Welcome to Rigorous Intuition v.2020! (admin issues thread)

Moderators: Elvis, DrVolin, Jeff

Re: Welcome to Rigorous Intuition v.2020! (admin issues thre

Postby Elvis » Thu Sep 03, 2020 7:34 pm

Grizzly » Thu Sep 03, 2020 3:31 pm wrote:Mods, look at my recent drafts, I have had my IP Blacklisted, and blocked again...

Your drafts? Can you provide more detail? It's nothing being done on the RI admin end!
“The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists.” ― Joan Robinson
Elvis

Blog: View Blog (0)

Postby Grizzly » Thu Sep 03, 2020 8:13 pm

sure, if this isn't blocked:

“The more we do to you, the less you seem to believe we are doing it.”

― Joseph mengele
Grizzly

This is not us!

Postby JackRiddler » Thu Sep 03, 2020 11:47 pm

Grizzly: Seriously, as I told you on the earlier incidence of this, I have no idea what spamhaus is! I don't know how that appears as a message from our own phpbb board. We don't have a "spamhaus" feature on the mod or admin controls. I have never seen it elsewhere. I also would not know how action or a protocol from the server/host, from your own operating system, or perhaps from the phpbb software, would produce what you are seeing as a board message. Have you looked up if it's some kind spamware or malware, this spamhaus? Around here any sanctions would be done openly with a stated cause, not through some stealth inconvenience strategy. Please try to figure out other possibilities for what is going on. I can tell you from last week's board shutdown incident that the weirdest shit happens, and the reason can be something you would have never thought at first.
We meet at the borders of our being, we dream something of each others reality. - Harvey of R.I.

To Justice my maker from on high did incline:
I am by virtue of its might divine,
The highest Wisdom and the first Love.

TopSecret WallSt. Iraq & more
JackRiddler

Postby Hugo Farnsworth » Fri Sep 04, 2020 8:19 am

Looks like malware injecting some html nonsense enticing the victim to go to spamhaus and "fix" it.
Without traversing the edges, the center is unknowable.
Hugo Farnsworth

Postby DrEvil » Fri Sep 04, 2020 8:20 am

^^Spamhaus is legit. They track spam and compile blacklists that a lot of companies use.

@Grizzly: you can take a look here to try to get your IP delisted:
https://www.spamhaus.org/lookup/
"I only read American. I want my fantasy pure." - Dave
DrEvil

Postby Elvis » Fri Sep 04, 2020 7:51 pm

FYI in case someone contacts me and I don't reply right away, my elderly cat died today and I'll be taking the weekend off.
“The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists.” ― Joan Robinson
Elvis

Postby Grizzly » Fri Sep 04, 2020 8:17 pm

Awww, man... Condolences Elvis. Losing our fur babies is soooo hard. I put mine down in 07, haven't been able to go through that again.

RE: Blocking, blacklisting... Yeah, yeah. I at first thought the way Hugo Farnsworth, suggested, and that it might have been a phishing link, (Spamhaus) but since I run linux, I'm more adventurous and not as hesitant to try what Dr. Evil suggested. Didn't really get anywhere that way either, as it was unclear territory, and the techspeak unfamiliar further in, and since it stopped out of nowhere, just as it began out of nowhere. I would have completely let it go, as an anomaly, if it had only happened once, but it kept happening this time, and then just stopped again.

https://www.spamhaus.org/lookup/ was useless, at first it told me, I wasn't blacklisted, and further in told me my ip was, because of 'possible bitcoin mining', from my router, then the issue abruptly stopped, again told me my ip was safe. So, I’m just as baffled as before.
“The more we do to you, the less you seem to believe we are doing it.”

― Joseph mengele
Grizzly

Postby Perelandra » Sat Sep 05, 2020 12:30 am

Elvis » Fri Sep 04, 2020 3:51 pm wrote:FYI in case someone contacts me and I don't reply right away, my elderly cat died today and I'll be taking the weekend off.
Damn, was it Gina? My condolences and :hug1:
“The past is never dead. It's not even past.” - William Faulkner
Perelandra

Postby Iamwhomiam » Sat Sep 05, 2020 6:25 pm

Very sad to read of the passing of your old friend, Elvis.
Iamwhomiam

Postby Elvis » Tue Sep 08, 2020 8:58 pm

Thanks everyone for the condolences. :basicsmile

Perelandra wrote:Damn, was it Gina?

Gina died about three years ago; a few months later I brought this new cat home from my workplace, where she'd showed up out of the blue one day in 2006 (making her at least 15 years old). For the first two years, she wouldn't let anybody touch her or get too near. Gradully she began to feel safe around us, loved being petted, and had a good life living on the business compound. After she was attacked by a raccoon a couple of years ago, I took her home to live with me, and she lived her last two years in luxury.
:basicsmile
Elvis

Postby Perelandra » Tue Sep 08, 2020 10:13 pm

Thanks for sharing about them, I know the life of a cat butler, too. :wink
“The past is never dead. It's not even past.” - William Faulkner
Perelandra

Postby Cordelia » Fri Sep 18, 2020 2:36 pm

Elvis » Tue Sep 01, 2020 3:34 pm wrote:I'm sorry to report that chump is banned.

Gee thanks Mods. Another well liked, longtime member. Poof!

Nice job.
The greatest sin is to be unconscious. ~ Carl Jung

We may not choose the parameters of our destiny. But we give it its content. ~ Dag Hammarskjold 'Waymarks'
Cordelia

Postby Elvis » Sat Sep 19, 2020 10:24 am

Elvis » Tue Sep 01, 2020 1:34 pm wrote:I'm sorry to report that chump is banned.

We've been very patient and too accomodating with chump's antisemitic sources. Notorious Holocaust denier Michael Hoffman is the last straw. We're not having it here.

This is an anti-fascist board. Propagation of fascist, neo-Nazi and "white pride" causes, including sympathetically linking to sites which advocate such, will not be permitted. This includes revisionist histories of the Holocaust.
viewtopic.php?f=8&t=8705
Elvis

Postby Joe Hillshoist » Fri Oct 30, 2020 2:23 am

Okay... I have been dropping and reading without necessarily posting for a while and I'm just wondering why I haven't seen much of Jack Riddler around the place?

I worry about you people, even tho I don't know you in RL I've known some of you for fifteen years via Jeffs blogs and boards.

Jack I hope you are good and the 'rona hasn't got to you.
Joe Hillshoist

Postby Joe Hillshoist » Fri Oct 30, 2020 2:25 am

Just read about your cat Elvis.

I know it's late but here's to your kitty. Chin up mate.
Joe Hillshoist

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion