'EcoFascism' and related Acts of Criminality.

Moderators: Elvis, DrVolin, Jeff

Re: 'EcoFascism' and related Acts of Criminality.

Postby Belligerent Savant » Sun May 03, 2020 4:42 pm

Stripping this down to a black/white dichotomy seems overly simplistic to me, particularly since the add-on question to my prior comment can be:

Regardless of the 'actual' answer to either question, to what extent are 'information managers' manipulating narratives towards their own ends?
Belligerent Savant

Blog: View Blog (0)

Postby semper occultus » Sun May 03, 2020 5:09 pm

if cold fusion or limiltess free energy - too cheap to meter - was discovered tomorrow what would then become the next limiting factor on global abundance for billions more people ?
semper occultus

Postby Iamwhomiam » Sun May 03, 2020 5:20 pm

100% - Always. As though their life depended upon it.

Reading the long article, most of it anyway, that undead posted, I felt, "the more erudite the propaganda, the more intellectuals swallow it wholly."

I also wonder why it is no evil environmentalists, all being globalists and secretly, capitalists, have been blamed for creating the pandemic? Barely a peep from this crowd.

I'll post a bit more. It's too late now to begin cooking for dinner, but the conversation around the Gibbs film TPOTH among environmentalists has been interesting. (I'm a friend of Josh Schlossberg, who's featured in one section,) Many rebuttals I've bookmarked and will now locate - even though I'm hungry.
Iamwhomiam

Postby Iamwhomiam » Sun May 03, 2020 5:33 pm

semper occultus » Sun May 03, 2020 5:09 pm wrote:if cold fusion or limiltess free energy - too cheap to meter - was discovered tomorrow what would then become the next limiting factor on global abundance for billions more people ?

Well, it takes 20 years to build a nuclear power plant. Think they could build enough CF plants to make a dent in demand? But were there free energy available and easily available to the masses, another system mus come into being - we cannot survive capitalism.
Iamwhomiam

Postby Belligerent Savant » Sun May 03, 2020 5:52 pm

Iamwhomiam » Sun May 03, 2020 4:20 pm wrote:I'll post a bit more. It's too late now to begin cooking for dinner, but the conversation around the Gibbs film TPOTH among environmentalists has been interesting. (I'm a friend of Josh Schlossberg, who's featured in one section,) Many rebuttals I've bookmarked and will now locate - even though I'm hungry.

Indeed - keeping oneself sated is far more important than addressing rhetorical commentary. Replies aren't pressing, of course. Day's too nice round my parts to keep to a screen. Getting some air and sun, despite blarings otherwise.
Belligerent Savant

Postby Iamwhomiam » Sun May 03, 2020 5:55 pm

Criticisms of Moore/Gibbs film Planet of the Humans

Really, Michael Moore?
I watched your climate movie, and I have some questions.

https://heated.world/p/really-michael-moore

Why "Planet of the Humans," Michael Moore’s new film about green energy, is so controversial

https://www.salon.com/2020/05/01/why-planet-of-the-humans-michael-moores-new-film-about-green-energy-is-so-controversial/?fbclid=IwAR0652RHtAyh1xHk5rijozegE8ysH0uEARcVsuKTVNYRuwj00ADq9EW66QQ

Planet of the Humans Comes This Close to Actually Getting the Real Problem, Then Goes Full Ecofascism

https://earther.gizmodo.com/planet-of-the-humans-comes-this-close-to-actually-getti-1843024329

Michael Moore produced a film about climate change that’s a gift to Big Oil

Planet of the Humans deceives viewers about clean energy and climate activists.

https://www.vox.com/2020/4/28/21238597/michael-moore-planet-of-the-humans-climate-change

350.Org's Response:

Bill McKibben April 22, 2020
Response: Planet of the Humans Documentary

https://350.org/response-planet-of-the-humans-documentary/
Iamwhomiam

Postby Joe Hillshoist » Mon May 04, 2020 9:45 am

semper occultus » 04 May 2020 07:09 wrote:if cold fusion or limiltess free energy - too cheap to meter - was discovered tomorrow what would then become the next limiting factor on global abundance for billions more people ?

Whatever else, at some point the surface of the planet would cook, unless we changed the way we do economies.

Even without CO2 emissions.
Joe Hillshoist

Postby thrulookingglass » Mon May 04, 2020 12:54 pm

All these 'critiques' (which are actually complaints) in regards to the film Michael Moore helped produce are telling. Attack Michael too, not the grotesque corporate entities who have purloined health from us by pilfering the planet for personal "gain". Damaging the ecosystem inflicts suffering upon us all as well! They've even poisoned your consciousness enough to where you think there isn't such a thing as "free energy" already. What is 'ol Sol's rate per kilowatt hour? Who's quote was it that said he who harms the ecosphere injures God? Economies?! "They" control your mind. Cowrie is obsolete, not humanity.
thrulookingglass

Postby Iamwhomiam » Mon May 04, 2020 5:00 pm

thrulookingglass wrote:All these 'critiques' (which are actually complaints) in regards to the film Michael Moore helped produce are telling. Attack Michael too, not the grotesque corporate entities who have purloined health from us by pilfering the planet for personal "gain". Damaging the ecosystem inflicts suffering upon us all as well! They've even poisoned your consciousness enough to where you think there isn't such a thing as "free energy" already. What is 'ol Sol's rate per kilowatt hour? Who's quote was it that said he who harms the ecosphere injures God? Economies?! "They" control your mind. Cowrie is obsolete, not humanity.

Not sure if you're addressing me or just offering your opinions, thrulookingglass. Almost all of the criticism being shared by environmentalists about the film is negative. Some are more pissed off by Moore producing it than they are with Gibbs, who made it, and some, just the opposite. But no one doesn't blame the moneymakers. They do attack the profiteers and rightfully so.

What the filmmakers don't do is offer those they criticize the decency of a rebuttal, and that's just bad journalism.

While I was watching it, I thought "Moore must be having his Dunning-Kruger moment editing this, as its fitting with his confirmation bias."

But what only a few are saying, and I'm one of them, that capitalism must come to an immediate end, which was Moore's main point, imo.

But to give the game up - to not continue to innovate and continue developing alternative power is defeatist, and deadly in consequence.

Anyway, The Hill interviewed Michael Moore, Gibbs and Ozzie Zehner and here Moore states his case:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bop8x24G_o0

Then they interviewed Josh Fox, who, with his letter's co-signers, first voiced their strong objection to the film.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iTYJCAxlOgs

And a little sumpin sumpin for you right-wingers:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ABAlVUzvMYI

Meanwhile,

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PUwmA3Q0_OE

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UF_LPlg0Ei0

But if you are looking for ecofacists among environmentalists, you will not find one. Look Here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-dk3NOEgX7o

And Look Here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ksrc7eI3IMY
Iamwhomiam

Postby 0_0 » Mon May 25, 2020 4:18 am

Is Prince Charles Using the Pandemic to Take on Capitalism?
In early June, the prince will kick off a plan called “Great Reset” to urge the world to focus on sustainability when rebuilding the world after the pandemic.
BY ERIN VANDERHOOF
MAY 22, 2020

Long known as a passionate environmentalist, Prince Charles has been spending the weeks since he recovered from a mild case of COVID-19 connecting the pandemic back to some of his regular concerns. For the last few weeks, he has used writing and social media to promote Pick for Britain, a scheme to solve labor shortages on the country farm. Now he has shifted his attention to the world stage, announcing a project he’s calling “Great Reset,” which will call on world leaders to fix global problems made urgent by the pandemic.

Along with the World Economic Forum, the organization behind the event that gathers some of the world’s richest people for a symposium in Davos, Switzerland, Charles will kick off the project at a virtual event on June 3. In January, Charles started a partnership with the organization called the Sustainable Markets Initiative, and he used a panel discussion at Davos to talk about how he thought capitalism needed to “reset” in order to prevent the worst effects of climate change. Now he’s applying that same logic to the aftermath of coronavirus.

According to the Telegraph, Charles has been working with Klaus Schwab, the WEF’s founder, on projects to help shape recovery from the pandemic. “The Prince believes that as countries and businesses around the world look to rebuild after this crisis, there is a unique but narrow window of opportunity to accelerate the sustainability agenda in a way that puts people and planet first,” a spokesperson for the initiative told the newspaper. “Before industries simply return to the old ways of doing things, this group, led by the prince and Professor Schwab, is setting out to show we have a chance to recover by doing things differently and with a lot less negative impact on the world we live in.”

https://www.vanityfair.com/style/2020/05/prince-charles-pandemic-great-reset

so how many of the worldwide draconian lockdown-measures are designed with preventing coronavirus in mind, and how many with this "unique window of opportunity" for a "great reset" that prince charles and "some of the world’s richest people" have been discussing in davos, switzerland this january, "to take on capitalism"? and in so far as they are designed with the latter in mind, when will they be lifted?
playmobil of the gods
0_0

Postby DrEvil » Mon May 25, 2020 11:44 am

^^They're just getting worried about all the guillotine pictures popping up online. They're also well aware of the science and its implications and realize that things need to change, so they figure it might as well be them making the changes to ensure they stay on top.

The current system needs to change, but it shouldn't be at the hands of these fuckers. Anything they do will be compromised by their need to maintain profits and dominance.
"I only read American. I want my fantasy pure." - Dave
DrEvil

Postby 0_0 » Fri Jun 05, 2020 3:16 pm

0_0 » Mon May 25, 2020 4:18 am wrote:
Is Prince Charles Using the Pandemic to Take on Capitalism?
In early June, the prince will kick off a plan called “Great Reset” to urge the world to focus on sustainability when rebuilding the world after the pandemic.
BY ERIN VANDERHOOF
MAY 22, 2020

Long known as a passionate environmentalist, Prince Charles has been spending the weeks since he recovered from a mild case of COVID-19 connecting the pandemic back to some of his regular concerns. For the last few weeks, he has used writing and social media to promote Pick for Britain, a scheme to solve labor shortages on the country farm. Now he has shifted his attention to the world stage, announcing a project he’s calling “Great Reset,” which will call on world leaders to fix global problems made urgent by the pandemic.

Along with the World Economic Forum, the organization behind the event that gathers some of the world’s richest people for a symposium in Davos, Switzerland, Charles will kick off the project at a virtual event on June 3. In January, Charles started a partnership with the organization called the Sustainable Markets Initiative, and he used a panel discussion at Davos to talk about how he thought capitalism needed to “reset” in order to prevent the worst effects of climate change. Now he’s applying that same logic to the aftermath of coronavirus.

According to the Telegraph, Charles has been working with Klaus Schwab, the WEF’s founder, on projects to help shape recovery from the pandemic. “The Prince believes that as countries and businesses around the world look to rebuild after this crisis, there is a unique but narrow window of opportunity to accelerate the sustainability agenda in a way that puts people and planet first,” a spokesperson for the initiative told the newspaper. “Before industries simply return to the old ways of doing things, this group, led by the prince and Professor Schwab, is setting out to show we have a chance to recover by doing things differently and with a lot less negative impact on the world we live in.”

https://www.vanityfair.com/style/2020/05/prince-charles-pandemic-great-reset

so how many of the worldwide draconian lockdown-measures are designed with preventing coronavirus in mind, and how many with this "unique window of opportunity" for a "great reset" that prince charles and "some of the world’s richest people" have been discussing in davos, switzerland this january, "to take on capitalism"? and in so far as they are designed with the latter in mind, when will they be lifted?

playmobil of the gods
0_0

Postby Belligerent Savant » Mon Jun 08, 2020 10:59 am

The clip can be placed in a number of threads.

Belligerent Savant

Postby Belligerent Savant » Sat Feb 06, 2021 1:24 pm

Anyone here still sticking to the 'Greta is authentic' storyline?

Belligerent Savant

Postby Elvis » Sat Feb 06, 2021 2:42 pm

^^^ No link? I can't tell from the image what the poster is trying to prove.
“The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists.” ― Joan Robinson
Elvis

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion