest of his life” to assisting the world’s poor; to that end he intended to give away his entire fortune; his uncompromising intelligence and business acumen made him uniquely qualified to wring “more bang for the buck” from philanthropic endeavors; he is nevertheless kindhearted and deeply moved by personal encounters with sick and impoverished children; etc. Invariably he told the suspiciously apposite story of his mother’s deathbed adjuration: “From those to whom much is given, much is expected.”118 At the same time BMGF expanded its online operations, using Twitter and Facebook to disseminate pseudoscientific aperçus and heartwarming images to millions of “followers” worldwide.119

Gates’ willingness to carry the torch for the world’s billionaires reflected an understanding that his Foundation plays an important ideological role within the global capitalist system. Apart from the promotion of specific corporate interests and imperialist strategic aims, BMGF’s expertly publicized activities have the effect of laundering the enormous concentration of wealth in the hands of a few supremely powerful oligarchs. Through stories of Gates’ philanthropy we are assured that our rulers are benevolent, compassionate, and eager to “give back” to the less fortunate; moreover, by leveraging their superior intelligence and technocratic expertise, they are able to transcend the bureaucratic fumblings of state institutions, finding “strategic, market-based solutions” to problems that confound mere democracies. This apotheosis of Western wealth and knowhow works hand-in-hand with an implicit contempt for the sovereignty and competence of poor nations, justifying ever more aggressive imperialist interventions. 120

Thus the Gates Foundation, like the MNCs it so closely resembles, seeks to manufacture consent for its activities through the manipulation of public opinion. Happily, not everyone is fooled: popular resistance to the designs of Big Philanthropy is mounting. The struggle is broad-based, ranging from the women activists who exposed the criminal activities of PATH in India, to the anti-sterilization activities of African-American groups like The Rebecca Project, to the anti-vaccine agitations in Pakistan following the revelation that the CIA had used immunization programs as cover for DNA collection.121 Surely a worldwide campaign to eradicate the toxic philanthropy and infectious propaganda of the Gates Foundation would be in the best traditions of public health.
Belligerent Savant

Postby Joe Hillshoist » Fri May 12, 2023 10:45 pm

stickdog99 » 12 May 2023 07:07 wrote:

Bill Gates also tries to force his shitty vaccines on poor people in non western countries. And he is also buying up millions of acres of US farmland in an attempt to prevent US people from accessing the land for renewable resources like food and wood. And if he gets his way, the only first world problem cunts left on Earth will be his little club of private jet collectors.

You realize this, yet you still seem intent on defending him from "slanted" propaganda, as if he doesn't own the entire apparatus of military intelligence "fact checking" PR.

And yes, you are 100% correct that our most powerful oligarchs fought environmental activism tooth and nail for decades until they managed to successfully coopt the movement and direct its goals toward 100% centralized authoritarian austerity. But that's definitely where we are at this moment. And even though you realize this, useful idiots like you continue to despise your fellow first world cunts for not being sufficiently emissionally austere. Why? Is it really that tough to align yourself with the ignorant first world consumers you so despise even when you know that we have a common arch enemy clearly intent on fucking us all?

Once again, I'll happily support any measures that actually serve to reduce human carbon and nitrogen emissions in any overall manner that do not result in further centralization of power, wealth and control over the masses nor further restrict the rights of the average individual compared to the rights of the elites who are driving the WEF's Net Zero/15 minute cities/CBDCs/total biosecurity awareness/"You will own nothing and be happy" agenda.

You know, just as soon as gourmet foods, private jets, yachts, and military use of fossil fuels are outlawed for everyone, the right to travel is equalized for everyone, and none of the elites currently trying to ram these restrictions down all of our throats with the help of their well-meaning army of jackboot ecobiofascists are allowed to offset any of their own "planet choking" emissions with their overflowing treasure chests of CBDCs.

It's just amazing to me how many people are willing to welcome dystopian authoritarian regulations clearly designed to restrict their own rights and quality of life compared to those of elites if only the cause is marketed to them as somehow virtuous. It's millennialism at its most co-opted since perhaps the Decline and Fall of the Roman Empire. I mean, how can any of our problems have anything to do with the top 0.01% (who obviously need our defense from "biased" critiques) when so many of the bottom 99% of us first world cunts simply refuse to repent?

I mean, even after COVID-19, are you just going to blindly follow whatever the WEF mandates on you to flatten the curve of the evil scourges of carbon-19 and nitrogen-19 simply because you so cherish the indignant environmental self-righteousness that you have so long relished cudgeling your fellow first world cunts with?

For 25 years i've been fighting bushfires and for that entire time conditions have got worse. During that time flooding has got worse and the times between major floods decrease to the point where we get 1 in 1000 year floods every four years.

Also I consider any regime to be a dystopian authoritarian one. i dunno why you lot suddenly think they started with covid. All states are authoritarian and move toward dystopian behaviour over time. But you lot are distracted by covid and have missed other things that happen before it and since that i consider worse. I don't let the state restrict my rights and stop me doing stuff.

You were whinging about covid affecting your job. IE - you're a gutless sook with a job. Live outside the system if you want to criticise it otherwise you're a dilettante talking crap.

You're not in the 99%. Compared to the rest of the world you're in the 1% and cos you don't earn your money outside the law you support the system that keeps the 1% you're a part of in power. BTW - fighting bushfires is volunteer thing I do to keep my community - ie the people I live around - safe, its not a job and I've never been paid to do it.

I don't live in your stupid suburban bullshit world. Right now my roof is a tarp and no government knows my home address. So kindly fuck off with your bullshit.
Joe Hillshoist

Postby stickdog99 » Sat May 13, 2023 2:01 pm

Joe Hillshoist » 13 May 2023 02:45 wrote:
stickdog99 » 12 May 2023 07:07 wrote:

For 25 years i've been fighting bushfires and for that entire time conditions have got worse. During that time flooding has got worse and the times between major floods decrease to the point where we get 1 in 1000 year floods every four years.

Also I consider any regime to be a dystopian authoritarian one. i dunno why you lot suddenly think they started with covid. All states are authoritarian and move toward dystopian behaviour over time. But you lot are distracted by covid and have missed other things that happen before it and since that i consider worse. I don't let the state restrict my rights and stop me doing stuff.

You were whinging about covid affecting your job. IE - you're a gutless sook with a job. Live outside the system if you want to criticise it otherwise you're a dilettante talking crap.

You're not in the 99%. Compared to the rest of the world you're in the 1% and cos you don't earn your money outside the law you support the system that keeps the 1% you're a part of in power. BTW - fighting bushfires is volunteer thing I do to keep my community - ie the people I live around - safe, its not a job and I've never been paid to do it.

I don't live in your stupid suburban bullshit world. Right now my roof is a tarp and no government knows my home address. So kindly fuck off with your bullshit.

I live in an urban, not a suburban world. I used to enjoy the cultural benefits of my urban world. Frankly, I regret not having figured out an exit path from my urban world sooner, but I have never cared about money. I teach people, and I help people to survive and help other people to survive in my urban world almost every day of my life.

I'm not an asshole who constantly expresses vitriol for everybody who does not enjoy the advantages and disadvantages of my personal lifestyle. Unlike you (?), I would like to have a fairer and more just world even for the billions of gutless sooks with jobs.

But thanks for proving my point that you are too invested in cudgeling the billions of gutless sooks with jobs for not finding a way to live outside the system (as so righteously you do) to fully appreciate that the elites who have now co-opted the environmental activist movement to shove centralized dystopian austerity down all of out throats are our common enemy.

And I get it. You don't want to give up the perch of self-righteousness from which you have disdained the teeming mass of gutless consuming sooks for most of your life. Conflating ecological activism with morality is a big part of your haughty perch, and you are not fain to give this up.
stickdog99

Postby Belligerent Savant » Sat May 13, 2023 2:28 pm

With respect to this bit here:

Joe Hillshoist » Fri May 12, 2023 9:45 pm wrote:

Your memory is failing you, or you simply paid little/no attention to what some of us typed here prior to 2020.

Many of us that remain here have been calling out egregious wrongs perpetrated by Empire/regimes since at least 911. While I joined this forum around 2008, I was out there protesting and positioning views against govt overreach/unjust wars well before the date I signed up to RI. Those that called out Covid policies for what they clearly were have operated consistently, for the most part.

As already called out here numerous times: Covid revealed hypocrisy and inconsistency among those that previously claimed to rail against govt overreach; when Covid policies were carried out, a significant count of the ‘anti-fascists’ in this board suddenly submitted or remained quiet when their voices were most needed.

You, Joe — Bushfire fighter and off-grid maven that you are — largely went along with a fair amount of such policies, at least specific to lockdowns, yes? Are you still of the mind that lockdowns were needed, at all? Do you still believe, now, that the ‘emergency’ was as advertised to the people?
Belligerent Savant

Postby stickdog99 » Sat May 13, 2023 3:06 pm

Exactly.

Before COVID-19, all or almost all of us agreed on the basic principles of being against imperialism, against militarism, against authoritarianism, against oligopoly, against environmental destruction, against corporate capture of regulatory agencies, against assassinations and other covert actions, against propaganda, against xenophobia, and against discrimination.

And all or almost all of us were pro-civil liberties, pro-free speech, and pro-bodily autonomy.

But suddenly the specter of COVID made most of those I had previously fought side by side with turn into whole-hearted, even jackbooted champions of school closings, small business closings, lockdowns, mandated experimental medical treatments, mandated face coverings, and especially discrimination against anyone who dared to live outside the COVID system. Suddenly, all almost the leftist "antifascist anarchists" I had fought with turned around on a dime and starting literally worshipping Biosecurity Big Brother. Suddenly, executive dictats that trashed civil liberties while punishing the most disadvantaged minority groups and lining the pockets of our oligarchs with trillions were nothing but clear, patently obvious, "common sense", unquestionably earnest, and wholly beneficent responses to an unfortunate life-or-death crisis that was nobody's fault.

So what happened to

All states are authoritarian and move toward dystopian behaviour over time

???

How did the COVID pandemic (and to a lesser degree Trump & Russiagate) completely erase that entire sentiment from the collective consciousness of my previous political tribe?
stickdog99

Postby Grizzly » Sat May 13, 2023 9:45 pm

How did the COVID pandemic (and to a lesser degree Trump & Russiagate) completely erase that entire sentiment from the collective consciousness of my previous political tribe?

Goddamned good question!?? I'm asking myself the very same. There's got to be some kind of successful mind warp predictive programming going on that we know little about. I personally, stopped watching tel a vision nearly 30 years ago. So maybe that's why I've been able to not get caught up in the sheer lunacy I've seen since, well fuck, truly since Waco/Weaver/OKC/Philadelphia block burn. But it's probably more than that that's going on. I suspect stuff we don't even know about (hidden tech) as well as others we probably do.
I just finished a conversation with a friend, and we agreed. America is over has been for a while. This is NOT the same country I grew up in. To add, How the fuck did they turn the anit-war crowd into pro war!???
“The more we do to you, the less you seem to believe we are doing it.”

― Joseph mengele
Grizzly

Postby stickdog99 » Sun May 14, 2023 9:30 am

Yes. How? Ukrainian flags? Red baiting? 24-7 labeling of any dissent as the Putin-loving work of Russian bots?

And how did coastal urban US liberals go from being against having to show a government ID to vote to volunteering to check government-issued QR codes to let a person gain entrance to their own businesses?
stickdog99

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion