Bet on Dem VP! (Switches to: "Spring 2020 Riots Thread")

Moderators: Elvis, DrVolin, Jeff

Who will be the actual Democratic candidate?

Sen. Harris
12%
Sen. Klobuchar
No votes
Sen. Warren
4%
Stacey Abrams
4%
Michelle Obama
16%
Secretary Clinton
16%
Gov. Whitmer
4%
Other VP candidate (click this and specify below)
12%
Brokered convention surprise: Other (click and specify)
12%
Rope-a-dope: Biden implodes, Sanders re-emerges
20%

Total votes : 25

Re: Pool: Who Is the Actual Democratic Candidate?

Postby Nordic » Fri Apr 17, 2020 10:54 pm

Michelle Obama. Glad to see others agree.
"He who wounds the ecosphere literally wounds God" -- Philip K. Dick
Nordic

Blog: View Blog (6)

Postby Grizzly » Fri Apr 17, 2020 11:36 pm

With all due respect...

Goddamn, ahhh naw, Goddamn Michelle Obomber!

^^^ F Bernie.
“The more we do to you, the less you seem to believe we are doing it.”

― Joseph mengele
Grizzly

Blog: View Blog (0)

Postby liminalOyster » Sun Apr 19, 2020 1:37 pm

"It's not rocket surgery." - Elvis
liminalOyster

Postby JackRiddler » Sun Apr 19, 2020 4:29 pm

Then change your vote in the poll too! Meanwhile...

I'm with Amy: FINAL ANSWER!

Rollout theme: Come Home, America!

Note that the side bet is about "Biden's" VP pick only, which is probably coming in the next couple of weeks. It does not rule out the exotic options (rope-a-dope, brokered convention, coup d'etat in ten, nine, eight...).

We meet at the borders of our being, we dream something of each others reality. - Harvey of R.I.

To Justice my maker from on high did incline:
I am by virtue of its might divine,
The highest Wisdom and the first Love.

TopSecret WallSt. Iraq & more
JackRiddler

Postby liminalOyster » Sun Apr 19, 2020 5:42 pm

Wait, I take it back. I thought there was some official announcement coming on Monday and have been interpreting MSM based on that. For now, I stick with Amy as the only one who gives him the demographic I think he needs. But ..... I diverge Jack, that "Come Home" is gonna work too well after the past few weeks........ "Come Together" is too plebeian in any other election year but this year might just work.
liminalOyster

Postby stickdog99 » Sun Apr 19, 2020 10:30 pm

Amy, whatcha gonna do?
I think I could stay with you.
For awhile, maybe longer, if I do.

I mean, her husband got COVID-19, and even her ex-boyfriends contributed $20. What more do y'all want in dementia victim's VP?
stickdog99

Postby JackRiddler » Sun Apr 19, 2020 10:53 pm

No, that was me. I say a deadline of Monday (tomorrow) for the bet. There are no stakes. All you get for predicting it weeks in advance are bragging rights and passing a minor test of your general assumptions. It will probably become more obvious before it's announced, and then we'll no doubt all change our minds if we got it wrong. I'm also assuming some kind of tag line or slogan or key word thing will go along with the announcement. So I threw that in if we need a tie-breaker, whoever comes closest wins. Now that you guys said it, I think Come Together is likelier and would work better but I'm stuck with Come Home America. Not that anything's going to work. (If you saw the Manchurian Candidate remake, the Democrats' slogan was SECURE AMERICA. They had that part pegged, I felt.)

EDIT, FIX: silly me, it was SECURE TOMORROW.
We meet at the borders of our being, we dream something of each others reality. - Harvey of R.I.

JackRiddler

Postby SonicG » Mon Apr 20, 2020 1:11 am

Warren is who I voted for but it might even be Warren/Obama or Obama/Warren...I am not expecting normal elections on any level in November however...
"a poiminint tidal wave in a notion of dynamite"
SonicG

Postby liminalOyster » Mon Apr 20, 2020 3:17 am

JackRiddler » Sun Apr 19, 2020 10:53 pm wrote:No, that was me. I say a deadline of Monday (tomorrow) for the bet. There are no stakes. All you get for predicting it weeks in advance are bragging rights and passing a minor test of your general assumptions. It will probably become more obvious before it's announced, and then we'll no doubt all change our minds if we got it wrong. I'm also assuming some kind of tag line or slogan or key word thing will go along with the announcement. So I threw that in if we need a tie-breaker, whoever comes closest wins. Now that you guys said it, I think Come Together is likelier and would work better but I'm stuck with Come Home America. Not that anything's going to work. (If you saw the Manchurian Candidate remake, the Democrats' slogan was SECURE AMERICA. They had that part pegged, I felt.)

Let's Get Real, America

And sticking with Klobuchar, fer sure then.
liminalOyster

Postby JackRiddler » Mon Apr 20, 2020 1:43 pm

So who else is giving a final answer? How do I see EIGHT for Clinton or Obama? One of those ain't happening, no matter how hard she chews at it, and the other clearly isn't chewing, though I see the logic if they want to win. If you believe either of these, come out and place your final bets! Time may be short. With every appearance Joe looks more like a space shuttle on reentry, shedding heat shields. He's gotta blow, folks. And remember, this is no more than two or three times a week, with chosen, friendly media, a fully controlled, calm environment, a teleprompter, plenty of chance to sleep, no doubt the best drug mix they can devise, and his wife at his side. They're going to choose a sucessor-bot soon.

JackRiddler

Postby dada » Mon Apr 20, 2020 3:27 pm

I rolled 1d8 to make my pick. Figured the last option is a joke option, and option nine confused me. An other "other" option? What's a "brokered convention surprise?" You can explain it, if you like.

I rolled an eight. So, an other. But I have to specify, can't just go with other. Alright, great. Thanks, Jack.

Andrew Yang.

There. Done. Don't let it be said I don't participate in the fun group activities here.

I think a dice roll is better than twisting your thoughts inside out trying to 'get on the wavelength.' It's dangerous making yourself stupider, and you run the risk of permanent damage.

Plus, it's a waste of time doing it this way. Suck on a whipped cream cannister, maybe get a kick in the head from a horse. Quicker, and just as cheap.
Both his words and manner of speech seemed at first totally unfamiliar to me, and yet somehow they stirred memories - as an actor might be stirred by the forgotten lines of some role he had played far away and long ago.
dada

Postby Elvis » Mon Apr 20, 2020 4:15 pm

After Biden's pledge, could they get away with picking anyone other than a woman?
“The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists.” ― Joan Robinson
Elvis

Postby dada » Mon Apr 20, 2020 4:39 pm

Elvis » Mon Apr 20, 2020 4:15 pm wrote:After Biden's pledge, could they get away with picking anyone other than a woman?

Probably. Say it's better not to take any democrats away from the senate or something. I don't know. Let the hacks and the talking heads rationalize it, people follow whatever they say.
Both his words and manner of speech seemed at first totally unfamiliar to me, and yet somehow they stirred memories - as an actor might be stirred by the forgotten lines of some role he had played far away and long ago.
dada

Postby JackRiddler » Mon Apr 20, 2020 5:21 pm

Oh please, there are so many far worse ways to get a little bit of gambling kick. Let us have a big of opium.

But this is true as fuck:

dada » Mon Apr 20, 2020 3:39 pm wrote:Probably. Say it's better not to take any democrats away from the senate or something. I don't know. Let the hacks and the talking heads rationalize it, people follow whatever they say.

JackRiddler

Postby liminalOyster » Mon Apr 20, 2020 5:40 pm

Elvis wrote:After Biden's pledge, could they get away with picking anyone other than a woman?

If by get away with you mean -- have a bunch of pissed off democrats tweeting and think-piecing it to shreds but still vote for him -- I offer my confident: yeah, fer sure.

I can't imagine it though.

The specter of supposed anti-HRC misogyny from 2016 is going to be some seriously important mojo-fuel come fall and a female VP is going to be critical to make it work.
liminalOyster

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion