The cure that's worse than the disease

Moderators: Elvis, DrVolin, Jeff

Re: The cure that's worse than the disease

Postby stickdog99 » Sun Apr 12, 2020 5:02 pm

Joe Hillshoist » 09 Apr 2020 11:55 wrote:
Agent Orange Cooper » 09 Apr 2020 15:39 wrote:Good post.

undead » Wed Apr 08, 2020 11:03 pm wrote:The cause of autoimmune disease is unknown to medical science. There are many different manifestations of this phenomenon depending on the part of the body - intestines manifest IBD, neurons manifest MS and autism, skin manifests eczema, rashes, dandruff, and toenail fungus. There is also Celiac disease, Lupus, reumatoid arthritis, and a long list of others. Manifestations can be mild to life-threatening to deadly. Common seasonal allergies are a manifestation of autoimmunity which is basically a catch-all term for any phenomenon involving the immune system getting confused and attacking one's own body. In the absence of a known root cause, the current medical system routinely treats symptoms with drugs that provide temporary relief and then later make the problem worse. First steroids, and when that stops working they give people immune system suppressing drugs to mitigate the dysfunctional action of the immune system.

The grand irony, of course, here being that the primary cause of autoimmune disease is the fucking vaccines.

I often drive by a local county 'health' clinic that has just opened up in my town in a new location. The first thing advertised on the sign is "adult immunizations" and "child vaccines," etc. It's really sinister.

Q: Why are vaccines the [i]sine qua non
of public health? A: Because 'public health' is just eugenics in disguise.

Can you explain how the bolded bit happens?

I think if you understand how vaccines works, you can easily understand how they would would promote autoimmune disease, at least in a certain subpopulation of vulnerable individuals. This effect is well recognized in scientific literature.

Many scientists argue that the "cure" is more than worth the suffering it causes. But I don't know of anybody not paid by they vaccine industry who claims that vaccines cannot cause auto-immune disease effects in at least a small population of vulnerable individuals.
stickdog99

Blog: View Blog (0)

Postby stickdog99 » Sun Apr 12, 2020 5:06 pm

DrEvil » 09 Apr 2020 15:12 wrote:Quick question for undead: if you have an autoimmune disorder wouldn't it be in your interest that everyone else was vaccinated?

How about if "everybody else" includes people whose family member developed autoimmune diseases after vaccination and who have minor symptoms of autoimmune disease (such as arthritis, dandruff, and fingernail pitting) themselves?
stickdog99

Postby stickdog99 » Sun Apr 12, 2020 5:11 pm

undead » 10 Apr 2020 00:40 wrote:
DrEvil wrote:Quick question for undead: if you have an autoimmune disorder wouldn't it be in your interest that everyone else was vaccinated?

When they talk about people with autoimmune disorders being vulnerable to the flu, or COVID19, the reason is that they are assuming the person is on the immune suppressing drugs. If one takes those drugs, one is by definition immune compromised. I do not take those drugs, so when I get a cold I tend to fare much better than the average person who isn't strict with their diet and doesn't take immune system supplements all the time like I do. My condition requires a variety of medicines and therapeutic practices constantly and consistently, and that usually covers me for infectious diseases as well. I noticed the difference between myself and other coworkers when I worked in a supermarket last year and everyone got the same cold. Other people I lived with also had the cold for over a week, while I only had symptoms for 1 or 2 days.

If everyone is vaccinated against everything, their health will be destroyed and it would not be beneficial to anyone. It is really impossible to vaccinate against everything - there will always be new things popping up that will not be covered take advantage of weakened immune systems. It is likely that vaccination in moderation could be used without causing intense harm, if we had a medical system that would treat people as individuals and do a cost/benefit analysis for each of the 50 vaccines that are now being pushed. But giving individual consideration would take time and energy, and money to pay medical workers. Instead, the system would like to just pump newborn children full of all of them, as fast as possible, regardless of the damage done. That is the real issue, and it is unfortunate that the issue is so overly simplified in public discussion.

Your evenhanded calls for individual vaccines to be subject to scientific analysis and cost benefit justification prove that you are yet another victim of anti-vax woo.
stickdog99

Postby DrEvil » Sun Apr 12, 2020 5:21 pm

stickdog99 » Sun Apr 12, 2020 11:06 pm wrote:
DrEvil » 09 Apr 2020 15:12 wrote:Quick question for undead: if you have an autoimmune disorder wouldn't it be in your interest that everyone else was vaccinated?

How about if "everybody else" includes people whose family member developed autoimmune diseases after vaccination and who have minor symptoms of autoimmune disease (such as arthritis, dandruff, and fingernail pitting) themselves?

My question would be the same.

How do you know it was the vaccine? Dandruff happens to half of all adults and rheumatoid arthritis was first described in 1800, long before vaccines were developed (not counting traditional Chinese medicine).
"I only read American. I want my fantasy pure." - Dave
DrEvil

Postby stickdog99 » Sun Apr 12, 2020 5:23 pm

undead » 10 Apr 2020 21:39 wrote:
Joe Hillshoist » Thu Apr 09, 2020 7:55 am wrote:
Agent Orange Cooper » 09 Apr 2020 15:39 wrote:Good post.

[...]

The grand irony, of course, here being that the primary cause of autoimmune disease is the fucking vaccines.

I often drive by a local county 'health' clinic that has just opened up in my town in a new location. The first thing advertised on the sign is "adult immunizations" and "child vaccines," etc. It's really sinister.

Q: Why are vaccines the [i]sine qua non
of public health? A: Because 'public health' is just eugenics in disguise.

Can you explain how the bolded bit happens?

There has to be something other than just vaccination causing autoimmunity, because practically everyone gets *some* vaccines. Exposure to heavy metals definitely contributes, Lyme disease can trigger it, anything that chronically throws off homeostasis in the body can contribute. The most likely answer is that there are many different causes, and that the issue is made a lot worse by vaccination, and especially excessive vaccination.

For example, when I was a child I had sever sneezing fits when I woke up in the morning. In retrospect this was probably caused by chemical laundry detergent an other household cleaners. But my parents followed the advice of the medical system and sent me to an allergist who prescribed allergy immunizations. This practice is going out of fashion I think, replaced with "oral immunotherapy" in which you get an acid tab of the antigen on your tongue instead of getting injected. The idea is that you are vaccinated against common seasonal and other allergies like animal dander, dust mites, mold, pollen, etc.

When I was a kid I got injected with that shit 3 days a week, for years on end. Then as an adult I contracted Lyme borelliosis with Babesia, which progressed to a severe case that infected my nervous system. The mainstream medical system will have you on Doxycycline pills for months on end, longer than necessary, because the pathogen hibernates in a way that protects it from the antibiotic. The only way to clear out the encysted spirochetes and have an effect on the central nervous system is to do IV antibiotic treatment. I was fortunate enough to manage to get it covered by insurance at the time, but once the word about it got out it became impossible to get that treatment without paying 10s of thousands of dollars out of pocket. Those drugs are the last line of defense against drug resistant bacteria like MRSA and so there is actually a legitimate public health reason that they should not be used unless absolutely necessary.

On top of all that, the medical system is totally inept at addressing the gut microbiome effects of antibiotics and other drugs. Eating yogurt and sauerkraut is not enough, you need medical grade supplements with high populations during the treatment and then natural probiotics once the treatment is over. I had to learn that the hard way because nobody told me. Many people also told me that gluten would make autoimmune symptoms worse, and I couldn't bring myself to break the addiction in spite of being open minded to the possibility that was true. One time I ate a lot of rich German whole grain bread and I had an episode in which I could have actually died, and that was the beginning of my bowel problems. It took me years to get into a situation in which I could break the gluten addiction. It works on the same endorphin receptors as opioids, and cheese too.

Giving up gluten was a milestone in putting my disease into remission, just as necessary as the medical cannabis. In addition to those measures, I also had 3 mercury fillings safely removed which made a significant change for the better. So these are all things I can say from experience that definitely make it worse.

I highly doubt that there is one single primary cause of autoimmunity. It is basically like the "Shit Is Fucked Up And Bullshit" occupy protestor of the human body. The major elephant in the room is the gut microbiome, though. It is something like 80% of the immune system that is mediated via the gut biome, so considering how polluted the food supply is, none of this should be a surprise. Saying that the vaccines "cause" the problem is falling into the trap of the false narrative. It is a complex phenomenon that very obviously can be made much worse by vaccination. And since autoimmunity is under-diagnosed and can only be identified when sever symptoms manifest, that is a reason for everyone to be cautious about vaccinations and only take the ones that they really need.

Yes to all of this.

And multi-vial annual flu vaccines (which is basically all you ever find in the USA) contain ethyl mercury as well. And most currently mandatory vaccines contain aluminum adjuvants. And 95% of the US tap water is spiked with fluoride that cannot removed by any process short of reverse osmosis. And even more fluoride is in our toothpaste and at the offices of all of our dentists. And our artificial turf playgrounds are covered in ground up used tires, and ...
stickdog99

Postby stickdog99 » Sun Apr 12, 2020 5:28 pm

DrEvil » 12 Apr 2020 21:21 wrote:
stickdog99 » Sun Apr 12, 2020 11:06 pm wrote:

My question would be the same.

How do you know it was the vaccine? Dandruff happens to half of all adults and rheumatoid arthritis was first described in 1800, long before vaccines were developed (not counting traditional Chinese medicine).

So every vaccine is a good vaccine by definition. Except for who?

I, like most medical professionals if they were given a choice, would prefer to take my chances with the annual flu season than with annual flu vaccines. You, on the other hand, are totally free to line up for your annual talisjab.
Last edited by stickdog99 on Sun Apr 12, 2020 5:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
stickdog99

Postby stickdog99 » Sun Apr 12, 2020 5:38 pm

liminalOyster » 11 Apr 2020 19:15 wrote:Interesting to me that, at a personal, social and anecdotal level (mostly among well-resourced, educated, white people), autoimmunity, although it has some clear heritable component, is so well understood to be caused by protracted trauma. And it's if, as though suddenly, the status quo is trying to come up with words to explain that simply being BPOC, poor, etc is a state of protracted trauma.

And I think that may be the "eugenics" component of our vaccination culture. Stress of all sorts, including immunological stress, is tolerated better by infants whose parents and grandparents never faced food insecurity, for example. So old money wins.
stickdog99

Postby identity » Sun Apr 12, 2020 7:18 pm

Ok. So due diligence... @ both of you.... did you/are you researching the OALibJ to determine it's credibility? Did you/are you researching ResearchGate to determine it's credibility? Have you taken a closer look at John Oller? Have you read the addendum to the HCG paper? https://www.researchgate.net/publicatio ... _hCG_Paper If so, did that lead you to do any further reading?

I just spent an hour looking through this, not nearly enough to get clarity on this, but certainly enough to raise red flags and want more information. I have plenty of sympathy for the work involved in trying to sort this sort of thing out, but there really is no substitute. So I am just curious if you at least made some sort of cursory effort.

Yes, I followed some of the links and read the hCG and Addendum papers. Due to his physical proximity, my attention was drawn (/diverted) to one of the co-authors of those papers, Christopher A. Shaw, and his very interesting book chapter, Aluminum as a CNS and Immune System Toxin Across the Life Span, in the 2018 Springer volume, Neurotoxicity of Aluminum. Here are some excerpts:

4.4.2 Autoimmunity

Briefly stated, autoimmune disorders arise when an individual’s own immune system
generates antibodies that attack healthy tissues rather than the invading
pathogens.

Autoimmune reactions can also cause the abnormal growth of tissues and a variety
of dysfunctional states. Examples of organ systems that can be affected include
blood cells and vessels, connective tissues and joints, skin and muscles, the endocrine
system, and, of particular interest in what follows, the CNS.

Close to 100 autoimmune disorders are now recognized, with more added to the
list every year. Well-known autoimmune disorders include systemic lupus erythematosus
(SLE), celiac disease, rheumatoid arthritis, type 1 diabetes, and a host of
other lesser-known disorders. In the CNS, autoimmune disorders include multiple
sclerosis, Guillain–Barré syndrome, and myasthenia gravis.

Autoimmune disorders can have multisystem impacts, and individuals can have
more than one such disorder at the same time. Likely examples of multisystem syndromes
include fibromyalgia, chronic fatigue syndrome, and the emerging syndrome
termed “autoimmune syndrome/inflammatory syndrome induced by
adjuvants” ASIA. Gulf War syndrome, which in many cases includes clearly negative
impacts on the CNS [32], likely also reflects a multisystem autoimmune disorder
of the ASIA type. As cited above, MMF is triggered by aluminum adjuvants and
leads to clear changes in cortical function in the form of MCI. The observation that
aluminum salts can themselves be antigenic lends support to the notion that MMF
may have autoimmune as well as inflammatory features [51] and places it firmly
within the ASIA spectrum of disorders.

The link between abnormal immune system function and ASD is illustrated in
Table 4.3.

It should be mentioned that the potential link between the various autoimmune/
inflammatory CNS disorders and adjuvants, particularly aluminum adjuvants in
vaccines, has led some investigators to question whether these disorders actually
exist [60]. Such views sometimes appear to reflect more the perceived need to provide
continued public assurance about vaccine safety, rather than any actual reservations
about whether such disorders are aluminum-induced and/or autoimmune in
nature.

The precise mechanisms of action of aluminum adjuvants are still being resolved
almost 90 years after their introduction [44]. Whatever else one wishes to say about
the role of aluminum adjuvants in autoimmune disorders, aluminum is distinctly not
inert, nor are the cumulative amounts received necessarily trivial for CNS health, as
detailed above. Indeed, as discussed in the present section, the interactions between
the immune and nervous systems virtually ensure that adjuvant aluminum will
impact both, even if the intent is only to modify the former.

Autoimmune disorders often display differences based on sex. For example,
multiple sclerosis [103], MMF [115], and ASIA in general [159] appear much more
often in women than in men (3.2:1; 7:3; 7:3, respectively), a point of some relevance
to ASD which mostly occurs in males. Many autoimmune disorders also show an
age window, that is, a particular range of ages during which they are most likely to
arise. The underlying reasons for both of these observations are unclear.

4.4.5 Pathogen and Aluminum Activation of the Immune
System in Relation to the CNS

Repeated administration of bacterial and viral antigenic protein fragments, many of
which are adsorbed to adjuvant aluminum salts, is clearly analogous both in nature
and timing to peripheral immune stimulation with microbial mimetics in experimental
animals during early periods of developmental vulnerability. If administered
during these periods (including early postnatal life), such potent immune stimuli
can not only produce adverse neurodevelopmental outcomes in these animals but
can also permanently impair immune responses to subsequent immune challenges
later in life [14, 49]. These MIA outcomes can have profound effects, some of which
are linked to ASD.

Many cytokines induced as part of an immune response, including those arising
from adjuvants, can act as “endogenous pyrogens”; that is, they can induce a rapid-onset
fever by acting directly on the hypothalamus, without the need for the formation
of another cytokine (i.e., IL-1β, IL-6, TNF-α) [9, 10, 27, 34]. While transient fever is
an essential component of the early immune response to infection, a prolonged febrile
response is a hallmark of many inflammatory and autoimmune diseases [34].
Fever-promoting cytokines produced in peripheral tissues by immune stimulation
can enter the brain by way of the circumventricular organs (CVOs) [34]. CVOs
are structures in the brain with an extensive vasculature and are among the few sites
devoid of protection by the blood–brain barrier. They provide one link between the
CNS and peripheral blood flow and thus are an integral part of neuroendocrine
function.

The absence of a blood–brain barrier to CVO molecule release allows the CVOs
to provide an alternative means for the release of hormones and various peptides
from the CNS into peripheral circulation. As well, the structural connections now
demonstrated between the lymphatic system and the CNS only add to the potential
for immune–CNS bidirectional ingress [87]. In this context, persistent inflammation
of the CNS appears to play a prominent role in neurodevelopmental and neurodegenerative
disorders [2, 89, 104, 145].

4.5 Summary and Final Considerations

The data cited in the above sections clearly shows that aluminum, far from being
either inert or safe, is actually “insidiously unsafe” [76] in any of its manifestations
or routes of ingress into the bodies of humans or animals [125]. In adult humans or
animals, the impacts include those of various organ systems, particularly the CNS
and immune system, and can lead to a variety of multisystem disorders. In children,
especially early in CNS development, exposure to aluminum from various sources,
possibly significantly from vaccines containing aluminum adjuvants, may have profound
deleterious consequences. One of these consequences may be ASD.
We live in a period described by some authors as the “age of aluminum.”
Aluminum, once relatively inaccessible in the biosphere, has become ubiquitous.
Given the dangers that elemental aluminum poses to the various organ systems, it
would behoove us to limit our exposures to this toxic element in food, water, cosmetics,
and various medicinal products, including in vaccines.

I have not yet come across WHO's admission re: "sterility vaccines," so the enquiry will continue as time allows.
identity

Postby stickdog99 » Sun Apr 12, 2020 7:48 pm

Shaw is a neurotoxicologist by trade. Had he confined himself strictly to this field of inquiry, he would be a largely unknown but reasonably successful academic. Unfortunately for him, he committed the cardinal sin of considering the implications of his work vis a vis the Holy of Holies, aka The Sacrosanct Monolith of Vaccination.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2819810/

He is now very high on the Public Enemy list, and every single one of his scientific papers has been given the Brian Deer treatment by the Online Vaccine Orthodoxy Police, as far as I can tell.
stickdog99

Postby Harvey » Sun Apr 12, 2020 10:07 pm

What does anyone know about this chap Harry Vox?

And while we spoke of many things, fools and kings
This he said to me
"The greatest thing
You'll ever learn
Is just to love
And be loved
In return"

Eden Ahbez
Harvey

Blog: View Blog (20)

Postby undead » Sun Apr 12, 2020 10:39 pm

stickdog99 wrote:Your evenhanded calls for individual vaccines to be subject to scientific analysis and cost benefit justification prove that you are yet another victim of anti-vax woo.

Woo-hoo. A medical system that wasn't built with human extraction industry would be great. Giving people a choice in what kind of treatment they get instead of a pharmaceutical police state. Treating people like individuals with rights instead of livestock animals. Unfortunately you have to create an environment for yourself (and your friends and families) in which to do that because the industrial system won't have it, and it is expensive to be independent. There is no point in arguing with people about why they shouldn't trust the pharmaceutical industry, there is too much fear. People have to learn the hard way, that is what we are seeing now. Gaslighting will be 20/20 in hindsight once all the people trusting the pharmaceutical industry get killed off. Hopefully people will be able to organize into situations to avoid forced treatments.

I think the idea of autoimmunity caused by generalized, protracted trauma is as close as you can get to a an accurate explanation. The interaction between various traumas would be a good direction for research - chemical contaminatino as trauma, physical, psychological trauma, and stress. Aluminum is still in all tooth fillings I think, even the ceramic ones that replaced mercury. Who is to say that those are acceptable either, even if they are an improvement on mercury. There are so many traumas to count.
┌∩┐(◕_◕)┌∩┐
undead

Blog: View Blog (1)

Postby Elvis » Mon Apr 13, 2020 12:59 am

Harvey » Sun Apr 12, 2020 7:07 pm wrote:What does anyone know about this chap Harry Vox?

Seems his real name is Harry Stuckey.

"New Yorker Harry Stuckey is a writer, artist, musician, educator, journalist and activist."
http://www.harrystuckey.com/

That one-page site links to: http://voxnews.com/

Can't quite get a read from my cursory look, but he's a busy man.
“The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists.” ― Joan Robinson
Elvis

Postby 0_0 » Mon Apr 13, 2020 3:48 am

Very interesting article about 'Vaccines as instruments of foreign policy' from 2001; although i think you need to read between the lines a little to get the full meaning: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC1084093/ It also boasts one of the more inane statistical conclusions imo, see if you can spot it. The picture of the author at the end is the cherry on the cake for me.

I also came across this interesting video:
playmobil of the gods
0_0

Postby undead » Tue Apr 28, 2020 9:21 pm

When it comes to my own autoimmune illness, I take an integrated approach that usually includes the least technological manipulation that I can get away with. Plant based medicines are not always effective in an extreme crisis, so when I need to and it makes sense I am not dogmatically opposed to something less "natural". In order to repair intestinal porosity caused by Lyme disease and (more so, probably) the aftermath of intensive antibiotics, I was prescribed this product which consists of immunoglobulins extracted from cow colostrum. I am not promoting this product, it is only available with an informal non-prescription from a doctor who participates with the company. The product is technically a "functional food" meaning a food that can legally make a health claim without being regulated as a drug by the FDA. The doctor who prescribed it to me said that in his experience it would only work after cutting out gluten entirely (for a whole month and forever afterwards) and also required medical cannabis with equal proportions THC and CBD. The website for this company lists participating practitioners. I paid significant money out of pocket to get this information during a serious health crisis, so, you're welcome.

https://www.xymogen.com/formulas/products/81

IgG 2000 CWP™ is an immunoglobulin concentrate derived from colostral whey peptides. It delivers natural immunoglobulins (standardized to a minimum of 40% IgG), bioactive proteins, and growth factors. These components support immune function, healthy cytokine activity, gut barrier function, and gastrointestinal health and tissue repair. Advanced coagulation and filtration techniques make IgG 2000 CWP a unique, GRAS formula that is superior in its bioactive composition and its purity.*

*These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. These products are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Now the product claims to contain "natural" immunoglobulins, which probably sounds sketchy to most people. Doesn't sound very natural, does it. Unless you take a look at what the more mainstream, government supported, insurance company promoted alternative consists of. H.P. Lovecraft, if only you were still here to write the ad copy.

Definition of Chimeric Monoclonal Antibody

What is a chimeric antibody? Chimeric antibodies are structural chimeras made by fusing variable regions from one species like a mouse, with the constant regions from another species such as a human being. Chimerization of antibodies is a necessary process to reduce immunogenicity and increase serum half-life when preparing monoclonal antibodies (mAbs) for therapeutic purposes.

Researchers could change the constant regions from one species to another, as well as change from one subtype to another subtype within the same species. However, making it happen is not as straight and could be fairly challenging.

Sino Biological has genetically manipulated many antibodies by switching antibody's constant regions to meet certain desired features. Our experience covers not only human and mouse antibodies, but also rabbit, rat, canine antibodies. Our professional scientists are at your service to support your chimeric antibody production.

Chimeric antibodies can be generated by fairly straightforward genetic engineering, by joining the immunoglobulin (Ig) variable regions of a selected mouse hybridoma to human Ig constant regions, and be used as such or as a first stage towards further humanization.

First, the spleen containing B cells from an immunized mouse is collected. The B cells are fused with myeloma [CANCER] cells to construct hybridoma and isolate a clone producing antigen-specific IgG. The DNA sequences coding mouse VH and VL are then isolated from the clone, as well as the DNA sequences coding human immunoglobulin constant regions from human cells. Mouse/human chimeric genes are constructed by genetic engineering and transfected into mammalian cells. Finally, the clone revealing a high level expression of chimeric IgG is selected and the IgGs are purified from the culture supernatant.

Chimeric monoclonal antibodies are very important and powerful for uses in therapeutics and immunoassays. For in vitro applications such as Immunohistochemistry studies or ELISA assay development, switching the antibody constant regions to match the species of the host or secondary antibody could significantly reduce the background staining.

After the FDA approval of rituximab, two additional chimeric antibodies, cetuximab and dinutuximab, reached the market for oncology indications. Cetuximab was generated by immunizing mice with purified EGFR and replacing the mouse constant domains of the mouse antibody 225 with those of human IgG1. The chimeric molecule, named C225, showed around five-fold higher affinity and increased tumor growth reduction than the parental mouse antibody.

Dinutuximab was developed from a murine antibody specific for GD2. The chimeric molecule (ch14.18), also a human IgG1, showed identical binding as the murine IgG2a antibody but, the ADCC was 50-fold to 100-fold higher than the parental mouse antibody when using human effector cells. Therefore, in addition to rendering less immunogenic molecules, chimerization overcame some of the drawbacks of the early murine monoclonal antibodies by generating therapeutic molecules with the same or improved affinity than the parental mouse antibodies but with enhanced effector functions.

https://www.sinobiological.com/resource ... l-antibody

Here is a popular example of an FDA approved drug made from chimeric monoclonal antibodies:

MPORTANT SAFETY INFORMATION ABOUT HUMIRA® (adalimumab)
What is the most important information I should know about HUMIRA?

You should discuss the potential benefits and risks of HUMIRA with your doctor. HUMIRA is a TNF [Tumor Necrosis Factor] blocker medicine that can lower the ability of your immune system to fight infections. You should not start taking HUMIRA if you have any kind of infection unless your doctor says it is okay.

Serious infections have happened in people taking HUMIRA. These serious infections include tuberculosis (TB) and infections caused by viruses, fungi, or bacteria that have spread throughout the body. Some people have died from these infections. Your doctor should test you for TB before starting HUMIRA, and check you closely for signs and symptoms of TB during treatment with HUMIRA, even if your TB test was negative. If your doctor feels you are at risk, you may be treated with medicine for TB.

Cancer.

For children and adults taking TNF blockers, including HUMIRA, the chance of getting lymphoma or other cancers may increase. There have been cases of unusual cancers in children, teenagers, and young adults using TNF blockers. Some people have developed a rare type of cancer called hepatosplenic T-cell lymphoma. This type of cancer often results in death. If using TNF blockers including HUMIRA, your chance of getting two types of skin cancer (basal cell and squamous cell) may increase. These types are generally not life-threatening if treated; tell your doctor if you have a bump or open sore that doesn’t heal.

[...]

HUMIRA can cause serious side effects, including:

Serious infections. These include TB and infections caused by viruses, fungi, or bacteria. Symptoms related to TB include a cough, low-grade fever, weight loss, or loss of body fat and muscle.
Hepatitis B infection in carriers of the virus. Symptoms include muscle aches, feeling very tired, dark urine, skin or eyes that look yellow, little or no appetite, vomiting, clay-colored bowel movements, fever, chills, stomach discomfort, and skin rash.
Allergic reactions. Symptoms of a serious allergic reaction include hives, trouble breathing, and swelling of your face, eyes, lips, or mouth.
Nervous system problems. Signs and symptoms include numbness or tingling, problems with your vision, weakness in your arms or legs, and dizziness.
Blood problems (decreased blood cells that help fight infections or stop bleeding). Symptoms include a fever that does not go away, bruising or bleeding very easily, or looking very pale.
Heart failure (new or worsening). Symptoms include shortness of breath, swelling of your ankles or feet, and sudden weight gain.
Immune reactions including a lupus-like syndrome. Symptoms include chest discomfort or pain that does not go away, shortness of breath, joint pain, or rash on your cheeks or arms that gets worse in the sun.
Liver problems. Symptoms include feeling very tired, skin or eyes that look yellow, poor appetite or vomiting, and pain on the right side of your stomach (abdomen). These problems can lead to liver failure and death.
Psoriasis (new or worsening). Symptoms include red scaly patches or raised bumps that are filled with pus.

Common side effects of HUMIRA include injection site reactions (pain, redness, rash, swelling, itching, or bruising), upper respiratory infections (sinus infections), headaches, rash, and nausea. These are not all of the possible side effects with HUMIRA. Tell your doctor if you have any side effect that bothers you or that does not go away.

https://www.humira.com/

So the drug is made by taking B cells from the spleen of a lab animal and fusing them with cancer cells, and then extracting the antibodies that are produced, and a side effect of the drug is to give the patient cancer of the liver and spleen. That seems to make sense, even to my non-expert opinion. There are also proprietary aspects to producing the final product that nobody knows about. This drug is heavily advertised on television and available at Walmart. Since I was fortunate enough to go to the right doctor, I opted for the cow colostrum extract, which had no noticable side effects, unless you count the giving up gluten and using cannabis. Giving up gluten is an opioid withdrawal experience and is not easy, but in terms of taking the colostrum powder I didn't notice anything. Also the colostrum is meant to be taken for 6-9 months and then discontinued. For me it had a permanent effect, and I stopped passing undigested food in my stool.

Case study up next...
┌∩┐(◕_◕)┌∩┐
undead

Postby undead » Tue Apr 28, 2020 9:26 pm

I'm 17, and Medical Marijuana Is Keeping Me Alive

When Crohn’s disease left 14-year-old Coltyn fighting for his life, he turned to alternative medicine. Leaving his mom and siblings in Illinois, he and his dad set out to Colorado in hopes of accessing medical marijuana.

“We put them in the car with cash and clothes and said ‘go find something,’” remembers Wendy, Coltyn’s mom. “They were just going to visit. We didn’t know exactly what we were going to do. We were lost and scared. We just knew we had no other option.”

Coltyn had been battling Crohn’s disease for three years. In 2011, he experienced a near-death drowning in a lake while attending a Boy Scout outing. Shortly after the incident, he became ill with a bacterial infection. Suddenly his health worsened. In 2012, Coltyn visited the Mayo Clinic, where he was given an official diagnosis of Crohn’s.

So began his journey of intense medications and treatments. Coltyn tried Asacol, then Entocort, but experienced no symptom relief. His symptoms became so harsh that he withdrew from all social interactions and activities. He was constantly weak and in intense pain.

The next treatment he tried was Remicade infusions. After six treatments, Coltyn developed rheumatoid arthritis, drug-induced lupus, and serum sickness, which occurs when the body makes antibodies against a medication.

Consequently, his doctor switched him to methotrexate, which caused nosebleeds and for Coltyn’s face to become swollen. He moved onto prednisone, but developed common symptoms, including fatigue, joint pain, and bone deterioration.

Humira was the next option. With hesitation, his parents agreed. But after a scare that he had contracted tuberculosis or T-cell lymphoma, Coltyn stopped Humira. At this point, he was underweight, weak, and unable to walk or stand for longer than five minutes. He used a wheelchair to go anywhere.

Coltyn was given three treatment options: Cimzia, which carries similar risks to Humira; surgery to remove his diseased bowel, which would leave him with a colostomy bag for the rest of his life; or alternative medicine.

That was when his family began contemplating cannabis as a potential treatment. “Everything I had tried up to that point made me sick or caused serious side effects,” Coltyn says. “I didn’t have much to lose.”

Coltyn and his parents researched cannabis as much as possible. They found a study from IsraelTrusted Source that reported smoking marijuana could help people with Crohn’s disease.

“I wasn’t going to smoke, but when my parents told me that from what they knew, cannabis oil doesn’t have any known side effects, I was on board,” says Coltyn. “Before we looked into cannabis, I was just told it was bad and that I should stay away from it. But I had faith in my parents. They had seen me go through so much.”

At that time, medical use of cannabis had been legalized in Colorado. However, Crohn’s disease wasn’t one of the qualifying diseases. Still, symptoms that Coltyn was experiencing did qualify.

In order for pediatric patients to receive a medical marijuana card, they must be examined by two doctors. After searching for the best doctors, Coltyn became the first registered pediatric medical marijuana user for Crohn’s disease in Colorado.

With no known dosage for his condition, Coltyn’s dad experimented with adding cannabis oil to brownies.

“After the first few weeks, I started feeling better,” Coltyn says. “But I will never touch a brownie again, whether it’s medicated or not. I had to eat about two every day for a month.”

Eventually, Coltyn’s dad connected with a caregiver. The caregiver didn’t know much about Crohn’s disease, so Coltyn had to figure out his own dosages through trial and error. The family kept a journal about how Coltyn reacted to each dosage, and adjusted accordingly.

They determined that he needs a 1:1 ratio of tetrahydrocannabinol (THC) and cannabidiol (CBD). They found that putting the combination in a capsule was the best method to get the medicine to his gut.

“After the first three years of pharmaceutical medication, all the doctors were trying to do was mask my disease. I really wanted to find a solution that would help me, and cannabis not only relieved the pain, but it also relieved the inflammation in my intestines and stopped my Crohn’s from having flares,” explains Coltyn. “Now nutrients I eat are absorbed, so I have energy and can grow.”

After taking cannabis for seven months, Coltyn had a colonoscopy. It showed no active Crohn’s disease, no ulcers, and no inflammation. And all biopsies and blood work came back healthy. Three years later, this is still the case.

Coltyn rates his pain levels at a 1 compared to his pre-cannabis days, when it remained at a constant 6 or 7. He’s gained weight and is active.

Due to the success, his family permanently moved to Colorado six months after Coltyn and his dad ventured there.

To figure out the amount that helps him — but doesn’t make him high — Coltyn says he took the smallest amount he could. He raised it slowly up to just before the point that it would.

“A lot of people think there are only psychological effects to cannabis and it’s all about intoxication,” says Coltyn. “That can absolutely be the case sometimes. THC is intoxicating and enough can get you high. But that isn’t ever my intention.”

“I’m always below that point and I never get high. I may technically be under the influence, but never intoxicated.”

“Taking cannabis is the most relaxing and Zen treatment he has ever done,” says Wendy, who notes that the pharmaceuticals her son took in the past — including morphine, Dilaudid, OxyContin, and Tylenol 3 — were harsher on his body. “Because we’ve seen him on so many pharmaceuticals, and we researched the fact that cannabis wasn’t going to kill his liver or kidneys, or give him all these horrible side effects he had experienced, we weren’t afraid.”

Early on, Coltyn’s parents were told by GI doctors that they’d report them to Child Protective Services if they continued cannabis use.

“After my colonoscopy showed how healthy I was, and the fact that I’ve stayed so for so long, that certainly changed,” says Coltyn.

After seeing Coltyn’s success with cannabis, he says his GI doctor accepts that it may be working. In fact, when other patients ask her about cannabis, she refers them to Wendy.

Still, when Coltyn sees his GI doctor, he’ll show her what dosages he’s taking. “But she can’t even hold the bottle,” says Wendy. “She can get into a lot of trouble for that. And that needs to stop. GI doctors, epilepsy, and cancer doctors need access to the ability to understand and research this and prescribe it without fear of retribution or losing their license.”

Coltyn and his family take this to heart. They teamed up with #illegallyhealed and Bulldozer Health to speak to legislators in Washington, D.C. They’ve testified for numerous bills in Illinois and Colorado, and have helped with legalization efforts across the United States, including in Arkansas, Missouri, Nevada, Oklahoma, and South Dakota, Nevada.

“We want people to know this is not about getting high,” says Wendy. “This is a medicine and people in illegal states are dying. Health shouldn’t matter what zip code you’re in. It’s not fair for kids like Coltyn who had to pick up from their town and move.”

Coltyn advocates on an individual basis, too, with his initiative Coltyn’s Crue.

“I’ve talked to people around the world about cannabis, and have been to countless camps for kids with Crohn’s disease who don’t even know what the word ‘remission’ is,” says Coltyn. “It feels amazing to explain what cannabis is, how it can help and change their lives.”

https://www.healthline.com/health/crohn ... me-alive#8
┌∩┐(◕_◕)┌∩┐
undead

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion