Bet on Dem VP! (Switches to: "Spring 2020 Riots Thread")

Moderators: Elvis, DrVolin, Jeff

Who will be the actual Democratic candidate?

Sen. Harris
12%
Sen. Klobuchar
No votes
Sen. Warren
4%
Stacey Abrams
4%
Michelle Obama
16%
Secretary Clinton
16%
Gov. Whitmer
4%
Other VP candidate (click this and specify below)
12%
Brokered convention surprise: Other (click and specify)
12%
Rope-a-dope: Biden implodes, Sanders re-emerges
20%

Total votes : 25

Bet on Dem VP! (Switches to: "Spring 2020 Riots Thread")

Postby JackRiddler » Mon Apr 13, 2020 2:13 pm

Premises:

1. The one they call Biden is actually in the state we all see him being in.

2. The Biden Handlers, the ones who engineered the rapid shock-and-awe transmutation of this walking-talking meatpuppet into the presumptive nominee, are bloody well aware of that. They also know they will be unable to command denial of it forever.

3. Thus, the soon to be announced VP candidate is the actual presidential candidate, and will very likely become that before November or, if a series of miracles should bring Biden to victory over Trump, within the year 2021.

So you are asked to predict. Not what you want, but what you expect. A bet. For entertainment purposes.

EDIT, 29 MAY: On user request, the original title has been changed because, starting around page 6, this transformed into a discussion about the police killing of George Floyd (the connection being Amy Klobuchar) and subsequent events in Minneapolis and elsewhere.
We meet at the borders of our being, we dream something of each others reality. - Harvey of R.I.

To Justice my maker from on high did incline:
I am by virtue of its might divine,
The highest Wisdom and the first Love.

TopSecret WallSt. Iraq & more
JackRiddler

Blog: View Blog (0)

Re: Pool: Who Is the Actual Democratic Candidate?

Postby stickdog99 » Mon Apr 13, 2020 4:47 pm

Best case scenario, IMO,(assuming that the Democratic party power brokers actually want to beat Trump) would be a fresh face governor without much baggage.
stickdog99

Postby Grizzly » Mon Apr 13, 2020 5:21 pm

Pool: Who Is the Actual Democratic Candidate?

Pool? As in cesspool?...lol

“The more we do to you, the less you seem to believe we are doing it.”

― Joseph mengele
Grizzly

Postby Joe Hillshoist » Mon Apr 13, 2020 9:24 pm

Its obviously gonna be Clinton.
Joe Hillshoist

Postby JackRiddler » Mon Apr 13, 2020 11:12 pm

Interesting. One reason I posted this was to see if people thought Clinton, which many do. My guess is no way.
We meet at the borders of our being, we dream something of each others reality. - Harvey of R.I.

JackRiddler

Postby Grizzly » Mon Apr 13, 2020 11:47 pm

No, I don't believe it will not be Clinton, just as Poppy bush stepped aside, so will she. However, I'm sure it's to be as you set in the pool, in that of, 'Brokered convention surprise: Other', etc...

Of which I have no clue, but I’m sure if it's not A.Cuomo, we'll find out!
“The more we do to you, the less you seem to believe we are doing it.”

― Joseph mengele
Grizzly

Postby liminalOyster » Tue Apr 14, 2020 1:06 am

Whoopi Goldberg
"It's not rocket surgery." - Elvis
liminalOyster

Postby Joe Hillshoist » Tue Apr 14, 2020 2:15 am

[background=][/background]
JackRiddler » 14 Apr 2020 13:12 wrote:Interesting. One reason I posted this was to see if people thought Clinton, which many do. My guess is no way.

On the fact of it Clinton seems a ridiculous choice but you should never underestimate hubris.
Joe Hillshoist

Postby overcoming hope » Tue Apr 14, 2020 2:37 am

my guess is for Harris seems like a team player, but mainly my guess is because she was one of the first to drop out.

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/biden- ... ala-harris

The former vice president responded in kind, praising Harris for running a “helluva race” and reminding attendees that “we go back a long way,” a reference to Harris’ friendship with Biden’s late son, Beau. Harris was California’s attorney general at the same time that Beau Biden held the post in Delaware.

Seemingly teasing the running mate chatter, Biden added: “I’m so lucky to have you be a part of this partnership going forward. Working together, we can make a great deal of progress. ... I’m coming for you, kid.”
overcoming hope

Postby JackRiddler » Tue Apr 14, 2020 12:40 pm

I am currently on "Other VP candidate."

They, the Biden campaign and whoever's among the handlers behind the scenes,* are still dangling prospects of Warren or Abrams, which I think is purely a matter of pandering to key demographics. That's very hard to imagine when the club's ownership includes Bloomberg and Dimon. Warren, especially, who stands for anti-Wall Street however fake she may be. (Abrams's group has taken Bloomberg money.) I think either one would be a signal that they intend to lose, but with dignity, ha ha. Harris and Klob are supposed to be the insider, ideologically reliable choices, the smart-money bets. A horrible minor Democratic insider who correctly tipped me off to the Tim Kaine choice months in advance of the 2016 convention is signalling Klob. But in truth both are old news and very weak also-rans. Leaving aside some who are just media larks, I think they'll want a new face.

But wait, now I'm thinking as though I were their strategist. I need to dumb it down to get it right. Klob it is.

* That would be the postmodern national Tammany mob that did the last-second elevation of Biden so as to stop Sanders, knowing that this means a high chance of losing to Trump. Obviously Obama and Jill Stein are necessary members of this circle, and Anita Dunn seems to be the quarterback. Some team of oligarchs is involved. On the edges are the willing harakiri candidates (remember Pete and Amy? Beto?), or their primary handlers. The usual Clinton mob seem not to be included.

JackRiddler

Postby stickdog99 » Tue Apr 14, 2020 2:51 pm

JackRiddler » 14 Apr 2020 16:40 wrote:I am currently on "Other VP candidate."

They, the Biden campaign and whoever's among the handlers behind the scenes,* are still dangling prospects of Warren or Abrams, which I think is purely a matter of pandering to key demographics. That's very hard to imagine when the club's ownership includes Bloomberg and Dimon. Warren, especially, who stands for anti-Wall Street however fake she may be. (Abrams's group has taken Bloomberg money.) I think either one would be a signal that they intend to lose, but with dignity, ha ha. Harris and Klob are supposed to be the insider, ideologically reliable choices, the smart-money bets. A horrible minor Democratic insider who correctly tipped me off to the Tim Kaine choice months in advance of the 2016 convention is signalling Klob. But in truth both are old news and very weak also-rans. Leaving aside some who are just media larks, I think they'll want a new face.

But wait, now I'm thinking as though I were their strategist. I need to dumb it down to get it right. Klob it is.

* That would be the postmodern national Tammany mob that did the last-second elevation of Biden so as to stop Sanders, knowing that this means a high chance of losing to Trump. Obviously Obama and Jill Stein are necessary members of this circle, and Anita Dunn seems to be the quarterback. Some team of oligarchs is involved. On the edges are the willing harakiri candidates (remember Pete and Amy? Beto?), or their primary handlers. The usual Clinton mob seem not to be included.

Yeah, it seems as if the Clinton mob confined its contribution this cycle to ratfucking Sanders' bid at the state party level as well as by ramping up online toxicity levels, which they (and everyone else with any establishment standing) then blamed on Sanders supporters.
stickdog99

Postby liminalOyster » Tue Apr 14, 2020 3:56 pm

JackRiddler » Tue Apr 14, 2020 12:40 pm wrote:But wait, now I'm thinking as though I were their strategist. I need to dumb it down to get it right. Klob it is.

This. Plus her husband has/had COVID.
"It's not rocket surgery." - Elvis
liminalOyster

Postby thrulookingglass » Tue Apr 14, 2020 4:03 pm

democracy: government by the people; a form of government in which the supreme power is vested in the people and exercised directly by them or by their elected agents under a free electoral system.

Under that definition, I'll say NONE as Americans are thoroughly uncommitted to participating in their democracy as well as being earnestly forlorn from level of corruption that has been allowed to putrefy.

I'm voting green party again unless some miracle happens and Bernie makes some incredulous comeback.

Where do I pick up my wining aforementioned pool? :yay

Oooh! The Tinkler!
thrulookingglass

Postby norton ash » Tue Apr 14, 2020 4:14 pm

I'd say Henry Wallace but I'm afraid Truman and the DNC will rat-fuck him.
Zen horse
norton ash

Postby Elvis » Tue Apr 14, 2020 4:50 pm

Based on her very chipper demeanor in Twitter videos, I think Harris has been told. But then, I don't really give a fuck. :basicsmile
“The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists.” ― Joan Robinson
Elvis

Next

Return to General Discussion